The ultimate soloer?

Sylent.3165

After playing a lot and testing I feel a minion reaper is the best solo pve player for dungeons, events, soloing champions? I feel i do the most damage with the highest survivability combo with them.

Just curious if anyone strongly feels something else is stronger if so would you mind sharing which class and why please? I've always been a solo player but am getting a bit bored with my build so was just curious if anything beats this now a days?

What traits/weapons is your reaper minion build? I have no doubt it does a quite large amount of damage, but the idea of a minion build is that it keeps you out of harms way to maintain your sustainability; it's hard to think how reaper traitline would further that goal because reaper shroud and the traits in the line aren't about giving you range or sustain.

I have no doubt that with the correct execution, the condi mirage is in the top 3. The only real challenge with it is to maintain a flow of illusions. It's idea is the same as minions on necro ... something else tanks for you so you can plug away at the mob from a safe distance. Personally, I think minions do that better for you than clones do.

The other approach I've seen is pet-tanking ranger, though I don't think pets are as good an aggro magnet as minions are. Lots of people are going to tell you (correctly) that you can pretty much solo with lots of builds with timing of dodges, heals, etc ... I'm more partial to think that some builds excel at soloing a wider range of content; these are the builds I'm also interested in that I think you are referring to. I ran this for a long time before PoF, then it got boring. But I did clear most of HoT maps myself with it:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBLRhG2IDN0Ujd1gbNwejjihKGAfbCMT6ZYclfQI0BA-jByXABPoEkAlfNuDAALPYi+B6OJADp+zcPBASBAxeL-e

Strength, Tactics, Spellbreaker Warrior with healing shouts. Unkillable in berzerker gear, permanent 25might,25 vuln and can dodge every 4 Seconds.

You need to stay aggressive though, to keep might generation up, which will heal you, give you endurance, gives you more power than usually and increases your healing.

> @"DerJoker.9081" said:

> Strength, Tactics, Spellbreaker Warrior with healing shouts. Unkillable in berzerker gear, permanent 25might,25 vuln and can dodge every 4 Seconds.

> You need to stay aggressive though, to keep might generation up, which will heal you, give you endurance, gives you more power than usually and increases your healing.

Which weapons are used in this build and with what traits in the lines?

its quite posible to solo as ranger without the need of having a pet tank you, here i am soloing the forged commander event as a boon soulbeast

however that build is dependant of the 33% boon duration of concentration sigil to keep the important boons 100% uptime so i dont know if it will still be viable with the nerf the sigil its getting soon

For champions and bosses, it's ranger and it's not even close.

Tanky pet and you need to be blatantly negligent in order to die most times. So long as you have the damage you can take on basically anything that exists in open world when alone. Even many of the world bosses can be taken down when alone with relative ease.

> @"DerJoker.9081" said:

> Strength, Tactics, Spellbreaker Warrior with healing shouts. Unkillable in berzerker gear, permanent 25might,25 vuln and can dodge every 4 Seconds.

> You need to stay aggressive though, to keep might generation up, which will heal you, give you endurance, gives you more power than usually and increases your healing.

I will second the concept of this build. In fact, I find that Warrior offers quite a large number of high sustain builds that don't compromise damage and maintain the fun factor. Sure, Ranger is way up there, if not top, but it's a little boring IMO. I run a few Warrior builds that fit the interest of the thread:

SB with Strength, Tactics (probably very similar to your build)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoYUjMdQlH25BmdAnIW6BskoQjLLg3kvydZjAQBYpB-jxBBQBjS9nas/gh0HQSlgA4UAUGlfB4JAQGg8xA-e

I love this build because you can swap to almost any traitline and maintain your DPS and sustain, customizing on the feel of the build and for different situations. It's such a versatile class to play.

Carry Warrior

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRBHTdG2ITHU5hdegZHwJihegyCgCICyvoxzCtNC/fA-jBCBQBA4gAwv9HCwTAgVK/YwJAAV6HSpSQVp+TAgDgzbezbew5nf+5nfeff+7rf+7rf+5n/epAIdZE-e

I run this to carry new people through fractals.

While Ranger/Necro are top performers, the pet tanking concept is not the most engaging to play. The Warrior versions are very effective and still require you to know what to do and stay in the fight to get the most sustain while doing it. If every class played like this one ... wow.

Minion Master yes, been running a Minion Master tank since pre HoT and still to this day use it for soloing.

Granted it's been upgraded to a Reaper for many years but I'm still very fond of it's more or less unkillable aspect.

Minion lifesteal sustain is a wonderful thing, specially when you can have over 10 of them feeding you.

I was asking myself which class is the best soloer, mainly because i started my roas to ad infinitum, but i didnt want to bother ppl with t1 runs and wait 3 hours for one dude to show up. i am currently soloing these fractals with guardian but find it kinda onesided mainly because most of the time i camp scepter and i am massivly relieing on healing.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> What traits/weapons is your reaper minion build? I have no doubt it does a quite large amount of damage, but the idea of a minion build is that it keeps you out of harms way to maintain your sustainability; it's hard to think how reaper traitline would further that goal because reaper shroud and the traits in the line aren't about giving you range or sustain.

>

> I have no doubt that with the correct execution, the condi mirage is in the top 3. The only real challenge with it is to maintain a flow of illusions. It's idea is the same as minions on necro ... something else tanks for you so you can plug away at the mob from a safe distance. Personally, I think minions do that better for you than clones do.

>

> The other approach I've seen is pet-tanking ranger, though I don't think pets are as good an aggro magnet as minions are. Lots of people are going to tell you (correctly) that you can pretty much solo with lots of builds with timing of dodges, heals, etc ... I'm more partial to think that some builds excel at soloing a wider range of content; these are the builds I'm also interested in that I think you are referring to. I ran this for a long time before PoF, then it got boring. But I did clear most of HoT maps myself with it:

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBLRhG2IDN0Ujd1gbNwejjihKGAfbCMT6ZYclfQI0BA-jByXABPoEkAlfNuDAALPYi+B6OJADp+zcPBASBAxeL-e

>

>

>

>

You got it backwards with the Reaper. Reaper enables a very strong melee build, with the minions used to play off traits and effects. With Death magic and the minion traits, it compliments a Power build by mitigating damage and off-loading conditions on to minions as a weapon. Flesh of the Master increases toughness, which stacks on top Shroud's damage reduction. Necromantic Corruption leeches conditions off of you onto the minions, which then send them to whatever they hit, acting as a passive condition clear. Death Nova is just extra minions and extra damage. With the standard set of minions these aren't that impressive..... but combined with "Rise!", and you have an very potent combo for strong self sustain that actively scales with how many things you're fighting.

I've run this type of build on necro since Season 3, and its only really vulnerable to things that can decimate your minions faster then you can replace them. The combined damage reduction, Reapers stable damage output, and Greatsword's area CCs, lets you run head first into almost any fight, and straight up tank it for as long as you need to win. The more trash mobs, the better. The damage is decent, granted other builds can do better.... but it doesn't require any special combinations or rotations, and only enough timing to understand when to use skills for the maximum number of hits per use. But make no mistake... its not a "stand back and let your minions tank" build, and promotes being surrounded as much as possible. Open world its basically unstoppable short of Legendarily enemies and handles most HOT HPs well; which is why a lot of players like it. Lots of room for error, easy to manage and lets you be pretty reckless without automatically killing yourself.

Most damage to highest sustainability ratio is highly debatable. Mirage staff is fairly strong. Certainly variant builds of ranger. If you must avoid the damage instead of mitigation, then power herald, SB, mirage and thief. Power herald probably have the best CC options for a high damage build.

There is not “one” solo build to rule them all.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> Most damage to highest sustainability ratio is highly debatable. Mirage staff is fairly strong. Certainly variant builds of ranger. If you must avoid the damage instead of mitigation, then power herald, SB, mirage and thief. Power herald probably have the best CC options for a high damage build.

>

> There is not “one” solo build to rule them all.

power herald can solo many things but some are quite questionable. for example lets say you wanna solo mai trin fractals for reasons. i tried and felt like guard was a better choice, simply because having to joggle between utilizing the tablet for condition cleanse AND fighting at the same time was like ultimate esports lvl of mastering. not saying it isnt possible but its very,very tireing.

appart from that another question. could you solo cm fractals? tried it with guardian and did not end well since he relies heavily on healing to survive. help pls

> @"Sylent.3165" said:

> > @"DerJoker.9081" said:

> > Strength, Tactics, Spellbreaker Warrior with healing shouts. Unkillable in berzerker gear, permanent 25might,25 vuln and can dodge every 4 Seconds.

> > You need to stay aggressive though, to keep might generation up, which will heal you, give you endurance, gives you more power than usually and increases your healing.

>

> Which weapons are used in this build and with what traits in the lines?

Strength: mid, mid, mid

Tactics: down, up, mid

Spellbreaker: up, down, down

Füll Berzerker Gear, Runes of Strength and for sigils Energy in both weapon sets, the other two, your choice :) Battle and Strength are solid options

Weapon: Greatsword and Dagger/Dagger

Heal: To the limit

Utility: For great justice, On my mark, Shake it off

Elite: Signet of Rage

It is relatively slow compared to power builds in kill speed but I love, love, love condi Mirage in solo. It ramps up quickly and with food/vigour uptime/energy sigil, you are never there when something tries to hit you.

I mean, I'm an average player at best but I find it the easiest to solo mobs meant for groups.

Cheers!

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> This or good mirage. I saw condi mirage soloing bounties

what build are they using? I have to believe a build meant strictly for this type of solo feats is going to differ from a Fractal or even open world build. I guess maybe a WvW solo roaming build would be similar since you need to be somewhat tanky and also able to dish out damage.

> @"Dabrixmgp.4758" said:

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > This or good mirage. I saw condi mirage soloing bounties

>

> what build are they using? I have to believe a build meant strictly for this type of solo feats is going to differ from a Fractal or even open world build. I guess maybe a WvW solo roaming build would be similar since you need to be somewhat tanky and also able to dish out damage.

look in mesmer forum section yeah i believe it will be kinda different build

> @"Lucas.3718" said:

> I was asking myself which class is the best soloer, mainly because i started my roas to ad infinitum, but i didnt want to bother ppl with t1 runs and wait 3 hours for one dude to show up. i am currently soloing these fractals with guardian but find it kinda onesided mainly because most of the time i camp scepter and i am massivly relieing on healing.

Power chrono would probably the best for this. Has REALLY good self buffing on top of million blocks and evades.

Quite a bit behind would be Power reaper since it can facetank basically everything in lower level fractals while running a full dps build. Reaper also stacks vuln and might on his own and doesnt need any buffs for critcap.

Holo, Weaver and Dh are all good but require dodges and don't have the self buffing of a power chrono. Chrono is just simply way too broken in basically everything.

> @"redcomyn.4651" said:

> Power chrono is worthless to a solo player. I know because I tried it out for a while. It almost completely removes the maneuverability of the player. You have to try to stay within your little buffing circle, while trying to avoid getting hit. That is a recipe for death.

Have you seen power chrono solo fractal CM?

To OP, any classes can solo dungeon, open world champs and more. If you look for the highest damage, they won't have highest survivability cuz it's life.

Warrior, necro, any spec works. There are also soulbeast, power chrono, and mirage just right after on that rank. Those are high damage, high survivability with utilities.

Thief, ele, guardian have much lower survivability but they work just fine.

Revenant/renegade is weaker imo but they work ^ ^