Thoughts on Update

dude.2950

> Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

Anet...

The last thing in the world that needed to happen to Boonbeast was give them access to DOUBLE protection and protection against condition damage to boot.

Also the portal nerf was criminal.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

> @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

>

> Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

All the bandwagon will be moving to SB.

> @"dude.2950" said:

> > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

> >

> > Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

>

> All the bandwagon will be moving to SB.

All classes got damage reduced, So you give a class that's almost unkillable even more defence....WHY?

>

> Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

I'm confused - won't it only work for 6 seconds? So not perma?

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

> >

> > Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

>

> I'm confused - won't it only work for 6 seconds? So not perma?

It will be 9 seconds with the trait, So 33% uptime on top of the Perma-33% to power and condi damage given by protection

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > > Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

> > >

> > > Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

> >

> > I'm confused - won't it only work for 6 seconds? So not perma?

>

> It will be 9 seconds with the trait, So 33% uptime on top of the Perma-33% to power and condi damage given by protection

Sigh, soulbeast is stupid

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > > > Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

> > > >

> > > > Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

> > >

> > > I'm confused - won't it only work for 6 seconds? So not perma?

> >

> > It will be 9 seconds with the trait, So 33% uptime on top of the Perma-33% to power and condi damage given by protection

>

> Sigh, soulbeast is stupid

Yes it is

>

But jaunt, tho

I liked the removed elixir s passive on engi, now bad holos won't be hard carried by that as before at least, even tho the rest remained the same so...

Full counter damage nerf was unnecessary, how many times it got nerfed already?

Next patch they will finally remove completely the damage.

SpB was balanced in my opinion.

Soulbeast nerfs, but the new Dolyak stance it's stronger than before... maybe the longer cooldowns will open a more wide window for counterplay.

Condi mirages nerfs, but if you see the notes actually power mirage was hit, and nothing about condis was even touched, apart that axes little insignificant changes.

Portal will probably be replaced maybe and i doubt condi mirage won't be meta anymore.

Scrapper buffs seems weird, they removed the stab on demand from gyro usage trait, they buffed the dps, but holo is still superior as dps, so who knows, maybe someone will come out with an interesting build.

Core guard seems received buffs to hammer, so it will be even more easy and brainless to play, but at least it's not too cancer.

The other profession changes dunno.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> I liked the removed elixir s passive on engi, now bad holos won't be hard carried by that as before at least, even tho the rest remained the same so...

>

> Full counter damage nerf was unnecessary, how many times it got nerfed already?

> Next patch they will finally remove completely the damage.

> SpB was balanced in my opinion.

>

> Soulbeast nerfs, but the new Dolyak stance it's stronger than before... maybe the longer cooldowns will open a more wide window for counterplay.

>

> Condi mirages nerfs, but if you see the notes actually power mirage was hit, and nothing about condis was even touched, apart that axes little insignificant changes.

> Portal will probably be replaced maybe and i doubt condi mirage won't be meta anymore.

>

> Scrapper buffs seems weird, they removed the stab on demand from gyro usage trait, they buffed the dps, but holo is still superior as dps, so who knows, maybe someone will come out with an interesting build.

>

> Core guard seems received buffs to hammer, so it will be even more easy and brainless to play, but at least it's not too cancer.

>

> The other profession changes dunno.

Core guard hammer changes were 100% a nerf.

Reaper was nerfed terribly.

Spectral trait removal destroyed what meager sustain the class had and will decimate the class even further in platinum ranked, where it's already considered "carried" when you manage to win.

Loss of a stun break, lowered duration in spectral skills and loss of life force generation, loss of damage in 50% or more shroud, and now we have to trait it to get it back, for 10 seconds. Terrible Focus 4 wasn't touched, foot in the grave wasn't touched, subpar utilities were not reworked, and now this will make reaper an even better target for focus fire at the start of a match. Bonus: buffs to fear traits, which are useless in a spvp landscape full of stability. I am not sure the dev's play core necromancer or reaper at all after seeing this balance.

All in all, a big reaper nerf with a minor scourge buff from reworking the nerfed trait during the rune balance, and adding a trait that increases heals.

Clearly Anet wants you to play condi mirage , boonbeast, spellbreaker, or druid.

> @"Apokriphos.7042" said:

> Reaper was nerfed terribly.

>

> Spectral trait removal destroyed what meager sustain the class had and will decimate the class even further in platinum ranked, where it's already considered "carried" when you manage to win.

>

> Loss of a stun break, lowered duration in spectral skills and loss of life force generation, loss of damage in 50% or more shroud, and now we have to trait it to get it back, for 10 seconds. Terrible Focus 4 wasn't touched, foot in the grave wasn't touched, subpar utilities were not reworked, and now this will make reaper an even better target for focus fire at the start of a match. Bonus: buffs to fear traits, which are useless in a spvp landscape full of stability. I am not sure the dev's play core necromancer or reaper at all after seeing this balance.

>

> All in all, a big reaper nerf with a minor scourge buff from reworking the nerfed trait during the rune balance, and adding a trait that increases heals.

>

> Clearly Anet wants you to play condi mirage , boonbeast, spellbreaker, or druid.

Portal nerf was the single biggest nerf to any one build's efficacy this patch, specifically condition mirage.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > > > Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

> > > >

> > > > Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

> > >

> > > I'm confused - won't it only work for 6 seconds? So not perma?

> >

> > It will be 9 seconds with the trait, So 33% uptime on top of the Perma-33% to power and condi damage given by protection

>

> Sigh, soulbeast is stupid

So is S/D shortbow Thief. It's over performing as well.

I don't know about other classes, as warrior main, I think the FC nerf was a lil bit too much, I think 33 to 50% would be ok. Now I feel I'll take longer to win duels and prolly get plus'd before I take someone down. I don't know if ppl are over reacting on their classes, but everybuild seemed to have been nerfed harder than warrior, aside from SoulBeast maybe.

I also play mesmer and ele.

Oh well, the current weaver build was untouched, and I'll wait to see what happens to Tempest.

With other classes having less sustain and for what it seems overall less dmg too, maybe weaver gets in a better spot.

Mesmer portal nerf prolly won't do shiet outside the plat range, as well as the axe nerf. The jaunt nerf is meaningful in every tier.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> I don't know about other classes, as warrior main, I think the FC nerf was a lil bit too much, I think 33 to 50% would be ok.

Its a good change. Warrior did a lot of damage while being durable and have lots of sustain and disengage. That is a bit too much. PoF specs created a mess that maybe they will finally clean up.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > > > > Dolyak Stance: This skill no longer applies retaliation. Instead, it now reduces incoming condition damage and physical damage by 33% for the duration of the stance in addition to its other effects.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol... Perma prot, perma -33% dmg from condis due to a trait and now another -33% power and condi dmg reduction with a 33% uptime.... I don't understand

> > > >

> > > > I'm confused - won't it only work for 6 seconds? So not perma?

> > >

> > > It will be 9 seconds with the trait, So 33% uptime on top of the Perma-33% to power and condi damage given by protection

> >

> > Sigh, soulbeast is stupid

>

> So is S/D shortbow Thief. It's over performing as well.

no lol, the only possible way someone may think S/D thief is over perfoming is either trolling or being bad at mesmer.