Sigil of Nullification issue

I think that most of us already know, but this uncraftable sigil has been acquiring a very high value since the release of the patch due to the upgradeable Armor requirements.

Will it be changed? Will we have a recipe? Is ArenaNet taking any actions toward it's availability? It would be a shame that this armor, which is a main content of this patch, would be so highly expensive when other times it was not the case ( like the Luminescent armors ).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

> @"shejesa.3712" said:

> Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

>

> > @"shejesa.3712" said:

> > Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

>

> The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

Last I checked it’s an exotic skin.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

> >

> > > @"shejesa.3712" said:

> > > Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

> >

> > The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

>

> Last I checked it’s an exotic skin.

Last I checked exotic does not mean it has to be cheap. Look at mystic forge skins like Mjolnir.

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

> > >

> > > > @"shejesa.3712" said:

> > > > Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

> > >

> > > The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

> >

> > Last I checked it’s an exotic skin.

>

> Last I checked exotic does not mean it has to be cheap. Look at mystic forge skins like Mjolnir.

True, however you are comparing Legendary Armor to exotic skins.

Edit: My apology, that wasn’t you making that comparison.

> I do not think there is any issue with the sigils. You can make alt characters to farm them or mystic forge rare sigils (yields about 5 per hour which is great money if you dont mind clicking)

>

> > @"shejesa.3712" said:

> > Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game. I can understand cutting costs and not having an economics guy on the dev team, but honestly, picking items on random, only because the name is vaguely connected with the word Requiem isn't an option either.

>

> The armor is one week old compared to legendary armor 1+ year old (actually more if you consider the time people had to prepare). Not a fair comparison.

Lol farm them by constant rerolling to lvl 64 for a single sigil.. good luck with that one. Even someone with a few thousand tomes and a few birthday tokens isn't going to make a dent into the supply deficiency and RNG is never a reliable source of anything... 5 sigils per hour .. where is the large sample sizing to prove that drop chance or I call small sample fowl and even it it could be proven, that is no way to base a short to mid term collection item around. Lets not forget if the armour sets take too long to complete, players will just move on to other things

I would like to hear why ANET thought this step back to the old days to be a worthwhile design concept.. what is the rationale behind it really because there were much fairer ways to of implemented this collection without hurting the timeline between content releases or gemsale revenue streams

> @"shejesa.3712" said:

> Right now the supply of sigils is not even remotely big enough to get more Map Skins than Legendary Armors we currently have in game.

You mean, the supply on the TP is low. That doesn't give us any idea of either the supply in people's inventory/banks/guild banks nor in how many enter into the economy.

I realize people are upset because the price rose suddenly on a previously worthless item and it's required if one wants to unlock the new armor. That feels bad, regardless of any math or stats or economic issues. ANet should address how people feel about this. But let's not jump to conclusions or exaggerate the numbers to make that point.

The only fact we know is that lots of people are willing to pay 10g per sigil and aren't willing to wait. That tells us a lot about demand and _perceived_ supply, but nothing about actual supply or 'income' of the sigil into the game from a myriad of sources. I don't think any of us, outside of ANet, have any idea as to just how many of these sigils are already out there, nor how many enter into the economy via the Silverwastes farms (Arc drops commonly, for an exotic, from one of the champ bags) nor how many show up via the mystic forge or other sources.

There were only 22k supply on the TP prior to LS4.4 going live. [1290 people](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=requiem) _registered on gw2efficiency_ have completed the final collection, representing over 32k sigils. An additional 5000 people (25k more sigils) started the final collection, another 4000 (20k more) completed the second step. Thus despite the so-called "supply" being 22k, at least 60k sigils have been consumed as part of the process. This doesn't count those who aren't using GW2 efficiency (and these folks certainly outnumber those on GW2/E, even if achievement-focused players are over-represented there).

tl;dr there are a lot more sigils out there than we can see from looking at the TP, quite a lot more. That doesn't mean that ANet doesn't have a responsibility to address the understandable panic. I'd even argue that it's a good reason why they should address the reasonable concern that the supply is going to run out before everyone who wants to can get their set unlocked).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> There were only 22k supply on the TP prior to LS4.4 going live. [1290 people](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.search=requiem) _registered on gw2efficiency_ have completed the final collection, representing over 32k sigils. An additional 5000 people (25k more sigils) started the final collection, another 4000 (20k more) completed the second step. Thus despite the so-called "supply" being 22k, at least 60k sigils have been consumed as part of the process. This doesn't count those who aren't using GW2 efficiency (and these folks certainly outnumber those on GW2/E, even if achievement-focused players are over-represented there).

the "extra" come from the random cheap loot that comes with this sigil like this one

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron_Shield_(loot)#item143

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> I guess so. What I do find interesting Malediktus, is that I’ve seen you voice many concerns about this game, however you do not voice your concern about this complex issue.

It is not an issue for me, I had some sigils in my guild bank since I dont throw any cheap runes/sigils away. The rest I got from making new alts and mystic forge. But even if I had to buy them it would not bother me much, 100-300g are a pocket change to me.

It sounds selfish, but I guess I just lack the empathy to care about problems of other people

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > I guess so. What I do find interesting Malediktus, is that I’ve seen you voice many concerns about this game, however you do not voice your concern about this complex issue.

>

> It is not an issue for me, I had some sigils in my guild bank since I dont throw any cheap runes/sigils away. The rest I got from making new alts and mystic forge. But even if I had to buy them it would not bother me much, 100-300g are a pocket change to me.

>

> It sounds selfish, but I guess I just lack the empathy to care about problems of other people

I suppose it does.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> Lol farm them by constant rerolling to lvl 64 for a single sigil.. good luck with that one. Even someone with a few thousand tomes and a few birthday tokens isn't going to make a dent into the supply deficiency

So you expect other players to farm these sigils and provide cheap supply for you on the trading post? Dont you think thats just a bit selfish?

> and RNG is never a reliable source of anything... 5 sigils per hour .. where is the large sample sizing to prove that drop chance or I call small sample fowl

The 20% drop chance for exotic sigils from forging 4 rares has already been proven in large data samples years ago and the number of different exotic sigils available from the forge isnt a mystery either. Every 6th grader should be able to to calculate an average droprate from that info.

> and even it it could be proven, that is no way to base a short to mid term collection item around. Lets not forget if the armour sets take too long to complete, players will just move on to other things

so where did anet state that this collection was designed as a short to mid term goal for the average player? If players are able to complete this set within a couple of days, they will also move on to other things and will do it way earlier than now. Not sure what kind of point you were trying to make here.

Tbh there is no situation, just people who don't think the collection's reward is valuable enough compared to the gold needed. Personally, I bought the Sigils already for 125g overall. I needed to sell some stuff, but I knew the price is gonna jump up so I got it ASAP. Wait a month or so and the price is going to go down again if it's not worth it for you now. People who are willing to pay and give in will soon buy enough of this item. Also some people will give up and others will keep looking at it hoping the price goes down. When those happen, demand decreases and the price will drop as people will be in panic to sell it right now before their investment will be too much compared to the sell price. Like always. So yeah, 1-2 months and it will be a much lower price.

[superior Sigil of Nullification on GW2TP](https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification "https://gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification")

As you can see here the price somewhat stabilised right now. Demand saw a big spike at some point then it fell with the sudden spike of price then it got normal too. That means that those who don't want to pay that much already stopped buying/selling. Some people provide a stable supply. And there are still people buying it at that price. At this point the demand will get lower slowly as people who pay that much slowly dwindle like I said before. That means less people will buy it as well, so the items sits for longer on TP. When this length gets noticable the more panicky sellers will start undercutting. Some people will jump on the chance to buy it cheaper so demand will stay stable there. And this will keep repeating until it reaches a healthy price. Whether you have to patience or not is another question.

If you buy everything off of TP at this moment then the whole 3 sets cost 328g. As a result you get 3 sets of new skins and a set of Ascended Armor. Now a full set of Ascended Armor via crafting costs ~210g (coming from the average price of the Ascended Insignias and not counting anything else). So you basically pay ~118g for 3 sets of armor skins. So if a single set of armor skin isn't worth 305g for you (by removing the cost of the 2 other sets of skins), then just simply don't buy it.

If you want to discuss a "situation" then it's people feeling entitled to have something right now, instead of farming it or investing into at all. And sadly that is something affecting all parts of the game. It wouldn't be much of "Achievement" now if you just bought everything needed off of the TP for 5g overall and got the whole thing in 30 minutes.

I'd like to be challenged by Anet and not by a few TP leeches who drained the TP in an hour of all the sigils.

I do not like the idea of making some leeches even richer because they play the TP all day.

Anet must introduce a way to create new sigils into the game. Don't tell me that leveling alts to 64 for 1 sigil each is a way to create new ones.

Those that rushed and bought the sigil when it was low priced. Good for you. You were lucky to be able to do that. You are only a few though while we are hundreds of thousands. So spare us of your white knighting.

> @"Chesterakos.2804" said:

> I'd like to be challenged by Anet and not by a few TP leeches who drained the TP in an hour of all the sigils.

>

> I do not like the idea of making some leeches even richer because they play the TP all day.

>

> Anet must introduce a way to create new sigils into the game. Don't tell me that leveling alts to 64 for 1 sigil each is a way to create new ones.

>

> Those that rushed and bought the sigil when it was low priced. Good for you. You were lucky to be able to do that. You are only a few though while we are hundreds of thousands. So spare us of your white knighting.

There is no white knighting though. It's just people being "unreasonable" because they actually need to do something for a change. So like, noone "needs" to do anything honestly. ANet doesn't "need" to give a way to get those Sigils. And you don't "need" to buy Sigils for the skins. What you feel is just unjustified entitlement. :disappointed:

> @"Cregath.7628" said:

> Tbh there is no situation, just people who don't think the collection's reward is valuable enough compared to the gold needed. Personally, I bought the Sigils already for 125g overall. I needed to sell some stuff, but I knew the price is gonna jump up so I got it ASAP. Wait a month or so and the price is going to go down again if it's not worth it for you now. People who are willing to pay and give in will soon buy enough of this item. Also some people will give up and others will keep looking at it hoping the price goes down. When those happen, demand decreases and the price will drop as people will be in panic to sell it right now before their investment will be too much compared to the sell price. Like always. So yeah, 1-2 months and it will be a much lower price.

> [superior Sigil of Nullification on GW2TP](https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification "https://gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification")

> As you can see here the price somewhat stabilised right now. Demand saw a big spike at some point then it fell with the sudden spike of price then it got normal too. That means that those who don't want to pay that much already stopped buying/selling. Some people provide a stable supply. And there are still people buying it at that price. At this point the demand will get lower slowly as people who pay that much slowly dwindle like I said before. That means less people will buy it as well, so the items sits for longer on TP. When this length gets noticable the more panicky sellers will start undercutting. Some people will jump on the chance to buy it cheaper so demand will stay stable there. And this will keep repeating until it reaches a healthy price. Whether you have to patience or not is another question.

> If you buy everything off of TP at this moment then the whole 3 sets cost 328g. As a result you get 3 sets of new skins and a set of Ascended Armor. Now a full set of Ascended Armor via crafting costs ~210g (coming from the average price of the Ascended Insignias and not counting anything else). So you basically pay ~118g for 3 sets of armor skins. So if a single set of armor skin isn't worth 305g for you (by removing the cost of the 2 other sets of skins), then just simply don't buy it.

>

> If you want to discuss a "situation" then it's people feeling entitled to have something right now, instead of farming it or investing into at all. And sadly that is something affecting all parts of the game. It wouldn't be much of "Achievement" now if you just bought everything needed off of the TP for 5g overall and got the whole thing in 30 minutes.

this seems fair, i didnt know the armor was ascedent. and is very "shiny". so we have a shiny set of ascedent around 300g. nothing to complain.