New Trailer

yoni.7015

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just watched the A Bug In The System trailer and the new one again I don't understand why so many people prefer the first one. Sure it's got some cool visuals but it tells us almost nothing about the story we didn't already know at the end of Episode 1 - we're going to an Inquest base where they're working with the Awakened - and shows very little of the new map, only bits of the Inquest base which, aside from the Awakened corruption, looks like every other Inquest base. Unless I missed it we don't see the Olmakhan at all, or the Djinn meta-event.

Which means firstly, for me, this trailer is a lot better because I feel like it gives me a much clearer idea of what the story of this episode is about, which is the main thing I'm interested in. But also makes me think there could be a lot in Episode 4 we haven't seen or don't recognise yet. There's a lot of shots I couldn't place, other than it's clearly somewhere in Elona, so it's quite likely those are all on the new map. I'm 99% sure that whirlwind at the end is new, but I'm not sure what it actually is and it might just be in a cut scene.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> It was certainly a small step back in terms of showing off whats to come. We saw some of Sun's Refuge, Branded Awakened looking menacingly in our direction but nothing of the armor set, legendary or raid. Small look into the map at the last 10 seconds. The first trailer this season was awful and showed nothing, second one was amazing and showed everything, third one showed the cool things and this one went back to not showing anything, but on the quality level of the previous two.

Watch the video again, they show a lot more of the new map than just the last 10 seconds, but I'll let you figure out which other parts are the new map(they're interspersed with scenes from older maps, which might confuse people into thinking they're not showing anything new).

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

~snip~

>

> Just really hope we can soon wrap up season 4 and get into something actually new. I mean we went from Risen to Awakened and from one Dragon to the next and more branded stuff that keeps coming back as part of the theme. And well, I'll be interested to see how literal the title is for the trailer. That could be a satisfactory conclusion to the dragon saga.

>

~snip~

>

Episode 3 was the mid-point of season 4, which means we have 3 episodes left including number 4, so you can look forward to episodes 5 and 6 in Season 4 before we segue right into Season 5, which should lead into the next expansion.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > It was certainly a small step back in terms of showing off whats to come. We saw some of Sun's Refuge, Branded Awakened looking menacingly in our direction but nothing of the armor set, legendary or raid. Small look into the map at the last 10 seconds. The first trailer this season was awful and showed nothing, second one was amazing and showed everything, third one showed the cool things and this one went back to not showing anything, but on the quality level of the previous two.

>

> Watch the video again, they show a lot more of the new map than just the last 10 seconds, but I'll let you figure out which other parts are the new map(they're interspersed with scenes from older maps, which might confuse people into thinking they're not showing anything new).

>

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> ~snip~

> >

> > Just really hope we can soon wrap up season 4 and get into something actually new. I mean we went from Risen to Awakened and from one Dragon to the next and more branded stuff that keeps coming back as part of the theme. And well, I'll be interested to see how literal the title is for the trailer. That could be a satisfactory conclusion to the dragon saga.

> >

> ~snip~

> >

>

> Episode 3 was the mid-point of season 4, which means we have 3 episodes left including number 4, so you can look forward to episodes 5 and 6 in Season 4 before we segue right into Season 5, which should lead into the next expansion.

Yeah I've seen WPs video on it now and realized that but was too lazy to edit :D

Gotta say I'm a lot more hyped now after this. I didn't even notice how gorgeous Aurene looks with those crystals!

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> I've been saying this for MONTHS

>

> The Shatterer isn't unique, another one pops up every time the old one is killed so it was only a matter of time until a new one appears! And of course he would show parts of the additional magic! That's epic! I HOPE he becomes something on a world boss level, at the very least a huge deal on the new map. Please don't just be the final boss of our story this episode

But for this one, you'll have to break the CC bar five times in succession or everyone dies!

* Also, you'll need to complete Serpent's Ire to finish the collection for Xiuquatl, because this particular serpent needs to learn how to become angry before it can fulfill its potential as a legendary weapon. And nothing makes serpents quite so irate as like-minded players.

* This Zommoros raid needs to drop a precursor for every player who accidentally tossed one in the forge.

* And finally, the real question: who is the voice actor for Aurene?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Having just watched the A Bug In The System trailer and the new one again I don't understand why so many people prefer the first one. Sure it's got some cool visuals but it tells us almost nothing about the story we didn't already know at the end of Episode 1 - we're going to an Inquest base where they're working with the Awakened - and shows very little of the new map, only bits of the Inquest base which, aside from the Awakened corruption, looks like every other Inquest base. Unless I missed it we don't see the Olmakhan at all, or the Djinn meta-event.

>

> Which means firstly, for me, this trailer is a lot better because I feel like it gives me a much clearer idea of what the story of this episode is about, which is the main thing I'm interested in. But also makes me think there could be a lot in Episode 4 we haven't seen or don't recognise yet. There's a lot of shots I couldn't place, other than it's clearly somewhere in Elona, so it's quite likely those are all on the new map. I'm 99% sure that whirlwind at the end is new, but I'm not sure what it actually is and it might just be in a cut scene.

The atmosphere, the much higher production quality, the change in tone from the way the cast were introduced right into the dark side of the trailer - it was about setting a tone and one that was a bit different from what we have come to expect and really encapsulated the horror in a way the game is too limited to convey. They really thought about what they wanted the episode to feel like, took one key aspect of it and then told it in a very exciting and haunting way, without giving away anything. Then over the top, they ran that twisted iconic song which just brought it all together.

This was just basic trailer stuff - a bunch of cuts strewn together, many rehashed from older epsidoes with no real punch or excitement (to me). It lacked anything stylish to elevate it or to appeal to the imagination in the way ep2 did. Now, the same could be said of ep1 and ep3 and that would be fair, however they did try and encompass other things and a few set pieces. For example ep3 showed the fractal and the mastery and did so by some very neat camera angles of the riding the beetle. Ep4 didn't even show the legendary, the raid or anything but Aurene, some people standing in the new map and scenes we've experienced before

That's my take, everyone will vary, but for me there's is no contest in the two. Ep2 trailer is by far superior in every way and it isn't even remotely close. I'm sure plenty feel the opposite

The Episode 4 trailer makes it seem like we're being told what the story will focus on, but there's nothing much that can be said about what happens this episode without giving everything away.

Episode 2 had a relatively convoluted plot, so maybe it could get away with a bit more exposition in the trailer.

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > I've been saying this for MONTHS

> >

> > The Shatterer isn't unique, another one pops up every time the old one is killed so it was only a matter of time until a new one appears! And of course he would show parts of the additional magic! That's epic! I HOPE he becomes something on a world boss level, at the very least a huge deal on the new map. Please don't just be the final boss of our story this episode

>

> But for this one, you'll have to break the CC bar five times in succession or everyone dies!

>

> * Also, you'll need to complete Serpent's Ire to finish the collection for Xiuquatl, because this particular serpent needs to learn how to become angry before it can fulfill its potential as a legendary weapon. And nothing makes serpents quite so irate as like-minded players.

>

> * This Zommoros raid needs to drop a precursor for every player who accidentally tossed one in the forge.

>

> * And finally, the real question: who is the voice actor for Aurene?

I had a thought, id love it if the voice for aurene was the VA of Ahsoka (Clone Wars if you don't recognize the name)

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Hey! Pants! And simple, nice looking lines. Not overly crazy looking. I think the armor skins might be in line with what some folks were asking for.

:+1: I wish my Ranger could use the light set, but apart from that little thorn in my side, I am overwhelmed by these well designed new sets. :)

Edit: Perhaps we spoke to soon about the buttcape?

![](https://i.imgur.com/2nb7QZD.png "")

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I wanted to peek but it was a zip file and I had no idea what software to tell Windows to use to open it (my guess of Media Player was a failure).

This: https://www.7-zip.org/

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > Yes. It is on their official youtube channel.

> > > How can they release something everyone wants so badly in such anticlimactic way is beyond me. But I am so happy that something is happening finally.

> >

> > what is anticlimatic about it?

> > I released it (a day later than usual) on all the usual platforms?

> > Where did you expect the announcement apart from the places where it always is?

> > It's always on their YT, and announcement on reddit and twitter, Dulfy instant update, and after 23 minutes and 48 seconds a wooden potato's frame by frame discussion

>

> I think most people were looking forward the trailer on Tuesday at around gem store update time. After I lost hope for the trailer release during this week, it arrived in form of "some article on the internet with trailer in it".

Sure, they were a day late..

but there's nothing different from the format in which they released it.

Maybe you just happened to see it in "some article on the internet" first, but it's quite literally all over the place.

If you're active on youtube, you'll see it there, first.

If you check dulfy occassionally, you'll see it there first.

So, sorry for asking again, but I honestly fail to see how any of this is anticlimatic if it's literally the same as ALL the previous episode announcements?

(apart from being a day late)

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > Having just watched the A Bug In The System trailer and the new one again I don't understand why so many people prefer the first one. Sure it's got some cool visuals but it tells us almost nothing about the story we didn't already know at the end of Episode 1 - we're going to an Inquest base where they're working with the Awakened - and shows very little of the new map, only bits of the Inquest base which, aside from the Awakened corruption, looks like every other Inquest base. Unless I missed it we don't see the Olmakhan at all, or the Djinn meta-event.

> >

> > Which means firstly, for me, this trailer is a lot better because I feel like it gives me a much clearer idea of what the story of this episode is about, which is the main thing I'm interested in. But also makes me think there could be a lot in Episode 4 we haven't seen or don't recognise yet. There's a lot of shots I couldn't place, other than it's clearly somewhere in Elona, so it's quite likely those are all on the new map. I'm 99% sure that whirlwind at the end is new, but I'm not sure what it actually is and it might just be in a cut scene.

>

> The atmosphere, the much higher production quality, the change in tone from the way the cast were introduced right into the dark side of the trailer - it was about setting a tone and one that was a bit different from what we have come to expect and really encapsulated the horror in a way the game is too limited to convey. They really thought about what they wanted the episode to feel like, took one key aspect of it and then told it in a very exciting and haunting way, without giving away anything. Then over the top, they ran that twisted iconic song which just brought it all together.

>

> This was just basic trailer stuff - a bunch of cuts strewn together, many rehashed from older epsidoes with no real punch or excitement (to me). It lacked anything stylish to elevate it or to appeal to the imagination in the way ep2 did. Now, the same could be said of ep1 and ep3 and that would be fair, however they did try and encompass other things and a few set pieces. For example ep3 showed the fractal and the mastery and did so by some very neat camera angles of the riding the beetle. Ep4 didn't even show the legendary, the raid or anything but Aurene, some people standing in the new map and scenes we've experienced before

>

> That's my take, everyone will vary, but for me there's is no contest in the two. Ep2 trailer is by far superior in every way and it isn't even remotely close. I'm sure plenty feel the opposite

So I guess it's about expectations then. I'm not looking for a trailer to be entertaining in it's own right, just to tell me what I'm going to get from whatever it's advertising. Honestly my preference would be a written article with screenshots and maybe video clips for things which can't be shown in a static image, but video seems to be the way the whole internet is going so I guess I'm in the minority there.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > @"cryorion.9532" said:

> > > > Yes. It is on their official youtube channel.

> > > > How can they release something everyone wants so badly in such anticlimactic way is beyond me. But I am so happy that something is happening finally.

> > >

> > > what is anticlimatic about it?

> > > I released it (a day later than usual) on all the usual platforms?

> > > Where did you expect the announcement apart from the places where it always is?

> > > It's always on their YT, and announcement on reddit and twitter, Dulfy instant update, and after 23 minutes and 48 seconds a wooden potato's frame by frame discussion

> >

> > I think most people were looking forward the trailer on Tuesday at around gem store update time. After I lost hope for the trailer release during this week, it arrived in form of "some article on the internet with trailer in it".

>

> Sure, they were a day late..

> but there's nothing different from the format in which they released it.

> Maybe you just happened to see it in "some article on the internet" first, but it's quite literally all over the place.

> If you're active on youtube, you'll see it there, first.

> If you check dulfy occassionally, you'll see it there first.

>

> So, sorry for asking again, but I honestly fail to see how any of this is anticlimatic if it's literally the same as ALL the previous episode announcements?

> (apart from being a day late)

If you fail to understand it from my previous replies, then I don't think I can explain it better to you.

As hyped as I am I really really hope we finally get rid of krallatorrik. I always disliked the branded theme and foes so I hope this is the last time we get to see this. We now got branded awakened lul

I assume we will deal with him in the final of season 4 though.

I appreciate a lot all the things that are coming with this episode though, it finally feels like this won’t be an episode we are through with in 1h and never visit again, without really knowing anything yet I can see myself spending a lot of time on the new map etc.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> If you'd like a Spoiler, here's one. Aurene is using Griffon idle animation, which to me suggests we're finally going to ride her.

She already does that. At the beginning of LS4E2 in Sandswept Isles, you go to talk to her, and I sat next to her on my Griffon. She was the same length as Griffy, give or take some variations due to character scale, and as I watched, she did the same "stretch" animation that Griffy did, separated by a couple of seconds (blind coincidence).

> @"Ghostrider.6879" said:

> Well, when you don't hype it at all, then everything is a pleasant surprise.

> After all the is a start/set up of a semi-new plot, I wouldn't expect any major reveal or showdown.

Well tgats a fair point. A teaser to the new stuff wouldve been cool though like a close up from one armor piece while worn or the new footprint of the new legy without revealing what weapon it actuallly is etc.

But what hyped me the more is that non-branded awakened standing alive without any issues in a sunspear sanctuary (1st version of the video), Joko's dead but awakened still alive, maybe they will became friend with us? dunno... but then that's scare me, all awakened are still there... awakened inquest... awakened canids... abobinations.... also these new branded awakened are spooky! :) Very impatient, wasn't a very good trailer, but still, promising.

> @"Fremtid.3528" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Fremtid.3528" said:

> > > Boo! Scepter. That means longbow will be one of the very very last things released.

> >

> > Im kinda happy about this as im not ready for it yet ?

>

> I've had the stuff ready for Gen. 2 (2.5?) longbow for at least 2 releases now. Get with it son ;)

Yeah but I'm working on the gen 1 focus and spear, one of which may get ditched for that sceptre if it matches any of my toons