Please improve the pick up range on Airship Cargo

It is way too easy to miss the floating Airship Cargos after meta bosses in Verdant Brink. Sometimes you can glide right through the node and you won't grab them, and other times you can... Additionally, they are scattered in such a way that I find myself needing to use a waypoint over and over and over to get back to areas where I can collect them....

Some suggestions....

-Maybe arrange/cluster them better for smoother gliding paths.... Similar to how you have Unbound Magic nodes in the air in Bloodstone Fen.

-Improve the range you can grab them. And make sure there is no weird bug making pick up bugged.

Thanks!

Is it meant to be a high skill, moderate reward mechanic? If so, then it's probably fine as is. Some people seem to have no problem grabbing them in droves.

I've never managed to feel like I can get more in the air than from the ground, even though it feels like a lot more effort (for me) to manage to glide or griffon through them. For me, it's simply easier to ignore everything in the air.

These used to be fine at HoT's launch later on someone who apparently has too much time on their hands decided to go change it.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Is it meant to be a high skill, moderate reward mechanic? If so, then it's probably fine as is. Some people seem to have no problem grabbing them in droves.

>

> I've never managed to feel like I can get more in the air than from the ground, even though it feels like a lot more effort (for me) to manage to glide or griffon through them. For me, it's simply easier to ignore everything in the air.

>

>

They don't give anything better than normal ground ones. Although that seems to be the case for "large" cargo as well. The only thing larger is the model.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> These used to be fine at HoT's launch later on someone who apparently has too much time on their hands decided to go change it.

>

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Is it meant to be a high skill, moderate reward mechanic? If so, then it's probably fine as is. Some people seem to have no problem grabbing them in droves.

> >

> > I've never managed to feel like I can get more in the air than from the ground, even though it feels like a lot more effort (for me) to manage to glide or griffon through them. For me, it's simply easier to ignore everything in the air.

> >

> >

>

> They don't give anything better than normal ground ones. Although that seems to be the case for "large" cargo as well. The only thing larger is the model.

Oh sorry, I meant that the ones in the air don't require channeling, so if you're good and moving through the canopy, you could theoretically grab a ton more stuff than someone like me relying on the ground chests. It never occurred to me that the contents might be different.

However, I have to say I've always assumed that the large cargo had more cargo than the normal size. Seems silly on their part to have two boxes with different names if the loot tables are identical. (Although... well they have 1538 types of champ bags, but only a dozen or so names, so there's precedent.)

I'm pretty sure they are bugged. They used to be pretty easy to catch now you have to line them up beyond perfectly. I mean you have to have the exact center of your character pass through the exact center of the floating can. You can physically hit it with eg your arms or feet or head and still not pick it up. It is most certainly broken.

I didn't worry about it because TBH crowbars are harder to get then to spend, so it didn't matter, but FWIW, yes they are broken.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> They are supposed to be rewards for killing the bosses.

Supposed to be? Sure. For me, about once every 10 visits, I'll give them another shot and after 15-20 minutes of frustration, I'll realize I missed out on whatever else is going on by spending time trying to glide hither and yon or swoop up or down trying to grab the ones in the air.

So regardless of what the devs meant to do, these chests don't feel like a reward to me; they make me feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucy's football.

At a certain point, developer intent is irrelevant. Many (most?) who can grab the ones in the air will do so, regardless of participation in boss events; those who can grab the chests on the ground will do so regardless of participation in those events.

tl;dr maybe it's time for a change.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> In my experience, Large cargo gives more Airship Parts at least.

It varies. Sometimes it gives less. If you want to talk about averages then that will require data gathering.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > They are supposed to be rewards for killing the bosses.

> Supposed to be? Sure. For me, about once every 10 visits, I'll give them another shot and after 15-20 minutes of frustration, I'll realize I missed out on whatever else is going on by spending time trying to glide hither and yon or swoop up or down trying to grab the ones in the air.

>

> So regardless of what the devs meant to do, these chests don't feel like a reward to me; they make me feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucy's football.

> At a certain point, developer intent is irrelevant. Many (most?) who can grab the ones in the air will do so, regardless of participation in boss events; those who can grab the chests on the ground will do so regardless of participation in those events.

>

>

> tl;dr maybe it's time for a change.

More like time for a fix. Most of the cargo used to be fine. Only a handful had the current behavior. Instead of fixing the broken ones they decided it was better to break everything.

For content differences I just remembered that someone claimed that the floating ones have a chance of dropping freshwater pearls ... I'll leave that testing to someone else.