Suggestion for Future mounts that will come.

Lets talk about the what we could do with acquiring new mounts.

We have gotten the Raptor, Springer, Skimmer, Jackel, griffon, and beetle. And so far the collection is a good way to acquire the mounts.

I would like to add an opinion with the collections to be added for a journey people will like. This is a feature similar to getting the ascended caladbolg from Knight of thorns.

The story in getting the caladbolg to be honest, I thought was a fun thing to do. To do a collection, then in between acquiring some things, we would go into an instance and fight a mob, and have a mini story about the weapon. So for mounts that will be added in the future, I think it would be a great thing to also add a mini story. Yes the beetle did have a story with the last episode with the asura. But I thought if they added a mini story with acquiring the collection pieces. For example when we had to kill the beetle veteran. That could've been a chance to be added. Not saying arenanet should've altered the vet to make a story, but getting some pieces in the collection could've been more fun with more story into it.

So all I am asking within the future when adding mounts is, story involving the collection pieces we need to get. Not all pieces, but some pieces, it would be pretty cool to get with story. I was a little sad that it was a collection but it truly wasn't bad to do. However I think added mini story instances with the collection would make it complete.

**If** we get new mounts. It seems there’s very little they can have a new mount do without stepping over other mounts. There’s underwater but we lack underwater content and there are the infusions they recently added.

I’m not against some story elements being added to collections.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> **If** we get new mounts. It seems there’s very little they can have a new mount do without stepping over other mounts. There’s underwater but we lack underwater content and there are the infusions they recently added.

>

> I’m not against some story elements being added to collections.

Yes very little mounts will be added. However if there is a chance a mount will be added besides underwater, I would love a story instance with it during the collections.

Also, there could be mount vehicles added if Arenanet is considering more. And that could lead to a lot more mount varieties. For example, using the airship, the tank you use from the main story instance. Etc. So if they are considering them, we could have a lot coming.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> **If** we get new mounts. It seems there’s very little they can have a new mount do without stepping over other mounts. There’s underwater but we lack underwater content and there are the infusions they recently added.

>

> I’m not against some story elements being added to collections.

If they're gonna make an underwater mount they'd better just adapt the Skimmer. There's nothing in the lore that would justify Skimmers not being able to dive, so if an underwater mount is to be added, I don't think they should bother making a new one...

> @"starhunter.6015" said:

> Underwater mount would be nice we need more content UW for them as is, the spider with wall scaling would of been nice.

> But as for existing mounts new skins always. I still want a tiger for Jackal, some steam creature mounts .

>

Thiiiiiis, and a salamander, komodo or a snake for something under the ground, toxic air, extreme heat, anything, I don't know.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

I thought that after PoF launched. Then they added the roller beetle :heart:

You're probably right. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they surprise with another interesting twist on mounts. (Burrow underground? Creates own gliding updrafts? Has limited Zephyrite leap/dash/pull?)

> @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > If they do the spider mount, I'm going to need a mech-skin immediately. The spider animations really trigger my arachnophobia.

>

> They could make it a gecko instead.

They could make anything they want. And that’s a good thing. We wouldn’t know it until a new trailer was released.

I would truly like a underwater mount. An air ship. A tank.

And mounts that could have multiple people on. Like a mammoth, or elephant. Or a boat or chariot.

Those would truly be amazing.

I'd love a giant spider. Could work the the ice spiders in that guild race-use it to get over gaps/up to areas the springer couldn't get to (too far away) or the like. I'd like to see the junuundu wurm return as well, but I don't really see what functions they can bring to the table that can't be done already. Even the spider idea of mine is a stretch. I'd expect more mounts that are 'just' reskins; a spider could be based off a jumping spider and functionally be the raptor, or springer.

> @"Loki.4871" said:

> I'd love a giant spider. Could work the the ice spiders in that guild race-use it to get over gaps/up to areas the springer couldn't get to (too far away) or the like. I'd like to see the junuundu wurm return as well, but I don't really see what functions they can bring to the table that can't be done already. Even the spider idea of mine is a stretch. I'd expect more mounts that are 'just' reskins; a spider could be based off a jumping spider and functionally be the raptor, or springer.

If done right. The spider could be one of those spiders that dig underground instead of jumping.

So like it could be a mount that will dig and then take you to the nearest waypoint or something like that.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > you know that glider like the green goblin glider, what about a mount like that.

>

> I don't think they'd go that route since it would practically be "real flying" and they decided against that with the griffon. Just my guess, tho

how is that real flying when all you do is hover over the ground....

So far, we don't have one that climbs up cliffs (spider) or go on hazardous terrain like lava & acid/poison that the skimmer takes damage on (maybe salamander or basilisk?) nor do we have underwater (kraitkin?). And should we reach "closer to the stars", we would need a celestial mount (Kuunavaang or Aurene) to fight a cosmic dragon right?

I think the underwater mount is pretty safe to say. I don't believe it will be the way we expect it. I'm thinking more of a mount that will allow us to use currents underwater.

The Spider mount would also be amazing, though it doesn't have to be a spider but something else, since arachnophobia was one of the reasons it was scrapped. Make it climb only special walls, so breaking out of maps or immersion breaking skips aren't possible. And/Or tie that ability to the endurance bar. Would love that. You could also make it possible to walk on the ceiling or something, which opens a whole bunch of possibilities!