Forged with Fire (Daily Hounds)

I don't know, I kind of like to see these mostly-forgotten events enter the Daily rotation. Breathes some new air into PoF maps and gives us a change every once in a while.

I agree the time-gating is horrible though. They could introduce shorter event chains into the dailies, that don't require timers but instead are player-started (I think we had a few of these in the PoF maps). The bounty dailies already work like this, and are much easier to organize. Anet could also tweak the existing events (such as this Hound event) to kick off via player interaction instead of a timer. I have no idea how much work that would require, but I doubt this one will be a very popular daily unless players are lucky enough to stumble there when it's already going.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> I only saw this event a single time so far, making such an unrealiable event a daily is stupid

It is because it has a very low respawn timer (2.5h) that additionally gets shifted over time because said timer is not fixed but rather re-starts after the previous meta has finished. So if you finish the 12:00 meta at 12:30, the next one will be up at 15:00 instead of the regularly scheduled 14:30.

Why they implemented it like this is beyond me.

Having events on unknown (since we don't know when was the last time they got done), long timers for daily isn't a good choice for the various reasons listened here.

Either have the chain restart timer trigger independently of when the chain was last finished (so it fits on timer sites like world bosses), reduce the cooldown so it's okay to just idle on the map waiting (but then it shouldn't be more than... say, half an hour), or just switch the daily to a different Meta that already qualifies (hello, serpent's ire :P)

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> It just needs to be put on a timer like all of the world bosses.

Well it technically already is. What they need is to either shorten it by half and hour or add half an hour to the cooldown so it doesn't get shifted every day.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> Putting serpent's ire as a daily would be like putting triple trouble as a daily boss or not so secret as a daily jp. The daily reward better be colored like an ascended item for that amount of effort.

One of those days that makes you glad you can easily replace some of these horrible ones with a WvW and/or PvP one.

I was hoping that a serpent's ire daily would cause the forums to implode enough to finally get ANet to do something about it.

If it's gonna stay as complicated as it is, improve the rewards, or adjust it to not be so difficult for the majority of the population that tries to get the related achievements done. ._.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> I was hoping that a serpent's ire daily would cause the forums to implode enough to finally get ANet to do something about it.

>

> If it's gonna stay as complicated as it is, improve the rewards, or adjust it to not be so difficult for the majority of the population that tries to get the related achievements done. ._.

Well in that case I'm with you there.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> I was hoping that a serpent's ire daily would cause the forums to implode enough to finally get ANet to do something about it.

>

> If it's gonna stay as complicated as it is, improve the rewards, or adjust it to not be so difficult for the majority of the population that tries to get the related achievements done. ._.

Which part of it is complicated? :/

Kill veterans to spawn to spawn champions until bar is full.

Bring CC skills for part 2 ...

This is as complicated as making a sandwich.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > It just needs to be put on a timer like all of the world bosses.

>

> Well it technically already is. What they need is to either shorten it by half and hour or add half an hour to the cooldown so it doesn't get shifted every day.

I meant a set timer where it spawns at the same times every day as well as having a fail timer. It’s currently not set up like a world boss.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > It just needs to be put on a timer like all of the world bosses.

> >

> > Well it technically already is. What they need is to either shorten it by half and hour or add half an hour to the cooldown so it doesn't get shifted every day.

>

> I meant a set timer where it spawns at the same times every day as well as having a fail timer. It’s currently not set up like a world boss.

>

>

According to the wiki each of the 3 events have a fail timer

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > It just needs to be put on a timer like all of the world bosses.

> > >

> > > Well it technically already is. What they need is to either shorten it by half and hour or add half an hour to the cooldown so it doesn't get shifted every day.

> >

> > I meant a set timer where it spawns at the same times every day as well as having a fail timer. It’s currently not set up like a world boss.

> >

> >

>

> According to the wiki each of the 3 events have a fail timer

Alright then just a set timer like every world boss then.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > I was hoping that a serpent's ire daily would cause the forums to implode enough to finally get ANet to do something about it.

> >

> > If it's gonna stay as complicated as it is, improve the rewards, or adjust it to not be so difficult for the majority of the population that tries to get the related achievements done. ._.

>

> Which part of it is complicated? :/

>

> Kill veterans to spawn to spawn champions until bar is full.

> Bring CC skills for part 2 ...

>

> This is as complicated as making a sandwich.

The 1 1 1 1 players would like an argument with you.

THe 6 times I've done this event I only failed it once, after that we made sure to have markers on every spawn and spammed "BRING CC OR LEAVE" 200 times in chat, it worked like a charm