• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the free novelty box! Got that Marriner's Horn I've been waffling over.

Thanks for the gizmo wardrobe! I will reclaim a lot of bag space, and all my toons will have access to all the toys! Woot!

Thanks for adding the town clothes to the Black Lion Statuettes! Can't wait to add some more low-key outfits to my options. ^^

Thanks for adding some of the damage back to Lava Font, my pyromaniac elementalist has stopped crying now.

This update has been a 'wow.'

I also love the idea of hauling around a personal chair. :D More gems are not in my budget just at the moment, but interested to see what comes up after the dragon throne.

Love this update. I am looking forward to when the tonics get added! This definitely makes me want to get some of the items I have been looking at but never got because of having to store them in the inventory! Don't forget to go talk to Sarettokk in The Undermarket in LA if you have completed Chairs of the World to get a free chair to sit on!

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> Great update indeed! :+1: :)

> Pity you didn't added a section for the Toy weapons / toy costume battle items aswell.

>

> Also, does anyone know how to get the normal wooden chair?? :scream:

It seems that wooden chair should be as a reward for "Chairs of the World" collection. But I think it has been just added as a reward, because I think there was only title before. I don't have that chair.

> @"Alga.6498" said:

> Great update indeed! :+1: :)

> Pity you didn't added a section for the Toy weapons / toy costume battle items aswell.

>

> Also, does anyone know how to get the normal wooden chair?? :scream:

You were probably posting at the same time I was! Some folk are feeling the Dragon Chair is too small for the Charr but I think since Charr and Norn are so large they should look like they are squeezed into it. The plain chair looks fine with a Charr. Thanks for adding that!

The novelty chest is great as was the free Black Lion Chest + Key.

That said, despite it being free, I'm pretty disappointed that one of the rewards I got was crafting materials. I got this out of 2 chests actually (had 6 keys in my bank). I respect that BL chests need tiers of rewards but, to open a BL chest and get materials that are easily farmable (and I have 500/500 of each in storage) is pretty lame. While I'm not a fan of revive orbs or self style kits, at least those don't drop out of loot bags.

This is honestly why you will never see me spend a single Gem, purchased either with gold or real money, on a BL key. If you want more players to buy them (which of course you do), you have to make the minimum possible rewards better than they are. And no, BL statuettes don't really count, given anything worth anything costs about 60 statuettes.

I'm also very pleased with today's news. Thanks and happy anniversary, ANet!

> @"fizzypetal.7936" said:

> Thank you for the novelty add...freed up some bank slots. Please, can we have a tonic cupboard too? Pretty please? :D

The blog post indicates that Endless Tonics will be added to the Novelty section once they've finished some additional work on it. May it go both smoothly and swiftly!

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> This whole year has been pretty great. =)

>

> I can't decide what to get with my 0 gem novelty box. :'(

Same here. I'm tempted to get the harp because I like the idea of it, but I have no musical ability and I'm not sure I'd use it that much. But I already have two kites and a balloon and I'm not sure I'd use any of the other toys more than a harp.

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Dinsy.2491" said:

> > The novelties tab will never be complete until the Nuhoch Warbler is added for all our on the go warbling needs.

>

> Those are Soulbound...

From the story, the item is soulbound. However, they could unlock a similarly-named "Basic Nuhoch Warbler" as a novelty item. As it stands now, it's just one more item that seems like maybe we should keep it, maybe not. Probably? Is it worth saving? Jeeze, what should we do?

It's definitely not a major game problem. It's just one (among many) items that we have to worry about.

> @"Aerinndis.2730" said:

> > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > Great update indeed! :+1: :)

> > Pity you didn't added a section for the Toy weapons / toy costume battle items aswell.

> >

> > Also, does anyone know how to get the normal wooden chair?? :scream:

>

> You were probably posting at the same time I was! Some folk are feeling the Dragon Chair is too small for the Charr but I think since Charr and Norn are so large they should look like they are squeezed into it. The plain chair looks fine with a Charr. Thanks for adding that!

Also from the blog post, if you've already finished Chairs of the World, you can speak to Sarettokk in Lion's Arch to receive your chair.