Teamwork rewarded over skill?

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > @"Axelteas.7192" said:

> > > This is the least solo friendly game I ever played.

> >

> > I actually kind of agree with that. It is true that most of the content in this game can be done without a group, but most events aren't designed to be done by one player. Even though you can play "solo", you will still need help from others also running around "solo".

> >

> > I'd like having replayable solo content, with meaningful rewards. There's already some pretty nice solo stuff, like the Caladbolg story or the dwarven ruins in Desert Highlands, but they are a one time thing.

>

> Except for meta events, just about all events, adventures, story instances, holiday events, dungeons, living world episodes, etc. are doable solo (some require a certain amount of player skill though).

>

> You are correct, most meta events are designed to be run as a group of players but do not require grouping or much coordination.

>

> Now what are we comparing this too? Dungeons/instances in other MMOs? Open world content in other MMOs? Endgame gear acquisition in other MMOs? How exactly is this game solo unfriendly when most other MMOs actually require you to participate in group or raid content to even be eligible for gear or loot?

A lot of group events (that's why they are called group events), story instances and dungeons weren't designed to be soloed. Yes, you may be able to solo them, but they are not solo content. Soloing Lupicus isn't something a casual looking for fun solo content would do.

You're right, most meta events don't require grouping or coordination, but you still need others to do them with. I'm not able to solo the Shatterer and that's good, because he belongs to the open world group content.

I'll just compare GW2 to WoW this time, since you want a comparison. Even though most content in WoW is Dungeons and Raids, because of the power creep of the new max lvl and gear with every expansion a solo player can play more and more content. They can do old Raids / Dungeons solo to look for skins. Yes, they too, like in GW2, weren't designed to be solo content, but they turn into it through immense power creep.

WoW has various side things like Fishing, Archeology (Is it still a thing?), Island expeditions (even though a part of the community doesn't like them, could also be wrong here, quit WoW after WotLK) designed for solo-players. They have pet battles, the brawler's guild (comparable to the Queens Gauntlet, i think?), Mage tower for different skins for their weapons introduced in Legion etc.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Teevell.1684" said:

> > The whole point of an MMO is there are other players with you. Sounds like it's not your game type, and you should go back to games like Bloodborne and Hollow Knight, both of which are great games but aren't for me, just like MMOs clearly aren't for you. Not everything is going to be for everyone.

>

> No I think I'd like them to change it instead since I've probably played this game and gw1 which was more solo friendly, longer then you have.

I pre-ordered this game and played in the early access weekend, and I played GW1 too.

So...nice assumptions there.

As so many have told you, this is an MMO, and one of their design philosophies is for players to always be happy to see another player. They want us to be playing with others, even if it's not in organized, instanced content.

And even still, there is a lot of content in this game that can be done solo.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > dungeons = teamplay

> > raids = teamplay

> > WvW = teamplay

> > fractures = teamplay

> > PvP = teamplay

> >

> > where is this 99.9% solo play ppl talk about?

>

> Dungeons = discontinued since vanilla

> raids = 1 per year

> WvW = no content in ages

> fractals = 1-2 per year

> Spvp = see WvW

>

> All of this with a team of 5-10 people at most.

>

> Meanwhile on the solo pve front:

> - new Living World Episodes regularly (4-5 per year) with entire new maps

>

> All of this with multiple teams working parallel on Living World Episodes.

>

> You were saying?

>

> Do you really want to compare developer resources between solo and group content for this game?

It's more than one raid a year.

WvW has received many changes.

Fractals we have seen many changes and a fair amount of new fractals, as well as a couple remakes of old fractals.

Spvp we have recieved a few new maps, and a new lobby.

I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

> @"spartan.9421" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > dungeons = teamplay

> > > raids = teamplay

> > > WvW = teamplay

> > > fractures = teamplay

> > > PvP = teamplay

> > >

> > > where is this 99.9% solo play ppl talk about?

> >

> > Dungeons = discontinued since vanilla

> > raids = 1 per year

> > WvW = no content in ages

> > fractals = 1-2 per year

> > Spvp = see WvW

> >

> > All of this with a team of 5-10 people at most.

> >

> > Meanwhile on the solo pve front:

> > - new Living World Episodes regularly (4-5 per year) with entire new maps

> >

> > All of this with multiple teams working parallel on Living World Episodes.

> >

> > You were saying?

> >

> > Do you really want to compare developer resources between solo and group content for this game?

>

> It's more than one raid a year.

> WvW has received many changes.

> Fractals we have seen many changes and a fair amount of new fractals, as well as a couple remakes of old fractals.

> Spvp we have recieved a few new maps, and a new lobby.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raid

You are correct, over the entire period of time since the announcement of raids it has been a total of 2 raids per year. This is mainly due to the first 3 wings getting released within 3/4 of a year. Ever since then the release cadence has been getting slower and slower. 2018 saw exactly 1 raid release and there is no indicator of this increasing. Even at 2 raid wings per year, that is hardly comparable to how much living world content gets released.

WvW has seen 1 new map in 6 years and some reworks of its reward structure as well as minor reworks to mechanics. In 6 years. Not sure if you are kidding or clueless.

Fractals did see some new releases and reworks. Again no where on the scale of open world content.

Spvp has seen a new lobby and a total of 3-4 new maps in 6 years added as well as reworks to the rewards system. A new game mode with 1 new map.

I love how you just make statements, keep them vague and assume that this automatically makes them arguments. I did not say WvW and Spvp have never seen content, I said they haven't seen content in ages (which remains true). We know the amount of people working on different content (since this has been communicated multiple times to the player base from Arenanet). The sizes of teams are as I have described and the vast majority do not work on structured group content, spvp or wvw.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > @"Axelteas.7192" said:

> > > > This is the least solo friendly game I ever played.

> > >

> > > I actually kind of agree with that. It is true that most of the content in this game can be done without a group, but most events aren't designed to be done by one player. Even though you can play "solo", you will still need help from others also running around "solo".

> > >

> > > I'd like having replayable solo content, with meaningful rewards. There's already some pretty nice solo stuff, like the Caladbolg story or the dwarven ruins in Desert Highlands, but they are a one time thing.

> >

> > Except for meta events, just about all events, adventures, story instances, holiday events, dungeons, living world episodes, etc. are doable solo (some require a certain amount of player skill though).

> >

> > You are correct, most meta events are designed to be run as a group of players but do not require grouping or much coordination.

> >

> > Now what are we comparing this too? Dungeons/instances in other MMOs? Open world content in other MMOs? Endgame gear acquisition in other MMOs? How exactly is this game solo unfriendly when most other MMOs actually require you to participate in group or raid content to even be eligible for gear or loot?

>

> A lot of group events (that's why they are called group events), story instances and dungeons weren't designed to be soloed. Yes, you may be able to solo them, but they are not solo content. Soloing Lupicus isn't something a casual looking for fun solo content would do.

>

> You're right, most meta events don't require grouping or coordination, but you still need others to do them with. I'm not able to solo the Shatterer and that's good, because he belongs to the open world group content.

and yet for the 2 - 3 group events and 2 - 3 meta events in Blazeridge Steppes (since you mentioned Shatterer) there is approximately 30-40 solo events on cycle in that map (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blazeridge_Steppes). This remains true for just about all maps.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

>

> I'll just compare GW2 to WoW this time, since you want a comparison. Even though most content in WoW is Dungeons and Raids, because of the power creep of the new max lvl and gear with every expansion a solo player can play more and more content.

this helps with endgame gear acquisition how? Also power creep does and has existed in this game. Soloing a dungeon now is barely a feat.

I do get what you are saying though: You feel as though this game has less meaningless content which can take up time and is actually irrelevant compared to WoW. That is true. Content here does not become completely irrelevant due to gear scaling and people are not hand held through a constant gear grind carrot on a stick. That I can agree with, WoW is amazing at recycling shit and making people do all sorts of useless things thanks to their constant gear grind. The mere fact that you have to constantly gear in WoW and the game has bazillion of transmog skins can keep people busy for ages.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> They can do old Raids / Dungeons solo to look for skins. Yes, they too, like in GW2, weren't designed to be solo content, but they turn into it through immense power creep.

That is a matter of preference. Compared to WoW, GW2 has a lot more viable endgame content which can be played by mere fact that old content does not become throwaway or which provides a constant amount of reward towards an end goal. At the same time, if we were to compare relevant endgame gear acquisition only, GW2 trumps WoW in the solo friendliness by mere fact that you never have to group ever, yet are still able to acquire best in slot gear.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> WoW has various side things like Fishing, Archeology (Is it still a thing?), Island expeditions (even though a part of the community doesn't like them, could also be wrong here, quit WoW after WotLK) designed for solo-players. They have pet battles, the brawler's guild (comparable to the Queens Gauntlet, i think?), Mage tower for different skins for their weapons introduced in Legion etc.

Agreed on everything. WoW has a ton of side content to take up some ones time and which they can added since they are probably 10 times as big as Arenanet. That's why WoW is such a nicely designed themepark MMO which keeps people doing the same stuff over and over. I'm sorry that this is not present here.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

>

> They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

>

> Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

Id rather be handed legendaries for possessing 10x the amount of skill then the average player, thanks. Especially if they are legendaries that you can only get with said personal skill and by no other means, especially not being able to mooch off of others abilities or get carried or pay your way to victory.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Also good communication is a far harder skill to master then hand movement. It should be rewarded more then any person skill.

Haha, yah right, try communicating to many of the bosses of any videogame throughout history. 99% of all guilds who do raids or group content don't have to say anything, because everyone knows what to do, they simply have to execute it, which is 99% of the battle. You can talk until you are blue in the face and even get the strategy perfect and communicate it perfectly, but if the players don't have the skill, it could take years of practice to get good, depending on the game your playing and the difficulty of the content. Thats why skill is the great equalizer. Here's an example of the feet I just achieved. You would think skill like this could be on display in this game and rewarded as such. (it is to some extent in spvp, but that still requires teamwork.)

Think the average gw2 player can do this? no damage? it could take years of practicing many games to reach this level. I just did this same feet many times yesterday, wheres my ability to show this type of skill off in gw2 and be rewarded as such? As you can see no talking or coordination with other players, no carry, no cooperation just pure skill and some memorization, which is necessary in any game.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > Yes, let's complain about group content when literally 95% of the game is casual and solo friendly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As to why team content gets rewarded better? Easy, if rewards were higher in solo content, the market would be flooded with stuff and the economy would go haywire. You might believe you are the be-all end-all of players but I guarantee you, there is many players who will be even better.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That and the fact that any time actually slightly challenging solo content gets added the forums light up like a Christmas tree during holiday season (there, even gave you a holiday reference).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They need to add in permanent content that is extremely difficult and rewarding and does not require the help of others. Also others cannot help. Gw2 has catered to every crowd except this one.

> > > > >

> > > > > I find soloing fractals to be very challenging.

> > > >

> > > > Yah but very unrewarding.

> > >

> > > I have mixed feelings on this. Sure it puts less gold in my wallet than other content for the time invested, but the feeling of accomplishment at the end is pretty rewarding to me.

> >

> > Would be nice if skill was rewarded properly like it is in every other game.

>

> > > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > Why is teamwork rewarded over personal skill in this game so much. Everything seems to revolve around teamwork, and its rewarded as such.

> > >

> > > For two reasons:

> > >

> > > 1) 99.999% of players are **not** that insanely skilled individual. They actually vaguely resent that individual... and would scream bloody murder if he was given access to any rewards they didn't also have super-easy access to.

> > >

> > > 2) Anet plays to (and markets to) these sentiments **heavily**... The resentful, zero-skill bozo finds a home in this MMO that he couldn't find in any other.

> >

> > Thats pretty sad and I agree with you, I gravitate towards games like bloodborne which I have plantinumed as well as hollow knight which I have just recently 100%. Its sad this game doesn't have solo content on par with the type of challenge and skill that is required to complete these types of games. If the player base doesn't improve and is challenged and properly rewarded, then where is the incentive to play, get better and improve oneself.

>

> OK, ok, I'll keep ya company my friend!

>

> In detail, please explain this... "Would be nice if skill was rewarded properly like it is in every other game."... Like what are these "every other game"? Give me clear examples of "skill" being "rewarded properly"?

>

> "games like bloodborne"... the single player PlayStation game?

>

>

>

> So what do you want exactly? You want challenging solo content for this Online MMORPG, but you can't explain exactly what you want? You want single player playstationesque dungeons? Single player playstationesque you vs npc army mode? Single player playstationesque spsvp fight npc monsters mode? Single player playstationesque open world simulator? Private jps?

>

> What do you want the "rewards" to be for displaying super solo skills?

>

> The more you are specific, the more the devs can understand what you want and not just dismiss the thread as you being "silly" yet again.

>

> Edit- And to be helpful... I want to remind you that GW2 is a live MMO. It's not a single person game made for console. You should probably stick to console games when you want to be "properly rewarded" for your "skill" while playing solo, because GW2 will not be able to meet your solo needs in this case.

I want a challenge that can only be soloed. Something for gw2 that could be this? How about a jumping puzzle where you have to keep traversing it or you die if you lag behind. The JP throws random elements and platforms and distractions at you, generated randomly. All while having to solo dps a boss and keep yourself alive while moving. In the end give out a legendary. See how many people can do this? That would be a reward with serious prestige behind it, and you would have nobody else to blame but yourself if you couldn't get it. All you could do is practice and get better, which is what is so addicting about personal skill, every time you play you get a bit better, and it encourages you to keep trying. When you finally do achieve it, it feels really good and walking around an mmo with a reward like this for all to see feels great.

By having the elements that are thrown at you be in random succession, it makes memorization difficult, and botting nigh impossible. So only reaction time and skill will win out.

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Also good communication is a far harder skill to master then hand movement. It should be rewarded more then any person skill.

>

> Haha, yah right, try communicating to many of the bosses of any videogame throughout history. 99% of all guilds who do raids or group content don't have to say anything, because everyone knows what to do, they simply have to execute it, which is 99% of the battle. You can talk until you are blue in the face and even get the strategy perfect and communicate it perfectly, but if the players don't have the skill, it could take years of practice to get good, depending on the game your playing and the difficulty of the content. Thats why skill is the great equalizer. Here's an example of the feet I just achieved. You would think skill like this could be on display in this game and rewarded as such. (it is to some extent in spvp, but that still requires teamwork.)

>

>

> Think the average gw2 player can do this? no damage? it could take years of practicing many games to reach this level. I just did this same feet many times yesterday, wheres my ability to show this type of skill off in gw2 and be rewarded as such? As you can see no talking or coordination with other players, no carry, no cooperation just pure skill and some memorization, which is necessary in any game.

More of a problem of game making then the a probable of communicating to others. I suggest raids in games like WoW are not real team work they are simply playing the game beside others with different goals. Healers are fighting hp bars tanks are fighting aggro and dps is fighting the mobs hp bar. When you have combos where you need other ppl to call out there skills to let other pull off there skills in a combo attks is when you have real team work.

FF11 had a realty good combo sytom called "skill chains" it would be a very elemental base of attks to trigger the skill chain but after this effect was trigger there was a window for a magic attk buff of the right elemental type to land massive dmg and effects. Its what i loved about that game and what i was looking for in gw2 combo fields and it was there for a time. Sadly its realty fallen behind the curve of skills of many classes.

Memorization not true "skill" true skill is being able to adapted to what is going on in a random moment to moment. OR you just be a human and talk to others and use team work to adapted to a random moment with far more brain power etc.. but you need that communication skill (maybe the only important skill a human needs).

>@"Cyninja.2954" said:

> and yet for the 2 - 3 group events and 2 - 3 meta events in Blazeridge Steppes (since you mentioned Shatterer) there is approximately 30-40 solo events on cycle in that map (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blazeridge_Steppes). This remains true for just about all maps.

>

Yeah, and those events are pretty rewarding with their 2 blues and 1 green they give. There's no reason to ever do them again.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> >

> > I'll just compare GW2 to WoW this time, since you want a comparison. Even though most content in WoW is Dungeons and Raids, because of the power creep of the new max lvl and gear with every expansion a solo player can play more and more content.

>

> this helps with endgame gear acquisition how? Also power creep does and has existed in this game. Soloing a dungeon now is barely a feat.

Not everything has to be about endgame gear acquisition. This game especially isn't about that. The power creep in this game is laughable in comparison to WoWs power creep. Soloing solo content shouldn't be a feat, it should be enjoyable.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> I do get what you are saying though: You feel as though this game has less meaningless content which can take up time and is actually irrelevant compared to WoW. That is true. Content here does not become completely irrelevant due to gear scaling and people are not hand held through a constant gear grind carrot on a stick. That I can agree with, WoW is amazing at recycling kitten and making people do all sorts of useless things thanks to their constant gear grind. The mere fact that you have to constantly gear in WoW and the game has bazillion of transmog skins can keep people busy for ages.

>

You don't get what i'm saying.

How is WoW's old content meaningless? I've never said that. In fact, it is more meaningful for the solo player now to farm old skins for transmogs. Dungeons in GW2 have become even more irrelevant than old WoW dungeons because only a small part of the playerbase revisits them. They are pretty much abandoned by developers and players. The "constant gear grind carrot on a stick" has nothing to do with WoW's old content. It's about skins, mounts.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > They can do old Raids / Dungeons solo to look for skins. Yes, they too, like in GW2, weren't designed to be solo content, but they turn into it through immense power creep.

>

> That is a matter of preference. Compared to WoW, GW2 has a lot more viable endgame content which can be played by mere fact that old content does not become throwaway or which provides a constant amount of reward towards an end goal. At the same time, if we were to compare relevant endgame gear acquisition only, GW2 trumps WoW in the solo friendliness by mere fact that you never have to group ever, yet are still able to acquire best in slot gear.

>

Back at it again with the "endgame gear acquisition". Not everything is about gear. Maybe it is for you. Having BiS gear never really mattered much to me in WoW, yet i still had lots of solo content to do. This game? Log in, ask myself what i want to do, see everything needs a group or is set on a timer, log out.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > WoW has various side things like Fishing, Archeology (Is it still a thing?), Island expeditions (even though a part of the community doesn't like them, could also be wrong here, quit WoW after WotLK) designed for solo-players. They have pet battles, the brawler's guild (comparable to the Queens Gauntlet, i think?), Mage tower for different skins for their weapons introduced in Legion etc.

>

> Agreed on everything. WoW has a ton of side content to take up some ones time and which they can added since they are probably 10 times as big as Arenanet. That's why WoW is such a nicely designed themepark MMO which keeps people doing the same stuff over and over. I'm sorry that this is not present here.

"Doing the same stuff over and over", sounds a lot like GW2 to me. Need a new legendary? Farm gold through Fractals / Istan. Want that new shiny infusion? Fractals / Istan.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> >@"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > and yet for the 2 - 3 group events and 2 - 3 meta events in Blazeridge Steppes (since you mentioned Shatterer) there is approximately 30-40 solo events on cycle in that map (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blazeridge_Steppes). This remains true for just about all maps.

> >

>

> Yeah, and those events are pretty rewarding with their 2 blues and 1 green they give. There's no reason to ever do them again.

>

So this is about reward, not content. Got ya.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > >

> > > I'll just compare GW2 to WoW this time, since you want a comparison. Even though most content in WoW is Dungeons and Raids, because of the power creep of the new max lvl and gear with every expansion a solo player can play more and more content.

> >

> > this helps with endgame gear acquisition how? Also power creep does and has existed in this game. Soloing a dungeon now is barely a feat.

>

> Not everything has to be about endgame gear acquisition. This game especially isn't about that. The power creep in this game is laughable in comparison to WoWs power creep. Soloing solo content shouldn't be a feat, it should be enjoyable.

>

Maybe you simply do not enjoy this games content. Maybe you enjoy the style of content and delivery as how WoW does it. Could also be a reason.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > I do get what you are saying though: You feel as though this game has less meaningless content which can take up time and is actually irrelevant compared to WoW. That is true. Content here does not become completely irrelevant due to gear scaling and people are not hand held through a constant gear grind carrot on a stick. That I can agree with, WoW is amazing at recycling kitten and making people do all sorts of useless things thanks to their constant gear grind. The mere fact that you have to constantly gear in WoW and the game has bazillion of transmog skins can keep people busy for ages.

> >

>

> You don't get what i'm saying.

> How is WoW's old content meaningless? I've never said that. In fact, it is more meaningful for the solo player now to farm old skins for transmogs. Dungeons in GW2 have become even more irrelevant than old WoW dungeons because only a small part of the playerbase revisits them. They are pretty much abandoned by developers and players. The "constant gear grind carrot on a stick" has nothing to do with WoW's old content. It's about skins, mounts.

>

WoW's old content is good for 1 thing: achievements and transmog gear. That's it. I mentioned this. If you enjoy spending time being overpowered and 1-shotting everything, that's fine. MAny of us do. That is not meaningful content though. It's basically stuff to do. There is a ton of achievements in this game too, my guess is that you simply do not enjoy the process here.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > They can do old Raids / Dungeons solo to look for skins. Yes, they too, like in GW2, weren't designed to be solo content, but they turn into it through immense power creep.

> >

> > That is a matter of preference. Compared to WoW, GW2 has a lot more viable endgame content which can be played by mere fact that old content does not become throwaway or which provides a constant amount of reward towards an end goal. At the same time, if we were to compare relevant endgame gear acquisition only, GW2 trumps WoW in the solo friendliness by mere fact that you never have to group ever, yet are still able to acquire best in slot gear.

> >

>

> Back at it again with the "endgame gear acquisition". Not everything is about gear. Maybe it is for you. Having BiS gear never really mattered much to me in WoW, yet i still had lots of solo content to do. This game? Log in, ask myself what i want to do, see everything needs a group or is set on a timer, log out.

>

This is more of a personal motivational issue and you not adapting to this games content. Yes, this game does not hand hold you as much as WoW and is less of a theme park.

Also for not everything being about gear, you literally just complained about rewards being bad for events.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > WoW has various side things like Fishing, Archeology (Is it still a thing?), Island expeditions (even though a part of the community doesn't like them, could also be wrong here, quit WoW after WotLK) designed for solo-players. They have pet battles, the brawler's guild (comparable to the Queens Gauntlet, i think?), Mage tower for different skins for their weapons introduced in Legion etc.

> >

> > Agreed on everything. WoW has a ton of side content to take up some ones time and which they can added since they are probably 10 times as big as Arenanet. That's why WoW is such a nicely designed themepark MMO which keeps people doing the same stuff over and over. I'm sorry that this is not present here.

>

> "Doing the same stuff over and over", sounds a lot like GW2 to me. Need a new legendary? Farm gold through Fractals / Istan. Want that new shiny infusion? Fractals / Istan.

>

Again, this is directly related to the fact that this game constantly gives you value reward wise which you then get to decide how to spend. Unlike WoW where you get temporary direct rewards which in the long run become meaningless.

I doubt you have even crafted 1 legendary (maybe credit card warrior-ed it) or you would not be complaining about stuff to do. I certainly remember my first legendary taking me over 1 year.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> So this is about reward, not content. Got ya.

>

Simplifying my answer, ignoring the rest i said about side content. Got ya.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> Maybe you simply do not enjoy this games content. Maybe you enjoy the style of content and delivery as how WoW does it. Could also be a reason.

>

Maybe i do enjoy this games content. Maybe i wish there would also be solo content. Seems like you're hardstuck on the WoW-idea now because i mentioned it.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> WoW's old content is good for 1 thing: achievements and transmog gear. That's it. I mentioned this. If you enjoy spending time being overpowered and 1-shotting everything, that's fine. MAny of us do. That is not meaningful content though. It's basically stuff to do. There is a ton of achievements in this game too, my guess is that you simply do not enjoy the process here.

>

And dead dungeons pretty much no one does are meaningful content? I'd rather have content everyone can do solo than neglected content. "Comple XX explorable dungeons", nice achievements.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> This is more of a personal motivational issue and you not adapting to this games content. Yes, this game does not hand hold you as much as WoW and is less of a theme park.

>

This is about a plea to Anet to add solo content, yet you are here telling everyone that wants different content, that is not already in the game, to go away?

This has nothing to do about hand holding. Guess raids should have never been implemented, since they weren't there from the beginning.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Also for not everything being about gear, you literally just complained about rewards being bad for events.

>

Didn't know gear is the only reward there is. I guess other items do not exist in your world.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> Again, this is directly related to the fact that this game constantly gives you value reward wise which you then get to decide how to spend. Unlike WoW where you get temporary direct rewards which in the long run become meaningless.

>

> I doubt you have even crafted 1 legendary (maybe credit card warrior-ed it) or you would not be complaining about stuff to do. I certainly remember my first legendary taking me over 1 year.

???

How are rewards like mounts you can use everywhere meaningless? How are skins meaningless? How are fun items meaningless?

I actually have 3 legendaries, didn't use my credit card for them, farmed them. Never had luck with a precurser drop.

And you know what? Those legendaries are pretty meaningless. The game doesn't actually reward you constantly.

What is even your point here? You're just spouting nonsense. You're hardstuck in your own mentality.

"Everyone without a legendary shouldn't play this game" - That's what you sound like.

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

> >

> > They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

> >

> > Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

>

> Id rather be handed legendaries for possessing 10x the amount of skill then the average player, thanks. Especially if they are legendaries that you can only get with said personal skill and by no other means, especially not being able to mooch off of others abilities or get carried or pay your way to victory.

They you better choose your games more wisely. MMO's simply don't reward individual players to the extent that they reward teamwork. It would be a luxury at this point for Anet to create content completely out of line with the concept of the game.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> "Everyone without a legendary shouldn't play this game" - That's what you sound like.

>

Nope, I sound like the person who disagrees with the statement that this MMO is the least solo friendly MMO in the market.

You might not enjoy the solo content or disagree with the rewards it provides, does not mean it does not exist or that a majority of the developer resources are devoted to it.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > "Everyone without a legendary shouldn't play this game" - That's what you sound like.

> >

>

> Nope, I sound like the person who disagrees with the statement that this MMO is the least solo friendly MMO in the market.

>

> You might not enjoy the solo content or disagree with the rewards it provides, does not mean it does not exist or that a majority of the developer resources are devoted to it.

The majority of the developer resources are devoted to open world group content. If you can't see that, idk.

I've played a lot of MMOs, and to me this is one of the least solo friendly MMOs.

Guess we have to agree to disagree.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > "Everyone without a legendary shouldn't play this game" - That's what you sound like.

> > >

> >

> > Nope, I sound like the person who disagrees with the statement that this MMO is the least solo friendly MMO in the market.

> >

> > You might not enjoy the solo content or disagree with the rewards it provides, does not mean it does not exist or that a majority of the developer resources are devoted to it.

>

> The majority of the developer resources are devoted to open world group content. If you can't see that, idk.

> I've played a lot of MMOs, and to me this is one of the least solo friendly MMOs.

> Guess we have to agree to disagree.

We have a differing opinion of what accounts for solo content.

Your definition is: stuff I can do absolutely solo.

Mine is: I am not required to group.

Both are valid. Both make sense. Both have a differing view on how developer resources are being spent. It's fine to agree to disagree.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Raknar.4735" said:

> > > > "Everyone without a legendary shouldn't play this game" - That's what you sound like.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nope, I sound like the person who disagrees with the statement that this MMO is the least solo friendly MMO in the market.

> > >

> > > You might not enjoy the solo content or disagree with the rewards it provides, does not mean it does not exist or that a majority of the developer resources are devoted to it.

> >

> > The majority of the developer resources are devoted to open world group content. If you can't see that, idk.

> > I've played a lot of MMOs, and to me this is one of the least solo friendly MMOs.

> > Guess we have to agree to disagree.

>

> We have a differing opinion of what accounts for solo content.

>

> Your definition is: stuff I can do absolutely solo.

>

> Mine is: I am not required to group.

>

> Both are valid. Both make sense. Both have a differing view on how developer resources are being spent. It's fine to agree to disagree.

Guess i can agree with that.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

> > >

> > > They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

> > >

> > > Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

> >

> > Id rather be handed legendaries for possessing 10x the amount of skill then the average player, thanks. Especially if they are legendaries that you can only get with said personal skill and by no other means, especially not being able to mooch off of others abilities or get carried or pay your way to victory.

>

> They you better choose your games more wisely. MMO's simply don't reward individual players to the extent that they reward teamwork. It would be a luxury at this point for Anet to create content completely out of line with the concept of the game.

Yes other mmos do reward solo content and skill. For example in wow if you solo a dungeon you get all of the other players loot given to you. This cant be done on gw2 because all loot is individualized for each player. Now they could fix this by giving solo clears of dungeons 4x the normal amount of drops since you are doing 4x the amount of work. Dungeons solo clears arent particularly hard though so I would like something that is like this but much harder.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

> > > >

> > > > They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

> > > >

> > > > Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

> > >

> > > Id rather be handed legendaries for possessing 10x the amount of skill then the average player, thanks. Especially if they are legendaries that you can only get with said personal skill and by no other means, especially not being able to mooch off of others abilities or get carried or pay your way to victory.

> >

> > They you better choose your games more wisely. MMO's simply don't reward individual players to the extent that they reward teamwork. It would be a luxury at this point for Anet to create content completely out of line with the concept of the game.

>

> Yes other mmos do reward solo content and skill.

Here is an idea ... if you are convinced other MMO's do that for solo, go play them. If you are convinced GW2 doesn't do it enough or at all, don't play it for solo play. You don't seem to get how this game works as a business; there is almost no business case for Anet to develop 'hard' solo content; it's not the market the game appeals to.

> Dungeons solo clears arent particularly hard though so I would like something that is like this but much harder.

We can imagine all kinds of things Anet could do; that's not the point. This example is particularly relevant because obviously dungeons were not designed to be soloed. Again, if you didn't take a hint at how content rewards players from your own example, then maybe you should take pause to wonder why you can solo a dungeon in the first place and what that means with regards to teamwork rewarding players over skill.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

> > > >

> > > > They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

> > > >

> > > > Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

> > >

> > > Id rather be handed legendaries for possessing 10x the amount of skill then the average player, thanks. Especially if they are legendaries that you can only get with said personal skill and by no other means, especially not being able to mooch off of others abilities or get carried or pay your way to victory.

> >

> > They you better choose your games more wisely. MMO's simply don't reward individual players to the extent that they reward teamwork. It would be a luxury at this point for Anet to create content completely out of line with the concept of the game.

>

> Yes other mmos do reward solo content and skill. For example in wow if you solo a dungeon you get all of the other players loot given to you. This cant be done on gw2 because all loot is individualized for each player. Now they could fix this by giving solo clears of dungeons 4x the normal amount of drops since you are doing 4x the amount of work. Dungeons solo clears arent particularly hard though so I would like something that is like this but much harder.

Yea and in wow you can out gear dungeons so they are easier then killing moas in gw2 open world .

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

> >

> > They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

> >

> > Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

>

> Id rather be handed legendaries for possessing 10x the amount of skill then the average player, thanks. Especially if they are legendaries that you can only get with said personal skill and by no other means, especially not being able to mooch off of others abilities or get carried or pay your way to victory.

So you want external validation for yourself on top of the external validation other players will give you?

Fair enough. So long as you yourself accept that hollow justification as well. They are just skins, after all. No harm in throwing out more bones.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > I think the high skill players are rewarded by prestige. They get a lot more props and attention if they duel or upload a soloing video than someone showing their guild taking on a map event or zerging in WvW.

> > >

> > > They also have more knowledge to strut with regards to build viability, counters and advice.

> > >

> > > Is it just me or are there not that many rewarding rewards either way? When I play GW2, it's because I'm having fun, not for the rewards.

> >

> > Id rather be handed legendaries for possessing 10x the amount of skill then the average player, thanks. Especially if they are legendaries that you can only get with said personal skill and by no other means, especially not being able to mooch off of others abilities or get carried or pay your way to victory.

>

> So you want external validation for yourself on top of the external validation other players will give you?

>

> Fair enough. So long as you yourself accept that hollow justification as well. They are just skins, after all. No harm in throwing out more bones.

Yup that's all I'm asking for, a legendary that cant be obtained by opening your wallet, which you can with 99% of the legendaries in the game. I dont see those people walking around with any less prestige or sense of accomplishment that have obtained those.

Tons of raiders walking around with full legendary and they paid for the clears same with those in spvp who paid for carries to legend or wvw where you simply get them by showing up and pressing one, much more efficiently then actually playing wvw with technical skill and prowess.

Might as well have some legendary equipment thats actually based on something besides pay to win, or show up and chat to win.