Sigil of Nullification issue

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > @"Cregath.7628" said:

> > Tbh there is no situation, just people who don't think the collection's reward is valuable enough compared to the gold needed. Personally, I bought the Sigils already for 125g overall. I needed to sell some stuff, but I knew the price is gonna jump up so I got it ASAP. Wait a month or so and the price is going to go down again if it's not worth it for you now. People who are willing to pay and give in will soon buy enough of this item. Also some people will give up and others will keep looking at it hoping the price goes down. When those happen, demand decreases and the price will drop as people will be in panic to sell it right now before their investment will be too much compared to the sell price. Like always. So yeah, 1-2 months and it will be a much lower price.

> > [superior Sigil of Nullification on GW2TP](https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification "https://gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification")

> > As you can see here the price somewhat stabilised right now. Demand saw a big spike at some point then it fell with the sudden spike of price then it got normal too. That means that those who don't want to pay that much already stopped buying/selling. Some people provide a stable supply. And there are still people buying it at that price. At this point the demand will get lower slowly as people who pay that much slowly dwindle like I said before. That means less people will buy it as well, so the items sits for longer on TP. When this length gets noticable the more panicky sellers will start undercutting. Some people will jump on the chance to buy it cheaper so demand will stay stable there. And this will keep repeating until it reaches a healthy price. Whether you have to patience or not is another question.

> > If you buy everything off of TP at this moment then the whole 3 sets cost 328g. As a result you get 3 sets of new skins and a set of Ascended Armor. Now a full set of Ascended Armor via crafting costs ~210g (coming from the average price of the Ascended Insignias and not counting anything else). So you basically pay ~118g for 3 sets of armor skins. So if a single set of armor skin isn't worth 305g for you (by removing the cost of the 2 other sets of skins), then just simply don't buy it.

> >

> > If you want to discuss a "situation" then it's people feeling entitled to have something right now, instead of farming it or investing into at all. And sadly that is something affecting all parts of the game. It wouldn't be much of "Achievement" now if you just bought everything needed off of the TP for 5g overall and got the whole thing in 30 minutes.

>

> this seems fair, i didnt know the armor was ascedent. and is very "shiny". so we have a shiny set of ascedent around 300g. nothing to complain.

They’re complaining because some got it for cheaper.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > > @"Cregath.7628" said:

> > > Tbh there is no situation, just people who don't think the collection's reward is valuable enough compared to the gold needed. Personally, I bought the Sigils already for 125g overall. I needed to sell some stuff, but I knew the price is gonna jump up so I got it ASAP. Wait a month or so and the price is going to go down again if it's not worth it for you now. People who are willing to pay and give in will soon buy enough of this item. Also some people will give up and others will keep looking at it hoping the price goes down. When those happen, demand decreases and the price will drop as people will be in panic to sell it right now before their investment will be too much compared to the sell price. Like always. So yeah, 1-2 months and it will be a much lower price.

> > > [superior Sigil of Nullification on GW2TP](https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification "https://gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification")

> > > As you can see here the price somewhat stabilised right now. Demand saw a big spike at some point then it fell with the sudden spike of price then it got normal too. That means that those who don't want to pay that much already stopped buying/selling. Some people provide a stable supply. And there are still people buying it at that price. At this point the demand will get lower slowly as people who pay that much slowly dwindle like I said before. That means less people will buy it as well, so the items sits for longer on TP. When this length gets noticable the more panicky sellers will start undercutting. Some people will jump on the chance to buy it cheaper so demand will stay stable there. And this will keep repeating until it reaches a healthy price. Whether you have to patience or not is another question.

> > > If you buy everything off of TP at this moment then the whole 3 sets cost 328g. As a result you get 3 sets of new skins and a set of Ascended Armor. Now a full set of Ascended Armor via crafting costs ~210g (coming from the average price of the Ascended Insignias and not counting anything else). So you basically pay ~118g for 3 sets of armor skins. So if a single set of armor skin isn't worth 305g for you (by removing the cost of the 2 other sets of skins), then just simply don't buy it.

> > >

> > > If you want to discuss a "situation" then it's people feeling entitled to have something right now, instead of farming it or investing into at all. And sadly that is something affecting all parts of the game. It wouldn't be much of "Achievement" now if you just bought everything needed off of the TP for 5g overall and got the whole thing in 30 minutes.

> >

> > this seems fair, i didnt know the armor was ascedent. and is very "shiny". so we have a shiny set of ascedent around 300g. nothing to complain.

>

> They’re complaining because some got it for cheaper.

This is my issue, yes, which is why I feel like it was a poor design choice on Anet. If they wanted it to be expensive, then require the mist item you get from vendors to be 50 gold a pop. This wasn’t the case.

Instead we have some people who crafted the armor with sigil for less then a gold, and anything in between up to it’s current price of 274 gold.

That’s my beef.

I bought sigils when they were 1.5g , I tought it was quite expensive but I said "Meh I'll pay, I want new shiny, I'll farm later to make the golds back".

Now I'm so glad I did so....I'm just sad I bougth only 25 for achi, I should have bougth a stack of them, now I would be rich xD

First Requiem armor is just an **exotic skin** not an armor ! To go deeper if you compare to an ascended or even a legendary armor, those two are craftable by yourself without using the TP.

Here, what can you do ? No way to craft or spend time to get this by yourself, you only depend of the TP.

We come back at time where you only depend luck or TP to buy precursor. Wait ! They change that to avoid player depending luck and TP !

I hope we will have news soon, even a message from anet to say yes or no .... It's very strange: it's the most commented and viewed post in this section but still not an answer.

> @"Lascax.2163" said:

> Even if they think it's not an issue, let just us know.

We already know it's not ... it's not like this is the first instance of Anet making a decision affecting the price of mats people want on the TP. And in some cases, Anet DID make changes to availability. The response is ... game history.

> @"Dedicant.6820" said:

> What is the point of even hosting events like this if they won't even comment on one of the most significant(controversial?) impacts of the update?

Same as above ... there isn't a need to comment. Even if they did, would you walk away thinking "Oh OK ..."

This is the most viewed and commented question in this event so yeah obviously for many people it IS an issue and that also means it's something anet needs to comment on. Otherwise what's the point in the community raising any concerns ever? No you're right we should just praise everything anet does and be quiet about the things that went wrong. /s

> @"Chesterakos.2804" said:

> It's not ascended. Requiem armor is only a skin. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

>

I very much know what I'm talking about. ^^

You know there is a collection after you get all 3 sets right? And that it rewards a whole set of ascended.

Also the also the 2nd and 3rd set of armor skins costs a trivial 375 Misthingienium and 75 Ecto. So yeah. You basically only pay for the first set of skins.

Honestly though, I too don't understand why I don't get every achievement and item in the game just by logging in on release day. It's a mystery to me.

Any chance the sigil and amalgamated gemstones could be added to the Jahai Bluffs reward tracks in PvP and WvW? That or have to complete something to get a recipe to make the sigil. The daily Pact Supply should have the recipe as an option as well. There should be quite a few creative ways to be able to work to obtain the sigil other than the limited means we have right now.

> @"Cregath.7628" said:

> > @"Chesterakos.2804" said:

> > It's not ascended. Requiem armor is only a skin. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

> >

>

> I very much know what I'm talking about. ^^

> You know there is a collection after you get all 3 sets right? And that it rewards a whole set of ascended.

> Also the also the 2nd and 3rd set of armor skins costs a trivial 375 Misthingienium and 75 Ecto. So yeah. You basically only pay for the first set of skins.

> Honestly though, I too don't understand why I don't get every achievement and item in the game just by logging in on release day. It's a mystery to me.

It awards a single piece, not a set.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Cregath.7628" said:

> > > @"Chesterakos.2804" said:

> > > It's not ascended. Requiem armor is only a skin. That dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

> > >

> >

> > I very much know what I'm talking about. ^^

> > You know there is a collection after you get all 3 sets right? And that it rewards a whole set of ascended.

> > Also the also the 2nd and 3rd set of armor skins costs a trivial 375 Misthingienium and 75 Ecto. So yeah. You basically only pay for the first set of skins.

> > Honestly though, I too don't understand why I don't get every achievement and item in the game just by logging in on release day. It's a mystery to me.

>

> It awards a single piece, not a set.

The wording is a little weird on the collection, but I imagine it’s just the one piece as it usually is.

> @"Dedicant.6820" said:

> This is the most viewed and commented question in this event so yeah obviously for many people it IS an issue and that also means it's something anet needs to comment on. Otherwise what's the point in the community raising any concerns ever? No you're right we should just praise everything anet does and be quiet about the things that went wrong. /s

Hold on ... Anet doesn't need to comment on anything they don't want to and if history is any clue, the last thing Anet is going to do is say something that will ACTUALLY allow people to take advantage of others on the market. Let's get real here. Raise your concerns, but make no mistake, do not assume how you think means you are on the side of what should be done to fix the 'problem'. Don't even assume there is a problem here in the first place.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Dedicant.6820" said:

> > This is the most viewed and commented question in this event so yeah obviously for many people it IS an issue and that also means it's something anet needs to comment on. Otherwise what's the point in the community raising any concerns ever? No you're right we should just praise everything anet does and be quiet about the things that went wrong. /s

>

> Hold on ... Anet doesn't need to comment on anything they don't want to and if history is any clue, the last thing Anet is going to do is say something that will ACTUALLY allow people to take advantage of others on the market.

Didn’t that already happen though?

Did I say I have a solution to the problem? Did I say this is definitely a problem in anets eyes? No. If anet doesn't comment on what is perceived as an issue by a large portion of their consumers we have no idea if this was a deliberate outcome or a mistake due to incompetence and lack of forethought. I don't care AT ALL if you or I like or don't like the state of things. I and many others want to hear anets side of the story. I think they'd rather not appear incompetent to their audience, competitors and prospective new customers who hear about things like this. Like I said this is the most talked about thing from the patch in this event and it was ignored, that is more than a little disheartening and puts a damper on an otherwise successful update.