Condition damage professions for open world PVE contents

BlueJin.4127

I know that power builds are preferred for open world PVE contents but I would still like to have 3 condition damage professions. Which 3 professions would you say are best for doing condition damage for open world PVE contents?

I'm currently trying a minion master Necromancer and I'm really enjoying it. It's really fun and I don't seem to have problems tagging mobs for daily event completer. I also read that Mirage Mesmer is a good choice.

If you're just looking to pew pew everything down with conditions, either Ranger or Revenant(as Renegade), both with shortbow, and wear a condition-heavy full-glass set like Viper or Rampager if you can't afford the cost of a Viper set.

You'll destroy everything in your path easily but its mostly limited to one enemy at a time.

If you want to handle mass swarms of enemies and tank everything while doing condi damage, Elementalist (100% burn duration build) or Necromancer (max Expertise), either playing as Reaper with Greatsword and Blind+Chill+Bleed synergy, or as Scourge.

Firebrand can also run very specific burn builds and do 2-4k passive burning (AoE) and 25k-30k burn bursts.

There are plenty of professions that you can use condition builds, but the 4 best condition professions in my opinion are engineer, mesmer, ranger and necromancer.

I wouldn't recommend core engineer because while it is the profession that has the best condition damage if played right with 4 kits, it is also the most difficult profession in the game with large skill rotations that need a lot of memorization. Go with the other 3 professions if you prefer easier rotations.

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> I know that power builds are preferred for open world PVE contents but I would still like to have 3 condition damage professions. Which 3 professions would you say are best for doing condition damage for open world PVE contents?

>

> I'm currently trying a minion master Necromancer and I'm really enjoying it. It's really fun and I don't seem to have problems tagging mobs for daily event completer. I also read that Mirage Mesmer is a good choice.

The answer to this question depends on the type of content you play the most in the open world, and what your intentions are. If, based on your opening post, you are more concerned with tagging mobs during events, you'll want something that deals large AOE damage, condition or otherwise. Builds that do this very well would be the Renegade with Shortbow. Shortbow attacks pierce, making Seven Shot ideal for enemies that are lined up, while other skills like Unyielding Anguish, and Icerazor's Ire create lingering zones of damage to help tag more enemies. By tweaking your play style a little, this build also works well while solo adventuring, too.