Sigil of Nullification issue

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > > @"Chesterakos.2804" said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> > > > > At the very least, the superior sigil of nullification should be craftable via either a recipe, or **via random major** and superior **sigils being chucked in the mystic forge.**

> > > >

> > > > This is precisely how it works currently.

> > > > 4 Major sigils have an approx 20% change to generate a random Superior.

> > > >

> > > > The specific likelyhood of this being Nullification isn't established, but from my (*not* statistically relevant) experience is that the possible outcomes are basically even.

> > >

> > > I think I can answer that. According to the official Sigil wiki page there are approximately 82 different sigils. That brings us to a possibility of approximately 2% to get a Sigil of Nullification.

> > >

> > > My math may be a bit off but I don't suspect that much off. Feel free to correct me. I took some liberties rounding up.

> >

> > 1/82 is not 2% but rather ~1,2% so if you approximate it to the nearest whole number you could say 1% not 2%. Include the 20% chance to even get an exotic sigil at all and you have a ~0,24% chance to get a sigil of nullification with four rare sigils. That means one out of every ~400 tries will yield you a sigil of nullification. And again that means you need around 10k tries at the mystic forge with rare sigils to get the desired 25 nullification sigils.

>

> Yeah, I don't think people actually did any math before suggesting this method for obtaining the sigils really because even if you were paying 1.5s for the Major sigils, and you have average "luck" on your rolls, ie statistically accurate, it's still 600G to make them via the forge... But at current prices, that's more like 800G to forge 25 of them...

>

> LOL

>

> Just put a kitten NPC in LA that accepts any sigil in exchange for the SSoNullification.

you don't need 40k sigils as you have an 80% chance to get a rare sigil back. So you "only" need around 32k (128 stacks) rare sigils. Which would be 480 gold (at 1.5 s each) and tons of time to throw it all into the forge. One sigil of nullification would cost you 19.2 g that way. That is simply ridiculous.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a hasty decision was made to pick the sigil. Did someone not look at the market and/or how to obtain it? I think someone forgot/didn't realize this. Do I think that the someone sat in their chair going "dang!" right after shipment? Sure. I think an honest goof happened. Do I think a fix will come? Sure; do I also think one will not come? Sure on that as well -- both have equal weight, I hope and I grieve. Do I want a fix to come? Heck yes, duh!!! If one doesn't come, I'll just take my vanity and put my heart towards another skin.

Some designer put their heart into designing the skin, I do not think they will want their hard work to be stuck behind an economic wall. If I worked hard for something, giving it to people, I do want it obtainable and I would want people to work for it, but I do not/would not want it stuck behind an impossible feat/test. If persons put my work behind an impossible test, I would fight for the players. But alas, I did not work on/decide on this. I just **hope** that a genuine concern/passion exists, to see players running around in/for what was created. (Of course, the same for individuals working on dialogue, story, item creation, and instance manipulation.) If any of the aforementioned persons play (casually or otherwise) the game, I would like to know what they think the price would be for their work (of course, not the irl, take-home, income, they already receive for their work lol. I kind of feel for the later but hope for the former lol). I just apologize to the aforementioned, I do not believe the story, achievement, skin is worth more than 50g.

Guys, fighting over _your_ way to fix this issue is not something, I think, the Devs wanna touch -- and, so, they will choose to ignore replying to these threads. Do I think the Devs are ignoring threads like these because it's a bunch of glorified economists fighting in here? Yes. Persons will fix this and it's not going to be what you expected -- it's not going to get us to what _you_ (or I) think was the status quo before all economic-hell broke loose. For me, I only care if they fix this without another issue right behind it. (This is the same feeling I had over the mount skin RNG issue.)

**I just ask that ANet realize that we, the players, sit here and ask for an honest fix (ignore the suggestions on how) and it not exorbitant or unobtainable, like the current situation.**

(edited for spelling error)

> @"jguerin.8261" said:

> I believe a hasty decision was made to pick the sigil. Did someone not look at the market and/or how to obtain it? I think someone forgot/didn't realize this. Do I think that the someone sat in their chair going "dang!" right after shipment? Sure. I think an honest goof happened. Do I think a fix will come? Sure; do I also think one will not come? Sure on that as well -- both have equal weight, I hope and I grieve. Do I want a fix to come? Heck yes, duh!!! If one doesn't come, I'll just take my vanity and put my heart towards another skin.

>

> Some designer put their heart into designing the skin, I do not think they will want their hard work to be stuck behind an economic wall. If I worked hard for something, giving it to people, I do want it obtainable and I would want people to work for it, but I do not/would not want it stuck behind an impossible feet/test. If persons put my work behind an impossible test, I would fight for the players. But alas, I did not work on/decide on this. I just **hope** that a genuine concern/passion exists, to see players running around in/for what was created. (Of course, the same for individuals working on dialogue, story, item creation, and instance manipulation.) If any of the aforementioned persons play (casually or otherwise) the game, I would like to know what they think the price would be for their work (of course, not the irl, take-home, income, they already receive for their work lol. I kind of feel for the later but hope for the former lol). I just apologize to the aforementioned, I do not believe the story, achievement, skin is worth more than 50g.

>

> Guys, fighting over _your_ way to fix this issue is not something, I think, the Devs wanna touch -- and, so, they will choose to ignore replying to these threads. Do I think the Devs are ignoring threads like these because it's a bunch of glorified economists fighting in here? Yes. Persons will fix this and it's not going to be what you expected -- it's not going to get us to what _you_ (or I) think was the status quo before all economic-hell broke loose. For me, I only care if they fix this without another issue right behind it. (This is the same feeling I had over the mount skin RNG issue.)

>

> **I just ask that ANet realize that we, the players, sit here and ask for an honest fix (ignore the suggestions on how) and it not exorbitant or unobtainable, like the current situation.**

The skins are not locked behind impossible feats or tests.

Should ascended and legendary gear, as well as all gemstore skins, be buyable, without crafting, for no more than the 50g you mention?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"jguerin.8261" said:

> > I believe a hasty decision was made to pick the sigil. Did someone not look at the market and/or how to obtain it? I think someone forgot/didn't realize this. Do I think that the someone sat in their chair going "dang!" right after shipment? Sure. I think an honest goof happened. Do I think a fix will come? Sure; do I also think one will not come? Sure on that as well -- both have equal weight, I hope and I grieve. Do I want a fix to come? Heck yes, duh!!! If one doesn't come, I'll just take my vanity and put my heart towards another skin.

> >

> > Some designer put their heart into designing the skin, I do not think they will want their hard work to be stuck behind an economic wall. If I worked hard for something, giving it to people, I do want it obtainable and I would want people to work for it, but I do not/would not want it stuck behind an impossible feet/test. If persons put my work behind an impossible test, I would fight for the players. But alas, I did not work on/decide on this. I just **hope** that a genuine concern/passion exists, to see players running around in/for what was created. (Of course, the same for individuals working on dialogue, story, item creation, and instance manipulation.) If any of the aforementioned persons play (casually or otherwise) the game, I would like to know what they think the price would be for their work (of course, not the irl, take-home, income, they already receive for their work lol. I kind of feel for the later but hope for the former lol). I just apologize to the aforementioned, I do not believe the story, achievement, skin is worth more than 50g.

> >

> > Guys, fighting over _your_ way to fix this issue is not something, I think, the Devs wanna touch -- and, so, they will choose to ignore replying to these threads. Do I think the Devs are ignoring threads like these because it's a bunch of glorified economists fighting in here? Yes. Persons will fix this and it's not going to be what you expected -- it's not going to get us to what _you_ (or I) think was the status quo before all economic-hell broke loose. For me, I only care if they fix this without another issue right behind it. (This is the same feeling I had over the mount skin RNG issue.)

> >

> > **I just ask that ANet realize that we, the players, sit here and ask for an honest fix (ignore the suggestions on how) and it not exorbitant or unobtainable, like the current situation.**

>

> The skins are not locked behind impossible feats or tests.

>

> Should ascended and legendary gear, as well as all gemstore skins, be buyable, without crafting, for no more than the 50g you mention?

These are exotic skins, not ascended or legendary.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"jguerin.8261" said:

> > > I believe a hasty decision was made to pick the sigil. Did someone not look at the market and/or how to obtain it? I think someone forgot/didn't realize this. Do I think that the someone sat in their chair going "dang!" right after shipment? Sure. I think an honest goof happened. Do I think a fix will come? Sure; do I also think one will not come? Sure on that as well -- both have equal weight, I hope and I grieve. Do I want a fix to come? Heck yes, duh!!! If one doesn't come, I'll just take my vanity and put my heart towards another skin.

> > >

> > > Some designer put their heart into designing the skin, I do not think they will want their hard work to be stuck behind an economic wall. If I worked hard for something, giving it to people, I do want it obtainable and I would want people to work for it, but I do not/would not want it stuck behind an impossible feet/test. If persons put my work behind an impossible test, I would fight for the players. But alas, I did not work on/decide on this. I just **hope** that a genuine concern/passion exists, to see players running around in/for what was created. (Of course, the same for individuals working on dialogue, story, item creation, and instance manipulation.) If any of the aforementioned persons play (casually or otherwise) the game, I would like to know what they think the price would be for their work (of course, not the irl, take-home, income, they already receive for their work lol. I kind of feel for the later but hope for the former lol). I just apologize to the aforementioned, I do not believe the story, achievement, skin is worth more than 50g.

> > >

> > > Guys, fighting over _your_ way to fix this issue is not something, I think, the Devs wanna touch -- and, so, they will choose to ignore replying to these threads. Do I think the Devs are ignoring threads like these because it's a bunch of glorified economists fighting in here? Yes. Persons will fix this and it's not going to be what you expected -- it's not going to get us to what _you_ (or I) think was the status quo before all economic-hell broke loose. For me, I only care if they fix this without another issue right behind it. (This is the same feeling I had over the mount skin RNG issue.)

> > >

> > > **I just ask that ANet realize that we, the players, sit here and ask for an honest fix (ignore the suggestions on how) and it not exorbitant or unobtainable, like the current situation.**

> >

> > The skins are not locked behind impossible feats or tests.

> >

> > Should ascended and legendary gear, as well as all gemstore skins, be buyable, without crafting, for no more than the 50g you mention?

>

> These are exotic skins, not ascended or legendary.

So?

Ascended and legendary, none of which look as good as the new armor, should cost no more than the 50g mentioned. I also mentioned skins.

How is a skin exotic?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

>

> The skins are not locked behind impossible feats or tests.

>

> Should ascended and legendary gear, as well as all gemstore skins, be buyable, without crafting, for no more than the 50g you mention?

I'm sorry, does any synonym of "impossible" suit better in it's place?: unreasonable, objectionable, difficult, awkward; intolerable, unbearable, unendurable; exasperating, maddening, infuriating, irritating. Same for "feat"?: achievement, accomplishment, attainment, coup, triumph; undertaking, enterprise, venture, operation, exercise, endeavor, effort, performance, exploit. And, while my feat/test complaint is regarding the topic at hand, I meant it more generally. However, applied to the topic at hand, tens of thousands of players, now and within the near future (you can assume the timeline), can attest that they do not and will never have the funds to obtain the skins.

And I'm sorry, can you re-type your question? I am kind of lost, are you asking for an opinion? Need me to clarify or expound something? Just lemme know.

> @"jguerin.8261" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> >

> > The skins are not locked behind impossible feats or tests.

> >

> > Should ascended and legendary gear, as well as all gemstore skins, be buyable, without crafting, for no more than the 50g you mention?

>

> I'm sorry, does any synonym of "impossible" suit better in it's place?: unreasonable, objectionable, difficult, awkward; intolerable, unbearable, unendurable; exasperating, maddening, infuriating, irritating. Same for "feat"?: achievement, accomplishment, attainment, coup, triumph; undertaking, enterprise, venture, operation, exercise, endeavor, effort, performance, exploit. And, while my feat/test complaint is regarding the topic at hand, I meant it more generally. However, applied to the topic at hand, tens of thousands of players, now and within the near future (you can assume the timeline), can attest that they do not and will never have the funds to obtain the skins.

>

> And I'm sorry, can you re-type your question? I am kind of lost, are you asking for an opinion? Need me to clarify or expound something? Just lemme know.

>

>

OK, so not impossible, just not desirable to you. Like visiting Red Lobster for me. I could go there, but dont want to.

Sure, your opinion on my question. Should all armor, heck lets throw in weapons as well, including legendaries, ascended, gemstore skins, etc be 50g or less? Hmm, Id rather pay 5g than 50 for that matter.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"jguerin.8261" said:

> > > > I believe a hasty decision was made to pick the sigil. Did someone not look at the market and/or how to obtain it? I think someone forgot/didn't realize this. Do I think that the someone sat in their chair going "dang!" right after shipment? Sure. I think an honest goof happened. Do I think a fix will come? Sure; do I also think one will not come? Sure on that as well -- both have equal weight, I hope and I grieve. Do I want a fix to come? Heck yes, duh!!! If one doesn't come, I'll just take my vanity and put my heart towards another skin.

> > > >

> > > > Some designer put their heart into designing the skin, I do not think they will want their hard work to be stuck behind an economic wall. If I worked hard for something, giving it to people, I do want it obtainable and I would want people to work for it, but I do not/would not want it stuck behind an impossible feet/test. If persons put my work behind an impossible test, I would fight for the players. But alas, I did not work on/decide on this. I just **hope** that a genuine concern/passion exists, to see players running around in/for what was created. (Of course, the same for individuals working on dialogue, story, item creation, and instance manipulation.) If any of the aforementioned persons play (casually or otherwise) the game, I would like to know what they think the price would be for their work (of course, not the irl, take-home, income, they already receive for their work lol. I kind of feel for the later but hope for the former lol). I just apologize to the aforementioned, I do not believe the story, achievement, skin is worth more than 50g.

> > > >

> > > > Guys, fighting over _your_ way to fix this issue is not something, I think, the Devs wanna touch -- and, so, they will choose to ignore replying to these threads. Do I think the Devs are ignoring threads like these because it's a bunch of glorified economists fighting in here? Yes. Persons will fix this and it's not going to be what you expected -- it's not going to get us to what _you_ (or I) think was the status quo before all economic-hell broke loose. For me, I only care if they fix this without another issue right behind it. (This is the same feeling I had over the mount skin RNG issue.)

> > > >

> > > > **I just ask that ANet realize that we, the players, sit here and ask for an honest fix (ignore the suggestions on how) and it not exorbitant or unobtainable, like the current situation.**

> > >

> > > The skins are not locked behind impossible feats or tests.

> > >

> > > Should ascended and legendary gear, as well as all gemstore skins, be buyable, without crafting, for no more than the 50g you mention?

> >

> > These are exotic skins, not ascended or legendary.

>

> So?

>

> Ascended and legendary, none of which look as good as the new armor, should cost no more than the 50g mentioned. I also mentioned skins.

>

> How is a skin exotic?

Good question. Ask Anet, it’s how they assigned the skin.