Which class do you currently roam the most on beginning 2019?

EremiteAngel.9765

> @"lodjur.1284" said:

> What can I say, I truly hate myself

>

> Tbh when running fully solo (as opposed to 2-3 people) I prolly run mirage as often

>

> Also the colors for the choices in the poll feel really wrong

>

> Interesting poll but the data seems very off atm as it definitively doesn't represent the current distribution of people outside of zergs in WvW even remotely

You mean because there are a lot of people who picked Necro despite the ammount of condi mirages and longbow Soulbeasts we find out there? I'm pretty sure those either don't read/care the forum or are one of the people who picked Multiclass...

Mesmer seems low to me but that’s prob in comparison to just my server. I see mirage and soulbeast roaming the most on my NA server. I tried mirage to and wasn’t great at it,also never feel like I’m in melee combat cuz all the clones/phantoms doing a lot of the hits so kinda got bored of it fast. Seem to have best luck on core guard or dh,though not the greatest Roamer either

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> *Everyone pans necro and vote it as the worst 1v1 with worst mobility*

>

> *Necro is voted most common roamer*

I mean, I roam with two friends. A support firebrand and a power mirage, with me on my condi scourge. Sometimes the firebrand is away, but the mirage and I manage.

I hate running with zergs. Last time I did, our zerg leader had our zerg of 60~ run away from a zerg of 30~. After that, it was just. . .nah. Let's roam bois.

I guess it depends on how you define roaming. But if roaming is only one person, can I "hug" a roamer and effectively make them unable to roam? Because of its two people now?

I tend to think of roaming as up to 1-10 people generally. 11-20 is a skirmish. 21+ is a zerg. Most people I run with think of roaming as "not with the zerg", which seems fine to me too.

Lone roamers make for easy kills. GW2 was balanced as a team-game and it plays best that way (small teams, really. 5-10 people is the most fun imo), roaming solo is basically flipping a coin on if you are going to run into your counter/a group and get stomped, imo.

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> Use to main core s/d but it's becoming stale now, too much effort to play it with out taking dumbed down stuff like instant reflexes, dagger storm.

>

> Gone back to warrior for a while and I can actually fight back :o

But...but...but...Warrior is the very essence of "dumbed down".

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > Use to main core s/d but it's becoming stale now, too much effort to play it with out taking dumbed down stuff like instant reflexes, dagger storm.

> >

> > Gone back to warrior for a while and I can actually fight back :o

>

> But...but...but...Warrior is the very essence of "dumbed down".

Not really when most classes (apart from nec/guard) can kite warrior ;-)

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > Use to main core s/d but it's becoming stale now, too much effort to play it with out taking dumbed down stuff like instant reflexes, dagger storm.

> > >

> > > Gone back to warrior for a while and I can actually fight back :o

> >

> > But...but...but...Warrior is the very essence of "dumbed down".

>

> Not really when most classes (apart from nec/guard) can kite warrior ;-)

I've seen warriors kite, tank all the damage and literally run away from groups of 15+.

So yeah they suck at it.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > Use to main core s/d but it's becoming stale now, too much effort to play it with out taking dumbed down stuff like instant reflexes, dagger storm.

> > > >

> > > > Gone back to warrior for a while and I can actually fight back :o

> > >

> > > But...but...but...Warrior is the very essence of "dumbed down".

> >

> > Not really when most classes (apart from nec/guard) can kite warrior ;-)

> I've seen warriors kite, tank all the damage and literally run away from groups of 15+.

>

> So yeah they suck at it.

>

They are ofc tanky raid warriors with defiant stance, we both know this lol

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"lodjur.1284" said:

> > What can I say, I truly hate myself

> >

> > Tbh when running fully solo (as opposed to 2-3 people) I prolly run mirage as often

> >

> > Also the colors for the choices in the poll feel really wrong

> >

> > Interesting poll but the data seems very off atm as it definitively doesn't represent the current distribution of people outside of zergs in WvW even remotely

>

> You mean because there are a lot of people who picked Necro despite the ammount of condi mirages and longbow Soulbeasts we find out there? I'm pretty sure those either don't read/care the forum or are one of the people who picked Multiclass...

Very possibly, another theory is that a lot of the people who picked necro consider running from their waypoint to closest tag roaming, or people who roam on necro spend more time on the forum that ingame cause of the current meta.

To be fair to all professions there probably should be a Most OP Zerger poll as well.

It’s too bad elite specs haven’t opened up new WvW roles for some professions. At this point in the game it may make sense to run multiple professions rather than wait for X to be better at roaming and have Y become better at zerging.

I think all the Necro votes are due to a combination of Necro mains being some of the most active forum users and people wanting to be snowflakes.

I don't roam exclusively but I do it plenty enough to know that on NA in any given tier, crossing a Necro that's actually roaming (successfully) is like finding a unicorn.

And in regard to those saying roaming Necros are free bags - though yes they are at a much greater disadvantage than other professions, they are far from helpless puppies. The issue with Necro is low mobility and a lack of scaling defenses which means it's easy to kite or outnumber, two things that will happen a lot. However, that doesn't mean it isn't capable of straight up deleting people if they're not careful. Necro is incredibly strong in the right hands and I see people getting blown up by them all the time. The Necro doing the killing may not always be "roaming" but rather trying to get to their zerg or some other location, but they still manage to take people down who get too confident.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> I think all the Necro votes are due to a combination of Necro mains being some of the most active forum users and people wanting to be snowflakes.

>

> I don't roam exclusively but I do it plenty enough to know that on NA in any given tier, crossing a Necro that's actually roaming (successfully) is like finding a unicorn.

>

> And in regard to those saying roaming Necros are free bags - though yes they are at a much greater disadvantage than other professions, they are far from helpless puppies. The issue with Necro is low mobility and a lack of scaling defenses which means it's easy to kite or outnumber, two things that will happen a lot. However, that doesn't mean it isn't capable of straight up deleting people if they're not careful. Necro is incredibly strong in the right hands and I see people getting blown up by them all the time. The Necro doing the killing may not always be "roaming" but rather trying to get to their zerg or some other location, but they still manage to take people down who get too confident.

Happens to me all the time XD

I encounter a Scourge, poke at it playfully thinking it's just a zergling, and the next thing I know, I got floored by a flurry of shade spam and axe 2 lol...

> @"Dagger.2035" said:

> It’s too bad elite specs haven’t opened up new WvW roles for some professions. At this point in the game it may make sense to run multiple professions rather than wait for X to be better at roaming and have Y become better at zerging.

It's always made more sense that way. A lot of people just make a different toon for a different WvW role than re-specing.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > I think all the Necro votes are due to a combination of Necro mains being some of the most active forum users and people wanting to be snowflakes.

> >

> > I don't roam exclusively but I do it plenty enough to know that on NA in any given tier, crossing a Necro that's actually roaming (successfully) is like finding a unicorn.

> >

> > And in regard to those saying roaming Necros are free bags - though yes they are at a much greater disadvantage than other professions, they are far from helpless puppies. The issue with Necro is low mobility and a lack of scaling defenses which means it's easy to kite or outnumber, two things that will happen a lot. However, that doesn't mean it isn't capable of straight up deleting people if they're not careful. Necro is incredibly strong in the right hands and I see people getting blown up by them all the time. The Necro doing the killing may not always be "roaming" but rather trying to get to their zerg or some other location, but they still manage to take people down who get too confident.

>

> Happens to me all the time XD

> I encounter a Scourge, poke at it playfully thinking it's just a zergling, and the next thing I know, I got floored by a flurry of shade spam and axe 2 lol...

Scourge is the only reason I bring FGS (well that and every other ele elite is...,) kite kite kite, then drop FGS and spam away. If I see more blinding red, kite some more, then go in hard with regular sword.

Same with reaper, ‘cept those shouts....,

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > I think all the Necro votes are due to a combination of Necro mains being some of the most active forum users and people wanting to be snowflakes.

> >

> > I don't roam exclusively but I do it plenty enough to know that on NA in any given tier, crossing a Necro that's actually roaming (successfully) is like finding a unicorn.

> >

> > And in regard to those saying roaming Necros are free bags - though yes they are at a much greater disadvantage than other professions, they are far from helpless puppies. The issue with Necro is low mobility and a lack of scaling defenses which means it's easy to kite or outnumber, two things that will happen a lot. However, that doesn't mean it isn't capable of straight up deleting people if they're not careful. Necro is incredibly strong in the right hands and I see people getting blown up by them all the time. The Necro doing the killing may not always be "roaming" but rather trying to get to their zerg or some other location, but they still manage to take people down who get too confident.

>

> Happens to me all the time XD

> I encounter a Scourge, poke at it playfully thinking it's just a zergling, and the next thing I know, I got floored by a flurry of shade spam and axe 2 lol...

Isn't that how you play Scourge on zergs tho?