Member berries

Member the final event during one of the Beta weekends where the Shatterer attacked and we were all dressed in the pirate outfits and it was in the Hunger games style and when you dies you were a branded and it was outside Rata Sum and it was Epic and we've never seen it again? I member.

> @"Saul Rua.2739" said:

> Member the final event during one of the Beta weekends where the Shatterer attacked and we were all dressed in the pirate outfits and it was in the Hunger games style and when you dies you were a branded and it was outside Rata Sum and it was Epic and we've never seen it again? I member.

They did something similiar in GW1, member the charr killing everyone, i member!

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I member being such a noob I though the pebbles from killing Elementals in Queensdale was a big deal (+3 stats that you can put on your gear!!!!)

>

> We don’t talk about such things no more.

I remember crafting loads of Runes of Life and thinking it was amazing that we could create items with great bonuses (+20 Health! With no downsides!) right from the start. To be fair I was coming straight from GW1 where +20 health was a big deal.

> @"demitel.1340" said:

> I member when people thought that [Hero's Band](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Band "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Band") would give unfair advantage for people who pre-purchased the game.

As above I think it's because GW1 used smaller numbers so +2 to all stats would be a significant boost. The best you could get from upgrades in that game was +3 to 1 attribute, and that was balanced out by removing 75 health.

But I still use my Hero's Band, right up until level 80 on each character, and I keep it in their inventory after that. If there was a way to upgrade it to ascended (or even exotic) I'd keep using them, even though celestial stats doesn't fit most of my characters.

I member when nobody knew what the rune in the cave in Queensdale was for, and my wife's character picked it up while we were both in the cave.

Didn't do that again, that's for sure.

I member when Lion's Arch looked like a non-sepia version of how it looks in the PS instances.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> But I still use my Hero's Band, right up until level 80 on each character, and I keep it in their inventory after that. If there was a way to upgrade it to ascended (or even exotic) I'd keep using them, even though celestial stats doesn't fit most of my characters.

Indeed. All my characters still have that in their respective bags (somehow I can't *ever* bring myself to throw it away), along with the EotN access stone, even though only Rangers have *any* need to go there any more.

Oh, and I still have two (large) figurines of Rytlock cluttering up my spare room from when my wife and I bought the Collector's Edition to get guaranteed access to BWE2 and onwards.

I remember when Sylvari wasn't available in beta so I had to play Human (ew). :P

I remember when Anet changed the behavior of mobs during one of the beta weekends and they avoided our ground AoEs. People were angry so they reverted the change, lol.

I member first halloween.

> I had 75 silver in my wallet.

>The greatsaw skin was on the TP for 10 gold.

> My friend had 10 gold.

> I begged my friend to buy the greatsaw.

> He said nah.

> Halloween ends.

> Greatsaw goes up to 12k gold and stays there for about 3 years.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"Khailyn.6248" said:

> > Member when you could store gold in your bank for safe keeping instead of needing to put it on the trading post or converting it into a material currency?

>

> I don't member why my gold isn't safe now? :/

"Safe keeping" = out of sight so I don't get tempted to spend it. That's what I take it to mean at least.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> I member when nobody knew what the rune in the cave in Queensdale was for, and my wife's character picked it up while we were both in the cave.

>

Yeah I inadvertently disrupted the champ train doing that once and the map chat was beyond furious.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > Member when you could store gold in your bank for safe keeping instead of needing to put it on the trading post or converting it into a material currency?

>

> I don't member why my gold isn't safe now? :/

people have different spending habits. i personally liked having the option to toss my gold into the city bank and being unable to spend it or even access it w/o going back to the bank to withdraw it. having coin in your wallet can be a temptation to buy things even if they arent needed. for some its a self control thing, others like me its a 'out of sight, out of mind'. either way, even thought it only existed for the first year or less of the game I wish it would come back. now, i put bids on the AH for items that wont ever be filled just to cancel the bids later on as needed.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

>

> member when there was still a bank?

there isnt a bank now?? not sure what you mean by this.