Solid Ocean can we get a boss fight?

phs.6089

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks, I saw how Anet "improved" molten duo, not a fan. If Anet were to have taken molten duo, and kept it as a single boss fight, but ramp up the difficulty or maybe add some mechanics (similar to a raid boss) I would have liked that. But if improvements mean adding a bunch of boring ads, no thanks, I'd rather just clear solid ocean for my daily and move on to other content like raids.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> > boss with actual mechanics.

> yawls, you serious? :)

>

To be fair it does have different mechanics than most boss fights which is mostly DPS. Id rather them keep it as is, the changes they made to other boss fights are extremely boring, they just made the fractal last longer.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> I believe in Anet's creative team! Surely they can come up with mech that is interesting and doesn't put you to sleep. :)

Previous cases (with the possible exception of Swamp, but that one _started_ at sleep-inducing levels) do not seem to back that up.

Personally i quite like jade maw, and it also has a big sentimental value to me. I'd rather it remained as it is. I definitely wouldn't want another molten boss style rework.

For me, all fractal reworks were great. Only "bad" thing for me was that fractal 40 farm was removed but molten boss is much better fractal now. On the other hand solid ocean is the one I hate the most because there is no reward for skill and strategy. You just run to the end, afk and get loot.

For same reason I hate deepstone. There is no way you can fail but it takes so long because some things cannot be skipped.

Please no :(

Molten Boss, Swamp and Mai reworks are terrible. They literally just added 875421687 more mobs to fight with more gated parts... so... much... fun...

These reworks was probably the worst thing that happened to fractals.

I really miss old Mai Trin. The orb phase was actually fun :)

I'd expect them to add DPS phases (can't have interesting bosses without at least three phases, right?), interrupted by "crystal throwing" phases to break some shield, and or a ton of trash mobs, and possibly forcing us to kill all of the trash on the way. If it is anything along those lines then I very much prefer it's current form.

> @"Grogba.6204" said:

> On one hand I agree, it's a snorefest.

>

> But on the other hand, the changes to Molten Boss and the latest releases (Oasis and Deepstone) make me dread drastic changes to Solid Ocean.

Nah man this is what fractals are supposed to be, ppl love them trash infested fractals : ^)

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> For same reason I hate deepstone. There is no way you can fail but it takes so long because some things cannot be skipped.

I hate deepstone because it's long, but also because the fights aren't fun outside the spider queen and maybe the shadow minotaur. And having to activate those orbs of light? Ugh

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Grogba.6204" said:

> > On one hand I agree, it's a snorefest.

> >

> > But on the other hand, the changes to Molten Boss and the latest releases (Oasis and Deepstone) make me dread drastic changes to Solid Ocean.

>

> Nah man this is what fractals are supposed to be, ppl love them trash infested fractals : ^)

And that's why everyone just skips all the trash. They love those mobs too much to kill them.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> > For same reason I hate deepstone. There is no way you can fail but it takes so long because some things cannot be skipped.

>

> I hate deepstone because it's long, but also because the fights aren't fun outside the spider queen and maybe the shadow minotaur. And having to activate those orbs of light? Ugh

You know why I love 99cm and 100cm? Absolute silence

GODS, the next time I see Kai and Torin I gag them personally. The drama wouldn't even so bad if _both_ wouldn't need to finish their lines before advancing the fractal GRAAAH

Yes pls, put a boss like The Voice where you can't even finish your burst andyou spend your time to run on every corners every 10% life.

Absolutely frustrating.

Aquatic and solid Ocean are fine like they are. I would like more fractals, more challenge/diversity but I like to chill too and these ones are like a free reward, a moment of relaxation after cm.

• 5 weeks later...

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Can we get the boss fight changed to somewhat/ something, please.

> To say it's boring would compliment it.

> It's the Spirit Watch of Fractals.

> there I said it. i dunno how to put it more politely :)

Nah they only change fractals that are beloved such as molten boss to be awful, changing a hated fractal would be a bit backwards don't you think?

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> Yes pls, put a boss like The Voice where you can't even finish your burst andyou spend your time to run on every corners every 10% life.

> Absolutely frustrating.

> Aquatic and solid Ocean are fine like they are. I would like more fractals, more challenge/diversity but I like to chill too and these ones are like a free reward, a moment of relaxation after cm.

Aside from the dolphin / light weed segment of Aquatic, I actually really like it for 2 reasons:

1- Daily Ornate Rusted Key

2- Guardian Trident is downright broken OP - I don't even know what my secondary aquatic weapon is, I've never used it. If underwater content was in any way relevant, I'm sure my trident would get hit with the nerfbat.

The only thing I hate about Ocean is that a lag spike can really ruin your day, and you're torn between standing still holding a crystal and doing nothing, and gambling that you will be able to snag one while DPS'ing soon as the icon pops over your head.