Honestly I think 500 tokens is exaggerated. Why not reduce it?

So, I'm playing dungeons again to help someone with his legendary, as some of you know, you need 500 tokens to buy X Gift of X thing. But honestly I think 500 tokens is exaggerated. Why not reduce it?

I myself had to play HotW so many times for Gift of the Sanctuary for my Frostfang, I honestly wish it could be 150 or 200 tokens. (I know you can also get it in HotW Reward Track, but I do not play WvW.)

When compared to the other requirements that go into a legendary it feels like 500 is about right. In the interest of fairness it's probably also best to just keep it as is even though they are a lot harder to acquire than they were during the first couple of years of the game. I myself am currently grinding out 32 dungeons (doing the 8 anything 4 times) as I need Arah tokens and Arah seems to be the least run dungeon by far.

> @"Astrolicus.3716" said:

> So, I'm playing dungeons again to help someone with his legendary, as some of you know, you need 500 tokens to buy X Gift of X thing. But honestly I think 500 tokens is exaggerated. Why not reduce it?

>

> I myself had to play HotW so many times for Gift of the Sanctuary for my Frostfang, I honestly wish it could be 150 or 200 tokens. (I know you can also get it in HotW Reward Track, but I do not play WvW.)

How many replays of a dungeon path would you consider reasonable? Compare this to how many times you need to complete the metas of AB, TD, VB, and DS to complete a legendary weapon. Compare it to how much karma you need for the obsidian (or alternative sources for that). How many trees have to be chopped (if you gather on your own).

I'm not opposed to tinkering with legendary requirements, except I'd argue that, for the most part, they are too easy.

> @"Boysenberry.1869" said:

> When compared to the other requirements that go into a legendary it feels like 500 is about right. In the interest of fairness it's probably also best to just keep it as is even though they are a lot harder to acquire than they were during the first couple of years of the game. I myself am currently grinding out 32 dungeons (doing the 8 anything 4 times) as I need Arah tokens and Arah seems to be the least run dungeon by far.

Actually, in many ways they are now easier to acquire than before. Yes, Arah is not run too much nowadays, but then the 8-dungeon options and spvp/wvw reward tracks exist. And each path gives now 100 tokens as opposed to 80 initially (or wasn't that **60**?).

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Running1 daily dungeon path for a week is not asking for too much and many people sit on hundreds of tokens anyway + reward tracks exist

It is, if the devs themselves discontinued support on that content. What logic does it make to force people to play dead and unsupported content repeatedly?

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Running1 daily dungeon path for a week is not asking for too much and many people sit on hundreds of tokens anyway + reward tracks exist

>

> It is, if the devs themselves discontinued support on that content. What logic does it make to force people to play dead and unsupported content repeatedly?

Technically any content that is not current expansion/current LS episode is not supported and we shouldn't expect any updates

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Running1 daily dungeon path for a week is not asking for too much and many people sit on hundreds of tokens anyway + reward tracks exist

> >

> > It is, if the devs themselves discontinued support on that content. What logic does it make to force people to play dead and unsupported content repeatedly?

>

> Technically any content that is not current expansion/current LS episode is not supported and we shouldn't expect any updates

Technically and actually you're wrong, like completely and utterly talking nonsense... PvP and WvW are not LS or expansion and have their own team, ditto for Fractals and Raids, World Bosses and other open world events often have updates and fixes (Even outside current expansion or Living World). Just look at the patch notes, under "World Polish". Etc.

Dungeons, except for some dev or another doing something pretty much on their own time, have nothing of the sort. In fact in the last 6 months they've done more updates to Guild Wars 1 than to Dungeons.

> > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > Running1 daily dungeon path for a week is not asking for too much and many people sit on hundreds of tokens anyway + reward tracks exist

> > >

> > > It is, if the devs themselves discontinued support on that content. What logic does it make to force people to play dead and unsupported content repeatedly?

> >

> > Technically any content that is not current expansion/current LS episode is not supported and we shouldn't expect any updates

>

> Technically and actually you're wrong, like completely and utterly talking nonsense... PvP and WvW are not LS or expansion and have their own team, ditto for Fractals and Raids, World Bosses and other open world events often have updates and fixes (Even outside current expansion or Living World). Just look at the patch notes, under "World Polish". Etc.

> Dungeons, except for some dev or another doing something pretty much on their own time, have nothing of the sort. In fact in the last 6 months they've done more updates to Guild Wars 1 than to Dungeons.

>

When was the last time PvP or WvW got an update? SPvP is abandoned and WvW hasn't seen anything since pre POF, raids are only POF raids, fractals don't get touched after dropping

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> When was the last time PvP or WvW got an update? SPvP is abandoned and WvW hasn't seen anything since pre POF, raids are only POF raids, fractals don't get touched after dropping

WvW is in the middle of a Bloodlust / double XP week.

Fractals have seen several changes recently mostly revolving around the Mistlock Singularity placement.

Maybe you mean something different than I do with the word 'update'.

> @"Astrolicus.3716" said:

> So, I'm playing dungeons again to help someone with his legendary, as some of you know, you need 500 tokens to buy X Gift of X thing. But honestly I think 500 tokens is exaggerated. Why not reduce it?

>

> I myself had to play HotW so many times for Gift of the Sanctuary for my Frostfang, I honestly wish it could be 150 or 200 tokens. (I know you can also get it in HotW Reward Track, but I do not play WvW.)

A twenty minute run each day for 5 days is exaggerated?

Wait till you start chopping wood.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Astrolicus.3716" said:> So, I'm playing dungeons again to help someone with his legendary, as some of you know, you need 500 tokens to buy X Gift of X thing. But honestly I think 500 tokens is exaggerated. Why not reduce it?> > I myself had to play HotW so many times for Gift of the Sanctuary for my Frostfang, I honestly wish it could be 150 or 200 tokens. (I know you can also get it in HotW Reward Track, but I do not play WvW.)Dont forget the reward for Dungeon Frequenter repeatable achieve is [Chest of Dungeoneering](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Dungeoneering "Chest of Dungeoneering") gives you 150 tokens from any dungeon of your choice, and story mode counts tooAscalon merged can be done in less than an hour, gives you 3/8 for the achievement and 240+ Ascalon Tears HotW you get minimum 300 Symbol of Koda per day if you do all three paths, which makes it 6/8 for the achieveHotW story gives you 20, 7/8 for the achieveand 1 more dungeon story or explorable of your choice will complete the achieve... altogether 3-4hrsif you are lucky to get token bags from champs during HotW, you could get 500 Symbol of Koda in a day

but i suggest saving up those Chest of Dungeoneering for Shard of Zhaitan unless you have already complete Arah collection (10,290 tokens) and Giftit's faster to do WvW track to complete the collection since each track gives you 3 weapons and 1 armor, you could get a bit over 2 reward tracks done in a day with reward track modifiers (322 every 5min) and the patience to sit in front of your PC for over 10 hours... ... so about 3 (crazy) days you get 18 weapons and 6 armor piece (get chest and pants), then use tokens to buy the leftover 1 weapon and armor pieces

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Running1 daily dungeon path for a week is not asking for too much and many people sit on hundreds of tokens anyway + reward tracks exist

>

> It is, if the devs themselves discontinued support on that content. What logic does it make to force people to play dead and unsupported content repeatedly?

It's not dead content. And it's no less supported than the legendaries that require 500 tokens in the first place. They aren't adding new 1st generation legendaries or even new unbound ones. They haven't modified the requirements for any part of the legendary and have only fixed the most egregious bugs that can stymie the collections.

If anything, it's easier now than every to gain 500 tokens. It's by far & away one of the least onerous components of the process, even though it might be the worst for the OP.

When I made my first legendary you needed to run 9 dungeon paths to make ANY legendary. Now, it's much much easier. It's only five dungeon runs, if you choose to run only dungeons, but you can also get tokens from PvP now, WvW, from a repeatable dungeon reward track. It's so much easier now to get this done than it ever has been. Five dungeon runs to get 500 tokens is pretty much nothing for any dungeon. Compared to the 5-8 hours you have to run WvW to get a gift of battle, or the work of completing the world...5 dungeon runs is pretty much nothing. I can't even imagine what prompted the OP to suggest this.