Best Birthday yet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > (Well, technically tomorrow is the anniversary, but **computers don't easily understand leap years**, the birthdays are just every 365 days, so it's today.)

>

> Actually, they do, but GW2 (and GW1) character age doesn't bother doing it.

That's why I said it's not easy rather than just computers don't understand them. It's entirely possible to make a computer factor in leap years and even calculate when they'll occur, but it's more complicated than just telling it and event occurs every 365 days, so in cases like this it's presumably not worth the extra programming.

> @"Izzykins.8624" said:

> Appreciate the info @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" ! I put in a ticket for exactly that reason; no harm in asking. And because I only did it a little under two months ago and have only 3 toons, here's hoping! All the same, congrats to all you vets who passed the 6 year mark!! You've earned it! :D

Here's a recent Dev post on the topic:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/645672/#Comment_645672

Gaile Gray.6029 ArenaNet ›

August 15, 2018 edited August 15, 2018

snip If you know your serial number, the name of the character, about when it was deleted, and an empty slot you could contact support to see if they can undelete it. Explain to them what happened. Maybe you will be lucky.

_No, in my opinion (an opinion hopefully shared by others) this would be a terrible misuse of Customer Support's services, at a time when players need help with access issues, crashes, bugs, or even security concerns. Please do not do this._

I'm so torn on which set to get. I like pieces from all of them. I'm leaning deeply towards medium, though, it's an elegant tailcoat that lets your pants show and thus is unlike most of the medium armor out there.

Light -- the crown is nifty depending on hair style (looks foolish on a bald head), the chest armor is a new alternative to Aetherblade for guys wanting a slim, fancy top. But the female pants bulk out the hips terribly, and chest/pants are the key pieces in sets to really stand out and make it worth changing the look.

Medium -- as above, great pants and coat, can dye into very formal wear. The cowl bothers me, maybe it just takes away the hair so a lot of my alts' individuality is lost. Problem: Of all the weights, medium covers the fewest of my alts. I have one Daredevil, one Deadeye, one Scrapper, one Holosmith, one Druid, one Soulbeast, and they all have looks I love. Maybe I'd update Donari from Renn Faire doublet to elegant tailcoat, but the rest are fairly locked in.

Heavy -- as I understand it you get *two* head skins, with visor up or down, which is awesome. I have not found a way to preview the up version though. The chest offers a slim fit, the pants have some allowance for a charr tail. I do really like the cloth drape on the female version but not the wide hip covering added to the slender chest.

All -- the shoulders are too over the top for me, I likely won't be using those but it's awesome the options exist unlike with outfits and I've seen some people really digging them. Gloves and boots overall feel clunky but some of you guys have shown them looking good so I'll give them a chance. Boots all admit asura have side toes. With the exception of female light and heavy pants, chests and pants flow well together.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I'm already wondering which armour set I should pick. Technically it should be medium since it's my thief who gets the first gift, and my engineer is very close behind. But it depends what they look like.

Like I said above, I lean to the medium because it offers a silhouette that isn't like every other medium armor out there. Preview the armors on a lot of alts, see different dye palettes, you may think differently from me or have an alt that really needs just one piece of light or heavy but the medium stands out most to my eye.

For dyes I've nabbed Abyssal Sea, Ruin, Permafrost, Sand Shark. My fifth original character didn't get her sliders set until day 2, so tomorrow I expect to collect Tar. And then it's the waiting game as other alts tick up birthdays through the year. Exciting!

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> But the female pants bulk out the hips terribly, and chest/pants are the key pieces in sets to really stand out and make it worth changing the look.

it isn't so bad I think if dye it properly.

![imgur](https://imgur.com/iz5LGbC.jpg)

![imgur](https://imgur.com/MKzTo7z.jpg)

full set on my mule character. :)

![imgur](https://imgur.com/zDV7znK.jpg)

All THREE Armor Sets are **GORGEOUS**, but, man... I took one look at that Medium set in the preview window, and then played around with some dyes, and I _think_ my :heart: is set on it! :love:

I've got 7 short weeks to figure it all out! :smiley:

Anet, I know you know this... but you got some **VERY TALENTED** folks working in your Art Dept!

And **THANK YOU** for the giving us such an **AWESOME** 6th B'day gift!!! You guys ROCK! :+1:

I have played this game continuously for six years now and have put in over 17,000 hours in the game, but sadly (for me) my oldest character is only 8 days old. I've never had a problem with starting over again if I'm unhappy with some aspect of my characters, as I still enjoy map completion and even re-doing the stories can be satisfying.

Perhaps if a Race Change contract was something that existed things would have been different. Or if the same level of effort was put into designing armour for races other than Humans, then I would have been happier.

But it is what it is.

Anyway, I am happy for those of you that are celebrating your characters birthday, even if I personally feel somewhat overlooked, and hope you continue to enjoy the game as much as I still do.

Regards.