Time to Release Legendaries+1

So it would be cool if they came up with a + version of every legendary. The + version could have more particle effects, a flashier aura, larger footfalls, more attack animation or new flashier draw animations, or something which cosmetically enhances it over the original. Edit: they could even allow the +1 versions to swap sigils as well as stats, giving more utility over the original legendaries.

It could be created by throwing 2 regular legendaries of the same type into the mystic forge. This is good because it will give people an incentive to get the twice told legend title. It will also increase the number of legendaries that are crafted/sold, thus improving the economy and how much money anet makes in gem purchases.

Additionally the resources used to develop a +1 flashier version of an already existing legendary weapon would be minimal, but would be worth the effort to many players whom would undoubtedly craft them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"yoni.7015" said:

> > I don’t see an advantage in that, would just be a material sink, and not even a clever one.

>

> Ok they could make the +1 versions allow you to swap sigils as well as stats if you want more utility.

That should be a feature that doesn't include grinding more to get IMO. At one point after legendary armor was released I think Anet said they were looking into that but were considering how it might impact the economy. I have not followed the issue in a while so I'm not sure if they ever decided yes or no. I'm guessing no since it has not been implemented.

Instead of giving us what you describe I'd rather have them make sigils and infusions swappable, for free, as "fixing a bug" or "bringing our first legendary items on par to the ones we released since(armors, backpieces, trinkets)". If there was a paywall for that feature in the form of crafting every one of my weapons a second time, I doubt I'd do it, I might as well reconsider legendaries in general at that point and they are a good part of my long term goals.

They seem to have abandoned the Eternity route for legendaries and moved towards infusions when it comes to adding more flashyness to your flashyness. Infusions look like an easier item to handle so I doubt they will ever come back to things like Eternity.

Also, swappable sigils and infusions on legendary weapons, because they are expensive and should work like other legendary items, when? ;)

> So it would be cool if they came up with a + version of every legendary. The + version could have more particle effects, a flashier aura, larger footfalls, more attack animation or new flashier draw animations, or something which cosmetically enhances it over the original. Edit: they could even allow the +1 versions to swap sigils as well as stats, giving more utility over the original legendaries.

>

+ plus raise everyones ping in the process.

So let me get this straight... a game where the end game is cosmetic rewards, you don't want better cosmetic rewards because it makes your personal PC slower. This reminds me of the meme where ppl say to stop typing in chat because its heating up their laptop and burning their leg.

I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to this, I don't see anyone complaining about flashier mount skins, which definently lag the game more than legendaries. In fact, when they make new mount skins, everyone logs in, plays and buys them...

> So let me get this straight... a game where the end game is cosmetic rewards, you don't want better cosmetic rewards because it makes your personal PC slower. This reminds me of the meme where ppl say to stop typing in chat because its heating up their laptop and burning their leg.

>

> I don't understand why anyone would be opposed to this, I don't see anyone complaining about flashier mount skins, which definently lag the game more than legendaries. In fact, when they make new mount skins, everyone logs in, plays and buys them...

I have to disagree there.. the difference between mounts and legendary weapons is that mount effects don't linger in combat where there are about a hundred people swinging flashy weapons and making big flashy booms with their skills.. not to mention everything going on with the boss too.

Legendary weapons especially the obnoxious greatswords are the biggest culprits there when it comes to adding pointless flashy effects that effect everyones performance..

I see no reason to make that problem even worse by allowing people to make those effects even bigger.

End of the day cosmetics are more than just flashy effects.. there's a ton of awesome skins in the game that don't look like a segment of your screen just died XD

if there is one thing this game needs less off, it is particle effects and the like. You may look cool when standing at the bank in LA, but every multiplayer experience is a visual clutter, to a degree where you cannot even see the combat tells half of the time... nah, make that 90% of the time.

I very much doubt that this idea will ever come to fruition.

It takes a lot of artist and development time to make a legendary weapon. This is made plainly obvious by the frequency of new weapon releases. It would not make good financial sense to revisit older content for the sole purpose of enhancing its looks as the investment : reward ratio would be low (this is of course my speculative opinion only).

The legendary weapons are perfect the way they are.

I don't see the appeal of this idea. I have two legendaries - the Dreamer and the Bifrost and the Dreamer I made specifically because it's the most absurd, over the top idea I'd ever seen for a weapon in a game. But even with that mentality I can't imagine any additions to the effects that would make it seem worthwhile to craft another one. Oh and I have already made a 2nd Dreamer (which I sold) so it's not that I hated doing it and never want to do it again. It's just a legendary takes a lot of time and effort and gold/materials to make and doing it twice just for slightly bigger effects doesn't seem worthwhile.

Besides which it's not always the case that more/bigger is better. One of the other legendaries I want to make is the Claw of the Khan-Ur for my charr thief. I thought he wouldn't ever get a legendary because his whole theme is very plain and dark (he is an Ash Legion thief after all) but that one's perfect - it has some special effects but overall it's very understated. The fact that it's charr themed is a bonus.

The way I think an idea like this could work is if it only applied to weapons that you can dual wield, like Incinerator, frostfang, bolt, quip etc, having a matching pair of these legendary weapons should allow you to combine them to create a slightly different legendary (mainly aura and footprint) just like we already have with eternity.

I personally created 2 Incinerators back in the days of CoF farm, and have always wanted to be able to combine them to make something a little bit more OTT, maybe one day...