Disadvantageous spot in Temple of Silent Storm

Wilwynd.5798

Just finished a match in Temple of the Silent Storm map, and an obnoxious Scrapper Engineer was perched up on a brazier next to Gate. They were out of reach from all of the melee ranged attacks and we didn't have anyone with good long range DPS.

Please do something, like make it an actually fire with Nuke worthy damage to keep people off of those braziers. ![](https://i.imgur.com/2k7LMOz.jpg "")

I honestly can't decide if OP is a troll or this is the new average player level in PvP..

1) Literally anyone can get up there, it's called using your keyboard

2) He dies to any AoE

3) He is offpoint

4) Are you losing to a condi engi in 2018?

5) Dude you even have reflect on your bar why don't you use it..

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> I honestly can't decide if OP is a troll or this is the new average player level in PvP..

>

> 1) Literally anyone can get up there, it's called using your keyboard

>

> 2) He dies to any AoE

>

> 3) He is offpoint

>

> 4) Are you losing to a condi engi in 2018?

>

> 5) Dude you even have reflect on your bar why don't you use it..

This is the average player level these days.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> I honestly can't decide if OP is a troll or this is the new average player level in PvP..

>

> 1) Literally anyone can get up there, it's called using your keyboard

>

> 2) He dies to any AoE

>

> 3) He is offpoint

>

> 4) Are you losing to a condi engi in 2018?

>

> 5) Dude you even have reflect on your bar why don't you use it..

Nothing wrong with dying to a well played condi engi. Ive beaten a many of people on mine...even had a condi battle with scourge

Well, I got nothing against people getting up there, but I'm completely against fire that doesn't burn.

Every single torch, campfire, cauldron or any other source of intense heat or flames in every single instance, open world map, and the mists should cause the [Fire](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire_(effect) "Fire") effect. From the starting tutorial instances to the last raid and every single arena.

Well, except Lava, [lava has its own effect](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lava "lava has its own effect"). But of course, there's also lava that doesn't cause that effect. That needs to get fixed too.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> Well, I got nothing against people getting up there, but I'm completely against fire that doesn't burn.

>

> Every single torch, campfire, cauldron or any other source of intense heat or flames in every single instance, open world map, and the mists should cause the [Fire](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire_(effect) "Fire") effect. From the starting tutorial instances to the last raid and every single arena.

>

> Well, except Lava, [lava has its own effect](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lava "lava has its own effect"). But of course, there's also lava that doesn't cause that effect. That needs to get fixed too.

and I should be able to clear burn stacks by jumping into water but the game doesnt work this way lmao

**Nobody reads anymore**. My team was almost entirely comprised of melee range attackers. I did use Feedback, the Engineer just evades or absorbs it. Also, Considering I'd have to leave the point to climb up the stairs to then jump down, if I'm not chilled or crippled and nuked by the enemy team by that point, to end his obnoxious attacking is ridiculous in a Conquest Game Mode, where the object of the game is literally being on the point. The Engineer would set up camp and take shots from there. No one on my team was equipped to handle the heavy hitters on the enemy team **and** the annoyance of the Engineer out of attacking reach. **It is a disadvantageous spot**. This season is already difficult with wacky match ups, making this spot all the more frustrating.

_People love to jump to "flaming" insults before considering any of the points made. Welcome to the internet._

> @"Wilwynd.5798" said:

> **Nobody reads anymore**. My team was almost entirely comprised of melee range attackers. I did use Feedback, the Engineer just evades or absorbs it. Also, Considering I'd have to leave the point to climb up the stairs to then jump down, if I'm not chilled or crippled and nuked by the enemy team by that point, to end his obnoxious attacking is ridiculous in a Conquest Game Mode, where the object of the game is literally being on the point. The Engineer would set up camp and take shots from there. No one on my team was equipped to handle the heavy hitters on the enemy team **and** the annoyance of the Engineer out of attacking reach. **It is a disadvantageous spot**. This season is already difficult with wacky match ups, making this spot all the more frustrating.

Well, now you know exactly why people usually have a ranged weapon in their set. You, too, will pick up a greatsword or a staff as your secondary weapon, and this sort of thing won't ever happen to you again.

> @"Wilwynd.5798" said:

> **Nobody reads anymore**. My team was almost entirely comprised of melee range attackers. I did use Feedback, the Engineer just evades or absorbs it. Also, Considering I'd have to leave the point to climb up the stairs to then jump down, if I'm not chilled or crippled and nuked by the enemy team by that point, to end his obnoxious attacking is ridiculous in a Conquest Game Mode, where the object of the game is literally being on the point. The Engineer would set up camp and take shots from there. No one on my team was equipped to handle the heavy hitters on the enemy team **and** the annoyance of the Engineer out of attacking reach. **It is a disadvantageous spot**. This season is already difficult with wacky match ups, making this spot all the more frustrating.

> _People love to jump to "flaming" insults before considering any of the points made. Welcome to the internet._

There have been numerous suggestions listed in this thread on how to play around someone standing on the brazier. But by all means, ignore all of them and continue to complain about how you're too lazy to actually try any of them.

That brazier has been in the game since the map came out, you can AoE, ranged attack, reflect, go up there yourself, etc. etc. It's not broken, it's not cheating, it doesn't need to be removed.

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > I honestly can't decide if OP is a troll or this is the new average player level in PvP..

> >

> > 1) Literally anyone can get up there, it's called using your keyboard

> >

> > 2) He dies to any AoE

> >

> > 3) He is offpoint

> >

> > 5) Dude you even have reflect on your bar why don't you use it..

>

> This is the average player level these days.

This is why we can't have nice things.

(4 was fine, anyone decent enough can use condi engie to kill... but is rare in 2018)