Do I have to go through spoilers to get the beetle mount?

BlueJin.4127

I haven't obtained the beetle mount from LWS4 e3 yet, because I don't have LWS4 e1 and e2 and want to go through the story in order. I read that I have to do the 2nd story mission in LSW4 e3 to get the beetle mount. Are there any spoilers in these story missions for players who haven't yet played through e1 and e2?

Have you played Path of Fire? If not then there's some major spoilers for the expansion's story.

If you've played PoF then I'd say it depends on what you consider a spoiler. I can't see how the overall story could be a surprise after the expansion, but you will meet some of the new characters who are introduced in episodes 1 and 2, and find out some details about exactly what kind of a threat you're facing which are a surprise to the characters when it's revealed.

It wouldn't bother me to play the first 2 steps of episode 3 first, I think a lot of the 'spoilers' wouldn't mean much until you'd played the story in order to find out who or what they are. But I've known some people who would consider the location of the map or which reoccurring characters are present too much of a spoiler. So I'd be reluctant to give a definite yes or no answer without knowing what you personally consider a spoiler.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> > Are there any spoilers in these story missions for players who haven't yet played through e1 and e2?

>

> I'd say there are. Is there no way to obtain the rest of LWS4 via the website?

Not via website, but they only cost 200 gems each, purchased from the Story Journal.

From the start of EP3, there's so much interaction with groups and characters that were introduced in POF and EP1 and 2.

I can't recall if you must fully complete EP3 to complete all 3 tiers of the beetle collection, but if you do have to, then yes, you will encounter spoilers and perhaps a lack of sympathy and misunderstanding of stories and motives for certain characters if you do everything out of order.

Unlocking the first tier of the collection doesn't involve giving away too much, since all you need to do is get to Kourna, it just depends on how much further you have to go for Tier 2 and 3 of the collection.

I see...

The reason I haven’t bought e1 and e2 is because I really don’t like the aggro range of PoF. I don’t play in PoF zones unless necessary and it would be a waste of gems to purchase e1 and e2 just to go through story and not play in the maps (though Istan farm does pique my interest).

I was thinking about getting the beetle mount since that’s the only mastery track I have left, but it’s not a priority. I guess I’ll just put it off for now.

Thank you for the info.

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> I see...

>

> The reason I haven’t bought e1 and e2 is because I really don’t like the aggro range of PoF. I don’t play in PoF zones unless necessary and it would be a waste of gems to purchase e1 and e2 just to go through story and not play in the maps (though Istan farm does pique my interest).

>

> I was thinking about getting the beetle mount since that’s the only mastery track I have left, but it’s not a priority. I guess I’ll just put it off for now.

>

> Thank you for the info.

It can't be the only mastery track you have left if you haven't done e1 or e2 yet. There was 1 introduced with each episode - Volatile Magic Resonance and Bond of Life

I looked through the collection as a refresher, just to see how much of the episode 3 you have to do to get the beetle, because it's been awhile. It seems I was wrong, doesn't look like you have to complete all of it, just get to Kourna (so, the first 2 steps of the story). Which again doesn't give too much away IMO, if you won't play ep1 or 2 for awhile.

You'll be confused why you're going there and who these allies are and why you care, but, that's just how it is.

> @"BlueJin.4127" said:

> I see...

>

> The reason I haven’t bought e1 and e2 is because I really don’t like the aggro range of PoF. I don’t play in PoF zones unless necessary and it would be a waste of gems to purchase e1 and e2 just to go through story and not play in the maps (though Istan farm does pique my interest).

>

> I was thinking about getting the beetle mount since that’s the only mastery track I have left, but it’s not a priority. I guess I’ll just put it off for now.

>

> Thank you for the info.

If you're not planning on playing them at all then there's no need to worry about spoilers - it doesn't really matter if you know the plot to something you're never going to play through anyway. In that case it would be better to watch a video of someone else playing episodes 1 and 2 and then go straight into 3. Because that also solves the problem that whenever you pick up the story again you are going to encounter spoilers for the parts you missed.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> People are quite overreacting on agro range. Pof is so much easier than hot.

I think it's people thinking they're invulnerable on mounts or not having stunbreaks against all these new enemies that all have a stun.

Or them being used to stepping on a small rock to entirely break enemy pathing and making them just drool while you range them down. lol

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > People are quite overreacting on agro range. Pof is so much easier than hot.

>

> I think it's people thinking they're invulnerable on mounts or not having stunbreaks against all these new enemies that all have a stun.

> Or them being used to stepping on a small rock to entirely break enemy pathing and making them just drool while you range them down. lol

I remain certain that my previous comment on this is relevant:

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> The key difference between PoF maps and earlier maps is that PoF provides better tools to "run between the raindrops" more effectively, and so it has bigger raindrops that counteract those tools somewhat, but the advantage given by the tools (mounts) remains.

The remark about "run between the raindrops" is two things:

* A reference to a Pat Benatar song of the same title, with the line "You've got to run between the raindrops // if you want to see the sun"

* A reference to weaving carefully between enemies to avoid aggro, with a small amount of "just run past anyway" for moments when there's no way to avoid them.