Please no more deserts!

coso.9173

Before PoF appeared, I was so excited for an actual desert to be on the game! But after the whole expac being in them and most of LS4 too, I'm a bit tired of them already. I know maps are not the same as others, and they offer variations, but still there's a lot that's being repeated and recycled and it's kind of looking boring by now IMO.

So I hope new chapters of LS (and the next expac too of course) will take us to some other more varied lands :)

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

>

> For just this episode.

Yeah remember S3 we were all over the map. S4 was very different in it kept us in the same region (not a bad thing imo).

Either way I'm excited! Finishing up A Star to Guide us atm, as I figure the new content won't be stable (read: patched) until the weekend.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

>

> For just this episode.

Well what comes after this episode? Season 5? So who knows where that will take us? Though the brand is definitely pointing in a certain unexplored direction at the moment. I don't mind more desert in Elona. I like the maps. May main concern is that I have little reason to go back there after I've been there once or twice. The Requiem armor is a one time thing and I didn't even bother considering the cost and the design flaws in it. Oh well. Hopefully the new map will be more exciting. I really like Jahai Bluffs as a map but just never go there anymore at all.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

> >

> > For just this episode.

>

> Well what comes after this episode? Season 5? So who knows where that will take us? Though the brand is definitely pointing in a certain unexplored direction at the moment. I don't mind more desert in Elona. I like the maps. May main concern is that I have little reason to go back there after I've been there once or twice. The Requiem armor is a one time thing and I didn't even bother considering the cost and the design flaws in it. Oh well. Hopefully the new map will be more exciting. I really like Jahai Bluffs as a map but just never go there anymore at all.

Hard to say what will come after this episode. We have at last one more map in the desert which is that section near Jahai.

Unfortunately pretty much all maps provide little incentive to go back to them once you’ve gotten what you wanted from them. The only exception being those with a fun/rewarding meta/farm.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

> > >

> > > For just this episode.

> >

> > Well what comes after this episode? Season 5? So who knows where that will take us? Though the brand is definitely pointing in a certain unexplored direction at the moment. I don't mind more desert in Elona. I like the maps. May main concern is that I have little reason to go back there after I've been there once or twice. The Requiem armor is a one time thing and I didn't even bother considering the cost and the design flaws in it. Oh well. Hopefully the new map will be more exciting. I really like Jahai Bluffs as a map but just never go there anymore at all.

>

> Hard to say what will come after this episode. We have at last one more map in the desert which is that section near Jahai.

>

> Unfortunately pretty much all maps provide little incentive to go back to them once you’ve gotten what you wanted from them. The only exception being those with a fun/rewarding meta/farm.

How do we know theres a map next to jahai?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

> > >

> > > For just this episode.

> >

> > Well what comes after this episode? Season 5? So who knows where that will take us? Though the brand is definitely pointing in a certain unexplored direction at the moment. I don't mind more desert in Elona. I like the maps. May main concern is that I have little reason to go back there after I've been there once or twice. The Requiem armor is a one time thing and I didn't even bother considering the cost and the design flaws in it. Oh well. Hopefully the new map will be more exciting. I really like Jahai Bluffs as a map but just never go there anymore at all.

>

> Hard to say what will come after this episode. We have at last one more map in the desert which is that section near Jahai.

>

> Unfortunately pretty much all maps provide little incentive to go back to them once you’ve gotten what you wanted from them. The only exception being those with a fun/rewarding meta/farm.

There are more gaps in the map when you look around the world. There could be a map there but it's hard to say whether they'll use it or not. But as I said the brand goes in that direction so it seems plausible to me that they will at some point. Time will tell I guess.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

> > > >

> > > > For just this episode.

> > >

> > > Well what comes after this episode? Season 5? So who knows where that will take us? Though the brand is definitely pointing in a certain unexplored direction at the moment. I don't mind more desert in Elona. I like the maps. May main concern is that I have little reason to go back there after I've been there once or twice. The Requiem armor is a one time thing and I didn't even bother considering the cost and the design flaws in it. Oh well. Hopefully the new map will be more exciting. I really like Jahai Bluffs as a map but just never go there anymore at all.

> >

> > Hard to say what will come after this episode. We have at last one more map in the desert which is that section near Jahai.

> >

> > Unfortunately pretty much all maps provide little incentive to go back to them once you’ve gotten what you wanted from them. The only exception being those with a fun/rewarding meta/farm.

>

> How do we know theres a map next to jahai?

The spot where Kralk may have landed. There are plenty of other locations too for the final episode. I’m sure LS5 will change things up as it leads up to the expansion.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

> > > > >

> > > > > For just this episode.

> > > >

> > > > Well what comes after this episode? Season 5? So who knows where that will take us? Though the brand is definitely pointing in a certain unexplored direction at the moment. I don't mind more desert in Elona. I like the maps. May main concern is that I have little reason to go back there after I've been there once or twice. The Requiem armor is a one time thing and I didn't even bother considering the cost and the design flaws in it. Oh well. Hopefully the new map will be more exciting. I really like Jahai Bluffs as a map but just never go there anymore at all.

> > >

> > > Hard to say what will come after this episode. We have at last one more map in the desert which is that section near Jahai.

> > >

> > > Unfortunately pretty much all maps provide little incentive to go back to them once you’ve gotten what you wanted from them. The only exception being those with a fun/rewarding meta/farm.

> >

> > How do we know theres a map next to jahai?

>

> The spot where Kralk may have landed. There are plenty of other locations too for the final episode. I’m sure LS5 will change things up as it leads up to the expansion.

>

>

Wasnt that spot his last known location before it made the jump in the mists? If kralky wanted it could spawn in cantha.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > Well we are definitely leaving Elona behind since we are moving to Thunderhead keep, though for why? That will be interesting to see.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For just this episode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well what comes after this episode? Season 5? So who knows where that will take us? Though the brand is definitely pointing in a certain unexplored direction at the moment. I don't mind more desert in Elona. I like the maps. May main concern is that I have little reason to go back there after I've been there once or twice. The Requiem armor is a one time thing and I didn't even bother considering the cost and the design flaws in it. Oh well. Hopefully the new map will be more exciting. I really like Jahai Bluffs as a map but just never go there anymore at all.

> > > >

> > > > Hard to say what will come after this episode. We have at last one more map in the desert which is that section near Jahai.

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately pretty much all maps provide little incentive to go back to them once you’ve gotten what you wanted from them. The only exception being those with a fun/rewarding meta/farm.

> > >

> > > How do we know theres a map next to jahai?

> >

> > The spot where Kralk may have landed. There are plenty of other locations too for the final episode. I’m sure LS5 will change things up as it leads up to the expansion.

> >

> >

>

> Wasnt that spot his last known location before it made the jump in the mists? If kralky wanted it could spawn in cantha.

Anything is possible but what we do know is that today we are going north of the existing Elona maps. So we may be following the brand northward instead of west of Jahai Bluffs as it is. It may indeed be more interesting to see where the brand started rather than where he left off.

I hope new chapters are alot underwater :D I know people hate that. i like it though and why did they drop that kill krait thing if we are not going underwater in the future? I'd like to see more detailed basement maps like ground floors of others. With deep sea caves, underground caverns & lakes, springs and who knows what! Even going into dwarven areas :D Shoot i'd like to see future dwarven map areas like western Desert highlands. Hope the new episode today has tons of it :D

You can have the desert up top and a world of water and completely different climate below!

Cantha has been explored already in Guild wars 1, i'm sure they'll do it eventually again, but there are large areas of the map further north and East that have never been touched i believe. Lots of places to do entirely new things! and add new races wink wink :D

> @"coso.9173" said:

> you think there's a new expansion in the work that could be a few months away? =o i haven't heard anything at all about this so far.

The fact that Season 5 was announced means an expansion "announcement" is at least 3-4 months out, unless season 5 itself is more then 4 episodes. Knowing Anet's writing, we won't know if theres room for an expansion until Ep 2, and not have any idea where the expansion will go until the last episode. Unless they announcement it ahead of the episode... which I kind of doubt, given the amount of hype it can generate if they keep it a secret.