Please remove attunement cooldowns when out of combat

ROMANG.1903

The attunements are basically the ele's weapon swap. Why do we still have our full cooldown even when we're out of combat, while others classes are free to change at will?

I mean it's not terrible, but it's annoying when playing weaver for example, to have to wait 8 seconds (12 if you wait for the last cooldown to go off so you can begin your rotation right away when starting the fight) to get the correct combination before engaging.

For example, I'm not using the same rotation at all depending on wether I'm fighting a single ennemy, or a pack of mobs. And usually, by the time I get ready for my pack rotation, the players around me already finished most of them.

And even with base ele, it's weird that our attunement is unavalaible for 10 full seconds, even if we didn't gain any combat efficiency with it... I would receive the argument of abusing the faster Might stacking combos rotations, but really it wouldn't change that mutch compared to what we're already capable of, and yet again, others classes can do that freely. Why should we have it different?

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Why would you ever switch out of Air/Fire Fire/Air on Weaver is the better question :P

Flame Uprising => Earh Attunement => Earthen Vortex => Fire Attunement+Lava Skin => Flame Uprising => Earthquake => Churning Earth => Fire Attunement during Churning Earth's channel time to gain Elements of Rage = Big ass AOE damage + Group might stack

There is a rotation through Earth Attunement with the staff gameplay as well.

But that isn't the question...

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Why would you ever switch out of Air/Fire Fire/Air on Weaver is the better question :P

Because not actually using your skills is a L2P issue. Why would you always open in fire / air or air/ fire on weaver?

That said; weaver is about managing your rotation. That's the fun about weaver. Attunements should ALWAYS have a cooldown; even when OOC. I wouldn't even be suprised if "no cd out of combat" would lead to "fun" rotations and strats where you precast and quickly go double fire or some complete different attunement before damage procs go down and you get into combat.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> And how do we buff a bit with swiftness and protection before engaging ?

You don't. Do you need it? Others classes don't.

Just because one trait line makes it very slightly useful means that all eles should be forced to wait so long?

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > And how do we buff a bit with swiftness and protection before engaging ?

>

> You don't. Do you need it? Others classes don't.

> Just because one trait line makes it very slightly useful means that all eles should be forced to wait so long?

I prefer perma swiftness in WvW tbh. Miss me with signets or runes for that matter...

Atunement swap while gliding would be great though.

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > Because most of arcane traits work ooc.

> > Enjoy your 25mights, 20min protection and regen before engaging fight if there is no cast

>

> Then make them not work OOC... Others classes don't have their weapon swap procs OOC.

This would be a nerf imo and would be greatly unappreciated. Attunements having a cooldown while out of combat is a minor issue at best. Losing swiftness from arcane swaps would be a much greater QoL loss.

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > And how do we buff a bit with swiftness and protection before engaging ?

>

> You don't. Do you need it? Others classes don't.

> Just because one trait line makes it very slightly useful means that all eles should be forced to wait so long?

You would be forcing us who WvW roam on weaver with arcane traitline to either run air traitline or rune of the pack because you cannot wait 8-12 seconds before starting a fight which you can mostly control the start if by not engaging until ready.

If anything that would limit the build diversity, moving at basespeed is in most cases not an option in roaming, too slow, too clunky.

> @"LaGranse.8652" said:

> > @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > > @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > > And how do we buff a bit with swiftness and protection before engaging ?

> >

> > You don't. Do you need it? Others classes don't.

> > Just because one trait line makes it very slightly useful means that all eles should be forced to wait so long?

>

> You would be forcing us who WvW roam on weaver with arcane traitline to either run air traitline or rune of the pack because you cannot wait 8-12 seconds before starting a fight which you can mostly control the start if by not engaging until ready.

> If anything that would limit the build diversity, moving at basespeed is in most cases not an option in roaming, too slow, too clunky.

I'd prefer that, than having these skills being useless. Because currently they are, guess why, because you can get perma swiftness anyway. It's just one ability slot...

And excuse me, but in open world situations, I don't have time to wait 8-10 seconds, and even if I had it, it would still be terribly annoying. Less annoying than having to actually pick movement speed traits to get more movement speed.

> @"Glacial.9516" said:

> > @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > > Because most of arcane traits work ooc.

> > > Enjoy your 25mights, 20min protection and regen before engaging fight if there is no cast

> >

> > Then make them not work OOC... Others classes don't have their weapon swap procs OOC.

> This would be a nerf imo and would be greatly unappreciated. Attunements having a cooldown while out of combat is a minor issue at best. Losing swiftness from arcane swaps would be a much greater QoL loss.

Yes, it would be a nerf. And the elementalist is already in a bad spot. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. I don't think the power of the elementalist should lie in the ability to get perma swiftness... It should be in the combat capabilities.

While buffing the rest of his kit, it's perfectly possible to "nerf" this aspect, even if in my point of view it would actually be a buff, because I would be able to fight mutch earlyer.

All that being said, it's not the first time ANet makes separate versions of a skills in different game modes. If the perma swiftness is that mutch of a loss in WvW and PvP, it is perfectly possible to make the change only in PvE.

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > Others classes don't prebuff ?

>

> Others classes don't have their weapon swap procs when they are not in combat

We don't have weapon swap. Don't compare attunement CD with it. It is not the same.

Same goes for engi traits with kits. They work out of combat so the engi can keep swiftness.

The fact that you don't care about swiftness or buffs OOC does not mean they are not absolutely needed for the class on other environments that you might not be familiar with.

> @"lLobo.7960" said:

> > @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > > Others classes don't prebuff ?

> >

> > Others classes don't have their weapon swap procs when they are not in combat

>

> We don't have weapon swap. Don't compare attunement CD with it. It is not the same.

> Same goes for engi traits with kits. They work out of combat so the engi can keep swiftness.

>

> The fact that you don't care about swiftness or buffs OOC does not mean they are not absolutely needed for the class on other environments that you might not be familiar with.

We already talked about this. Doing this is only useful in WvW, and _maybe_ in PvP. It's possible to make the change in PvE only.

Keeping the way it is now is easier than changing it. There are traits and abilities that key off of how it works now, as others have pointed out. So the question is, why should others have to change the way they play because you find something annoying? A change like this would have to be worthwhile in more than PvE to justify changing how the Arcane traitline works.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> Keeping the way it is now is easier than changing it. There are traits and abilities that key off of how it works now, as others have pointed out. So the question is, why should others have to change the way they play because you find something annoying? A change like this would have to be worthwhile in more than PvE to justify changing how the Arcane traitline works.

We're not changing anything with how the Arcane traitline works. It's just that you'll have to be in combat.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> It's already bad enough that dual attunement doesn't trigger traits and sigils, now you want them not to trigger when out of combat too?

And why should it trigger out of combat? If it never worked that way and I suggested that it does, would you agree? I'm really not sure of that

> @"ROMANG.1903" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > Keeping the way it is now is easier than changing it. There are traits and abilities that key off of how it works now, as others have pointed out. So the question is, why should others have to change the way they play because you find something annoying? A change like this would have to be worthwhile in more than PvE to justify changing how the Arcane traitline works.

>

> We're not changing anything with how the Arcane traitline works. It's just that you'll have to be in combat.

So you're saying no more elem roaming in pvp wvw, that's it ? I don't get why it bother you there is 4s or less CD on all attunements in weaver, or 10s on the last attunement in core.

Okai you have to wait 8sec for a #4 or # 5 with weaver if we put you in fight while you are in a /wrong attunement.

So your deal is to nerf all arcane's lane to reach 4sec CD instead of 8sec ? But what the interest to swap Attunement out of combat if traits don't trigger? Just run the attunement you want to engage with ? Akward.

edit : my bad it doesn't change anything for weaver ; 4s to double attunenement with your nerf or not. It's always 4sec or less.

So I don't know where you've seen 10 or 12sec with weaver.