Why no Serpentine Jewels from the Reward track?

Jeknar.6184

> @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

>

> This is more like Ambrite weapon-level of farm.

I'm not very concerned about the branded mass because I could just do the hearts with multiple characters and get 20 mass per character/day. I didn't even put much effort on the map and I'm already sitting at a stack of Branded Mass (50 came from the Reward Track tho).

But as long the Jewels are all behind the hidden chest, all this Branded mass will be useless for me except if I want to convert them to Volatile Magic since I don't want to have to bother going back to the map every day to do the two metas for who knows how long to get all the Jewels I need.

> @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

>

> This is more like Ambrite weapon-level of farm.

Multiple characters helps tremendously.

I get 240 a day from hearts. Another 24 a day from doing the dwarven chests. Maybe another 20 or so between the metas and hidden chests. Then there’s the one time per character amount of 25 for completing the map.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

> >

> > This is more like Ambrite weapon-level of farm.

>

> Multiple characters helps tremendously.

>

> I get 240 a day from hearts. Another 24 a day from doing the dwarven chests. Maybe another 20 or so between the metas and hidden chests. Then there’s the one time per character amount of 25 for completing the map.

That would mean strapping myself to this map and repeat the hearts every day for hours (12 characters) for two weeks if I want to get a stack a day. Is the thought not horrifying enough? To me , I'm "time-gated" by the amount of time I can play the game per week. And I want to play variable content. I could spend 30 minutes for the meta and do other things in between. By the end of the month, I would have more Serpentine Jewels than the Branded Mass. > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

> >

>

> I'm not very concerned about the branded mass because I could just do the hearts with multiple characters and get 20 mass per character/day. I didn't even put much effort on the map and I'm already sitting at a stack of Branded Mass (50 came from the Reward Track tho).

>

> But as long the Jewels are all behind the hidden chest, all this Branded mass will be useless for me except if I want to convert them to Volatile Magic since I don't want to have to bother going back to the map every day to do the two metas for who knows how long to get all the Jewels I need.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> >

>

> I'm not very concerned about the branded mass because I could just do the hearts with multiple characters and get 20 mass per character/day. I didn't even put much effort on the map and I'm already sitting at a stack of Branded Mass (50 came from the Reward Track tho).

>

> But as long the Jewels are all behind the hidden chest, all this Branded mass will be useless for me except if I want to convert them to Volatile Magic since I don't want to have to bother going back to the map every day to do the two metas for who knows how long to get all the Jewels I need.

> @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > > I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

> > >

> > > This is more like Ambrite weapon-level of farm.

> >

> > Multiple characters helps tremendously.

> >

> > I get 240 a day from hearts. Another 24 a day from doing the dwarven chests. Maybe another 20 or so between the metas and hidden chests. Then there’s the one time per character amount of 25 for completing the map.

>

>

>

> That would mean strapping myself to this map and repeat the hearts every day for hours (12 characters) for two weeks if I want to get a stack a day. Is the thought not horrifying enough? To me , I'm "time-gated" by the amount of time I can play the game per week. And I want to play variable content. I could spend 30 minutes for the meta and do other things in between. By the end of the month, I would have more Serpentine Jewels than the Branded Mass.

It only takes 10 min per character (or 2 hours for all 12) with the dwarven chest run about another 10 min. Map completion can be done in 30 min for a character new to the map. For the metas, you can time doing the hearts so you’re there to tag the final boss for each meta.

Fortunately you can farm the branded mass over time as the hearts don’t require other players. You could probably have both sets done in about 168 days if you only do the hearts on one character each day.

The reward track rewards branded mass but not serpentite, which is an issue since serpentite isn't as easily obtained (you need to get a chance via the metas , get a chance from some chests , or do the Hammer's hoard resplendent chest for 3 per day).

At 3 guaranteed per day it will take a while to gather 21 (7x3) for weapons + armor for anyone that doesn't have legendary and just wants diviner's stats for one character , let alone those looking to complete the dragonsblood weaponsets.

I think the baseline in the cache should be 6+ serpentite instead of the 10 branded mass as a baseline reward. Realistically you can complete reward track a few times a week with full boosters.

I typically do the story once over (with map complete) and then gather the currencies in WVW unless it's a guaranteed drop (winterberry). Most of my time is in WVW anyway...

I completely agree with OP. The only way to get these jewels is not only RNG with metas, but timegated when it comes to the Hidden Chest. WvW and PvP reward tracks should be an alternative way to obtain most PvE materials, and I believe these jewels should be added to the reward track as they are not a raid- or fractal-specific reward.

Even though it may not be meta, Diviner's gear is still the most interesting new stat combination in a while and something many WvW players like myself want to try out. My suggestion would be to add two Exquisite Serpentine Jewels to the reward track in the 15th and 35th positions or something similar.

The metas have no unique reward save for the new exotic mace and shield (it is my assumption this is how you acquire these weapons) as well as the Diviner's stat jewels and the plates (which are simply used to get more jewels). It is otherwise unlucrative- cue the old "2 greens and a blue" adage- as there are no unique infusion drops or anything else unique that will keep these metas alive for more than a month or two. In my opinion this is a poor way to design rewards and a rather annoying way of making people come back to a meta that is, frankly, lacking in almost every category.

All you have to do is look back at AB, TD, and DS- the HoT maps- to see the formula for a well-designed map meta. Honestly, even the Death-Branded Shatterer is still doing well because people are after the Crystal Infusion. Istan is lucrative. Hey look, people still play it. Then look at the Desolation and Serpent's Ire metas. No rewards, no one plays them. Tried and true formulae of what makes a successful map meta in GW2.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > > > I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

> > > >

> > > > This is more like Ambrite weapon-level of farm.

> > >

> > > Multiple characters helps tremendously.

> > >

> > > I get 240 a day from hearts. Another 24 a day from doing the dwarven chests. Maybe another 20 or so between the metas and hidden chests. Then there’s the one time per character amount of 25 for completing the map.

> >

> >

> >

> > That would mean strapping myself to this map and repeat the hearts every day for hours (12 characters) for two weeks if I want to get a stack a day. Is the thought not horrifying enough? To me , I'm "time-gated" by the amount of time I can play the game per week. And I want to play variable content. I could spend 30 minutes for the meta and do other things in between. By the end of the month, I would have more Serpentine Jewels than the Branded Mass.

>

> It only takes 10 min per character (or 2 hours for all 12) with the dwarven chest run about another 10 min. Map completion can be done in 30 min for a character new to the map. For the metas, you can time doing the hearts so you’re there to tag the final boss for each meta.

>

> Fortunately you can farm the branded mass over time as the hearts don’t require other players. You could probably have both sets done in about 168 days if you only do the hearts on one character each day.

>

>

It's not 30 min per map completion for a brand new character if you can't find a port to Consul's Tomb PoI. Or you have to do the lengthy story to that step.

> @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > > > > I don't know about you guys but I'm more worried about the Branded Mass cost per weapons than Serpentine Jewels. The Giant Hidden chest in the treasure room gives guaranteed 3 Serpentine Jewels /day/account. Doing meta and other hidden chests can give you some extra lucky ( I got +5 today by luck). BUT, how do you farm 210 Branded Mass per weapon? It's insane. If it takes 1 hour of doing meta a day to get Serpentine Jewels for 1 weapon, how many hours need for 210 Branded Mass? They barely drop from events.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is more like Ambrite weapon-level of farm.

> > > >

> > > > Multiple characters helps tremendously.

> > > >

> > > > I get 240 a day from hearts. Another 24 a day from doing the dwarven chests. Maybe another 20 or so between the metas and hidden chests. Then there’s the one time per character amount of 25 for completing the map.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > That would mean strapping myself to this map and repeat the hearts every day for hours (12 characters) for two weeks if I want to get a stack a day. Is the thought not horrifying enough? To me , I'm "time-gated" by the amount of time I can play the game per week. And I want to play variable content. I could spend 30 minutes for the meta and do other things in between. By the end of the month, I would have more Serpentine Jewels than the Branded Mass.

> >

> > It only takes 10 min per character (or 2 hours for all 12) with the dwarven chest run about another 10 min. Map completion can be done in 30 min for a character new to the map. For the metas, you can time doing the hearts so you’re there to tag the final boss for each meta.

> >

> > Fortunately you can farm the branded mass over time as the hearts don’t require other players. You could probably have both sets done in about 168 days if you only do the hearts on one character each day.

> >

> >

>

> It's not 30 min per map completion for a brand new character if you can't find a port to Consul's Tomb PoI. Or you have to do the lengthy story to that step.

It is as you can log off at that point until you do find one.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree these should be in the reward track. One of the main objectives of these (I have always believed) is to allow competitive players to get the stats without PvE. Are there any other stats where the crafting ingredients cannot either be either bought for gold or got from a reward track?

Meanwhile, if one does ONLY the hidden chest every day, they will get 3 jewels. The biggest issue are the branded masses you need for the ascended and/or exotic versions. The jewels are fine. You can buy the plate off tp even if you dont like/cant do the metas.

And think about this for a minute: if you could buy the jewels from tp, why would you even step foot in the map? Just do wvw/pvp for the tracks and thats it. Anet would shoot themselves in the foot.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Meanwhile, if one does ONLY the hidden chest every day, they will get 3 jewels. The biggest issue are the branded masses you need for the ascended and/or exotic versions. The jewels are fine. You can buy the plate off tp even if you dont like/cant do the metas.

> And think about this for a minute: if you could buy the jewels from tp, why would you even step foot in the map? Just do wvw/pvp for the tracks and thats it. Anet would shoot themselves in the foot.

Not everyone plays PvP though.

> @"Henri Blanche.8276" said:

> There needs to be a way to craft Exquisite Serpentite Jewels. Not expecting it to be cheap but geesh, ArenaNet gated these too much.

There is apparently a recipe but it requires a recipe sheet. Either it is unreleased or an extremely rare drop.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Meanwhile, if one does ONLY the hidden chest every day, they will get 3 jewels. The biggest issue are the branded masses you need for the ascended and/or exotic versions. The jewels are fine. You can buy the plate off tp even if you dont like/cant do the metas.

> And think about this for a minute: if you could buy the jewels from tp, why would you even step foot in the map? Just do wvw/pvp for the tracks and thats it. Anet would shoot themselves in the foot.

because even with boosters it takes around 4 hours to complete a track for 60 branded mass

mining out the whole map is around the same but I don't think that will take 4 hours