Let Us Slot Utility into Elite Slot

Zoe.8310

Seems like people from every profession have the opinion that their Elites don't really feel "Elite."

And since re-working each class to give them actually meaningful Elites, why not just solve it for every class by letting us slot a Utility into the Elite slot. Many of our Utilities are better than Elites anyways.

Renegade, Firebrand (etc) elites feel like utilities with how much you can spam them.

Elite is for the rare niche activation you need in a specific moment. Its intended that you are limited in picking which 3 you need the most. Though, from a design perspective, it was at first confusing that there are 4 options per utility type but we can't use them all at once.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Firebrand (etc) elites feel like utilities with how much you can spam them.

Be quiet, I don't want them to nerf my favorite stun break. :D FB Mantras for the win. <3

Also, I agree with OP, there are many professions where I'd pick a utility over an "elite" skill.

To me the idea of something called a, "Elite," skill, in the GW franchise, being largely ignorable in a build is off. The idea that the time spent activating my elite is actually a reduction of my character's performance is an indication of poor design. The fact that it would be an improvement to my character's performance to take a non elite skill in place of an elite is an example of a bad departure from the original game.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> To me the idea of something called a, "Elite," skill, in the GW franchise, being largely ignorable in a build is off. The idea that the time spent activating my elite is actually a reduction of my character's performance is an indication of poor design. The fact that it would be an improvement to my character's performance to take a non elite skill in place of an elite is an example of a bad departure from the original game.

Well, there is bad design and gobs and mounds of inconsistency all over the place in GW2 ... I'm just trying to work with what we have, lol