Do I miss anything by skipping One Path Ends of LW Season 3?

I kept thinking I was missing some important decision point. They let me choose between the Vigil, Priory, and Whispers, why force this on me?

Also why hasn't there been more stuff with the orders?

What the heck is going on with the writing for this game?

> @"Danny.8596" said:

> I kept thinking I was missing some important decision point. They let me choose between the Vigil, Priory, and Whispers, why force this on me?

>

> Also why hasn't there been more stuff with the orders?

>

> What the heck is going on with the writing for this game?

LS3 episode 6 fits okay on a human character (particularly Mesmer) but not for any other race. PoF story is even worse. And LS4 is much worse. So.. have fun ?

"By the way, we're killing the last Mursaat after all."

"Oh, I thought I was here just to find Balthazar. This is out of the blue."

I had to remember really hard that there was a clue to this in Lake Doric's chapter, but there was so little following up on it including the final chapter that it had NO impact.

Episode6 is interesting but kinda stand alone. The important things for PoF's story happened at the end of E5, E6 basically just tells you to go to the desert. The shining blade stuff really makes no sense for non-human characters and since our powerlever exceeds 9000 by now, I doubt their magic would leave a scratch. On a side note, events during PoF may have removed the oath anyway by the time you get to the end.

However, the instance is solid if you're into Lore, Siren's Landing is a beautiful map showing what's possible if they ever revisit Orr, if you have one and a half million Karma to spend there's a 6 for 5 offer on ascended backpieces with selectable HoT stats.

Ep6 stands alone with almost no tie ins to the rest of the arc except we are looking for Balthazar. The map is the weakest in my opinion of the season and the only thing thar really stood out was the dialogue between you and the main NPC. The final fight added closure to a side story which was both good and a disservice.

The biggest issue I had (beyond the silly SHining Blade joining bit) was that it didn't appropriately lead into PoF except with a cutscene. I think the Season might have been better with the episodes rearranged a bit, but ultimately yes you can skip ep6. I will saythough, if they ever revisit that you joined them, skipping ep6 wont change the fact that the story will still assume you did.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Ep6 stands alone with almost no tie ins to the rest of the arc except we are looking for Balthazar. The map is the weakest in my opinion of the season and the only thing thar really stood out was the dialogue between you and the main NPC. The final fight added closure to a side story which was both good and a disservice.

>

> The biggest issue I had (beyond the silly SHining Blade joining bit) was that it didn't appropriately lead into PoF except with a cutscene. I think the Season might have been better with the episodes rearranged a bit, but ultimately yes you can skip ep6. I will saythough, if they ever revisit that you joined them, skipping ep6 wont change the fact that the story will still assume you did.

Switching 5 and 6 would have made more sense for pacing, eye of janthir notwithstanding (aurene could have filled that role anyway).

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Ep6 stands alone with almost no tie ins to the rest of the arc except we are looking for Balthazar. The map is the weakest in my opinion of the season and the only thing thar really stood out was the dialogue between you and the main NPC. The final fight added closure to a side story which was both good and a disservice.

>

> The biggest issue I had (beyond the silly SHining Blade joining bit) was that it didn't appropriately lead into PoF except with a cutscene. I think the Season might have been better with the episodes rearranged a bit, but ultimately yes you can skip ep6. I will saythough, if they ever revisit that you joined them, skipping ep6 wont change the fact that the story will still assume you did.

Siren't Landing was fun, come on. JP was great, the meta event is a good farm and was fun for a while and not to mention all those delicious tree for my 39 Elder Wood mmm :disappointed_relieved:

Only downside to the map is the Balthazar area and even that one becomes awesome when you bring a knockback to finish the heart in 4 seconds

> @"Danny.8596" said:

> Quick closed the game once I realized they were trying to have me join the Shining Blade.

>

> I have no desire to be bound by magic to their crap group. I want nothing to do with them.

It doesn't matter if you played it or not, its canon, and you're now part of the Cult. Just like if you never did any of the other story chapters in the entire game, Joko would still talk about how the world will remember you for the Scars you gouged into it, and how you were that one mortal "so monumentally STUPID" to kill 2 Elder Dragons (and a God to boot).

And if you weren't part of the story.....then why exactly are you always at the forefront of nearly every Tyrian disaster in the last few years? Just accept it... no matter how much you think of yourself as a hero or an adventurer, you're only on this fight to grab as much undeserved loot as you possibly can, while other people have paid the price for your incompetence. Do you really think you have a moral high ground to stand on by turning down membership in a "crazy magic cult"? After all the chaos you've caused, even if you refuse to take credit for it?

Come now, Commander.... at least try to show a little dignity about your life choices.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> LS3 episode 6 fits okay on a human character (particularly Mesmer) but not for any other race.

Yet people ask for a new race all the time, lol... Anet can't even write separate story options for the existing races.

> @"Solene.3067" said:

> For me personally this nonsense about joining the Shining Blade in that episode was one of the reasons to stop playing any following parts of the story.

Yeah, this pretty much killed any interest I had in doing stories ever again. I do what I have to to get maps unlocked and the reward track unlocked, but I just skip all dialogue and click through without reading anymore cause I don't want to see how bad they could fuck up other things about the game/lore I might like.

@OP, Because Anet's staff writes everything like EVERYONE is playing a human female. They literally don't care that it makes NO sense for ANY other race to join the 'humans only" club.

joining shining blade was extremely out of place and problematic for lore wise for various reasons.

it would be very simple and less troublesome for the story, if they had made an offer, had made an agreement of the type "capture the important artifact X we need, we will give you what you want."

For example, theoretically a member of the shinning blade should prioiritize the protection of the queen, right? So what do you are doing chasing after a God in the desert? its very lore breaking.

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> joining shining blade was extremely out of place and problematic for lore wise for various reasons.

>

> it would be very simple and less troublesome for the story, if they had made an offer, had made an agreement of the type "capture the important artifact X we need, we will give you what you want."

>

> For example, theoretically a member of the shinning blade should prioiritize the protection of the queen, right? So what do you are doing chasing after a God in the desert? its very lore breaking.

The Pact Commander is preventing that God from destroying the entire planet, and Kryta and the Queen along with it. You could hardly define that as being against Kryta's interests.