Do you enjoy fighting Mesmers?

Asur.9178

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes, always have always will. Any build or spec.

Though you can take that with bias as it is from the point of view of mesmer vs mesmer - which for me is one of the most fun fight scenarios next to mesmer vs thief (edit - I mean stuff like old power shatter vs d/p, not say old PU condi vs perma stealth deadeye if that was possible - where I can just imagine the boredom).

Subjectively, seeing "evade" while teleporting/juking around each other with mind tricks is more fun than two people hitting each other in the face while seeing "0 damage" or bullet sponge sustain. It feels more engaging and visually stimulating. At least you know you can wreck a mesmer with sufficient burst at the right time.

I enjoy fighting against condi mirage the most cause its the most skill based spec in the game.

It doesn't have huge upfront burst and you can react to anything unless you're mashing buttons just as he does confusion and doesn't have random 1shots like power builds do. It uses stamina so when you see them dodge you know exactly how much stamina they have left. I play mirage myself so i like fighting other mirages cause i know how it feels in their shoes

unless they're playing sage's amulet in which case they're a bunch of kittens cause sage is good for 1v1 but its much worse overall to impact the game with but even sage is more acceptable than power builds cause power is just random cheesy 1shot bursts

don't like any power versions of mesmer cause its cheesy and more dice-rolley

don't like fighting chrono cus its annoying stall and imo not very viable but hey the current #1 is a chrono so what do i know, from my experience it's not viable

that's why condi mirage is the most fun class to fight in the game on my mirage at least

> @"Abazigal.3679" said:

> Other, because the point of view is debatable.

>

> I enjoy fighting mirages in 1v1 situations, but i hardly enjoy facing 2 mesmers in 5v5 situations, especially when there are also 1-2 scourges aside.

That's a good point - when it's 2, 3 or more mesmers together then yes things become visually messy which I can appreciate it being not as fun.

I partly blame the game's archaic tab targeting system.

Never did, didnt like it went I first played this game 6 yeast ago and had no idea what a hell was going on, or the "good old days" of perplexity mesmers on WvW were i knew that fighting one was a lost fight allready, the elite specs basically took everything annoying about mesmer(and other professions) turn it all the way to 11....yeah, I guess I wouldnt be mad if Anet decided to remove Mesmer from the game.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> I do enjoy fighting core Mesmers. Chrono and Mirage simply rotates endless defensive cooldowns packed with offense.

You enjoy fighting core mesmers because they suck and aren't viable.

Regarding the question, I'm not crazy about fighting other mesmers and I don't mind it either, for me it is as fun as fighting other professions.

There hasn't been a single iteration of Mesmer since launch that I enjoyed seeing regardless of game mode. They've been a pain in the ass in WvW and PvP without cease. And their ability to give quickness and skip content with portal in PvE was bad enough in core during the dungeon days, everything got worse with the release of HoT and Chrono with all its bullshit tools.

Even aesthetically I hate Mesmer. Pink is the ugliest and most annoying colour there is, only brown is close to being as fugly. The existence of these hues are a farce and an eyesore. Purple is pretty bad too, but some shades of it are ok. Everything that is pink and brown would be better if it was another colour.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> Even aesthetically I hate Mesmer. Pink is the ugliest and most annoying colour there is, only brown is close to being as fugly. The existence of these hues are a farce and an eyesore. Purple is pretty bad too, but some shades of it are ok. Everything that is pink and brown would be better if it was another colour.

So a Brown Charr Mesmer is the Epitome of Uglyness to you?

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > Even aesthetically I hate Mesmer. Pink is the ugliest and most annoying colour there is, only brown is close to being as fugly. The existence of these hues are a farce and an eyesore. Purple is pretty bad too, but some shades of it are ok. Everything that is pink and brown would be better if it was another colour.

>

> So a Brown Charr Mesmer is the Epitome of Uglyness to you?

Yes. Charr are also the worst race.

Remove Charr.

Rebuild the Great Northern Wall

Make Ascalon Great Again

To me worst part about fighting mesmer is Torment. Basically I'm forced to stand still or run and die from torment. If I stand still I'm gonna eat all other kind of nasty attacks most likely. I got condi removals that are needed for confusion and sometimes I use it to cleanse Torment too, but it also seems that they can apply Torment too easily. If i were to balance it, Id change some Torment into bleeding. But it might be that I'm just not skilled enough to dodge all these Torments.

I dont mind to fight any class, my only issue is the block/absorbVS unblockable wars, almost 1shot trough unblockables is a bit strong when it happens.... bit to much...

There should be skills that would bypass absortion and others blocks...n or traits/skills that would bypass them players could choose from one another in the trait line.

About mesmers, the 1-2 sec burst out of stealth can be a issue... due game sync+lag.

ANet bad skill design also helps alot the above feelings, some tend to overperformance against non gimmick builds.

The problem with this game is play cheese and lame or gtfo.

They are one of the main reasons I'm staying away from PvP. And in others modes, I hate how many utility tools they have compared to others classes. They can blink a huge distance away with a short cooldown, stealth or perma buff their entire group, teleport 25 people across a great distance, and have a ton of cleanse and defensive cooldowns on top of that. And while building like this does reduce your DPS capabilities, it's not nearly as punishing for mesmers as it is for others classes. And both of the elite specs took what was worst about them and added another ton of it...

The main problem though is the 3 permanent illusions (but what am I saying, with the delay it's actually 5 or 6...) coupled with the messy targetting system. Rework the targetting system, make a real action camera instead of something that looks like it was stopped mid development, and nerf the utility of mesmers (nerfing their healing or damage won't change anything). Don't just nerf a few niche talents, nerf the core mechanics of the class. Then adapt the talents if the mesmer becomes lackluster in these niches.

one on its own any spec with no other ppl around its fine. but my eyes cant take anymore than one, same with scourges. so much screen clutter and effects. do think mirage is the second worse offender to scourges for annoying ness to play against the condi version is just disgusting with the sceptre and staff ambushes.

I thought we covered this already.

The description of mesmer on the wiki states, "They weave deceptive magic that seeks to confound, disorient, and dumbfound their enemies."

So, if you don't like getting deceived, confounded, disoriented, or dumbfounded, you aren't going to like fighting against mesmers, and likely never will.

(not saying that all reasons for not liking to fight against mesmers fall into these categories-just saying if the above applies to you, it's likely going to hinder your opinion, as that is the intended class description)

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> I do enjoy fighting core Mesmers. Chrono and Mirage simply rotates endless defensive cooldowns packed with offense.

Core mesmer is the worst tbh. The only variant I ever see is max cheese burst 1 shot from stealth with domi, duel, illus or subbing one of those out for longer stealth from chaos. Cheesy shallow game-play at its worst.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > I do enjoy fighting core Mesmers. Chrono and Mirage simply rotates endless defensive cooldowns packed with offense.

>

> You enjoy fighting core mesmers because they suck and aren't viable.

>

> Regarding the question, I'm not crazy about fighting other mesmers and I don't mind it either, for me it is as fun as fighting other professions.

No, I enjoy(ed) fighting mesmers because they werent all defensive cd cycling and clone spam. While the elite specs are just that.

I dislike Mesmer in every incarnation it has had so far. Its non interactive, frustrating to play against and based on visual clutter in a very visually cluttered game.

I have said time and again that the Mesmer Class design is TOXIC, well 82% of the people voting here agree in one way or another...