God of Mounts

so here's the thing and im pretty sure many have thought about this and maybe it will sound familiar or bad but here it goes

in game we have Gods and we have Dragons and mounts not to mention legendary weapons and armors with great design and appearance and effects (well, mostly).

so why dont we get something like a mounts God? something very unique to the game with unique and special skills and appearance, something we havent seen in gw2 yet, maybe a skill that requires specific condition to active and has unique great power.

personally i'd like to see such thing in game it will make great feature and possibly a game changing.

what do u think? good idea or too shallow?

I was confused by you talking about gods and a mount god, because while there's a lot of different gods in GW they mainly only exist in the lore. Also my first thought was to say that the norn believe there's a Spirit of the Wild for every animal, so there would be a Raptor spirit, Springer spirit, Skimmer spirit etc. (not entirely sure about the jackals, since they're artificial), but like the others Spirits they'd only rarely be seen. But then the rest of your post was entirely different.

But a legendary mount with unique abilities could be interesting, depending on what it is. I'm not sure what that would look like because even the default mounts in GW2 are like the special mounts you have to go out of your way to obtain in other games. They skipped the usual 'horse/other common animal with a 25% speed boost' step and went straight for a giant raptor which can leap over canyons as the basic mount, and then went from there, adding animals with new abilities in-game and fancier skins in the gem store.

I'm not saying they've got every possible kind of mount covered, but I think it would be harder than in most games to create a 'legendary' mount which is distinctly better than the ones we've got now.

About all I can think of is a true flying mount, one which can stay in the air indefinitely and gain height whenever you want, but that would cause a lot of issues with the way maps are designed, so it seems unlikely they'd do that.

I don't like the idea of legendary mounts. They won't do pure gimmick and they do skins through the store.

That leaves a unique mechanic which would end up locked behind grind.

Better to continue to use collections ala griffon and beetle and produce meaningful mounts we can all access reasonably easily

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I was confused by you talking about gods and a mount god, because while there's a lot of different gods in GW they mainly only exist in the lore. Also my first thought was to say that the norn believe there's a Spirit of the Wild for every animal, so there would be a Raptor spirit, Springer spirit, Skimmer spirit etc. (not entirely sure about the jackals, since they're artificial), but like the others Spirits they'd only rarely be seen. But then the rest of your post was entirely different.

>

> But a legendary mount with unique abilities could be interesting, depending on what it is. I'm not sure what that would look like because even the default mounts in GW2 are like the special mounts you have to go out of your way to obtain in other games. They skipped the usual 'horse/other common animal with a 25% speed boost' step and went straight for a giant raptor which can leap over canyons as the basic mount, and then went from there, adding animals with new abilities in-game and fancier skins in the gem store.

>

> I'm not saying they've got every possible kind of mount covered, but I think it would be harder than in most games to create a 'legendary' mount which is distinctly better than the ones we've got now.

>

> About all I can think of is a true flying mount, one which can stay in the air indefinitely and gain height whenever you want, but that would cause a lot of issues with the way maps are designed, so it seems unlikely they'd do that.

i get what u saying however, consider this, what if they design a legendary mount that requires the sacrifice of all existed mounts but also can use their abilites, and the mounts appearance depends on the skin you have equipped, like a mount that can cross canyons if you equip raptor skin (normal or other skin).

and it can jump like springer if its skin equipped...etc

so i think a shapeshifter mount that change to all other mounts and also use their abilities would be cool, like all in one

> @"OMG iTz Me.4871" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I was confused by you talking about gods and a mount god, because while there's a lot of different gods in GW they mainly only exist in the lore. Also my first thought was to say that the norn believe there's a Spirit of the Wild for every animal, so there would be a Raptor spirit, Springer spirit, Skimmer spirit etc. (not entirely sure about the jackals, since they're artificial), but like the others Spirits they'd only rarely be seen. But then the rest of your post was entirely different.

> >

> > But a legendary mount with unique abilities could be interesting, depending on what it is. I'm not sure what that would look like because even the default mounts in GW2 are like the special mounts you have to go out of your way to obtain in other games. They skipped the usual 'horse/other common animal with a 25% speed boost' step and went straight for a giant raptor which can leap over canyons as the basic mount, and then went from there, adding animals with new abilities in-game and fancier skins in the gem store.

> >

> > I'm not saying they've got every possible kind of mount covered, but I think it would be harder than in most games to create a 'legendary' mount which is distinctly better than the ones we've got now.

> >

> > About all I can think of is a true flying mount, one which can stay in the air indefinitely and gain height whenever you want, but that would cause a lot of issues with the way maps are designed, so it seems unlikely they'd do that.

>

> i get what u saying however, consider this, what if they design a legendary mount that requires the sacrifice of all existed mounts but also can use their abilites, and the mounts appearance depends on the skin you have equipped, like a mount that can cross canyons if you equip raptor skin (normal or other skin).

> and it can jump like springer if its skin equipped...etc

> so i think a shapeshifter mount that change to all other mounts and also use their abilities would be cool, like all in one

No Anet would not do that to remove the value of the already existing mounts. Wouldn't be cool and who needs a all in one, all in one's are never cool never wanted, just look at the all in one PC's a complete waste lol.

> i get what u saying however, consider this, what if they design a legendary mount that requires the sacrifice of all existed mounts but also can use their abilites, and the mounts appearance depends on the skin you have equipped, like a mount that can cross canyons if you equip raptor skin (normal or other skin).

> so i think a shapeshifter mount that change to all other mounts and also use their abilities would be cool, like all in one

Or, I can just hit one key and mount up on any mount I choose. Which is how the game already works.

Even if you don't have each mount bound to a hotkey, switching is far faster than opening the hero panel and selecting a new mount skin.

So, this "legendary mount" idea of yours is a strict downgrade to what we already have in-game.

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I was confused by you talking about gods and a mount god, because while there's a lot of different gods in GW they mainly only exist in the lore. Also my first thought was to say that the norn believe there's a Spirit of the Wild for every animal, so there would be a Raptor spirit, Springer spirit, Skimmer spirit etc. (not entirely sure about the jackals, since they're artificial), but like the others Spirits they'd only rarely be seen. But then the rest of your post was entirely different.

> >

> > But a legendary mount with unique abilities could be interesting, depending on what it is. I'm not sure what that would look like because even the default mounts in GW2 are like the special mounts you have to go out of your way to obtain in other games. They skipped the usual 'horse/other common animal with a 25% speed boost' step and went straight for a giant raptor which can leap over canyons as the basic mount, and then went from there, adding animals with new abilities in-game and fancier skins in the gem store.

> >

> > I'm not saying they've got every possible kind of mount covered, but I think it would be harder than in most games to create a 'legendary' mount which is distinctly better than the ones we've got now.

> >

> > About all I can think of is a true flying mount, one which can stay in the air indefinitely and gain height whenever you want, but that would cause a lot of issues with the way maps are designed, so it seems unlikely they'd do that.

>

0 chance of this happening.

As mentioned: it would cut into their revenue and since mounts are account wide, I doubt many people with multiple skins like myself would be happy to lose all of them.

Which brings us to: it would have to be insanely overpowered movement skill wise to be able to cover all the other mounts abilities. The griffon already is in that spot for most of the movement mounts, especially paired with then latest story masteries.

It would be better to introduce mounts which enhance the system without treading on other mounts movement abilities, if new mounts get introduced.

Now as far as skins go, I guess it depends on how much the developers are willing to sacrifice lore when doing something like this.

yws you guys make a very good points and mostly i havent thought of them however, what i mainly mean is new mount described as "The God of All Mounts", it doesnt have to be legendary quality like weps and armor, it can be obtainable through quest thats made specifically for it and about how its first mount and how things changed and there is more mounts now.. etc. A special quest for special mount and unique and maybe have part in next episode

without sacrificing, forget the sacrificing part xD

but a very unique mount unlike anything we've seen in GW2 so far

that would be really nice and cool

> yws you guys make a very good points and mostly i havent thought of them however, what i mainly mean is new mount described as "The God of All Mounts", it doesnt have to be legendary quality like weps and armor, it can be obtainable through quest thats made specifically for it and about how its first mount and how things changed and there is more mounts now.. etc. A special quest for special mount and unique and maybe have part in next episode

>

> without sacrificing, forget the sacrificing part xD

> but a very unique mount unlike anything we've seen in GW2 so far

> that would be really nice and cool

So.. griffon?

The only thing I can imagine listening to the description is griffons. It's a mount you don't strictly need and isn't as easy to get as the others. As for how cool mounts look - there are constantly new skins available that many people would consider to look 'epic'. So I'm not sure what's being proposed.

> but a very unique mount unlike anything we've seen in GW2 so far

Every single mount we've had so far has been unlike anything previously seen in GW2, or, to be honest, in any other MMORPG. OK, sure, Runes of Magic has the Torex, a small dinosaur like the Raptor (except smaller), but it's no more than any other MMORPG mount, just a fancy-looking visual for a speed boost.