Game text translation

i tink a translation of only the text not the speach in the rest or remaining languages will increase the player base, many people in my country don't play untraslated games becouse of language barriers, i'm italian but i'm pretty sure that also polish, russians, baltic, greeke and other country will increase they player base, what need to be translated is not even all the game u will keep places and object, but translate the other text, i don't also ask for a "voice" translation only subtitles, and the dialogues and text are so simple phrase that u can translate whit google (but do not do it :bleep_bloop: ) so think about this please

And who is going to do all this massive extra work of translation and localisation? Even text based subtitling will add time onto each release, not to mention they would need to hire the people to do it.

I totally get why people want this, I really do and I sympathise 100%. I'm sure I;d feel the same if the tables were turned, but the fact it is, Anet have said no to any additional translation or localisation on multiple occasions

Stepping out of their national bubble and learning the international language of the internet isnt a bad thing. It will benefit them their entire life and broaden their perspectives of the entire world. So I say keep pushing English in games.

When I was young I only had TV to teach me. And I learned it before even starting primary school dangnabbit.

Playing games in English and watching films in English is a good thing. You can practice your English skills and it is always good to be able to speak and understand English. We live in a globalized world were everyone should know English. I don’t think they should translate the game in more languages.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Stepping out of their national bubble and learning the international language of the internet isnt a bad thing. It will benefit them their entire life and broaden their perspectives of the entire world. So I say keep pushing English in games.

>

> When I was young I only had TV to teach me. And I learned it before even starting primary school dangnabbit.

Agreed 100%. While schools can teach you the basics of a language, it's nowhere near as effective as hearing/reading that language basically everywhere you go via TV, music and games.

Based on some little experience I have with these countries that dub everything, it seems to me that tradition and arrogance play a big part in why these countries don't embrace globality in the way some others do. Maybe arrogance is the wrong word here, what I mean is these people are super proud of their heritage and language, so English is never forced on them anywhere unless they choose to learn it by themselves. I could be wrong here, but at least this is the impression I've gotten.

learn english is the top answer u can do? so what if 1 billion chinese or russian want their languages? yes in europe we got countries like mine or greeke and more other that got different languages and cultures, i know we cannot do all languages of the world, but i'm playing by now gw1 and is full localized in almost all EU languages so it will be not so difficult to do here too, the aswer "learn english" is really stupid yes i learn english that's not the problem but there we got more pp that don't have any interest of "globalization" or other languages and if theyr game will be localized they play if not they not play is pretty simple, so the most easy option to increase player base will be to add translation, the game goes free to play increase player base and now this effort have lost his effect, anet is basically ncsoft and aion and lineage II have done it for the same pourpose so i tink it wil appens before or late but my hope is that they do when the game is not dead yet.

ps: if u come as tourist here my aswer will be : learn my language :P hope greeke and other do the same ^^