World Linking Error 21 December 2018

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> So the server that received the erroneous links will get to advance due to this "Bug"? Or are you going to fix the match and repeat the match-ups from this week? Very unfair to the other servers facing them. YB will now just roll over everyone. Look at the current match-up between YB, HOD and SOS - YB is walking away with it and the other servers can't stop or slow them down, and they know it. Should have been as simple as going in like you do on Friday night and re-linking the servers and zeroing the scores. If I worked there and made that mistake I would want to fix it. Professionalism should be job one. Enjoy the Christmas present YB.

What is it 2015? Nobody cares if another server moves up.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Valentine.2156" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > People who would transfer because of one bad week make me question my life

>

> it took 2 hours to get through reset queue last night, what guild group would ever want to deal with that

Sounds like a normal reset. Either way, that's not a reason to transfer servers right on day 1.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > So the server that received the erroneous links will get to advance due to this "Bug"? Or are you going to fix the match and repeat the match-ups from this week? Very unfair to the other servers facing them. YB will now just roll over everyone. Look at the current match-up between YB, HOD and SOS - YB is walking away with it and the other servers can't stop or slow them down, and they know it. Should have been as simple as going in like you do on Friday night and re-linking the servers and zeroing the scores. If I worked there and made that mistake I would want to fix it. Professionalism should be job one. Enjoy the Christmas present YB.

>

> What is it 2015? Nobody cares if another server moves up.

I think the concern is they'll get thwomped in the next matchup if they move up a tier _and_ lose their links.

Probably not an issue, though. People bitch about the system, but populations across the tiers are significantly more balanced than they were before the system was implemented. Also they get a free pass this week so if they get hammered in the next matchup nobody's going to feel bad.

Though I do agree letting it go for a week is not the correct solution, I don't know the technical side of moving servers around mid-matchup.

~ Kovu

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > So the server that received the erroneous links will get to advance due to this "Bug"? Or are you going to fix the match and repeat the match-ups from this week? Very unfair to the other servers facing them. YB will now just roll over everyone. Look at the current match-up between YB, HOD and SOS - YB is walking away with it and the other servers can't stop or slow them down, and they know it. Should have been as simple as going in like you do on Friday night and re-linking the servers and zeroing the scores. If I worked there and made that mistake I would want to fix it. Professionalism should be job one. Enjoy the Christmas present YB.

>

> What is it 2015? Nobody cares if another server moves up.

^^^ there is no reason to be “happy” about winning. Play to fight and have fun.

> @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > @"Ni In.6578" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" Can CD and GoM get a special title for this mistake: "Lonely"?

>

>

> Why BG was alone for YEARS and never got a title for it.

>

>

>

That’s because they stacked the server and ultimately got us into the mess we’re in today.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Unfortunately, due to technological limitations, we cannot amend this error until the next scheduled reset, which will take place on 28 December 2018.

Are these the same technological limitations that made it possible to change the reset schedule to a week ahead in the first place? :thinking:

Also RIP CD.

> @"Kilo.2539" said:

> > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > @"Ni In.6578" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" Can CD and GoM get a special title for this mistake: "Lonely"?

> >

> >

> > Why BG was alone for YEARS and never got a title for it.

> >

> >

> >

>

> That’s because they stacked the server and ultimately got us into the mess we’re in today.

Can you please tell me the names of the guilds on this supposed stack server? Last I knew they had like 5 maybe 6 main wvw guilds. A nice solid group pugs who happen to play a ton of hours.

> > @"Kilo.2539" said:

> > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > @"Ni In.6578" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" Can CD and GoM get a special title for this mistake: "Lonely"?

> > >

> > >

> > > Why BG was alone for YEARS and never got a title for it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That’s because they stacked the server and ultimately got us into the mess we’re in today.

>

>

> Can you please tell me the names of the guilds on this supposed stack server? Last I knew they had like 5 maybe 6 main wvw guilds. A nice solid group pugs who happen to play a ton of hours.

I’m talking yearsssss ago. This mess we’re in didn’t just happen overnight.

Yeah but then again you have to remember BG also lots about 7 guilds since linking became a thing, so I don't know why everyone is still blaming a server that is only holding on a thin string.

OMG, THEY GOT A LINK sorry you don't like them. And I am happy to see them get a link, their small (er) wvw community has been through hell these last few months to a year losing about 7 guilds and being locked for 2 years straight, no new players. Hell even on the small window of a mistake opening a few months ago, Agg moved over and they left cause they couldn't get their people in...

> @"Towelie.9504" said:

> Since the re-links last night there probably was a lot of transfers going on. Are links going to be re-calculated to take consideration of this?

>

> Like prior to vs now today CD + Mag is going to be an extremely weak pair as Mag just lost likely a ton of active players as an example. I think "re-running the link algorithm" or whichever you guys may call it would probably come out with different link pairings >today< than they were >yesterday<.

if your transferring on day one of a linking their is a good chance you where not going to be staying with or without this 4 linking thing happening

> @"Izaak.3945" said:

> What was the root cause of this linking issue?

>

> What precautions are being taken so this does not happen in the future?

>

> Will Crystal Desert players be compensated for having to transfer servers since WvW is unplayable?

while the first two are good questions. but why would they compensate you for your own bad decision? they didn't force you to transfer

I know there's nothing you can do, Gaile Gray. You just happen to be the one who gets to respond to our complaints and observations and I thank you for doing so.

The current match up looks like this. No queues for our server anywhere. Not a very fair week ANeT. Leaving it alone is worse than the mistake. Just click on the "jpg" at the end.

PPT:

[http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw259.jpg](http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw259.jpg "http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw259.jpg")

Map:

[http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw261.jpg](http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw261.jpg "http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw261.jpg")

Score:

[http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw260.jpg](http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw260.jpg "http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/Heibi_2008/gw260.jpg")

> Yeah but then again you have to remember BG also lots about 7 guilds since linking became a thing, so I don't know why everyone is still blaming a server that is only holding on a thin string.

>

> OMG, THEY GOT A LINK sorry you don't like them. And I am happy to see them get a link, their small (er) wvw community has been through hell these last few months to a year losing about 7 guilds and being locked for 2 years straight, no new players. Hell even on the small window of a mistake opening a few months ago, Agg moved over and they left cause they couldn't get their people in...

Even with the losing 7 or whatever number guild, BG was still full (stacked).

With this latest fiasco, chances are ET will receive transfers and you guys will be back to same old 24hr coverage.

There are servers with very less OCX/SEA coverage and i don't see them complaining. Its always when BG loses a guild that was covering a timezone, everyone there is up in arms that they weak and not a full server and should be open.

Still full, because everything is based on players HOURS. BG just happens to have the server with work from home, own their own company, retired players who put in stupid amounts of hours. Because they can, they don't have to go to school or work. And if they do they don't have to leave their homes. I don't think many people on BG minded losing some of the guilds they lost. Their main community the pugs are whats keeping the server going.

Morning world!

Let's see. Looks like the long weekend is just.....gonna be sad long weekend for some who did not plan for a short vacation.

I do hope that the relink will not follow the planned relink as the planned relink is based on a dated population data. I am confident that many have transferred due to this incident thus the link should be reviewed to ensure that the population disparity between servers is at the optimal range.

I hope anet understood clearly that furthermore mismanagement will simply enrage your players and angry players are not gonna be pleasing.

> Still full, because everything is based on players HOURS. BG just happens to have the server with work from home, own their own company, retired players who put in stupid amounts of hours. Because they can, they don't have to go to school or work. And if they do they don't have to leave their homes. I don't think many people on BG minded losing some of the guilds they lost. Their main community the pugs are whats keeping the server going.

BG has a ton of players, it's just that none of them log into wvw except when one of two server commanders are playing. When it happens, they get a full map stack on one spot, and as soon as the commander logs off, BG's dead again. Don't blame links, blame the fair weather players/guilds who won't play without a full-on blob.