What should the next April Fools joke be?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> being a stick man for a day was fun. Or when they changed the genders round.

> sadly these days people would just complain.

I think the gender swap would be freaking hilarious in GW2, all the complaints that day would make me laugh so much, but i dont think with all the races and options that are available that it could be done!

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > being a stick man for a day was fun. Or when they changed the genders round.

> > sadly these days people would just complain.

>

> I think the gender swap would be freaking hilarious in GW2, all the complaints that day would make me laugh so much, but i dont think with all the races and options that are available that it could be done!

Also; with makeover kits I don't think Support would enjoy dealing with people who use a kit erroneously.

How about an old City of Heroes prank; visual SFX. One year they said they'd introduce 60s Batman style POFF, KAPOW, SPLAT air bubbles that would flash up on an impact.

> @"Opal.9324" said:

> I'd be happy with just about anything, honestly. GW2 used to have the best April Fools jokes before the boring party-poopers got all offended. It's sad that some people can't even handle 1 day of silliness.

Well, the airplane one was bad timing ill give anet that one. The Bobblehead one though, no, just no. I dont recall what the ones before that one where.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > I'd be happy with just about anything, honestly. GW2 used to have the best April Fools jokes before the boring party-poopers got all offended. It's sad that some people can't even handle 1 day of silliness.

>

> Well, the airplane one was bad timing ill give anet that one. The Bobblehead one though, no, just no. I dont recall what the ones before that one where.

Even if it was bad timing, people shouldn't have gone off on Anet the way they did. That was just nasty and uncalled for considering that it was most likely unintentional.

> @"Opal.9324" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > I'd be happy with just about anything, honestly. GW2 used to have the best April Fools jokes before the boring party-poopers got all offended. It's sad that some people can't even handle 1 day of silliness.

> >

> > Well, the airplane one was bad timing ill give anet that one. The Bobblehead one though, no, just no. I dont recall what the ones before that one where.

>

> Even if it was bad timing, people shouldn't have gone off on Anet the way they did. That was just nasty and uncalled for considering that it was most likely unintentional.

Oh, i agree with you on that, i just dont really like the jokes they've done in GW2, i think the ones in GW1 where much better off, as they didnt intrude on peoples gameplay(at least in pve that i know), Genderswap and Stick figure day are just two examples from GW1. For GW2, the Bobblehead made people sick(including me), the airplane made it *really* annoying to fight, or move. So if they cant come up with ideas that allow players to play normally then id rather them not do anything.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > > I'd be happy with just about anything, honestly. GW2 used to have the best April Fools jokes before the boring party-poopers got all offended. It's sad that some people can't even handle 1 day of silliness.

> > >

> > > Well, the airplane one was bad timing ill give anet that one. The Bobblehead one though, no, just no. I dont recall what the ones before that one where.

> >

> > Even if it was bad timing, people shouldn't have gone off on Anet the way they did. That was just nasty and uncalled for considering that it was most likely unintentional.

>

> Oh, i agree with you on that, i just dont really like the jokes they've done in GW2, i think the ones in GW1 where much better off, as they didnt intrude on peoples gameplay(at least in pve that i know), Genderswap and Stick figure day are just two examples from GW1. For GW2, the Bobblehead made people sick(including me), the airplane made it *really* annoying to fight, or move. So if they cant come up with ideas that allow players to play normally then id rather them not do anything.

I hadn't considered that, sorry. I'm just mad that some people behaved the way they did about it. Maybe the jokes could have an opt-out option?

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Boysenberry.1869" said:

> > Next April Fools Anet will announce they are creating a new Guild Wars mobile game to bridge the gap between GW1 and GW2. It will look exactly like 50 other games on the market.

> >

> > ...I couldn't help myself. :/

>

> Oh, come on. We should at least let them make some original jokes, instead of trying to copy the jokes of their competitors.

So, it should be "a mobile game for those who don't like mobile games"?