Please give us a better way to get Trade Contracts or decrease costs for some items

I've spent the last week and a half (on and off) farming these things. I need approximately 4,500 total and I'm not even halfway there. I'm a student who doesn't have a dozen hours a day to work towards these things and the fact that the trinkets and rings with stats that can only be acquired through ETCs take THOUSANDS of contracts to purchase is absolutely infuriating. I think this is totally at odds with your normal minimal-grind-necessary approach to things and it's enough to make me want to take a good long break and hope that when I come back there's a solution.

I have to agree with this one. You get about 3-4 from a bounty event, maybe a dozen from a Legendary bounty. That's alot of farming for a game that we tend to promote as one that has a reasonable way to obtain gear. These trinkets need thousands each. It's off the charts; definitely this falls in the category of grind that I was always glad to leave behind other MMO's. My solution was eventually using Tyrian Exchange Vouchers ... so basically I bought them with RL bux.

> @"LordRhyth.1365" said:

> I've spent the last week and a half (on and off) farming these things. I need approximately 4,500 total and I'm not even halfway there. I'm a student who doesn't have a dozen hours a day to work towards these things and the fact that the trinkets and rings with stats that can only be acquired through ETCs take THOUSANDS of contracts to purchase is absolutely infuriating. I think this is totally at odds with your normal minimal-grind-necessary approach to things and it's enough to make me want to take a good long break and hope that when I come back there's a solution.

A week and half, on and off?!? It seems you want these items a lot faster than that, what's the rush? Just take your time, play as you normally do and in no time at all you'll have all the trade contracts you'll need. It's a lot easier when you don't worry about obtaining a specific item than it is to set a time line or deadline, they aren't going away so it's not like if you don't get them in a week they'll disappear. Have you considered doing bounty trains? Those are a constant source of trade contracts and you get a bunch of other loot besides(whether it's to your liking or not is up to your taste). Best thing is to just play at your own pace and stop watching them increase in amount, before you know it you'll have all the trade contracts you need.

> @"LordRhyth.1365" said:

> I think this is totally at odds with your normal minimal-grind-necessary approach to things

As someone who has crafted a recent legendary, full ascended sets of Trailblazer and Celestial Armor, finished the bug weapons collection from Dry Top ect...

The grind is real.

It's not always a bad thing... but it's there. From ascended collections to home instance cats.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"LordRhyth.1365" said:

> > I've spent the last week and a half (on and off) farming these things. I need approximately 4,500 total and I'm not even halfway there. I'm a student who doesn't have a dozen hours a day to work towards these things and the fact that the trinkets and rings with stats that can only be acquired through ETCs take THOUSANDS of contracts to purchase is absolutely infuriating. I think this is totally at odds with your normal minimal-grind-necessary approach to things and it's enough to make me want to take a good long break and hope that when I come back there's a solution.

>

> A week and half, on and off?!? It seems you want these items a lot faster than that, what's the rush? Just take your time, play as you normally do and in no time at all you'll have all the trade contracts you'll need. It's a lot easier when you don't worry about obtaining a specific item than it is to set a time line or deadline, they aren't going away so it's not like if you don't get them in a week they'll disappear. Have you considered doing bounty trains? Those are a constant source of trade contracts and you get a bunch of other loot besides(whether it's to your liking or not is up to your taste). Best thing is to just play at your own pace and stop watching them increase in amount, before you know it you'll have all the trade contracts you need.

As Obtena stated, you can get 3-10 Trades from a bounty. That's an average of 6.5 Trade Contracts per bounty, at that rate you would be able to afford the items I'm after after doing just under 700, yes that's seven **hundred,** bounties. That is unbelievable. Lets just throw in the odd ones you'll get here and there, that's still many many months of playing to get these THREE items that for all intents and purposes have no right being this difficult to obtain. I challenge you to find any other example of Ascended gear being so blatantly difficult to acquire.

I was thinking it would be nice if you could exchange treasure maps for trade contracts (and possibly the rare ones from legendaries): I have thousands of these, I don't have the time or the will make use of them so they just sit there taking up inventory space. Anyways, just compare to something like winter berries where I can have all three ascended items in less than 5 days mean while...trade contract trinkets takes months of grinding to get the same thing. Meh.

Well, if you need the rings and accessories, you can get them from Sandswept Isles volatile magic collector with volatile magic and diflourite crystals instead. Then you'll just need to get the amulet from achievement or mists. If you already got one of each from there and needed another unique item, attune a set and get another set.

Honestly I see absolutely no reason for them to change the system as you get showered with trade contracts at such a high rate anyways.

There are couple of good ways to acquire contracts.

1. Mainly opening all manner of containers in PoF maps, better known as the music box farm

2. Using Treasure maps

Method 1 is less grindy but will require more long-term time commitment ~1k contracts day at full speed.

Method 2 will be considerably faster but is tedious.

I ran 1 character through PoF and got 1 trinket at the jackal vendor. I then said heck no and farmed Sandswept for another. That was when I discovered the Mist trinkets and I traded my fractal, WvW and PvP currency instead. As others have mentioned if you raid you can get harriers from Glenna. For me WvW and PvP were the fastest. Even if you suffer through the first 2 weeks of a season you will have the currency In no time.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> There are other avenues to obtain items with the Harrier's stats: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harrier%27s

>

> Good luck.

No clue why the mist trinkets aint there.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Band_(Infused)

That page redirect you to this page to show you what stat prefixes you can have

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

Easy way to get Trade contracts is to park alts in Tomb of the Forgotten Kings, and then hit the 6 chests there each day (takes < 2 min's per toon). With 6 toons doing that, I'm averaging over 3000 Trade Contracts per month while doing virtually no other PoF content. That's on top of the yellow/green/blue unid gear boxes and other loot you get from the chests...

Here's some proof in case you're doubtful:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/337290055376961537/504688805144428547/chest_farming.png

The slight uptick in slope starting near point 1 is from parking 1 toon at Sanctum of Nabkha JP where there are 3 chests. The bigger uptick in slope starting near point 2 is from parking 6 toons at Tomb of Primieval Kings and starting to hit the 6 chests there each day.

^^ I came here mostly to mention the Tomb of the Kings method. It's where I have all of my toons parked. There's a couple of other methods. In no particular order:

1. Breaking the Bank Achievement. In Desert Highlands, in Fortune's Vale. The advantage to this method is that it is really fast, getting you trade contracts and other goodies very fast. The disadvantage is that it is RNG and very expensive, costing 1 gold per run. You'll get some of it back through all the drops, but it will utterly drain your wallet.

2. Kill the Legendary Forged Demolisher and complete Serpent's Ire. They each reward a cache that lets you pick 100 trade contracts as a reward. It is once per day per character. Players used to grind the Forged Demolisher in the Desolation, but now forming a group for the event can be quite difficult.

3. Buried Treasure. Every other hour in Desert Highlands there will be a treasure hunt, which drops treasure chests with much better loot than usual.

I had a similar issue myself, when I had to get harrier gear for my revenant. Mostly I just try to be patient. That, or form bounty trains on the regular. I've formed a few trains myself. It is easiest to do it on a good healer or chronobuffer, since those are two builds can carry a group well and yet nobody brings them.

IMO the trade contract is one of the more underrated currencies. If you have a lot of them, you can convert a lot karma into gold at an efficient rate. These contracts are supposed to be rewarded for roaming around the deserts, doing events and opening caches. Problem is, without any central driving meta in any of these maps, most players have abandoned these maps for other, more profitable ones. This leads to the odd situation where there are a lot of people who need stuff to be done in these maps, and yet not enough people to gather together to do this stuff.

I had to get 500 trade contract some weeks ago. I got them in one day.

How?

Well just to the break the bank thing in the deldrimor place in the crystal desert. It will cost you a ton of gold tho, since it is random, trail and error.

But with that you can get it done within 2-3 evenings.