Time to change the daily login rewards

mykemyk.7456

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I need luck so dungeon tokens and map currencies are a waste. I don’t need BL statuettes either so those are a waste. I also have no need for boosters as I got ton when they used to come from BL chests. I find keys worthless as I tend to just get stuff I don’t need/want.

The fact is, we all need different things, for one, it would be put luck everywhere and for others tokens or extra items, obsidian....... , the best idea is to "satisfy" everyone, but here again, no one will even become fully satisfied. I personally enjoyed old dailies giving you a mystic coin+ 1 laurel a day. And monthly giving 50 mystics coins + 10 laurels, only players at the beginning will remember that, the new system is meh, but ok for some rewards: coins/tomes/laurels Those RNG bl merchandises are another joke. Also for luck you have artificer, you can craft a ton of them rapidly + salvaging them from equipment. Luck is already everywhere in the contrary of other stated things. Luck wasn't an issue before when we used to have upgrades/ gear sets giving magic find boost.

I like the GW2 log in structure a lot, since it doesn’t slap you in the face if you can’t log in for a day or two, but still benefits people who can log in every single day.

However, I would be a fan of the tomes of experience and the bags of luck to be replaced with something else. Idk what they could replace them with other than a handful of gems or something for like week 3 and week 4 rewards or something, but I doubt they’d give out free gems.

Someone said you get about 100 gold a month with log in, I have been playing a little over a month and never seen that. How are you getting that 100 gold? My things are i like the laurels the transmog charges, tomes please keep or add to those. A black lion chest key would be nice and maybe a chance at a random skin or mini

Something is wrong, and have to be corrected:

Here is what we earn in one month: 20 mystic coins + 55 laurels if you pick laurel as final day.

So around 30 gold + 55 x 10-30 silvers depending on t6, let's say 20s, so 11 gold

41 golds we are very far from 100. I'm kind let's say +6 gold with materials bags. so 47.

Note: can't count legendary shards, haven't selected them, + tomes = 0g.

Dunno about wardrobe/armor/weapon skins unlocks maybe too valuable to be added? That's why I suggested in the case of, statuettes.

I really don't see Anet replacing any of the daily rewards with any count of gems. That would, IMO, be really stupid on their part. Likewise, I can't see any higher amount of gold as it would dramatically affect the gold -> gem conversions. Both options listed here would reduce real money income.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/gHE93na.jpg)

>

> Remove Day 3 luck -> changes to other lucks: day 10: 500 luck , day 17: 1000 luck, day 24: 1500 luck (3000 total instead of our current 2000)

> Day 3 replaced by: Either 3 Bl statuettes or Dungeon tokens. (150)

> I think login rewards need a few tweaks: Day 4 and Day 18 black lion merchandises should be replaced by 1 bl key and 6 transmutation charges.

> Day 19 Bag of celebration booster should be replaced by a choice between: (Exp booster-Magic booster-Crafting booster)

>

> I really think that adding 1 key per month will not kill anyone, transmutation charges too, less easier to have them in pvE. (yeah i know about map completion)

Couldn't agree more really, even though there is a chance to get a BL key from one of the BL crates, it almost never happens. Getting BL tokens instead of luck would be nice specially if you are maxed out. An dungeon tokens can always be good and Anet already have the token claim ticket from BLchests. So they could use that.

Yeah the real issue it seems are those BL merchandises, they should be replaced with non-RNG, helpful things which would satisfy any cases:

BL Goods 1 -> 1 Black Lion Key (For those who want keys, but don't buy them or do completion very often/farming them)

BL Goods 2 -> 6 Transmutation charges (Equity with WvW and PvP)

BL Goods 3 -> 1 Dungeon tokens voucher (Always helpful, completing collections)

BL Goods 4 -> 5 Black Lion Statuettes (Great, can be exchanged for anything even skin unlocks)

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Yeah the real issue it seems are those BL merchandises, they should be replaced with non-RNG, helpful things which would satisfy any cases:

> BL Goods 1 -> 1 Black Lion Key (For those who want keys, but don't buy them or do completion very often/farming them)

> BL Goods 2 -> 6 Transmutation charges (Equity with WvW and PvP)

> BL Goods 3 -> 1 Dungeon tokens voucher (Always helpful, completing collections)

> BL Goods 4 -> 5 Black Lion Statuettes (Great, can be exchanged for anything even skin unlocks)

A choice of Dungeon Tokens is a really good idea in my opinion but all the others feel to generous... Not that I would mind a free key and 5 Statuettes every month B)

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Something is wrong, and have to be corrected:

> Here is what we earn in one month: 20 mystic coins + 55 laurels if you pick laurel as final day.

> So around 30 gold + 55 x 10-30 silvers depending on t6, let's say 20s, so 11 gold

> 41 golds we are very far from 100. I'm kind let's say +6 gold with materials bags. so 47.

It depends a lot on when you do the calculation. There was a time when a laurel could easily convert to a gold of coin and mystic coins were worth ~60s, so the total value would have been closer to 65-70 total.

Throw in 56 gold for dailies and the totals are ~110 gold currently, with a vague estimate of a peak closer to 120+ gold (probably before PoF; I'd have to double check). (I realize the original post concerns login rewards only; the 100 gold valuation is probably because some people include dailies as part of the account value, so that's probably why someone remembers that number instead of @"hugo.4705"'s more accurate estimates from login alone.)

Regardless of the exact numbers:

* The value varies depending on the market.

* Each account _could_ be worth an extra 100 gold/month depending on on whether one is willing to spend another 8-25 minutes per day.

What's more interesting to me is that it's worth exactly the same coin-value for veterans and new players. While 40+ gold in 28 days might not seem interesting to the Istani or RIBA farmers, it's a boon to those who started playing this year. It's easily enough to gear two level 80 characters in (mostly) exotics. Before the login rewards, that took a lot more time & effort (partly because exotics were more expensive then, partly because gold acquisition was less efficient for most people).

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> I really don't see Anet replacing any of the daily rewards with any count of gems.

It could work. If players had some gems, but not enough to buy what they want, chances are they'll eventually give in and buy the missing gems to get their item rather than wait some more weeks to get it for free. Impatience works in ANet's favor in this topic.

Am I the only one thinking they should never touch the login rewards or its system? First of all I use all of the rewards that come with it but most of all... most publishers that make changes in such things only get greedy and make it worse! What if they take out laurels (needed to buy recipes) and black lion salvage kits (the only way to get some runes now without gem shop). Just don't touch something that ain't broken. Fix needed stuff instead.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Towatha.4671" said:

> > Absolutely agree! I don't login for the rewards, they're just another extra. I'd imagine if I wasn't playing regularly those rewards wouldn't be enough to get me to login.

> >

> > The best system I've seen is from Elder Scrolls Online - the rewards change monthly with the best rewards in the 3rd week so you are encouraged to login.

>

> I really don't like Elder Scrolls Online's system. It's gotten better than it was, for a while they seemed wildly optimistic about what people could manage but it's still frustrating if you miss days and then end up missing out on a unique reward as a result. Yes I know it's only a game and if you're unable to log in for any reason that's supposed to also stop you caring about the unique items (I've been shouted down enough times on their forum), but it's still pretty disheartening to log in after some time away and get a giant splash screen going "Look at all the cool stuff you cannot have." Honestly when it gets to the point where I'm missing rewards other than random currency, especially if it's something I'd like to have, it puts me off logging in at all. It feels like a giant reminder than I'm not the kind of player they want.

>

> For me GW2's system is much better. The rewards are good enough that when I'm at home I'll make sure to log into both accounts to pick them up, even if I'm not planning on playing that day, but if I'm away from home and can't log in no matter how much I want to it doesn't bother me as much because I know I'll be able to get the rewards later on.

>

> There could be a middle ground however. The big advantage of GW2's system is that, other than laurels, there is nothing which is only available from login rewards. You're never going to miss out on an outfit or mini pet or whatever because you didn't log in for 25 days in a 30 day period. If the rewards changed but were not unique it wouldn't have the same problem as ESO does for me. For example they could include Season 4 map currency or volatile magic, then change to Season 5 when it's released.

>

> The problem however would be working out what to take out. I will be very surprised if there's anything in that table which everyone on this forum would be happy to lose, or get less often. I'd suggest the Chest of Exotic Equipment, Luck and Crafting Materials are the least appealing and probably the best ones to replace, but I'm sure someone will disagree.

You could have a hybrid of the two system. Rotating but also always progressing through the same items. At worse you would fall behind but never actually miss anything. There are pros and cons for all 3.

There are some stuff I wouldn't mind getting rid of but it's stuff you get for doing nothing.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> Someone said you get about 100 gold a month with log in, I have been playing a little over a month and never seen that. How are you getting that 100 gold? My things are i like the laurels the transmog charges, tomes please keep or add to those. A black lion chest key would be nice and maybe a chance at a random skin or mini

Here's the quote about 100G/month:

_So we are going to ommit the close to 100 gold per month (30 logins, excluding the final chest which adds even more) too?_

_Don't know, *getting over 60 gold in dailies* which are sometimes as fast as 5 minutes seems rewarding enough. On top of the aforementioned 30 day rewards._

The poster in question included the 60 Gold (2 Gold per day) from Dailies, and added the approximate 40 Gold from Log-in Rewards.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Something is wrong, and have to be corrected:

> Here is what we earn in one month: 20 mystic coins + 55 laurels if you pick laurel as final day.

> So around 30 gold + 55 x 10-30 silvers depending on t6, let's say 20s, so 11 gold

> 41 golds we are very far from 100. I'm kind let's say +6 gold with materials bags. so 47.

>

> Dunno about wardrobe/armor/weapon skins unlocks maybe too valuable to be added? That's why I suggested in the case of, statuettes.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Login_rewards

- 20 Mystic Coins = 27 gold

- 20 Laurels = 14 gold

- 2000 Luck = not valued in gold

- 10 Tomes of Knowledge = 10 - 20 gold (1 Tome - 1 Spirit Shard)

- 4 Gem Store items = not valued in gold

- 3 Transmutation charges = not valued in gold

- Bags Crafting Materials = 5 -10 gold

- 1 Equipment of Exotic quality Gear = 1 gold

- Celebration Booster = not valued in gold

- Chest of Loyalty = 2% gold drop increase (not valued in gold) + either [(ascended crafting materials = 10-13 gold) or (Laurels = 14 gold) or (legendary crafting materials = 35 gold) or (Tome of Knowledge = 6-12 gold)

------------------------------

Sum total: minimum 58 to maximum 107 gold (before any daily rewards)

Now I will give you that my original math was based on higher TP values from 1-2 years ago and some of the easier to convert rewards were more valuable (I went with easily achievable gold return in the math up top, Mystic Coins reach 1g 35s daily and above).

That still ignores the free gem item items (1 Black Lion Salvage Kit alone is an easy 10-20+ gold in return). I left out any additional rewards for dailies like Mystic Clovers from occasional Chest of the Mystic or additional crafting materials from daily gatherings which push the 2 gold per day calculation higher.

Now where most people will see no return on is (and thus the disparity in gold gained and the accumulation of materials begins):

- they do not convert Spirit Shard to gold

- they do not use Mystic Clovers (most valuable Chest of Loyalty reward) to craft legendary gear which they can sell or keep

- they do not convert Laurels

- they do not sell crafting materials

> @"Towatha.4671" said:

> Absolutely agree! I don't login for the rewards, they're just another extra. I'd imagine if I wasn't playing regularly those rewards wouldn't be enough to get me to login.

>

> The best system I've seen is from Elder Scrolls Online - the rewards change monthly with the best rewards in the 3rd week so you are encouraged to login.

ESO has really been knocking it out of the park lately. I really wish GW2 would just steal their ideas at this point. Would do wonders for this game.

I like that ESO changes the login rewards monthly.

I dislike that you need to log in pretty much every day to get the good ones (you can miss a few - the good rewards seem to come in the 4th week).

For a while, they were doing a 28 day cycle, so you could miss a few days and still get all the rewards. But it also meant that at the end of the month, you don't get any rewards because you got them all.

I'm not quite sure how GW2 could adopt the good part they have (you don't lose anything good by not logging in for a few days) with a rotation. What happens if the rotation changes when someone is midway through it?

I suppose the GW2 rotation could be the same, but the contents of the chest is determined when you get it. But then people would almost certainly complain: "I was 1 day away from getting this cool reward, and it switched to a crappy one"

I'd like a daily for every kind of content in the game every day. The usual PvE, PvP and WvW rewards. How about getting dungeon, jump puzzle, mini dungeon, world boss, and event completer every day! Each one contributes to the three for Daily gold, but you have all these extras to get writs of experience and account bound materials.

I think that one way to ensure the reward has value for players is to have some economic value to it. If it can be sold on the TP or salvaged, then you can assure people will like it.

The problem lies in rewards that cannot be converted to gold, thus they will be wasted if the player doesn't want it.

Since I really love my transmutation charges, I'd rather they add a way to convert them to gold rather than removing them from the rewards. If this cannot be done, an alternative is to give players a choice chest where one of the items _can_ be converted to gold.

But imagine the market boon if, for example... guaranteed wardrobe unlocks could be bought with transmutation charges (50? 100? Whatever seems a good price to keep the item rarity that ANet envisions for it).

Some of them feel a bit obsolete but I think many are still good. I think the black lion goods package, mystic coins, transmutation charges, laurels and tomes of knowledge should definitely stay - as well as the chest of loyalty.

If anything should go, its the gifts of luck.

Im indifferent on the crafting materials and exotic equipment. Dont need them myself but they can be okay for others.

Celebration booster aint bad.

Or you could turn it into a new currency that you could exchange for--- nah just kidding.