Destroy a city

dannico.8567

During the events of "head of the snake" I kinda wished DR was damaged far beyond what we saw.

Crippled, so baddly....

With the Charr, and Asura technology aiding the Humans, they re-designed the city to make something similar to Midgar from FF7. xD

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii609/dbarnes1011/FFVII_Midgar_1.png

I know this is absoloute terrible idea xD

and hell for those who hate anything that kinda changes the old village style city immersion,

but... it's just a vain wish I had. :P

Don't get offended now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"dannico.8567" said:

> > If LW was to destroy another city which would you choose? Personally Black Citadel as it's since a PITA to do completion in, even with gliding and mounts.

>

> I have done it 15 times, and it goes very fast, if you know your way around, and is fun (IMO).

>

> I would rather see The Grove rebuilt, because its visuals are totally overdone and thus plain awful. Less kitsch and glitter, please.

The Grove doesn't have to be destroyed but rather expanded on the ocean side to have beaches. Since the sylvari are shown digging on that side it seems like opening it up on the ocean side is a natural outcome.

As to the Black Citadel; I agree. I never really liked that city as it looks like an industrial waste dump for the most part. Destroying it and having humanity help the charr rebuild it would help stabilize relations between humans and charr lore wise.

> > If LW was to destroy another city which would you choose? Personally Black Citadel as it's since a PITA to do completion in, even with gliding and mounts.

>

> I have done it 15 times, and it goes very fast, if you know your way around, and is fun (IMO).

>

> I would rather see The Grove rebuilt, because its visuals are totally overdone and thus plain awful. Less kitsch and glitter, please.

I agree, the grove is terrible. Black citadel is nice and unique

> @"Uden Reavstone.3426" said:

>

> I think it's the easiest. If we're going off of how easy it is to map complete, then either Rata Sum or the Grove. I can't navigate either one to save my life. Also, I'm a charr player who doesn't like the asura, so... But, as a chatt, I'd be happy if DR was destroyed. I also don't really care about Holebrek, so that can go. Anywhere but LA and the BC really.

The ice statues are great, please no.

BC its a great city.

DR has good architecture.

LA: Please its ugly.

RS: Creating a new city would take too much time.

The Grove: Dead to the pale tree=?

I'd love to see someone try to flatten Lion's Arch again, but this time they're ready. All of those disliked structures open up to reveal hidden weapons. Human cannons. Charr missile launchers. Asuran energy beams. Maybe even bring back that huge holographic dragon from Dragon Bash, but this time as a solid hologram and have it rip into some of the attackers.

DR have been partially rebuilt with the addition of crown pavilion + clockwork chaos, LA have been rebuilt after scarlet. So either BC, G, H or RS. I would go for Rata Sum, because that city isn't that much defended, only ground-defenses whereas at rata-primus they have anti-aerian cannons, and protective force shield. The cube can surely be cut in half very easily, and I'm curious about the rebuilding. Black citadel and hoelbrak are great no needs to destroy them. I like the grove architecture.

While not a "city" so much as an area, I'd vote for Ebonhawke... Burn it down, rebuild it as a real "city" and put the portal to whatever instance ANet decides we need for personal player space (housing, whatever.) Put crafting in the center, along with easily accessed TP and storage instead of spreading it out.

But, if I had to choose one of the existing hubs, I'd say Hoelbrak. It's a beautiful place, but things are so spread out and useless that nobody goes there. Rata Sum, The Grove and the others are frequented by everyone, but we need a REASON to go to Hoelbrak. Right now, the only people going there are Norn who want to do their personal story or everyone else for map complete. Wipe it out and give us a reason to go.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> I'd love to see someone try to flatten Lion's Arch again, but this time they're ready. All of those disliked structures open up to reveal hidden weapons. Human cannons. Charr missile launchers. Asuran energy beams. Maybe even bring back that huge holographic dragon from Dragon Bash, but this time as a solid hologram and have it rip into some of the attackers.

omg stop, I can only get so elated. :3

> @"Ashabhi.1365" said:

> While not a "city" so much as an area, I'd vote for Ebonhawke... Burn it down, rebuild it as a real "city" and put the portal to whatever instance ANet decides we need for personal player space (housing, whatever.) Put crafting in the center, along with easily accessed TP and storage instead of spreading it out.

>

> But, if I had to choose one of the existing hubs, I'd say Hoelbrak. It's a beautiful place, but things are so spread out and useless that nobody goes there. Rata Sum, The Grove and the others are frequented by everyone, but we need a REASON to go to Hoelbrak. Right now, the only people going there are Norn who want to do their personal story or everyone else for map complete. Wipe it out and give us a reason to go.

Take heed! I haven't taken leave of my sense. I've seen creatures of metal and steam!

> @"dannico.8567" said:

> Take heed! I haven't taken leave of my sense. I've seen creatures of metal and steam!

LOL! That's "senses" (plural), by the way. That Norn NPC always cracks me up. =)

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Please leave my beloved Ebonhawke out of it.

Indeed. I love its structure and architecture so much. Like DR, I would absolutely hate seeing it destroyed. It is one of the last classic Ascalonian architecture locations we still have.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> The Grove doesn't have to be destroyed

I didn't say destroyed per se, but it does need an overhaul. It's so ugly it hurts my eyes, except for the small hidden garden, which is beautiful - wish the whole "city" looked like that, just beautiful trees etc. and not funky blue growth with tons of glitter.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> I would have to say Amnoon

Whhhaaaaat? :o

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > The Grove doesn't have to be destroyed

>

> I didn't say destroyed per se, but it does need an overhaul. It's so ugly it hurts my eyes, except for the small hidden garden, which is beautiful - wish the whole "city" looked like that, just beautiful trees etc. and not funky blue growth with tons of glitter.

I don't think it's ugly. I like inside the Grove. I just wish it was expanded to include a beach, sylvari style huts on the beach and up on the cliffs overlooking the beach and a farm by the path to Caledon Forest.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I don't think it's ugly.

Well, it _is_ a question of personal taste after all. ;) Like I said, I find it cheesy and unpleasant to the eye. I would have preferred an "autumn colored forest" environment like in the secret garden that is hidden behind a pond in the Grove. The blue&green theme along with all the glitter and strange growth just isn't my cup of tea.

> I just wish it was expanded to include a beach, sylvari style huts on the beach and up on the cliffs overlooking the beach and a farm by the path to Caledon Forest.

I agree, a beach would have been a nice addition.