Hmm ... Where's Zojja ?

That scene right before the final battle was a little ruined for me by (unexplained) absence of Zojja. Logan(which was supposed to be 'out of field' Marshall but still arrives at the spot btw) and Rytlock are discussing the plan for encounter with pretty much their biggest and most important for their history enemy, Caithe is also close by after connecting with Aurene and finally truly 'reunited' with the team. Rytlock mentions events of their last battle with Kralkatorrik during the episode, how he is worried that we no longer have 'original' spear but he prefers to fight alongside the commander than to rely on some fancy dragon-killing weapon etc. It is obviously very important moment for what remained of Destiny's edge and Zojja... she is just not here. Nothing, complete radio silence. If there were any moment she could be introduced back into the story after events of HoT is was NOW. I don't care about rumoured problems with VA, at this point after so much (in game)time she could get a brand new one if that's the problem. I'm still waiting for her to be brought back. Or at least give us **anything**, even an in-game letter from her, explaining what was happening since HoT will do, **ANYTHING**. :

I asked about Zojja several AFC's ago and I never got a response from anyone at Anet. I'm not trying to discourage you but be ready for the same radio silence.

I do agree with you though. It's been four years(?) since we last heard of anything about her and those things were hearsay/rumors that can't be confirmed or denied because the Commander never sees her to see if any of that is true. I'd like to think that Anet could provide us with an update somehow that isn't reliant on a VA, such as an in-game letter or even a side story where we're checking on her or helping her with something. However, for whatever reason, I can only conclude that they're against this based on the fact they've done nothing with her since HoT. I heard she was supposed to return in Episode 2 of LWS4 but that got scrapped. I don't have a source for that, however.

On the flip side though, I'll admit that I've reached a point where I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied with anything Anet decides to do with her if they ever do anything with her again. Maybe she's better off and safer being on the sidelines and out of the story.

>! At the very least, they didn't kill Kralkatorrik with her being absent in this episode so I give Anet props/kudos for that.

OP I totally agree... I also thought of it during "A Star to Guide Us" - Snaff appears out of the Mists and it's... Taimi greeting him? Wuuut? Zojja missing that moment really was disappointing for me. If there is some issue with VA, as the above said, just give us a non-voiced letter from her or something. Even if she's out of the story for a long time, that could be part of it. At this point it would be weird AF if she suddenly appeared front-and-center in the story like everything was fine, because we've heard nothing for so long. Logan's recovery from HoT was handled well - minimal story involvement for awhile, but finally he's back and integrated again. Ugh... I miss Zojja and hate the gaping hole that exists now with so little reference to her.

> @"Zychuu.7294" said:

> Logan (who was supposed to be 'out of field' Marshall but still arrives at the spot btw)

Yes, his presence surprised me as well and struck me as odd regarding the facts that he turned down our offer to become a member of Dragon's Watch _and_ decided to not head into battle again. But since at least two years of story time have passed, I assume it is legitimate of him to change his mind. ;)

As for Zojja, I don't think we will see _her_ again _ever_. I don't know why it poses such an issue to replace her voice actress with someone else, but perhaps the devs have other reasons they can disclose to us **here**? :)

I don't think ANet has ever known the fans want a character back in the story more than Zojja, and yet... Eir died and somehow made a return appearance before Zojja???

Can't be sure she's ever coming back at this point. I would really be fine with a new VA if there's a money issue, and I think it would be easy to say her voice has changed due to her time in the blighting pod (perhaps she speaks through an artificial voice box now, as many have suggested). I'm fine with the idea of her being very sick and weak for a long time, which would explain her long absence.

Heck, one line from Caithe about feeling alienated once Aurene bonded with the Commander, and her long absence felt completely legit.

> @"Svennis.3852" said:

> I don't think ANet has ever known the fans want a character back in the story more than Zojja, and yet... Eir died and somehow made a return appearance before Zojja???

It annoys me that we managed to meet dead Eir and even god kitten Snaff before getting anything about Zojja.

> @"Lauren.3061" said:

> OP I totally agree... I also thought of it during "A Star to Guide Us" - Snaff appears out of the Mists and it's... Taimi greeting him? Wuuut? Zojja missing that moment really was disappointing for me.

I bet Zojja would be sooo pissed off for missing this chance.

Zojja was in a very weakened state after HoT and still recovering around the time of Eir's memorial, and then in LS3 some Asura researchers gossip about Zojja being all scrambled and having lost it. I'm guessing she is still out of it after what Mordremoth did to her in those pods... although we saw Logan was back though... so who knows what she's doing?!

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> It would be criminal if she isnt there when kralk dies (if). He killed snaff so its fitting tmshes there to see him go down.

>

> If shes even alive.

Ideally Snaff, Eir, and Glint will be there too. Maybe Desmina, the Judge, or other Mists characters too, since he's nomming their home.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Zychuu.7294" said:

> > Logan (who was supposed to be 'out of field' Marshall but still arrives at the spot btw)

>

> Yes, his presence surprised me as well and struck me as odd regarding the facts that he turned down our offer to become a member of Dragon's Watch _and_ decided to not head into battle again. But since at least two years of story time have passed, I assume it is legitimate of him to change his mind. ;)

>

The REAL Logan turned us down...but Mordremoth made a lot of copies. Did we really destroyed them all? What if this clone thinks he is the real Logan and decided to join us? His presence was both surprising and suspicious.

> As for Zojja, I don't think we will see _her_ again _ever_. I don't know why it poses such an issue to replace her voice actress with someone else, but perhaps the devs have other reasons they can disclose to us **here**? :)

They can change Zojja voice by simply making it as a result of failed experiment. It's really not a big deal.

> Guess the devs won't answer this one... So many interesting questions/threads, and they ignore them.

One potentially positive thought - if they stay silent on Zojja it’s obviously because bringing her back into the story isn’t entirely off the table.

But yeah, it’s been years with no update, so... who knows?

i do find it odd as heck that Zojja is missing and the intell he has is vast for Kralk so why is she missing. i know that as a mmo and seeing what players like more makes the choice of who gets more time. now its odd to the point that she is not even in the story at all. i think is Zojja had died then yes we would know it but no word means she is alive but why no contact for 4 to 5 years? its just a very odd situation they have her in right now.

> Guess the devs won't answer this one... So many interesting questions/threads, and they ignore them.

I guess you are right. Tons of question got answered during the last few days, so It's cool, but as you said looks like this one is not getting a reply anytime soon...

@edit. It kinda got answered. I know it's not like they can spoil the story, but this thread is more about expressing disappointment in Zojja's unreasonable absence than it is about expecting answers when(if) she will be back.

> @"Zychuu.7294" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Guess the devs won't answer this one... So many interesting questions/threads, and they ignore them.

>

> I guess you are right. Tons of question got answered during the last few days, so It's cool, but as you said looks like this one is not getting a reply anytime soon...

There is sorta kinda a reply -- at least there is a comment -- see https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/803604/#Comment_803604

• ArenaNet Staff

I think you all recognize that this is exactly the sort of question that the devs aren't likely to be able to answer. For if Zojja returns, it would be in the *future* and we really can't talk about *future* storylines, character development, or upcoming elements of the continuing saga.

This question truly is not being ignored -- nor are others of this sort. But some things cannot reasonably be answered, as we state on a regular basis and as we mention in the preparation for each Dev Celebration and AFC, too. Just like a movie script or the outline of a new novel, talking about what is coming is simply not a prudent thing to do.... nor a reasonable thing to expect. :)

So thank you for the question, the discussion, and the clear desire to see that character again. On a personal note, Zojja is one of my favorites, and I also hope we'll meet up with her again someday!

• ArenaNet Staff

This is a duplicate post because I've just discovered a Vanilla bug and I want to see what happens when I repost it. (For those curious, the bug is that Most Recent shows my 1:55 PM timestamp but another forum member's name AND the thread does not show the ArenaNet flag, although there clearly is an ArenaNet response.)

I think you all recognize that this is exactly the sort of question that the devs aren't likely to be able to answer. For if Zojja returns, it would be in the *future* and we really can't talk about *future* storylines, character development, or upcoming elements of the continuing saga.

This question truly is not being ignored -- nor are others of this sort. But some things cannot reasonably be answered, as we state on a regular basis and as we mention in the preparation for each Dev Celebration and AFC, too. Just like a movie script or the outline of a new novel, talking about what is coming is simply not a prudent thing to do.... nor a reasonable thing to expect. :)

So thank you for the question, the discussion, and the clear desire to see that character again. On a personal note, Zojja is one of my favorites, and I also hope we'll meet up with her again someday!