What happened to EOTM?

Khalisto.5780

I absolutely loved EOTM. I leveled 3 characters to 80 there, one of which is a main now. At the same time you had some mild WvW that wasn't plagued by meta builds and blobs, I mean I ran around on a below gear and level Thief actually having fights. It was mindless fun following a commander around and really relaxing. I always wished they would enhance it to have pips but weaker rewards, so it could become some sort of tutorial WvW, kinda being like casual then WvW being ranked.

I still miss it now, following a commander around is quite relaxing, things like RIBA and Istan are just not the same, without the added possibility of running into another team.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

>

> forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

> >

> > forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

>

> Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

This. Precisely this.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

> > >

> > > forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

> >

> > Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

>

> This. Precisely this.

And? Why is this problem? Why should all play as you are "doing WvW"?

> @"Dayra.7405" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

> > > >

> > > > forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

> > >

> > > Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

> >

> > This. Precisely this.

>

> And? Why is this problem? Why should all play as you are "doing WvW"?

You got plenty of pve maps to grind mindlessy, bud. You dont need a wvw pve map to get the wvw shinies, too. Play the mode or dont get them.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

I have no problems with pips in EotM if **participation is soley increased by player kills only!!!**

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

There's nobody in eotm, and wvw still empty. So it's the game mode design fault not eotm's.

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > And? Why is this problem? Why should all play as you are "doing WvW"?

>

> You got plenty of pve maps to grind mindlessy, bud. You dont need a wvw pve map to get the wvw shinies, too. Play the mode or dont get them.

Most ppl in eotm were uplevers or ktrain ppl, they weren't farming "wvw shinnies".

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

>

> > Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

>

> There's nobody in eotm, and wvw still empty. So it's the game mode design fault not eotm's.

>

>

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

>

> > > And? Why is this problem? Why should all play as you are "doing WvW"?

> >

> > You got plenty of pve maps to grind mindlessy, bud. You dont need a wvw pve map to get the wvw shinies, too. Play the mode or dont get them.

>

> Most ppl in eotm were uplevers or ktrain ppl, they weren't farming "wvw shinnies".

>

>

WvW ranks (the only available wvw reward back then) were farmed in eotm by the thousands.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

> >

> > forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

>

Once again being negative

dont see how it would split the player base? as each mode offers different rewards.

**EBG and BL** = Pips (Tickets and shards) and Quicker Reward Tracks

**EotM** = Box of WvW Supplies (Liquid WXP, EXP Booster, free Seige schematics and food, all the stuffs to prep you for wvw battle :wink: ) and Slower Reward Track, PLUS it is supporting WvW through supply drops at home citadel; and Anet can throw in WvW duelling Arena so they can stop taking up space when there's 30+ ppl stuck in the queue trying to get in EBG and BL

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Dayra.7405" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

> > > > >

> > > > > forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

> > > >

> > > > Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

> > >

> > > This. Precisely this.

> >

> > And? Why is this problem? Why should all play as you are "doing WvW"?

>

> You got plenty of pve maps to grind mindlessy, bud. You dont need a wvw pve map to get the wvw shinies, too. Play the mode or dont get them.

I don’t anymore, and i miss it less and less. As wvw turned into a 1-hit festival with auto-targeting i am back to shooter games, where at least you have to target yourself for a 1-Hit headshoot.

> @"Dayra.7405" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Dayra.7405" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

> > > > >

> > > > > Which would bring back the original issue with that map where players were farming it rather than actually doing WvW.

> > > >

> > > > This. Precisely this.

> > >

> > > And? Why is this problem? Why should all play as you are "doing WvW"?

> >

> > You got plenty of pve maps to grind mindlessy, bud. You dont need a wvw pve map to get the wvw shinies, too. Play the mode or dont get them.

>

> I don’t anymore, and i miss it less and less. As wvw turned into a 1-hit festival with auto-targeting i am back to shooter games, where at least you have to target yourself for a 1-Hit headshoot.

So... Because you think wvw is a 1-hit festival, you want to turn eotm into a 1-1-1 grindfest with full rewards? What sense does this even make?

The people who reminisce about "the good old days of EotM" forget one extremely important thing.

Everyone else had already decided that the map was far too easy to exploit to the point where fighting on the map (as intended) was not fun for anyone.

If people had stayed around to play that WvW map as a WvW map the experience of every k-train enthusiast would have been equally poor or even more so because inexperienced players would have been even more susceptible to the exploits. If the map had been littered with eg., "pull" Mesmers in force there would have been no k-train. Then the map would have returned to not be fun, for anyone.

> > > > Put Pips rewards in EOTM. Just make them a little bit slower or harder to get than WvW. Some people enjoy the EOTM map more than the WvW maps. Some people prefer the fighting from WvW more than EOTM. Overall I think it would balance out those that are serious about WvW and those that just want to have fun and get rewards. Heck it might even balance out the servers that want fights vs. servers that just want to karma train so you get more fight guilds vs. fight guilds.

> > >

> > > forget pips, give us Box of WvW Supplies as reward in EotM and you will see hordes of players back in to farm for wxp

> >

>

> Once again being negative

>

> dont see how it would split the player base? as each mode offers different rewards.

>

> **EBG and BL** = Pips (Tickets and shards) and Quicker Reward Tracks

> **EotM** = Box of WvW Supplies (Liquid WXP, EXP Booster, free Seige schematics and food, all the stuffs to prep you for wvw battle :wink: ) and Slower Reward Track, PLUS it is supporting WvW through supply drops at home citadel; and Anet can throw in WvW duelling Arena so they can stop taking up space when there's 30+ ppl stuck in the queue trying to get in EBG and BL

Supply drops are inconsequential.

All of the items that don’t give WXP can be obtained from that portable merchant in exchange for badges. A WvW player will obtain more than enough badges from playing WvW to sustain purchases from this.

PvE players have enough farm maps. If you really believe that EotM should over boxes of WvW supplies then their should be diminishing returns or some other system in place to prevent farming. This way if players want to obtain those then they actually will have to defend assets too just like in any other WvW map.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

>

>

> There's nobody in eotm, and wvw still empty. So it's the game mode design fault not eotm's.

Doesn’t matter as EotM isn’t meant to be another PvE farm map.

• 2 months later...

> > >

> >

>

> Once again being negative

>

> dont see how it would split the player base? as each mode offers different rewards.

>

> **EBG and BL** = Pips (Tickets and shards) and Quicker Reward Tracks

> **EotM** = Box of WvW Supplies (Liquid WXP, EXP Booster, free Seige schematics and food, all the stuffs to prep you for wvw battle :wink: ) and Slower Reward Track, PLUS it is supporting WvW through supply drops at home citadel; and Anet can throw in WvW duelling Arena so they can stop taking up space when there's 30+ ppl stuck in the queue trying to get in EBG and BL

If your world is desperate for that supply drop, they probably need you in real wvw......

I don't see why you should get rewards for playing in the map designed to give people somewhere to hang around when wvw maps are all full. Want wvw rewards, do wvw.