Ep. 5 in December?

Lurana.7506

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Lurana.7506" said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > >

> > > > IF the episode is on the 27th, we'll likely get to know through a trailer tomorrow.

> > > > If that update *isn't* the episode, I don't think we can expect it this year - so far **none** of the relases post-HoT have been combined with a festival, and there's propabably too little time between nov 27th and the start of Wintersday (likely dec 18, but possibly dec 11) to squeeze in an episode there...

> > >

> > > Probably you're right. Now when I think about it, it seems more likely to get an episode next week than in December. But even that is, as you said, highly unlikely.

> >

> > I sooo hope we get it next week, I KITTENING WANT MY LONGBOW!!! *ahem* I'm sorry, don't know what came over me there.

> >

> > Jokes aside, I can actually see an option that gives us the episode in december - They don't actually need a patch to activate festivals any more, so they *could* (veeeery theoretically) release an episode dec 11 and start Wintersday dec 18 without an update...

>

> I want a new longbow too, which means we will be getting the greatsword!

Oh gods, don't put it out there!!

I can't imagine them *not* saving the greatsword for last, but maaaan I'll be mad if we have to wait *another* 2-3 months for the longbow!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a [teaser video](https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/videos/2217401765215377/ "teaser video") posted to the official Facebook page about an hour ago. It's not a full trailer as we've come to expect, but may presage a full trailer dropping tomorrow.

For those without Facebook, it has a tag line of "Tyrians, start your engines. Next week you’re going to take your Roller Beetle out for some high-speed fun!" and shows a date of "11.27.18" at the end.

> @"Taelac.7036" said:

> There was a [teaser video](https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/videos/2217401765215377/ "teaser video") posted to the official Facebook page about an hour ago. It's not a full trailer as we've come to expect, but may presage a full trailer dropping tomorrow.

>

> For those without Facebook, it has a tag line of "Tyrians, start your engines. Next week you’re going to take your Roller Beetle out for some high-speed fun!" and shows a date of "11.27.18" at the end.

Looks more like a new racetrack(s). Will probably come with other things but may not be the next story chapter.

> @"Yargesh.4965" said:

> > @"Taelac.7036" said:

> > There was a [teaser video](https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/videos/2217401765215377/ "teaser video") posted to the official Facebook page about an hour ago. It's not a full trailer as we've come to expect, but may presage a full trailer dropping tomorrow.

> >

> > For those without Facebook, it has a tag line of "Tyrians, start your engines. Next week you’re going to take your Roller Beetle out for some high-speed fun!" and shows a date of "11.27.18" at the end.

>

> Looks more like a new racetrack(s). Will probably come with other things but may not be the next story chapter.

But what does it mean? Are they releasing several new maps, outside of the desert at that? Otherwise, it’s just races on old maps which isn’t actually new content, it’s just an event where devs will show up and people play with beetles. So whether it’s even new content or not depends on if that’s a new map. And if it is, it’s almost certainly E5’s map

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> So... Ep 5 in Ascalon? Core Tyria race tracks?

If that’s what it is, it could be maybe the gap between fields of ruin and desert highlands, with some ascalonian landscape to the north. Or, it could be Ascalon and the brand to the left of blazeridge steppes and FoR

There is usually one, maybe two decent sized updates the last two months of the year. Its a quiet time for Anet as they wrap things up for the year. I'd expect maybe one more decent sized update similar to the rune and sigils change, then wintersday to close out the year. Then in 2019, it takes them a few weeks to open up their eyes from their New Year's and holiday break and get cooking again. Its usually the end of January or early February before another update comes along. This is probably when I'd expect the next episode. April another episode to close out the season and an annoucement about expansion 3 for fall of 2019. That expansion will bring a 2 person mount, fishing, and new elite specs. It could potentially bring something like a new playable race or profession as well but that seems less likely. Fishing would be a huge money maker for the company. Gem store skins, easy selling point, new crafting recipes, etc.

> @"Blackarps.1974" said:

> There is usually one, maybe two decent sized updates the last two months of the year. Its a quiet time for Anet as they wrap things up for the year. I'd expect maybe one more decent sized update similar to the rune and sigils change, then wintersday to close out the year. Then in 2019, it takes them a few weeks to open up their eyes from their New Year's and holiday break and get cooking again. Its usually the end of January or early February before another update comes along. This is probably when I'd expect the next episode. April another episode to close out the season and an annoucement about expansion 3 for fall of 2019. That expansion will bring a 2 person mount, fishing, and new elite specs. It could potentially bring something like a new playable race or profession as well but that seems less likely. Fishing would be a huge money maker for the company. Gem store skins, easy selling point, new crafting recipes, etc.

They have ruled out fall 2019 for expansion by saying that the next story will start directly after this story arc. Next expansion is 2020 then.

It would clash with turkey drumstick and holiday ham infusions coming out for wintersday. Then the leaked next expansion where Black Lion Trading Company starts their war for their new world order and you must stop it before they destroy economy completely. Express TP become usable weapons in this expansion and The bank version become the new legendary armors that you can only get thru a new RP game mode.

> @"Blackarps.1974" said:

> There is usually one, maybe two decent sized updates the last two months of the year. Its a quiet time for Anet as they wrap things up for the year. I'd expect maybe one more decent sized update similar to the rune and sigils change, then wintersday to close out the year. Then in 2019, it takes them a few weeks to open up their eyes from their New Year's and holiday break and get cooking again. Its usually the end of January or early February before another update comes along. This is probably when I'd expect the next episode. April another episode to close out the season and an annoucement about expansion 3 for fall of 2019. That expansion will bring a 2 person mount, fishing, and new elite specs. It could potentially bring something like a new playable race or profession as well but that seems less likely. Fishing would be a huge money maker for the company. Gem store skins, easy selling point, new crafting recipes, etc.

Season 5 follows season 4, so we have a long, long wait for an expansion

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > To be honest, an LS season is more or less an unofficial expansion.

>

> Not quite, its a stripped of its features expansion, if you buy expansions for the story then sure i guess but thats not everyone tbh.

Umm... there’s much more than just story with the living world releases. If you take out the addition of mounts with PoF, and masteries with HoT, what do you think you have?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > To be honest, an LS season is more or less an unofficial expansion.

> >

> > Not quite, its a stripped of its features expansion, if you buy expansions for the story then sure i guess but thats not everyone tbh.

>

> Umm... there’s much more than just story with the living world releases. If you take out the addition of mounts with PoF, and masteries with HoT, what do you think you have?

And we even had the roller beetle in a LW release :)

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Amnoon got branded, so wondering when that might be addressed. If its related to that we might get that space South of Ebonhawk filled.

I’d really love to connect us before we move on from the region otherwise it may be years before we revisit it

I'm in the frame of mind that 'Trailer' is only some races they have put in which is no real good for me as the way the beetle operates sets off my motion sickness a treat. If this is the case, although I found races to start fun, it's almost an excuse for 'content' .

Considering the time of year I think this is the filler till wintersday, then we won't see anything till the Holiday season is over since a new season must cause more headaches than the fizz on New years eve.