revenants are ruining pvp (along with cheese guard w/ judge's intervention)

incisorr.9502

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

> > > > >

> > > > > lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

> > > >

> > > > qeueing up skills cause they all instant =/= combo ing skills

> > >

> > > What?

> > > Queuing up skills does not equal a combo?

> > > is this some sort of Jaden Smith quote?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > no its not a combo. its just that making instant skill + instant skill + instant skill = one bomb

> >

> > a combo for me looks like a into b into massiv c. same as stunlock - immob - burst works and at best u actually use combofields (i know they out of date).

> >

> > putting all skills that do dmg on qeue - doesnt matter if they are defensive or offensive they only need to add number at the end - does not equal a combo for me. thats stacking.

> >

> >

>

> Well you better brush up on the Dictionary then or make an Appeal to have the word changed.

>

> Combo

> Combo is short for Combination

>

> Combination is a set or series of different actions, colors or sounds put together.

> "man did you see that combo i nailed to his face? left jab, right jab and hook!"

>

> Or to put it in GW2 terms:

> "man did you see that combo i nailed to his face? Banish, Judges Intervention and Mighty Blow!"

>

>

You know what he means.. sequenced combos instead of simultaneous combos.

Kind of how like pressing F1, F2, F3, and F4 all at once on Scourge or Mesmer is different than Overcharged Shot, into Throw Wrench, into Net Shot, into Magnet.

> > @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > While overly dramatic, the OP does have a point. There are too many instant damage skills and ways to combo a ton of damage. If you have to be practically psychic in order to avoid a burst that you can't see in order to not die to it (from full HP), that's bad design. A lot of it comes from damage being far too high than the teleport skills though.

>

> so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

>

> lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

"combo" in this case meaning "press the instant skills or have procs". Combos are fine, but they shouldn't be such low risk, high reward. Abilities or combos which take off a large chunk of HP should be realistically avoidable by having an obvious tell (at least 0.75 seconds).

Right now we have damage which is reminiscent of an FPS, but don't have the avoidance or mobility to complement that damage.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > > While overly dramatic, the OP does have a point. There are too many instant damage skills and ways to combo a ton of damage. If you have to be practically psychic in order to avoid a burst that you can't see in order to not die to it (from full HP), that's bad design. A lot of it comes from damage being far too high than the teleport skills though.

> >

> > so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

> >

> > lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

>

> "combo" in this case meaning "press the instant skills or have procs". Combos are fine, but they shouldn't be such low risk, high reward. Abilities or combos which take off a large chunk of HP should be realistically avoidable by having an obvious tell (at least 0.75 seconds).

>

> Right now we have damage which is reminiscent of an FPS, but don't have the avoidance or mobility to complement that damage.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

> > > > >

> > > > > qeueing up skills cause they all instant =/= combo ing skills

> > > >

> > > > What?

> > > > Queuing up skills does not equal a combo?

> > > > is this some sort of Jaden Smith quote?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > no its not a combo. its just that making instant skill + instant skill + instant skill = one bomb

> > >

> > > a combo for me looks like a into b into massiv c. same as stunlock - immob - burst works and at best u actually use combofields (i know they out of date).

> > >

> > > putting all skills that do dmg on qeue - doesnt matter if they are defensive or offensive they only need to add number at the end - does not equal a combo for me. thats stacking.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Well you better brush up on the Dictionary then or make an Appeal to have the word changed.

> >

> > Combo

> > Combo is short for Combination

> >

> > Combination is a set or series of different actions, colors or sounds put together.

> > "man did you see that combo i nailed to his face? left jab, right jab and hook!"

> >

> > Or to put it in GW2 terms:

> > "man did you see that combo i nailed to his face? Banish, Judges Intervention and Mighty Blow!"

> >

> >

>

> You know what he means.. sequenced combos instead of simultaneous combos.

>

> Kind of how like pressing F1, F2, F3, and F4 all at once on Scourge or Mesmer is different than Overcharged Shot, into Throw Wrench, into Net Shot, into Magnet.

Guardian Hammer 5 for example, precast into Judges Intervention will always make sure you can get the ring around the enemy... That's a combo.

Earthquake to Lightning Flash mid animation.. Another Combo to me.

Procs are another story altogether.. I'm not a fan of passive procs but Ive learnt to live with em.

What I'm hearing is: Bulls charge to 100B is a combo..... But to me that falls under a set up.

The bulls charge sets up for the 100B

Or to string out my Combo and set ups for Elementalist D/D:

I combo Earthquake to land on my Lightning Flash for the knockdown effect to set up an Easy churning Earth.

(the mesmer F1-4 I dont see as either, that's just faceplanting keys that have effects... I do it when I get stunned "oh crap hit all the buttons.... oh he died LMAO")

not to say this gospel or nothing like that but different countries have different educations and to me a combo is much different than a set up and using the 2 together will produce an ideal combination.

I don't believe Mesmer or Scourge F1 to F4 fits into the same catagory as Judges Intervention or Lightning Flash, just my opinion though.

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > >

> > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > >

> > > judging from the video a few things...

> > >

> > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > >

> > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > >

> > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> >

> > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> >

> > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

>

> New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

>

> Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > > >

> > > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > > >

> > > > judging from the video a few things...

> > > >

> > > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > > >

> > > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > > >

> > > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> > >

> > > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> > >

> > > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> >

> > New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

> >

> > Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

>

> Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

Youre acting as if youre the only one to get hit by this build. I can counterplay on my Tempest and just watched a reaper counterplay the build all game

Thief got me once but after that if I couldn't see thief on minimap I started using dodge everytime endurance got 3/4 full... screwed him up everytime.

reaction timing in the video is super slow... plenty of room to counterplay just off that factor alone and again, he was caught with his pants down casting flesh wurm into the corner.

That's the adequate of saying "I wasn't paying attention and I died, nerf that other player!" which fits into the rest of the PvP subforum perfectly.

Not sure if he is known or not, but this player got me:

![](https://i.imgur.com/CNdNNq0.jpg "")

I was just finished on Mid and noticed my team was all at far so decided to go home but he caught me with my pants down but hey, that's what happens. I died, I adapted and I got over it...

I needed this. I was a little miffed about actual problems, but it's nice to see there's mesmers that think Revenants are OP.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Judges Intervention is a problem. At least give it a 1/4 sec cast time (+ animation ofc).

Let's nerf one of the ports of the second least mobile class in the game because

Damage.png Damage: 133 (0.5)?

Burning.png Burning (8s): 1048 Damage

is too much. Let's also ignore that _It's one of their stunbreaks_ and that the things that -make- it formidable, namely, hammer skills, all have animation tells. Lets also neglect to mention that giving JI its own animation would break every combo that utilizes it.

If you're afraid of getting banished, look for a guard winding up while not next to you.

If you're afraid of getting warded, look for a guard winding up while not next to you.

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > > > >

> > > > > judging from the video a few things...

> > > > >

> > > > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > > > >

> > > > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > > > >

> > > > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> > > >

> > > > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> > > >

> > > > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> > >

> > > New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

> > >

> > > Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

> >

> > Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

>

> Youre acting as if youre the only one to get hit by this build. I can counterplay on my Tempest and just watched a reaper counterplay the build all game

>

> Thief got me once but after that if I couldn't see thief on minimap I started using dodge everytime endurance got 3/4 full... screwed him up everytime.

>

> reaction timing in the video is super slow... plenty of room to counterplay just off that factor alone and again, he was caught with his pants down casting flesh wurm into the corner.

> That's the adequate of saying "I wasn't paying attention and I died, nerf that other player!" which fits into the rest of the PvP subforum perfectly.

>

> Not sure if he is known or not, but this player got me:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/CNdNNq0.jpg "")

>

> I was just finished on Mid and noticed my team was all at far so decided to go home but he caught me with my pants down but hey, that's what happens. I died, I adapted and I got over it...

Wow, playing tempest. Way to drag your team down with you man! No kidding though, the big difference being you have a giant antiprojectile dome and invuln in several flavors on tempest, you know those things necros can't have.

You don't seem to understand, regardless of what I did in that scenario it was going to be me who died. I only got to pick whether to die on or off point. No one should be able to global you with full cds, 2.5k armor, and 21k hp from stealth. Even if I had played that perfectly it would have made 0 difference.

This phenomenon has a name, it's called shit design

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > > > > >

> > > > > > judging from the video a few things...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> > > > >

> > > > > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> > > >

> > > > New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

> > > >

> > > > Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

> > >

> > > Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

> >

> > Youre acting as if youre the only one to get hit by this build. I can counterplay on my Tempest and just watched a reaper counterplay the build all game

> >

> > Thief got me once but after that if I couldn't see thief on minimap I started using dodge everytime endurance got 3/4 full... screwed him up everytime.

> >

> > reaction timing in the video is super slow... plenty of room to counterplay just off that factor alone and again, he was caught with his pants down casting flesh wurm into the corner.

> > That's the adequate of saying "I wasn't paying attention and I died, nerf that other player!" which fits into the rest of the PvP subforum perfectly.

> >

> > Not sure if he is known or not, but this player got me:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/CNdNNq0.jpg "")

> >

> > I was just finished on Mid and noticed my team was all at far so decided to go home but he caught me with my pants down but hey, that's what happens. I died, I adapted and I got over it...

>

> Wow, playing tempest. Way to drag your team down with you man! No kidding though, the big difference being you have a giant antiprojectile dome and invuln in several flavors on tempest, you know those things necros can't have.

>

> You don't seem to understand, regardless of what I did in that scenario it was going to be me who died. I only got to pick whether to die on or off point. No one should be able to global you with full cds, 2.5k armor, and 21k hp from stealth. Even if I had played that perfectly it would have made 0 difference.

>

> This phenomenon has a name, it's called kitten design

Magnetic aura does nothing against unblockables... Good solution but obviously one you havent tried or you would have known.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > > > > >

> > > > > > judging from the video a few things...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> > > > >

> > > > > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> > > >

> > > > New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

> > > >

> > > > Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

> > >

> > > Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

> >

> > Youre acting as if youre the only one to get hit by this build. I can counterplay on my Tempest and just watched a reaper counterplay the build all game

> >

> > Thief got me once but after that if I couldn't see thief on minimap I started using dodge everytime endurance got 3/4 full... screwed him up everytime.

> >

> > reaction timing in the video is super slow... plenty of room to counterplay just off that factor alone and again, he was caught with his pants down casting flesh wurm into the corner.

> > That's the adequate of saying "I wasn't paying attention and I died, nerf that other player!" which fits into the rest of the PvP subforum perfectly.

> >

> > Not sure if he is known or not, but this player got me:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/CNdNNq0.jpg "")

> >

> > I was just finished on Mid and noticed my team was all at far so decided to go home but he caught me with my pants down but hey, that's what happens. I died, I adapted and I got over it...

>

> You don't seem to understand, regardless of what I did in that scenario it was going to be me who died. I only got to pick whether to die on or off point. No one should be able to global you with full cds, 2.5k armor, and 21k hp from stealth. Even if I had played that perfectly it would have made 0 difference.

And that's the game. Necro generally loses 1v1 to thief/everyone get over it. Don't put yourself in that position to begin with. Assume you will not win because generally you won't (although you could have put up more of a fight)

A full heal FB lasts less than 10 seconds 1v1 vs deadeye spamming unblockable Death's Judgement. GET OVER IT.

> This phenomenon has a name, it's called kitten design

I think it's called l2p

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > >

> > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > >

> > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > >

> > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> >

> > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

>

> I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

>

>

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > Learn 2 play

>

> I'm such a kitten noob.

>

> seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

>

Why are you going to a side node alone as a reaper with no lf, knowing there's a thief on the opposing team? This is somewhat into the match too, which means there was opportunity to learn it was deadeye.

You have a mesmer, a rev, and two guards on your team, and mid was free. Not to mention the guard was coming to help you.

You're not going to win vs a deadeye with no LF as reaper unless the deadeye is bad. at best you will push him off. Once you have a deadeye on your opposing team as a necro, you move where he is not and push where he is with help. If you had waited for the guard that would have gone differently.

You seem to be aware of this too. You slotted NCSY, so you're obv specced for nuking a point where there's a bunker. If you want to attempt sidenoding as reaper you should have spectral armor slotted with your finger hovering over it the moment you are unaccompanied.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > >

> > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > >

> > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > >

> > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > >

> > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> >

> > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> >

> >

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > Learn 2 play

> >

> > I'm such a kitten noob.

> >

> > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> >

>

> Why are you going to a side node alone as a reaper with no lf, knowing there's a thief on the opposing team? This is somewhat into the match too, which means there was opportunity to learn it was deadeye.

>

> You have a mesmer, a rev, and two guards on your team, and mid was free. Not to mention the guard was coming to help you.

>

> You're not going to win vs a deadeye with no LF as reaper unless the deadeye is bad. at best you will push him off. Once you have a deadeye on your opposing team as a necro, you move where he is not and push where he is with help. If you had waited for the guard that would have gone differently.

>

> You seem to be aware of this too. You slotted NCSY, so you're obv specced for nuking a point where there's a bunker. If you want to attempt sidenoding as reaper you should have spectral armor slotted with your finger hovering over it the moment you are unaccompanied.

>

>

>

>

Deadeye was at far fighting both core guards (yes, both). We had just wiped mid, no point going in 2v4 to feed. Didn't even know he was on this side of the map due to permastealth. I tried to get flesh wurm up in case I was wrong, didn't get up in time.

He had already killed one of our guards at far who respawned with me, that guard had intended to feed instead of capping home.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > judging from the video a few things...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> > > > >

> > > > > New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

> > > >

> > > > Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

> > >

> > > Youre acting as if youre the only one to get hit by this build. I can counterplay on my Tempest and just watched a reaper counterplay the build all game

> > >

> > > Thief got me once but after that if I couldn't see thief on minimap I started using dodge everytime endurance got 3/4 full... screwed him up everytime.

> > >

> > > reaction timing in the video is super slow... plenty of room to counterplay just off that factor alone and again, he was caught with his pants down casting flesh wurm into the corner.

> > > That's the adequate of saying "I wasn't paying attention and I died, nerf that other player!" which fits into the rest of the PvP subforum perfectly.

> > >

> > > Not sure if he is known or not, but this player got me:

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/CNdNNq0.jpg "")

> > >

> > > I was just finished on Mid and noticed my team was all at far so decided to go home but he caught me with my pants down but hey, that's what happens. I died, I adapted and I got over it...

> >

> > You don't seem to understand, regardless of what I did in that scenario it was going to be me who died. I only got to pick whether to die on or off point. No one should be able to global you with full cds, 2.5k armor, and 21k hp from stealth. Even if I had played that perfectly it would have made 0 difference.

>

> And that's the game. Necro generally loses 1v1 to thief/everyone get over it. Don't put yourself in that position to begin with. Assume you will not win because generally you won't (although you could have put up more of a fight)

>

> A full heal FB lasts less than 10 seconds 1v1 vs deadeye spamming unblockable Death's Judgement. GET OVER IT.

>

> > This phenomenon has a name, it's called kitten design

>

> I think it's called l2p

<1s to kill 2.5k armor 21k hp isn't balanced. If I had broken the stun I'd still be immobilized, if I had somehow gotten out of Los he still had quickness, 25 might, and teleport up to kill me off point.

So my options on respawn were to feed mid or cap home (since our core guard didn't go home). not a tough choice champ.

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > judging from the video a few things...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> > > > >

> > > > > New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

> > > >

> > > > Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

> > >

> > > Youre acting as if youre the only one to get hit by this build. I can counterplay on my Tempest and just watched a reaper counterplay the build all game

> > >

> > > Thief got me once but after that if I couldn't see thief on minimap I started using dodge everytime endurance got 3/4 full... screwed him up everytime.

> > >

> > > reaction timing in the video is super slow... plenty of room to counterplay just off that factor alone and again, he was caught with his pants down casting flesh wurm into the corner.

> > > That's the adequate of saying "I wasn't paying attention and I died, nerf that other player!" which fits into the rest of the PvP subforum perfectly.

> > >

> > > Not sure if he is known or not, but this player got me:

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/CNdNNq0.jpg "")

> > >

> > > I was just finished on Mid and noticed my team was all at far so decided to go home but he caught me with my pants down but hey, that's what happens. I died, I adapted and I got over it...

> >

> > Wow, playing tempest. Way to drag your team down with you man! No kidding though, the big difference being you have a giant antiprojectile dome and invuln in several flavors on tempest, you know those things necros can't have.

> >

> > You don't seem to understand, regardless of what I did in that scenario it was going to be me who died. I only got to pick whether to die on or off point. No one should be able to global you with full cds, 2.5k armor, and 21k hp from stealth. Even if I had played that perfectly it would have made 0 difference.

> >

> > This phenomenon has a name, it's called kitten design

>

> Magnetic aura does nothing against unblockables... Good solution but obviously one you havent tried or you would have known.

Why in the fuck would you run staff in pvp? Any of the ele invulns is a solution, and focus air bubble would force him to burn shadowmelds for dj. Clearly you haven't played ele long if you believe staff tempest is viable in pvp

There are 3 classes that ruin pvp for me and it not rev at all.....

1 is thf with there huge ranged damage potential along with there stealth its an extremely hard play style to counter.

2 is mesmer with there relentess assaults and mobility to escape and with there clone spam and almost unavoidable invisable clone attacks.

3 are power necros there damage is way over the top atm.

1 of each of these classes are ok to have in a game but if u get 2 power ne ros that work well together theres no counter, if u got 2 mesmers that work well together its over theres no beating 10 clones on thw playing field unless they are way below the skill lvl of plat.

But rev? I havnt come accross a single rev that has put my fa ele or warrior to the test yet.

> @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> Yes let put a cast time on judge's intervention. Lets make the slowest class in the game a little slower.

If you play GS variant of the build, you have two teleports (JI and Sword#2) and one leap skill from GS. Its far from slowest class. Not to mention how its a class with great condi cleans which also include movement impairing effects. I personally played this and never felt that I was drastically more slow than my warrior or mesmer

Judge's Intervention "combo" is broken. Its a gimmick due to a bad design where instant skills can be cast while channeling other skills which results in output disproportionate to effort. The problem isn't that there is this skill or "combo" that does insane damage output. Problem is how little effort it takes to do it compared to the output it does.

> @"iKeostuKen.2738" said:

> For me its just the damage they do on attacks thats not visually noticable. Hammer 2 does to much damage on something that blends in with a bunch of red floor clutter.

CoR always had the visual issue, and sometimes where there more AOE m8 get hidden by the visual skills.

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > Take a nice close look at my bar, and at the deadeye in that clip. I'm immobilized until I'm dead, so no dodging.

>

> https://ibb.co/cZQGkK

>

> You had 8649HP when your immobilize wore off.. as per this screenshot. You were preoccupied trying to use Plague Signet and not dodging at all. Double away behind ledge, consume conditions, you would have been at 16,785 hp and had an ally on the way. He would have been just too slow to swap to S/P, Infil strike and Pistol Whip.

As per this screenshot, he is still knocked down and therefore can't dodge.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > judging from the video a few things...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> > > > > >

> > > > > > New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

> > > > >

> > > > > Read above on why it didn't matter if I had broken the stun or not. Still immobilized, he still has shadowstep and meld up. Difference is dying on point or off point.

> > > >

> > > > Youre acting as if youre the only one to get hit by this build. I can counterplay on my Tempest and just watched a reaper counterplay the build all game

> > > >

> > > > Thief got me once but after that if I couldn't see thief on minimap I started using dodge everytime endurance got 3/4 full... screwed him up everytime.

> > > >

> > > > reaction timing in the video is super slow... plenty of room to counterplay just off that factor alone and again, he was caught with his pants down casting flesh wurm into the corner.

> > > > That's the adequate of saying "I wasn't paying attention and I died, nerf that other player!" which fits into the rest of the PvP subforum perfectly.

> > > >

> > > > Not sure if he is known or not, but this player got me:

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/CNdNNq0.jpg "")

> > > >

> > > > I was just finished on Mid and noticed my team was all at far so decided to go home but he caught me with my pants down but hey, that's what happens. I died, I adapted and I got over it...

> > >

> > > Wow, playing tempest. Way to drag your team down with you man! No kidding though, the big difference being you have a giant antiprojectile dome and invuln in several flavors on tempest, you know those things necros can't have.

> > >

> > > You don't seem to understand, regardless of what I did in that scenario it was going to be me who died. I only got to pick whether to die on or off point. No one should be able to global you with full cds, 2.5k armor, and 21k hp from stealth. Even if I had played that perfectly it would have made 0 difference.

> > >

> > > This phenomenon has a name, it's called kitten design

> >

> > Magnetic aura does nothing against unblockables... Good solution but obviously one you havent tried or you would have known.

>

> Why in the kitten would you run staff in pvp? Any of the ele invulns is a solution, and focus air bubble would force him to burn shadowmelds for dj. Clearly you haven't played ele long if you believe staff tempest is viable in pvp

I don't run staff... I don't even use invulns, don't need em... Focus is a great starting weapon with a niche skill but it becomes useless once you stop relying on the invuln to cover bad attunement rotations or bad positioning.

I have Dagger/Dagger Aura share build with boon rip and aoe cleanses/heals.. And yet I have less active tools than the average Reaper has, I can still counter play... I don't even have a second life pool to burn through.

Ive played D/D build since game release, racked up a good 4k+ hours on the toon alone... Which is more game time than most have across all professions. (so it may be unfair to point out that slow reaction time, my muscle memory is built in to the class and I have a 19 button mouse to easily abuse with my thumb)

It's best to have facts before throwing around accusations.

> @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > Yes let put a cast time on judge's intervention. Lets make the slowest class in the game a little slower.

>

> If you play GS variant of the build, you have two teleports (JI and Sword#2) and one leap skill from GS. Its far from slowest class. Not to mention how its a class with great condi cleans which also include movement impairing effects. I personally played this and never felt that I was drastically more slow than my warrior or mesmer

>

> Judge's Intervention "combo" is broken. Its a gimmick due to a bad design where instant skills can be cast while channeling other skills which results in output disproportionate to effort. The problem isn't that there is this skill or "combo" that does insane damage output. Problem is how little effort it takes to do it compared to the output it does.

If you want to add a cast time, I'm all for it as long as it's not biased.

This means that you will add cast times too:

Blink, Lightning Flash, Shadowstep, Steal, Infiltrator Signet, Merciful Intervention, Judges Intervention, Activation of Flesh wurm teleport, Activation of Spectral Walk and the rest of the stun breaks that also just happen to have a teleport.

And yes, you can spectral walk off point and precast just as you teleport back onto point, extremely easy to do..

> If you want to add a cast time, I'm all for it as long as it's not biased.

> This means that you will add cast times too:

> Blink, Lightning Flash, Shadowstep, Steal, Infiltrator Signet, Merciful Intervention, Judges Intervention, Activation of Flesh wurm teleport, Activation of Spectral Walk and the rest of the stun breaks that also just happen to have a teleport.

>

> And yes, you can spectral walk off point and precast just as you teleport back onto point, extremely easy to do..

That may not be a bad idea. How about all classes but thief should require cast times to teleports?