[SUGGESTION] Improve reward system in WvW

Evil.1580

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> Ahahahahahahahahahahah

> Yes please anet, make 3 happen! I want to earn gold with 49 more fellas in my squad for doing nothing <3

Even better, you and 49 more squadies can sit around and siege cap a map for more gold! Do this on every map! Then sit back and enjoy the rage in teamchat for the siege capping and queuing maps while you get gold every tick.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > Ahahahahahahahahahahah

> > Yes please anet, make 3 happen! I want to earn gold with 49 more fellas in my squad for doing nothing <3

>

> Lawl sounds a reasonable request for Anet, i kinda feel it is in their moto of how game should work.

>

> U forgot to tell how cute quagans are and u love the pve, that would make u more creditable player.

He also forgot to check the comments. A successful person and squad leader obviously!

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > For me its not a problem to make exotic stuff on wvw, the problem is with ascended one. To make one piece (~70g)u need 3-4 days of T4 fotms. To make piece of the same in wvw u need 2, 5 months. That the first thing that should get change.

> > > > > > > > > > But about just Gold I have 2 solutions, im curious about your thoughts :

> > > > > > > > > > Give rewards for all the kills: on players, guards, sentries, dolyaks and other active events like taking camps Tower keeps etc.

> > > > > > > > > > Another one would Just count all your participation at the end of skirmish/matchup and give money or another rewards depending on all the stuff u did in week.

> > > > > > > > > > I think both systems encourage players to active gameplay

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That is weird, because I can get 2 ascended pieces with FULLY selectable stats per week (helm-boots-gloves-shoulders), or 1 chest/1 leggings. Why does it take you 3-4 months? Huge inaccuracy right there. Moreover, you get more rewards the more you play, from reward tracks (5-5.5 hours per track, plus the bonus stuff you get from repeating the diamond chest). Also, why do we need to compare WvW with PvE, reward-wise? Not ALL pve yields the money Istan does, or silverwastes. WvW is good in rewards right now. You have the CERTAIN chance of getting ascended equipment, obsidian weapons, mistforged weapons.

> > > > > > > > > We also get 6 coins/week, if we finish diamond chest. PER WEEK. Given that we get 20 coins PER MONTH for logging in, that would make us another 24 coins (4 weeks). An increase above 100%.

> > > > > > > > > A lot of us have been playing the mode before any of this was introduced, because it was fun. Rewards are decent in wvw right now. Please, keep the pve mentality in pve.

> > > > > > > > > Have fun!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Im rank 250 and i looted 2 ASC chests by now, yea im happy i got em but its Just pure luck. 70 %of matchup i get to Diamond so i do some of that. U get 3 Grand aster shards per week so this is how i did my calculations

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You get 365 tickets/week. Hence 2 armor pieces/week. Youre new to wvw, so please dont take that pve mentality here. Thanks, good day.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seems like u play for so long, u already forgot u need 2000 lvl to buy armor for tickets. If ill keep doing Daily fractals and weekly raids i will have no need for wvw armor, thats the next problem with wvw rewarding.

> > > > > > And why do i play pve? Cuz i need it to get gear for wvw.

> > > > > > I Just hope ur passive elitism isnt meant for any1 that plays to much wvw.

> > > > >

> > > > > Rank 2000 is only for the special skin legendary.

> > > > >

> > > > > Legendary armor and it's function is available much sooner.

> > > > >

> > > > > So.., no you don't need to PvE to play WvW. Not anymore.

> > > >

> > > > But i need grandmaster shards

> > >

> > > Ummm... they are given in the 2-4th tier skirmish chests.... 3 shards a week. You will have enough for a set only from wvw.

> > >

> > > Next?

> >

> > 3 shards per week. I need 10 for 1 full mark, and than i need 3 or 4 marks for piece of armor depending on a part.

> > For full set i need 20 marks. Plz do the effort and count by your self how much time will it take to get full set -. -

>

> You are assuming I haven't done the math. I quite enjoy doing WvW.

>

> You noted that you HAD to do PvE. I simply pointed out that you are wrong.

>

> You are CHOOSING to do PvE to get your shiny faster.

Yea, about 90% faster. U rly didnt do the math, or ur troll

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > For me its not a problem to make exotic stuff on wvw, the problem is with ascended one. To make one piece (~70g)u need 3-4 days of T4 fotms. To make piece of the same in wvw u need 2, 5 months. That the first thing that should get change.

> > > > > > > > > > > But about just Gold I have 2 solutions, im curious about your thoughts :

> > > > > > > > > > > Give rewards for all the kills: on players, guards, sentries, dolyaks and other active events like taking camps Tower keeps etc.

> > > > > > > > > > > Another one would Just count all your participation at the end of skirmish/matchup and give money or another rewards depending on all the stuff u did in week.

> > > > > > > > > > > I think both systems encourage players to active gameplay

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That is weird, because I can get 2 ascended pieces with FULLY selectable stats per week (helm-boots-gloves-shoulders), or 1 chest/1 leggings. Why does it take you 3-4 months? Huge inaccuracy right there. Moreover, you get more rewards the more you play, from reward tracks (5-5.5 hours per track, plus the bonus stuff you get from repeating the diamond chest). Also, why do we need to compare WvW with PvE, reward-wise? Not ALL pve yields the money Istan does, or silverwastes. WvW is good in rewards right now. You have the CERTAIN chance of getting ascended equipment, obsidian weapons, mistforged weapons.

> > > > > > > > > > We also get 6 coins/week, if we finish diamond chest. PER WEEK. Given that we get 20 coins PER MONTH for logging in, that would make us another 24 coins (4 weeks). An increase above 100%.

> > > > > > > > > > A lot of us have been playing the mode before any of this was introduced, because it was fun. Rewards are decent in wvw right now. Please, keep the pve mentality in pve.

> > > > > > > > > > Have fun!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Im rank 250 and i looted 2 ASC chests by now, yea im happy i got em but its Just pure luck. 70 %of matchup i get to Diamond so i do some of that. U get 3 Grand aster shards per week so this is how i did my calculations

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You get 365 tickets/week. Hence 2 armor pieces/week. Youre new to wvw, so please dont take that pve mentality here. Thanks, good day.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Seems like u play for so long, u already forgot u need 2000 lvl to buy armor for tickets. If ill keep doing Daily fractals and weekly raids i will have no need for wvw armor, thats the next problem with wvw rewarding.

> > > > > > > And why do i play pve? Cuz i need it to get gear for wvw.

> > > > > > > I Just hope ur passive elitism isnt meant for any1 that plays to much wvw.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rank 2000 is only for the special skin legendary.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Legendary armor and it's function is available much sooner.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So.., no you don't need to PvE to play WvW. Not anymore.

> > > > >

> > > > > But i need grandmaster shards

> > > >

> > > > Ummm... they are given in the 2-4th tier skirmish chests.... 3 shards a week. You will have enough for a set only from wvw.

> > > >

> > > > Next?

> > >

> > > 3 shards per week. I need 10 for 1 full mark, and than i need 3 or 4 marks for piece of armor depending on a part.

> > > For full set i need 20 marks. Plz do the effort and count by your self how much time will it take to get full set -. -

> >

> > You are assuming I haven't done the math. I quite enjoy doing WvW.

> >

> > You noted that you HAD to do PvE. I simply pointed out that you are wrong.

> >

> > You are CHOOSING to do PvE to get your shiny faster.

>

> Yea, about 90% faster. U rly didnt do the math, or ur troll

You stated you HAD to do PvE. You don't. It is that simple. It's facts. Not trolling.

(It's approximately 66 weeks BTW. Math isn't hard. )

No one has said WvW is faster. Never once in any of my posts. Please stay to the facts and please don't call others names.

You can be factually incorrect, and you were. I corrected it.

If you would like to correct my facts, please do.

If fact: your assessment on the WvW level needed to get legendary was incorrect as well.

You come into a mode, criticize it's rewards, and don't truly have the facts correct. It's just tiresome.

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > For me its not a problem to make exotic stuff on wvw, the problem is with ascended one. To make one piece (~70g)u need 3-4 days of T4 fotms. To make piece of the same in wvw u need 2, 5 months. That the first thing that should get change.

> > > > > > > > > But about just Gold I have 2 solutions, im curious about your thoughts :

> > > > > > > > > Give rewards for all the kills: on players, guards, sentries, dolyaks and other active events like taking camps Tower keeps etc.

> > > > > > > > > Another one would Just count all your participation at the end of skirmish/matchup and give money or another rewards depending on all the stuff u did in week.

> > > > > > > > > I think both systems encourage players to active gameplay

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That is weird, because I can get 2 ascended pieces with FULLY selectable stats per week (helm-boots-gloves-shoulders), or 1 chest/1 leggings. Why does it take you 3-4 months? Huge inaccuracy right there. Moreover, you get more rewards the more you play, from reward tracks (5-5.5 hours per track, plus the bonus stuff you get from repeating the diamond chest). Also, why do we need to compare WvW with PvE, reward-wise? Not ALL pve yields the money Istan does, or silverwastes. WvW is good in rewards right now. You have the CERTAIN chance of getting ascended equipment, obsidian weapons, mistforged weapons.

> > > > > > > > We also get 6 coins/week, if we finish diamond chest. PER WEEK. Given that we get 20 coins PER MONTH for logging in, that would make us another 24 coins (4 weeks). An increase above 100%.

> > > > > > > > A lot of us have been playing the mode before any of this was introduced, because it was fun. Rewards are decent in wvw right now. Please, keep the pve mentality in pve.

> > > > > > > > Have fun!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Im rank 250 and i looted 2 ASC chests by now, yea im happy i got em but its Just pure luck. 70 %of matchup i get to Diamond so i do some of that. U get 3 Grand aster shards per week so this is how i did my calculations

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You get 365 tickets/week. Hence 2 armor pieces/week. Youre new to wvw, so please dont take that pve mentality here. Thanks, good day.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seems like u play for so long, u already forgot u need 2000 lvl to buy armor for tickets. If ill keep doing Daily fractals and weekly raids i will have no need for wvw armor, thats the next problem with wvw rewarding.

> > > > > And why do i play pve? Cuz i need it to get gear for wvw.

> > > > > I Just hope ur passive elitism isnt meant for any1 that plays to much wvw.

> > > >

> > > > Rank 2000 is only for the special skin legendary.

> > > >

> > > > Legendary armor and it's function is available much sooner.

> > > >

> > > > So.., no you don't need to PvE to play WvW. Not anymore.

> > >

> > > But i need grandmaster shards

> >

> > Ummm... they are given in the 2-4th tier skirmish chests.... 3 shards a week. You will have enough for a set only from wvw.

> >

> > Next?

>

> 3 shards per week. I need 10 for 1 full mark, and than i need 3 or 4 marks for piece of armor depending on a part.

> For full set i need 20 marks. Plz do the effort and count by your self how much time will it take to get full set -. -

You do know you can craft the marks right? The shards were an extra bonus they gave us when we requested it

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> @Loosmaster.8263 not every player does the tedious craftiness in this game :pensive:

>

> Still i think the grand-master acquisition in wvw is not that bad at all, even being time gated!

>

> Maybe the lvl of requirement should drop to 1.5k or even 1k :\

Was just mentioning there usually is an alternate method of getting them. To choose only one way then complain about it is disingenuous...oooo, look, I finally found a use for that word...

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> @Loosmaster.8263 not every player does the tedious craftiness in this game :pensive:

>

> Still i think the grand-master acquisition in wvw is not that bad at all, even being time gated!

>

> Maybe the lvl of requirement should drop to 1.5k or even 1k :\

The level req is only for the mistforged. The triumphant legendarybdoesnt have that rank req.

More shiny means more investment.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Why do people say it takes weeks to get wvw armor and then include memories of battle in the cost when that is also free if you play wvw?

>

> If you want to pay the gold craft it, if you want to pay the time then wvw it. It's very simple.

There will always be people with the "NOW" factor. Time gating apparently takes too long and crafting costs too much and it has time gated items unless you buy the finished product off the TP which cost even more gold.

I could use a particular word for it but I got infracted for using it, lol

Can we get the discussion back on track please? Here is my contribution to that:

- It does not help to take a look at the maximum possible reward you get at the end of the week, because even the average WvW focused player won't get that. We should take a look at a time period instead, like 2 hours every day and compare that to e.g. PvE activities.

- the OP wants to have coin rewards (= gold) for almost all activities (like PvP matches do). To keep it simple, what we should argue about is whether adding a higher coin reward to existing dynamic events will either be good or bad for how game mechanics work (e.g. the problem of wasting supply in depots for repairs to gain coin or ticks).

- WvW rewards are heavily dependent on game time (prime times) and server (population and server standing) and reward structures for individual players should be as disconnected as possible from these variables.

- Rewards should try to keep the structure and quantity of loot balanced between the different game types in WvW, like large open field battles and high mobility roaming (where the first example has high loot bags drops & player kills, but very low dynamic event participation and the second example is the opposite)

- A high influx of coin would just inflate TP prices (which WvW players are dependent on partially), a reward of materials (any form of loot bag like bundles) would also reduce individual demands and increase TP supply to counter (part of the) inflation.

- Someone (not me, because I am out of the loop in PvP) should try to put together an average gold/materials gain per two hours in PvP compared to WvW and check how far apart those two game types really are.

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > For me its not a problem to make exotic stuff on wvw, the problem is with ascended one. To make one piece (~70g)u need 3-4 days of T4 fotms. To make piece of the same in wvw u need 2, 5 months. That the first thing that should get change.

> > > > > But about just Gold I have 2 solutions, im curious about your thoughts :

> > > > > Give rewards for all the kills: on players, guards, sentries, dolyaks and other active events like taking camps Tower keeps etc.

> > > > > Another one would Just count all your participation at the end of skirmish/matchup and give money or another rewards depending on all the stuff u did in week.

> > > > > I think both systems encourage players to active gameplay

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > That is weird, because I can get 2 ascended pieces with FULLY selectable stats per week (helm-boots-gloves-shoulders), or 1 chest/1 leggings. Why does it take you 3-4 months? Huge inaccuracy right there. Moreover, you get more rewards the more you play, from reward tracks (5-5.5 hours per track, plus the bonus stuff you get from repeating the diamond chest). Also, why do we need to compare WvW with PvE, reward-wise? Not ALL pve yields the money Istan does, or silverwastes. WvW is good in rewards right now. You have the CERTAIN chance of getting ascended equipment, obsidian weapons, mistforged weapons.

> > > > We also get 6 coins/week, if we finish diamond chest. PER WEEK. Given that we get 20 coins PER MONTH for logging in, that would make us another 24 coins (4 weeks). An increase above 100%.

> > > > A lot of us have been playing the mode before any of this was introduced, because it was fun. Rewards are decent in wvw right now. Please, keep the pve mentality in pve.

> > > > Have fun!

> > >

> > > Im rank 250 and i looted 2 ASC chests by now, yea im happy i got em but its Just pure luck. 70 %of matchup i get to Diamond so i do some of that. U get 3 Grand aster shards per week so this is how i did my calculations

> >

> > You get 365 tickets/week. Hence 2 armor pieces/week. Youre new to wvw, so please dont take that pve mentality here. Thanks, good day.

>

> Seems like u play for so long, u already forgot u need 2000 lvl to buy armor for tickets. If ill keep doing Daily fractals and weekly raids i will have no need for wvw armor, thats the next problem with wvw rewarding.

> And why do i play pve? Cuz i need it to get gear for wvw.

> I Just hope ur passive elitism isnt meant for any1 that plays to much wvw.

My apologies if it came out that way. That certainly was not my intention. But every now and then, a New player comes into wvw, a heavily time-consuming mode, and asks for easy and pretty much free stuff, without understanding the intricacies of the mode. You keep comparing wvw to pve in terms of loot. At some point, you say pve yields 40g per hour. Few things in pve are that lucrative. Will i get that much gold by killing stuff in Queensdale? No. Sw, Istan, those two May get you 40g per hour. But that is by NO means the norm in pve. Same with wvw. It has its rewards, for the time you spend, and those are good in my opinion i stated earlier. Moreover, few players do ONE mode exclusively. Most of us do a mix of pve and WVW. That way, we can get the best (maybe) of two worlds. May i remind you yet again, wvw had no rewards.

On a side not, I have to ask: why do you ABSOLUTELY need ascended armor in wvw? That makes little sense to me. I play with exotic armor on quite a few characters, and I can honestly say there is little, if any, difference. The ONLY mode you need ascended is FotM. Not even in pve raids, no. You can do your life easier by getting wvw armors from reward tracks, exotic armor boxes with fully selectable stats. As for trinkets, LS3 and LS4 reward tracks are available, too. Does it take longer? Maybe. Are options available? Certainly.

Anyway thats just my 2cents. Keep having fun, cause the game is about fun in general.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> So you are telling me that repairing shouldn't give currency, even if they farm gold this way. They are helping the team.

> And 99% of the commanders are playing the game and ppl are following them. These people will be rewarded - which play the game. I am not saying the others may not exist too, however everything depends on the way this system is implemented. Even they will be stimulated to repair. Your 4. is hilarious also. You will throw a cata to build it for 5 copper and the cata costs more - good luck with that - I am pretty sure these changes will stimulate exactly this (sarcasm). If the system is implemented in a way to reward the players that are actually playing the game everything will be only in a positive direction. Even if there are defend farmers they will still do better than the pip farmers because they will try to defend/repair/build siege etc.

Well in SMC's case, repairing an outer wall that's being trebbed is wasting supply and actually detrimental to the team. Also repairing walls in any scenario trapping your team outside and getting them killed is also detrimental

I'd actually much rather them remove repairing from WvW completely, this might actually make more groups try for T3's. You also need to realize that people like me who've been around for a while collect so much siege from playing that I'm basically throwing it away, it doesn't cost me anything. So under your idea, I could AFK farm until the cows come home.

Now I'm not saying I don't like the idea of improving rewards in WvW, I'm always game for making things better. If they want to make WvW rewards better and/or more interesting, then add a fractal reward track along with raid wing reward tracks for each raid wing that currently exists. Of course PvE players will contest that, but hey, we're trying to make WvW rewards better right? If I'm not mistaken, when this awful idea of raids first came up, not one person ever stated they wanted raids in place so better rewards are available; they wanted them for the challenge, so let them have their challenge. Then let the rewards filter down to WvW in the form of reward tracks.

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > For me its not a problem to make exotic stuff on wvw, the problem is with ascended one. To make one piece (~70g)u need 3-4 days of T4 fotms. To make piece of the same in wvw u need 2, 5 months. That the first thing that should get change.

> > > > > > > > > > > > But about just Gold I have 2 solutions, im curious about your thoughts :

> > > > > > > > > > > > Give rewards for all the kills: on players, guards, sentries, dolyaks and other active events like taking camps Tower keeps etc.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Another one would Just count all your participation at the end of skirmish/matchup and give money or another rewards depending on all the stuff u did in week.

> > > > > > > > > > > > I think both systems encourage players to active gameplay

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That is weird, because I can get 2 ascended pieces with FULLY selectable stats per week (helm-boots-gloves-shoulders), or 1 chest/1 leggings. Why does it take you 3-4 months? Huge inaccuracy right there. Moreover, you get more rewards the more you play, from reward tracks (5-5.5 hours per track, plus the bonus stuff you get from repeating the diamond chest). Also, why do we need to compare WvW with PvE, reward-wise? Not ALL pve yields the money Istan does, or silverwastes. WvW is good in rewards right now. You have the CERTAIN chance of getting ascended equipment, obsidian weapons, mistforged weapons.

> > > > > > > > > > > We also get 6 coins/week, if we finish diamond chest. PER WEEK. Given that we get 20 coins PER MONTH for logging in, that would make us another 24 coins (4 weeks). An increase above 100%.

> > > > > > > > > > > A lot of us have been playing the mode before any of this was introduced, because it was fun. Rewards are decent in wvw right now. Please, keep the pve mentality in pve.

> > > > > > > > > > > Have fun!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Im rank 250 and i looted 2 ASC chests by now, yea im happy i got em but its Just pure luck. 70 %of matchup i get to Diamond so i do some of that. U get 3 Grand aster shards per week so this is how i did my calculations

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You get 365 tickets/week. Hence 2 armor pieces/week. Youre new to wvw, so please dont take that pve mentality here. Thanks, good day.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Seems like u play for so long, u already forgot u need 2000 lvl to buy armor for tickets. If ill keep doing Daily fractals and weekly raids i will have no need for wvw armor, thats the next problem with wvw rewarding.

> > > > > > > > And why do i play pve? Cuz i need it to get gear for wvw.

> > > > > > > > I Just hope ur passive elitism isnt meant for any1 that plays to much wvw.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Rank 2000 is only for the special skin legendary.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Legendary armor and it's function is available much sooner.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So.., no you don't need to PvE to play WvW. Not anymore.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But i need grandmaster shards

> > > > >

> > > > > Ummm... they are given in the 2-4th tier skirmish chests.... 3 shards a week. You will have enough for a set only from wvw.

> > > > >

> > > > > Next?

> > > >

> > > > 3 shards per week. I need 10 for 1 full mark, and than i need 3 or 4 marks for piece of armor depending on a part.

> > > > For full set i need 20 marks. Plz do the effort and count by your self how much time will it take to get full set -. -

> > >

> > > You are assuming I haven't done the math. I quite enjoy doing WvW.

> > >

> > > You noted that you HAD to do PvE. I simply pointed out that you are wrong.

> > >

> > > You are CHOOSING to do PvE to get your shiny faster.

> >

> > Yea, about 90% faster. U rly didnt do the math, or ur troll

>

> You stated you HAD to do PvE. You don't. It is that simple. It's facts. Not trolling.

>

> (It's approximately 66 weeks BTW. Math isn't hard. )

>

> No one has said WvW is faster. Never once in any of my posts. Please stay to the facts and please don't call others names.

>

> You can be factually incorrect, and you were. I corrected it.

>

> If you would like to correct my facts, please do.

>

> If fact: your assessment on the WvW level needed to get legendary was incorrect as well.

>

> You come into a mode, criticize it's rewards, and don't truly have the facts correct. It's just tiresome.

Ofc u dont need to do pve. Generally u dont need to play computer games. But u do it for fun. For me wvw means fun, fotm means grind. For me fun is having shinies like legendary weapons for example. And in this scenario i cant only have fun (untill it will take tons and tons of time) but i have to do grind.

And i understand the fun for You means playing wvw without terrifying ques. I absolutly understand it and i want it as well. But its possible to make a more profit out of it without ppl afking in wvw. Pip farmers are abusing the passive rewarding system, but if we had more rewards for active gameplay, ques wouldnt go up.

You say math isnt hard but now compare your 66 weeks to 2-3 weeks with pve. Yea yea, long long time ago u had to pay for upgrades bla bla bla. Now its better i know. But its still kitty.

Dont try to Just defend your ground but try to look objectivly. U cant even afford to buy expensive food from only playing wvw...

EDIT.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

> Can we get the discussion back on track please? Here is my contribution to that:

> - It does not help to take a look at the maximum possible reward you get at the end of the week, because even the average WvW focused player won't get that. We should take a look at a time period instead, like 2 hours every day and compare that to e.g. PvE activities.

> - the OP wants to have coin rewards (= gold) for almost all activities (like PvP matches do). To keep it simple, what we should argue about is whether adding a higher coin reward to existing dynamic events will either be good or bad for how game mechanics work (e.g. the problem of wasting supply in depots for repairs to gain coin or ticks).

> - WvW rewards are heavily dependent on game time (prime times) and server (population and server standing) and reward structures for individual players should be as disconnected as possible from these variables.

> - Rewards should try to keep the structure and quantity of loot balanced between the different game types in WvW, like large open field battles and high mobility roaming (where the first example has high loot bags drops & player kills, but very low dynamic event participation and the second example is the opposite)

> - A high influx of coin would just inflate TP prices (which WvW players are dependent on partially), a reward of materials (any form of loot bag like bundles) would also reduce individual demands and increase TP supply to counter (part of the) inflation.

> - Someone (not me, because I am out of the loop in PvP) should try to put together an average gold/materials gain per two hours in PvP compared to WvW and check how far apart those two game types really are.

I jus thought weekly rewards would be interesting. Like soldier getting his fine for a duty.

Mythic coins could affect the coins economy, and more pve players would get there.

Repeating byzanthium track give 20g, i think its about 4 h which is better than wvw, but it doesnt ppl grind it. Its Just nice addition to the think they already do. But in pvp u need to activly play, giving gold rewards to wvw track which is passivly gained would only make it worse in terma of PIP farmers. Thats why i think we could Just get more rewards for active gameplay

If they are going to keep these nuisances known as T3 towers, keeps, and SMC then at least let them have a grand chest in the middle of lords room after capturing. It'll keep guilds driven to keep it all paper instead of just ktraining around paper towers.

Rewards have to get better though. I'm tired of going to PvE for gold. I just want to WvW!

Actually, putting giant lootbags inside T3 buildings that gives guaranteed big rewards.... I could get behind that. I'm not so sure how smart a move it is, but if it's good enough that it makes a bunch of pve players actually willing to come to WvW just to crack the T3 it could make other parts of the gameplay more interesting. Doubt it would work out that well in practice, but the idea is enticing.

> @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> Actually, putting giant lootbags inside T3 buildings that gives guaranteed big rewards.... I could get behind that. I'm not so sure how smart a move it is, but if it's good enough that it makes a bunch of pve players actually willing to come to WvW just to crack the T3 it could make other parts of the gameplay more interesting. Doubt it would work out that well in practice, but the idea is enticing.

Only if the attackers are worth significantly more in the way of loot. *Like make them worth 3x the WxP, and drop 1-2 guaranteed heavy loot bags.*

Otherwise, why defend it?

> > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > Actually, putting giant lootbags inside T3 buildings that gives guaranteed big rewards.... I could get behind that. I'm not so sure how smart a move it is, but if it's good enough that it makes a bunch of pve players actually willing to come to WvW just to crack the T3 it could make other parts of the gameplay more interesting. Doubt it would work out that well in practice, but the idea is enticing.

>

> Only if the attackers are worth significantly more in the way of loot. *Like make them worth 3x the WxP, and drop 1-2 guaranteed heavy loot bags.*

>

> Otherwise, why defend it?

Why do you defend it now?

But yes increased rewards from kills would be better.

I think the hardest part of buffing rewards is doing it in a way that promotes generally healthy gameplay.

Repairing structures, building seige both are used and would be used more in an ineffective manner in order to garner rewards. Increasing what we already get for these would be a bad idea

Increasing for killing players would be a fairly solid one but too much of a buff might lead to kill trading. And as a corrollary to that, penalizing deaths to curb kill trading would lead to avoiding fights.

Increasing the reward for taking structures leads to k-training.

Increasing the 'defense' reward ***might*** work but I would think you would need to increase the defense timer from 3 to 5 minutes, and maybe make it diminishing returns ie: decreasing the reward for defending as the structure goes up in tiers. A T-0 structure would give you the most reward while a T-3 would give the least (as theoretically it's the easiest to defend. This might also encourage people to come and fight over the paper structures whereas now, there is no reason for some of the more PPT focused groups to care about paper.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > @"joneirikb.7506" said:

> > > Actually, putting giant lootbags inside T3 buildings that gives guaranteed big rewards.... I could get behind that. I'm not so sure how smart a move it is, but if it's good enough that it makes a bunch of pve players actually willing to come to WvW just to crack the T3 it could make other parts of the gameplay more interesting. Doubt it would work out that well in practice, but the idea is enticing.

> >

> > Only if the attackers are worth significantly more in the way of loot. *Like make them worth 3x the WxP, and drop 1-2 guaranteed heavy loot bags.*

> >

> > Otherwise, why defend it?

>

> Why do you defend it now?

> But yes increased rewards from kills would be better.

Kills of what? Players, or npcs (lords)?

> I think the hardest part of buffing rewards is doing it in a way that promotes generally healthy gameplay.

>

> Repairing structures, building seige both are used and would be used more in an ineffective manner in order to garner rewards. Increasing what we already get for these would be a bad idea

>

> Increasing for killing players would be a fairly solid one but too much of a buff might lead to kill trading. And as a corrollary to that, penalizing deaths to curb kill trading would lead to avoiding fights.

>

> Increasing the reward for taking structures leads to k-training.

>

> Increasing the 'defense' reward ***might*** work but I would think you would need to increase the defense timer from 3 to 5 minutes, and maybe make it diminishing returns ie: decreasing the reward for defending as the structure goes up in tiers. A T-0 structure would give you the most reward while a T-3 would give the least (as theoretically it's the easiest to defend. This might also encourage people to come and fight over the paper structures whereas now, there is no reason for some of the more PPT focused groups to care about paper.

If we diminished defending T3 people could let enemy flip it to go to an offense faster.

I think giving better rewards for kill wouldnt make ppl wintrade if rewards were reasonable. If we had 5 gold/h even up to 10, with wintrading ppl would still prefer to go pve were u can have about 20g/h easilly. Letting enemy kill u isnt any fun, i cant rly see any1 letting enemy do it for free. The Main problem i See, it would make bigger diffrence of gold making between roaming and blobing.

I guess none of you suggesting higher rewards for killing players were around or remember what happened when players dropped loot bags in the Obsidian Sanctum and the spawn points were all in the same vicinity.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Obsidian-Sanctum-Issues/page/1#post4925481

(This stopped after loot was disabled. People weren't as much grinding for the title as claimed as they were for loot ;) )