[QoL] Ability to see Enemy HP as Number

Greetings, GW2 Community!

I've been thinking about the interface ever since the update added the functionality to show the reserve we have left in the material storage.

And it occurred to me that it would be a simple, but useful change to show us how many HP our enemies have left, not just as a percentage value, we already have a bar to indicate that, but as the numerical value instead. Depending on the execution, we could get a checkbox for "Show enemy HP value" next to "Show enemy HP as Percentage". Checking the box could display the value on the right side of a creature's HP bar.

Do you think this would be a good addition?

On a related note: Are HP signed 32 bit integers?

I think the reason is simply that you are not supposed to know what build opposing players are running in competitive modes with just a glance. This would be very revealing in sPvP for instance, where only traits and runes can affect any added hp. This ends up giving an advantage to some over others, as some professions have several viable builds that don't change their healthpool size either. As for PvE I don't really see the point - why would you need to know?

> @"Critical Lag.9075" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > I'd be fine with just a percentage that didn't need some third party thing.

> That's been in game for a very long time now.

>

> F11->Show Target Health Percent , under general options.

>

>

Oh didn't know that was a thing, thanks. I always assumed it was people using arcdps.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> It was implemented in BGDM third party add-on and subsequently was deemed unfit. I don't anticipate Arenanet implementing this.

Can you give insight into why it was deemed unfit? Also, does the BGDM add-on work on Linux?

Edit: Apparently BGDM has been shut down.

In any case, I think HP as a number would be a great thing for raids, as it allows you to see how much pressure you still need to apply. As for the scaling, I'd be intrigued to see the effect. But yes, I'd probably try to reverse engineer the calculation behind it.

Another use would be a clearer comparison between enemy HP and your attacks in those cases, where a champion sits at 1 or 2 percent and you can't tell how much damage that is.