Do you mostly play with postprocessing on or off?

BlueJin.4127

I keep it on almost all the time, and with it off I feel like the game is very dull. But as I was saying in another thread just now I also spent a while getting my monitor set up just right for me, so the brightness is quite low (this forum looks slightly grey, like paper, rather than bright white) but the colours and contrast are adjusted to compensate to make sure I can still see everything. I sometimes have trouble with other people's screenshots because on my computer it's so dark I can't see what's even in the image, but the game itself looks perfect for me.

I did feel a bit like I was fighting with my monitor when I got it - it's my first 'gaming' monitor and straight out the box it was so bright even my Windows desktop hurt my eyes (and that's just a picture of the sea) - but after a while I managed to get it right. And the good part of the 'gaming' settings is it can save several sets of different presets so if I want to I can have different settings for each game I play.

Wow, I'm very surprised so many players play with postprocessing off most of the time. The reason I made this poll was because I was reading reddit and there was a post about PP where the majority of the replies said they played with PP off. The 2 biggest reasons for players turning PP off were the game being too bright, and the green outline that is weirdly tied to PP.

For those players who play GW2 mostly with PP off, do you play other games with PP off as well? Or is it just GW2 because of the mentioned issues? I always figured that the vast majority would play with PP on unless they had a really old computer, or are playing competitive games.

I've played with postprocessing on since release, but this thread (and the other recent one about this) inspired me to try disabling it - and having done so the game looks a lot better!

The question is, am I missing out on anything by having it turned off? I mean, anything other than inexplicable light sources and brickwalled contrast. (I'm not sure the term 'brickwalled' gets applied to visuals, but it seems appropriate here.)