Queens gauntlet achievement category

Why did you copy and paste the queens gauntlet achievement category instead of letting us continue at the place we stopped last time? The event happened twice and both time it reused the category, but this time you made a new category. Why?

It would have been a good way to let players catch up on achievement points slightly. You are letting people continue their SAB achievements also, why not here? I am really angry right now!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> Probably because they had to do a lot of changes to the event. It's not the same festival you played last time.

The gauntlet bosses are the same plus some new ones. The achievements for the old bosses are literally the same word for word. If you ask me this is unacceptable and I will never buy gems again.

> @"Mel.8734" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > Probably because they had to do a lot of changes to the event. It's not the same festival you played last time.

> The gauntlet bosses are the same plus some new ones. The achievements for the old bosses are literally the same word for word. If you ask me this is unacceptable and I will never buy gems again.

Making empty threats about not buying gems is not the best way to get what you want.

The names of achievements may be the same, but I believe the patch notes mentioning the fights being retuned. Meaning they aren't exactly the same. Plus, this is the same treatment other festivals got. Instead of restarting the achievements every year, we now have some repeatable ones, and some non-repeatable ones, but that meant that many achievements had to be recreated to match the new parameters.

Man, you should be happy, you now get to get the achievement again, and earn the ap again. Meaning you will have earned AP in the past that people like myself will never be able to obtain because its now historical content.

> @"lorddarkflare.9186" said:

> Calm down.

>

> You are right, they should address this, lets see if we get feedback from this potential oversight(?) first.

You are right I should calm down, but I am disappointed that I will never be able to finish the category now after waiting for years to come back again.

The question is if Anet could even fix this now, other than automatically unlocking the old corresponding achievements when completing the new one and possibly setting the new one to 0 AP to make up for it.

> @"Mel.8734" said:

> > @"lorddarkflare.9186" said:

> > Calm down.

> >

> > You are right, they should address this, lets see if we get feedback from this potential oversight(?) first.

> You are right I should calm down, but I am disappointed that I will never be able to finish the category now after waiting for years to come back again.

> The question is if Anet could even fix this now, other than automatically unlocking the old corresponding achievements when completing the new one and possibly setting the new one to 0 AP to make up for it.

Perhaps I am missing something here, but why would you want the new one set to 0 AP?

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Mel.8734" said:

> > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > Probably because they had to do a lot of changes to the event. It's not the same festival you played last time.

> > The gauntlet bosses are the same plus some new ones. The achievements for the old bosses are literally the same word for word. If you ask me this is unacceptable and I will never buy gems again.

>

> Making empty threats about not buying gems is not the best way to get what you want.

> The names of achievements may be the same, but I believe the patch notes mentioning the fights being retuned. Meaning they aren't exactly the same. Plus, this is the same treatment other festivals got. Instead of restarting the achievements every year, we now have some repeatable ones, and some non-repeatable ones, but that meant that many achievements had to be recreated to match the new parameters.

>

> Man, you should be happy, you now get to get the achievement again, and earn the ap again. Meaning you will have earned AP in the past that people like myself will never be able to obtain because its now historical content.

Anet stepped away from making it possible to miss AP if you look at he past festivals. Achievements that reset every year give nothing now.

I do not really care much about the AP, I just want to finish the categories. Anet said the event will happen regularly again and so did I and probably many others only complete the bosses they felt able to at that time. Now years forward they finally bring it back with this disappointment. I would rather they would have not brought it back at all in that case

> @"Mel.8734" said:

> > > @"Mel.8734" said:

> > > > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > > > Probably because they had to do a lot of changes to the event. It's not the same festival you played last time.

> > > The gauntlet bosses are the same plus some new ones. The achievements for the old bosses are literally the same word for word. If you ask me this is unacceptable and I will never buy gems again.

> >

> > Making empty threats about not buying gems is not the best way to get what you want.

> > The names of achievements may be the same, but I believe the patch notes mentioning the fights being retuned. Meaning they aren't exactly the same. Plus, this is the same treatment other festivals got. Instead of restarting the achievements every year, we now have some repeatable ones, and some non-repeatable ones, but that meant that many achievements had to be recreated to match the new parameters.

> >

> > Man, you should be happy, you now get to get the achievement again, and earn the ap again. Meaning you will have earned AP in the past that people like myself will never be able to obtain because its now historical content.

> Anet stepped away from making it possible to miss AP if you look at he past festivals. Achievements that reset every year give nothing now.

> I do not really care much about the AP, I just want to finish the categories. Anet said the event will happen regularly again and so did I and probably many others only complete the bosses they felt able to at that time. Now years forward they finally bring it back with this disappointment. I would rather they would have not brought it back at all in that case

I feel like you are massively overreacting. After this year, I am 99% sure most the achievements will not be repeatable. They are most likely recreated because it has been so long and the changes anet has made to how they do festival achievements. (I can't say for sure as I am still patching my game)

I highly doubt that the achievements will reset every year, there will be some that are repeatable, but any major achievements will be one time only from now on.

I feel for OP, it ruined my day also (feel free to laugh, whatever). Last time this event came back these achievements could be continued where you left off, but this time you randomly cannot? I played through all the old bosses and they are exactly as I remember them, so no reason for this move.

Now I hate that I wasted time on WildStar even more, because after all the years of waiting for the event to return, it did with this nasty suprise and I will miss out of 20 AP forever. I do not expect sympathy, but it is kinda strange that Anet suddenly did this where as OP pointed out SAB achievement categories stayed as they are, despite quite noticeable changes, especially in tribulation mode. If I knew this back then I definitely would have played less WildStar and focused more on Liadri with 8 orbs, which despite the powercreep still feels as hard as before, since doing damage is not the bottleneck, but picking up and throwing enough orbs without getting one shot is the difficulty.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Festivals have all achievements reset each year so that you can do them again and get more APs. Its how they get retention from players who want the big AP since new content doesn't give hardly any.

That is simply not true, they started giving 0 AP for all achievements that reset every year. (Started like a year or more ago?)

The achievements aren't the same. Much has changed (the achievement mechanics infrastructure probably isn't the same either). it's consistent with how ANet has handled similar things in the past: prior to a year or so ago, each year brought new achievements for returned content. More recently, they've changed it so that annual festivals have some annual achievements and some lifetime ones.

There's other precedent too: when minis were removed from material storage and moved to the wardrobe, they added new, identical achievements and retired the old ones. Those who only unlocked for the wardrobe didn't get retroactive credit for the older achievement; those who collected prior to the change but didn't wardrobe-unlock only got credit for the old one and not the new.

Of course it would be nice if ANet could just simplify things for us. But that's not always realistic.

I think it was because the API got nuked?

It was very odd as they brought back the list for the 2014 event but not this one. I don't think you can even go back and view uncompleted historical achievements now.

While I am happy for new AP and all. I was kinda peeved I had to go back and do 8 orb as well as other ones that were a pain. Granted they are much easier to do now. Its no fun having to repeat something you already achieved for an identical check list.

It's odd, but nothing to get upset over. If anything, this is beneficial to veteran players because while the old achievements are locked, the new ones are exact copies allowing you to basically get double AP for those you've done already. No big deal.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Festivals have all achievements reset each year so that you can do them again and get more APs. Its how they get retention from players who want the big AP since new content doesn't give hardly any.

This was changed with Halloween '17 though. It's why we now have a number of achievements from Halloween, Wintersday, and LNY labeled "(Annual)". SAB lacked such, iirc, and FotFW seems to lack it too curiously.

They told us that starting then, there'd be three types of achievements: 1 time achievements, annual achievements, and repeatable achievements with an AP cap. Excluding brand new achievements that may get added, there won't be new AP for Halloween and onward of what we've experienced. There are, however, achievements that give item rewards that reset each year.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

>after all the years of waiting for the event to return, it did with this nasty suprise and I will miss out of 20 AP forever.

You lose 20 AP forever...

But you just gained 184 AP (I just counted, there's 204 AP and only one new achievement which gives 20 AP). The cost being doing the old bosses you've already managed to beat again. Which isn't very hard to do.

Seriously, why complain about the AP? **It's a net gain for veterans.** The same people who moan and whine about the lack of new AP. Thanks to not recycling the old AP (not just in Gauntlet but Boss Blitz and Cliffs too) **this update adds 541 AP!**

If it had been as you and OP asked for, we'd only be gaining around 280 AP.

So thanks to this little "horrid" thing, veterans gain about double the extra AP.

So why the hell are veterans complaining about it?

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> If they didn't reset, it would be much less appealing to people who already finished.

This. I really enjoyed doing all those achieves again and getting more AP. From the old category i already had everything except the 8-orbs one, so it wouldve been less fun if they just took over the old category. They did it right imo.

> @"Mel.8734" said:

> > Probably because they had to do a lot of changes to the event. It's not the same festival you played last time.

> The gauntlet bosses are the same plus some new ones. The achievements for the old bosses are literally the same word for word. If you ask me this is unacceptable and I will never buy gems again.

lol for some reason i found this "i will never buy gems again" part extremely funny

> @"Mel.8734" said:

> Why did you copy and paste the queens gauntlet achievement category instead of letting us continue at the place we stopped last time? The event happened twice and both time it reused the category, but this time you made a new category. Why?

> It would have been a good way to let players catch up on achievement points slightly. You are letting people continue their SAB achievements also, why not here? I am really angry right now!

Because veteran players must always remain at an advantage, it's your fault for not being here since old days.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> It's odd, but nothing to get upset over. If anything, this is beneficial to veteran players because while the old achievements are locked, the new ones are exact copies allowing you to basically get double AP for those you've done already. No big deal.

>

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Festivals have all achievements reset each year so that you can do them again and get more APs. Its how they get retention from players who want the big AP since new content doesn't give hardly any.

>

> This was changed with Halloween '17 though. It's why we now have a number of achievements from Halloween, Wintersday, and LNY labeled "(Annual)". SAB lacked such, iirc, and FotFW seems to lack it too curiously.

>

> They told us that starting then, there'd be three types of achievements: 1 time achievements, annual achievements, and repeatable achievements with an AP cap. Excluding brand new achievements that may get added, there won't be new AP for Halloween and onward of what we've experienced. There are, however, achievements that give item rewards that reset each year.

>

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> >after all the years of waiting for the event to return, it did with this nasty suprise and I will miss out of 20 AP forever.

>

> You lose 20 AP forever...

>

> But you just gained 184 AP (I just counted, there's 204 AP and only one new achievement which gives 20 AP). The cost being doing the old bosses you've already managed to beat again. Which isn't very hard to do.

>

> Seriously, why complain about the AP? **It's a net gain for veterans.** The same people who moan and whine about the lack of new AP. Thanks to not recycling the old AP (not just in Gauntlet but Boss Blitz and Cliffs too) **this update adds 541 AP!**

>

> If it had been as you and OP asked for, we'd only be gaining around 280 AP.

>

> So thanks to this little "horrid" thing, veterans gain about double the extra AP.

>

> So why the hell are veterans complaining about it?

Not all are complaining. I think it was the right call

I think it's fine, let me get some achis twice now which is always great for an AP hunter like myself. I was very suprised when I saw that they also kept the AP at about the same lavel as the 2014 event. I expected them to go from approx. 200AP in 2014 to maybe 50 AP in 2018, following the most recent events. Be happy you can actually get the same 20AP for Liadri now that you got back then and that they didn't reintroduce the achi for 5AP. We'll see next year which part of the Achis will remain and wich will be erestted each year. I assume the gauntlet ones won't be reseted for next year, just expanded as new champs roll in.

On a side note. Having "I'm so rustled right now that I won't be buying gems anymore because of this" as part of your argument doesn't help getting the point across that you might actually have a valuable opinion on the issue. Not saying that you don't, but it's just neither good etiquette for a discusion nor a strong argument for ANet to do anything.

As others have said...festival achievements are somewhat expected to reset each year (see halloween and wintersday). Yes, I know it has not been around every year, but it has repeated...and most importantly to me, a-net has kinda said they want to keep this going forward as a summer festival.

For me personally I really appreciate a new source for AP. You seem to be trying to "catch up" to veteran players (according to the OP). I don't personally see that as feasible. I started gw1 when nightfall was released. I enjoyed the crap out of that game. I had 3 GWAMM chrs, but I didn't feel it my right to be able to get or achieve everything that players that had been playing years more than I have did.

Yes, you are missing out on points from the past (as are MOST players, since few if any got EVERY historical AP). If you compare apples to apples and play as long as a veteran you will have the capacity to achieve similar points. You can't start a race after Usain Bolt and expect to be at the same point in the race if you started 3 minutes after him. Maybe you can be at the same point he was at the 3 minute mark, but catching up to him is not realistic. That was an analogy...not identical to the situation, but close enough to make a point.