Braham

taconight.3167

His overall association is small enough you prob wont mind. But if you want to know, a mild spoiler about his overall attitude is below. No major story spoilers are described

>! You wont see him again until LS4 where he reverses his attitude. An attitude rather understandable given his age, immaturity and grief. I'd say he has one of the better character developments as he deals with his grief badly, but then redeems himself

i feel the smell of abandoned plot, they did the cool cinematic at end for nothing? all drama about the fire arrow goes to ashes. i really hate when anet make these things. isnt a first time, the HoT related cinematics(and the promotional stuff) sugested a some sort of big "Tyrian civil war" with the Sylvaris, when HoT came out, was just treated as mutineer in The Pact, and basically without impact beyond Verdant Brink, in the other maps, the reference about it was almost dialogues only.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> His complete 180 from the end of HoT after killing Mordremoth still feels horribly forced, but I guess I'm used to the saturday morning cartoon level of writing in the main plot now.

Out of nowhere, he completely forgot, that we helped him avenge his mother by killing Vinetooh Faolain, and if by association the big boss Mordy is blamed too, then we avenged her twice.

The only thing that make me annoyed in all this "Braham's Drama" (except for "Braham's Drama") is how Player Charcter is acting. We are treating him like mother that know nothing about education is treating spoiled child. Imagine it's a war, you are a charr with furious personality, dragons and liches are turning everybody around you in twisted abominations and you must listen to whiny Braham how bad and stupid you are and you can't even shout to him "kitten up and fall in line", no you must be all sweet for him when you are not even guilty and you owe him nothing. Thats Annoying.

> @"taconight.3167" said:

> im at the point in living world season 3 where he has a temper tantrum and ditches the commander to fight by himself.... He seems like he turned into a completely different personality.

>

> I hate asking for spoilers but am i gonna hate this guy going forward?

It's not his fault, just blame the writers. I mean, they're the ones who decided that the Svanir would randomly deduce that the Asuran Pact Commander dressed in Svanir armor was actually Braham, because reasons. And they're the ones who decided Eir should just lay around waiting to be rezzed instead of WPing and coming back to fight the vinetooth.

Anyhow, as of the latest episode, he's mellowed out mostly. And he has a pretty good line at the end too.

> @"Biziut.3594" said:> The only thing that make me annoyed in all this "Braham's Drama" (except for "Braham's Drama") is how Player Charcter is acting. We are treating him like mother that know nothing about education is treating spoiled child. Imagine it's a war, you are a charr with furious personality, dragons and liches are turning everybody around you in twisted abominations and you must listen to whiny Braham how bad and stupid you are and you can't even shout to him "kitten up and fall in line", no you must be all sweet for him when you are not even guilty and you owe him nothing. Thats Annoying.So, uh, what did you think of Living Story Season 3, Episode 6 "One Path ends"?>! You know, the one, where your character joins the Shining Blade, because reasons, and swears a blood oath kinda like geas in 3.5, except you drop dead the moment you tell anything about the Shining Blade's Secrets.>! Even worse, @"Konig Des Todes.2086" and I had a talk about when that spell ends, and it may or may not persist after death.

>! Imagine, for a moment, that the Shining Blade, who are only loyal to the crown of Kryta, plan to assassinate a tribune of the Legions. Likely someone like Fume Brighteye, but still, no sane charr would agree to such terms. Let alone asura, norn, or freedom loving sylvari.>! Even many humans would outright reject joining the Shining Blade. Ascalonians, for instance.

but our character is subjected to it, becuase we have to- for some reason. (but thou must!)

> @"Castigator.3470" said:> > @"Biziut.3594" said:> > The only thing that make me annoyed in all this "Braham's Drama" (except for "Braham's Drama") is how Player Charcter is acting. We are treating him like mother that know nothing about education is treating spoiled child. Imagine it's a war, you are a charr with furious personality, dragons and liches are turning everybody around you in twisted abominations and you must listen to whiny Braham how bad and stupid you are and you can't even shout to him "kitten up and fall in line", no you must be all sweet for him when you are not even guilty and you owe him nothing. Thats Annoying.> > So, uh, what did you think of Living Story Season 3, Episode 6 "One Path ends"?> >! You know, the one, where your character joins the Shining Blade, because reasons, and swears a blood oath kinda like geas in 3.5, except you drop dead the moment you tell anything about the Shining Blade's Secrets.> >! Even worse, @"Konig Des Todes.2086" and I had a talk about when that spell ends, and it may or may not persist after death.

> >! Imagine, for a moment, that the Shining Blade, who are only loyal to the crown of Kryta, plan to assassinate a tribune of the Legions. Likely someone like Fume Brighteye, but still, no sane charr would agree to such terms. Let alone asura, norn, or freedom loving sylvari.> >! Even many humans would outright reject joining the Shining Blade. Ascalonians, for instance.

but our character is subjected to it, becuase we have to- for some reason. (but thou must!)Did i mention that my main is a charr? Than you already know the answer for that question but i shall answer anyways. The moment my charr sweared this oath my jaw dropped down to the floor and thare were only one thought crossing my mind "How could this charr be soooooo kitten stupid". As far as i remember there wasn't any urgent need for us to join the Shining Blade and there is even more reasons to not join them for a charr. Livia and Anise were looking for OUR help not the opposite and tho we saved their queen even more times than Logan did we were still threated like a potentiall spies. I told myself later that I am from Ash Legion so i am certain that my charr crossed fingers while making this oath or something (that really helps a bit). But that's from Lore point of view on the other side (sorry A-Net i really love all of you xD) but writing on this episode was really poor or rash at least.

Well, that makes two. On the plus side, after my jaw had been picked up, washed and reattached, I suddenly felt less bad about Braham's issue, maybe his suffering was unrelated to the commander, at least that's how I headcanoned it.

>! [DARK]

>! What if Braham suffers from tourette syndrome?

>! Maybe he got hit on the head for neural damage while we fought Mordremoth. Now he can't help but occasionally swear at people. I know, this should not be joked about, but sadly, it explains why the commander, or anybody else refrained from lashing out at Braham. He's just another damaged veteran along the lines of Frotlov Shattermind, raging at him wouldn't change a thing and it's kinda our fault for letting what's effectively a norn teenager run around the battlefield without supervision.

>! It's even worse, if everyone except Braham is aware of those ticks, since he cannot remember doing anything wrong after those episodes.

>! [/DARK]

> @"Castigator.3470" said:

> Well, that makes two. On the plus side, after my jaw had been picked up, washed and reattached, I suddenly felt less bad about Braham's issue, maybe his suffering was unrelated to the commander, at least that's how I headcanoned it.

> >! [DARK]

> >! What if Braham suffers from tourette syndrome?

> >! Maybe he got hit on the head for neural damage while we fought Mordremoth. Now he can't help but occasionally swear at people. I know, this should not be joked about, but sadly, it explains why the commander, or anybody else refrained from lashing out at Braham. He's just another damaged veteran along the lines of Frotlov Shattermind, raging at him wouldn't change a thing and it's kinda our fault for letting what's effectively a norn teenager run around the battlefield without supervision.

> >! It's even worse, if everyone except Braham is aware of those ticks, since he cannot remember doing anything wrong after those episodes.

> >! [/DARK]

Lol! That may be funny but It's actually best and most reliable explanation of his behavior I ever heard. But BTW how long he actually know Eir. She's his mother of course but she left him and went for the big dragon adventure to make her legend. He was mad at her and suddenly after killing some sons of svanirs together boom he loves her again. I totally understand that they wanted regrown their bond but how many in game time passed from their Svanir Totem hunt to her death in HoT... few months? or max a year? And he really have a time to feel love so strong to her that he griefed her loss that much to start acting like he have tourette syndrome? Then again it's a mother after all so maybe I am wrong. Still there is no need for this little kitten to be so rude for our boss a s s kitten commander >:D p.s. not releted to the topic but we shared lots of comments today Castigator on two topics and i am sure you gonna answer. Anyways I am goint to sleep (morning shift in job tommorow) so don't be surprsed if i won't answer you today. Also thanks for good conwersation.^^

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> i feel the smell of abandoned plot, they did the cool cinematic at end for nothing? all drama about the fire arrow goes to ashes. i really hate when anet make these things. isnt a first time, the HoT related cinematics(and the promotional stuff) sugested a some sort of big "Tyrian civil war" with the Sylvaris, when HoT came out, was just treated as mutineer in The Pact, and basically without impact beyond Verdant Brink, in the other maps, the reference about it was almost dialogues only.

I think that was literally just their way of writing Braham and Rox out of the plot for the time being, just as they wrote Marjory out of the plot for PoF, and Rytlock out of the plot for most of S3, and now Marjory and Kasmeer were written out of the plot of S4 (so far). They said with PoF they wanted to focus on fewer main characters to develop them better, which is why it was only Kasmeer, Rytlock, and Canach in PoF (with a side of Taimi). I don't think it was an abandoned plot but more of "okay how can we make it so the Commander isn't hanging out with these characters?"

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > His complete 180 from the end of HoT after killing Mordremoth still feels horribly forced, but I guess I'm used to the saturday morning cartoon level of writing in the main plot now.

>

> Out of nowhere, he completely forgot, that we helped him avenge his mother by killing Vinetooh Faolain, and if by association the big boss Mordy is blamed too, then we avenged her twice.

Not just that, but the end dialogue after killing Mordremoth:

Braham: Rest? I'm not resting until all the Elder Dragons are dead. Eir helped you kill Zhaitan. It's up to me to help you take down the rest. I see that now, and I'm ready.

Commander: Eir would be proud of you. But, we have to rest before charging back in.

Braham: We have a good guild. There's nothing we can't do if we put our minds to it. I suppose we've earned a little break, but hopefully not too long.

It just feels downright strange that he would be all angsty over his mother's death when he wasn't after killing Mordremoth. And more strange that he's so hostile to the Commander without any reason - even before the Commander mentioned the whole "I disguised myself and stole from the Svanir and they thought you did it" Braham was throwing hostile tones at the PC. And how the PC was so meek towards him felt forced as well.

It was just full out obvious that they were creating the schism because "lulz drama" and not because it was a natural progression of things. They could have made it such, (sparking the schism from norn expectations and pressure, etc.), but they didn't bother putting any effort into it _at all._

It just felt horribly forced. Just like Rytlock abandoned Destiny's Edge for Dragon's Watch.

> It just felt horribly forced. Just like Rytlock abandoned Destiny's Edge for Dragon's Watch.

Which I feel like he still needs to pay for, even if that payment is nothing more than Zojja coming back and verbally tearing him a new one (seeing as the Commander not only won't but also went along with Rytlock).

> @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > It just felt horribly forced. Just like Rytlock abandoned Destiny's Edge for Dragon's Watch.

>

> Which I feel like he still needs to pay for, even if that payment is nothing more than Zojja coming back and verbally tearing him a new one (seeing as the Commander not only won't but also went along with Rytlock).

Honestly, when they divided Braham and Rox from the team, I was **_really_** hoping that Zojja would return and join him in disgust for the new guild, and we'd have a "Destiny's Edge versus Dragon's Watch" situation, where they're still trying to defeat the dragons and we are forced to fight them to prevent world destruction. Instead we got crybaby Balthaddon for that role.

Charr and norn would both take up the name of old groups to honor that group. Like we see with [Kalla's Killers](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scorch_Warband). Even human and asura tend to do so. It would have made sense if Canach (or even Caithe tbh) made the suggestion, though, but the rest? Not so much.

> It just felt horribly forced. Just like Rytlock abandoned Destiny's Edge for Dragon's Watch.

In fairness, he can join 3 more guilds before he has to start dropping them. And Destiny's Edge at this point is Rytlock's personal guild anyway. Nice for the vault space, I'm sure, but everyone else is either dead, retired, or effectively kicked out for loot stealing.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > It just felt horribly forced. Just like Rytlock abandoned Destiny's Edge for Dragon's Watch.

>

> In fairness, he can join 3 more guilds before he has to start dropping them. And Destiny's Edge at this point is Rytlock's personal guild anyway. Nice for the vault space, I'm sure, but everyone else is either dead, retired, or effectively kicked out for loot stealing.

I guess so. I mean, it's not like Destiny's Edge is very active these days. And if Rytlock were to fill the guild with trusted companions, his guild would no longer resemble the original. He could pull the Stone warband into the spotlight, but he likely won't given they are the reason he became a member of DE in the fist place.

More bankspace for him, I guess.

As for Braham, I'll stick with my own reasoning behind it.

> > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > i feel the smell of abandoned plot, they did the cool cinematic at end for nothing? all drama about the fire arrow goes to ashes. i really hate when anet make these things. isnt a first time, the HoT related cinematics(and the promotional stuff) sugested a some sort of big "Tyrian civil war" with the Sylvaris, when HoT came out, was just treated as mutineer in The Pact, and basically without impact beyond Verdant Brink, in the other maps, the reference about it was almost dialogues only.

>

> I think that was literally just their way of writing Braham and Rox out of the plot for the time being, just as they wrote Marjory out of the plot for PoF, and Rytlock out of the plot for most of S3, and now Marjory and Kasmeer were written out of the plot of S4 (so far). They said with PoF they wanted to focus on fewer main characters to develop them better, which is why it was only Kasmeer, Rytlock, and Canach in PoF (with a side of Taimi). I don't think it was an abandoned plot but more of "okay how can we make it so the Commander isn't hanging out with these characters?"

>

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > His complete 180 from the end of HoT after killing Mordremoth still feels horribly forced, but I guess I'm used to the saturday morning cartoon level of writing in the main plot now.

> >

> > Out of nowhere, he completely forgot, that we helped him avenge his mother by killing Vinetooh Faolain, and if by association the big boss Mordy is blamed too, then we avenged her twice.

>

> Not just that, but the end dialogue after killing Mordremoth:

>

> Braham: Rest? I'm not resting until all the Elder Dragons are dead. Eir helped you kill Zhaitan. It's up to me to help you take down the rest. I see that now, and I'm ready.

> Commander: Eir would be proud of you. But, we have to rest before charging back in.

> Braham: We have a good guild. There's nothing we can't do if we put our minds to it. I suppose we've earned a little break, but hopefully not too long.

>

> It just feels downright strange that he would be all angsty over his mother's death when he wasn't after killing Mordremoth. And more strange that he's so hostile to the Commander without any reason - even before the Commander mentioned the whole "I disguised myself and stole from the Svanir and they thought you did it" Braham was throwing hostile tones at the PC. And how the PC was so meek towards him felt forced as well.

>

> It was just full out obvious that they were creating the schism because "lulz drama" and not because it was a natural progression of things. They could have made it such, (sparking the schism from norn expectations and pressure, etc.), but they didn't bother putting any effort into it _at all._

>

> > i feel the smell of abandoned plot, they did the cool cinematic at end for nothing? all drama about the fire arrow goes to ashes. i really hate when anet make these things. isnt a first time, the HoT related cinematics(and the promotional stuff) sugested a some sort of big "Tyrian civil war" with the Sylvaris, when HoT came out, was just treated as mutineer in The Pact, and basically without impact beyond Verdant Brink, in the other maps, the reference about it was almost dialogues only.

>

> I think that was literally just their way of writing Braham and Rox out of the plot for the time being, just as they wrote Marjory out of the plot for PoF, and Rytlock out of the plot for most of S3, and now Marjory and Kasmeer were written out of the plot of S4 (so far). They said with PoF they wanted to focus on fewer main characters to develop them better, which is why it was only Kasmeer, Rytlock, and Canach in PoF (with a side of Taimi). I don't think it was an abandoned plot but more of "okay how can we make it so the Commander isn't hanging out with these characters?"

>

> > > His complete 180 from the end of HoT after killing Mordremoth still feels horribly forced, but I guess I'm used to the saturday morning cartoon level of writing in the main plot now.

> >

> > Out of nowhere, he completely forgot, that we helped him avenge his mother by killing Vinetooh Faolain, and if by association the big boss Mordy is blamed too, then we avenged her twice.

>

>

> Braham: Rest? I'm not resting until all the Elder Dragons are dead. Eir helped you kill Zhaitan. It's up to me to help you take down the rest. I see that now, and I'm ready.

> Commander: Eir would be proud of you. But, we have to rest before charging back in.

> Braham: We have a good guild. There's nothing we can't do if we put our minds to it. I suppose we've earned a little break, but hopefully not too long.

>

> It just feels downright strange that he would be all angsty over his mother's death when he wasn't after killing Mordremoth. And more strange that he's so hostile to the Commander without any reason - even before the Commander mentioned the whole "I disguised myself and stole from the Svanir and they thought you did it" Braham was throwing hostile tones at the PC. And how the PC was so meek towards him felt forced as well.

>

> It was just full out obvious that they were creating the schism because "lulz drama" and not because it was a natural progression of things. They could have made it such, (sparking the schism from norn expectations and pressure, etc.), but they didn't bother putting any effort into it _at all._

>

I agree with a lot, hell actually I agree with ALL of these sentiments. I feel like Path of Fire has overall been much higher in story quality then HoT and the core game, but it still limps along in part because of the decisions made beforehand. I feel like even if the writing improves significantly, the narrative mistakes that have come before are going to cast a very long shadow.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> And Destiny's Edge at this point is Rytlock's personal guild anyway.

Because Logan and Caithe are dead, amirite.

> @"Castigator.3470" said:

> I guess so. I mean, it's not like Destiny's Edge is very active these days. And if Rytlock were to fill the guild with trusted companions, his guild would no longer resemble the original.

I mean, it's no less "active" than it was during Season 1. And with Caithe, Rytlock, Logan, and Zojja it'd still be most of the originals even if the PC, Braham, Rox, Marjory, Kasmeer, Taimi, and Canach eventually joined. Especially since [the Pale Tree claimed the PC was already part of Destiny's Edge](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rallying_Call) anyways. So it'd be 5 of 7 "original" (pre-S1) members with 6 added on.

But the point would be that it's about "honoring the fallen", as Braham said. He actually had a point with that. Unlike Rytlock who's argument was "[Eir] wouldn't want us to get caught up in her death like she did with Snaff's. Regret gets you nowhere. And Tyria would probably sleep more soundly with the dragon slayer at the helm of a new guild!" - tbh, Tyria would 'rest easy' with the dragonslayer as the new leader of Destiny's Edge too. And given norn tradition, Eir would more likely want Destiny's Edge to remain, nor would keeping Destiny's Edge let the others be "caught up in her death".

Ironically, by suggesting a new guild, Rytlock ended up causing what he suggested to avoid. But had he just said "you know, your new group should become official members of Destiny's Edge", then there would have been no conflict with Braham, no schism caused over the death of Eir or regrets of the past.

>

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

I wonder if Braham was going through the stages of grief. I don’t know if the Norn go through the same stages or not. It’s possible that after Mordremoth’s death Braham was going through the first stage of grief, denial. He seemed awfully chipper following his mother’s death. Perhaps he could as denying to himself that his mother was gone. He could maybe have put it on the back burner.

Then the next stage, anger, which I’m sure we all remember from a Crack in the Ice. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Braham is stuck in this stage and possibly be a bit depressed that Jormag came off the table after he surrounded it with “Destiny’s Edge” and watched the dragon go back under the ice. Then having the norn pressure him into still killing the dragon.

I’m not sure if he is in the bargaining stages during season 4 or not or if he finally reached acceptance, from what we hear there is still more to come with Braham.

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > And Destiny's Edge at this point is Rytlock's personal guild anyway.

>

> Because Logan and Caithe are dead, amirite.

Well, the point kind of stands though. They may not be dead but they aren't in 'fight as a team' shape. Caithe is wandering around following her personal wyld hunts as they pop into her head, and her current still is protect Aurene I assume, but we haven't seen her in ages. Logan is holed up in an office with a bum leg pushing papers for the pact. Zojja must be in rough shape as all we hear is "she is still recovering". At the very least, Destiny's Edge would need a spring training camp before they would be ready for prime time again. Or we can just go with this other, more active and effective group.