nerf boonbeast when you nerf mirage

lightstalker.1498

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

>

> Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> >

> > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

>

> Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh damn I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> > >

> > > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

> >

> > Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

>

> Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh kitten I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

ah I see yea I missed that joke, think its time for my coffee lol

Unfortunately the ranger community is insistent the soulbeast is fine and needs buffs if anything.

Mirage can never be balanced without just outright deleting Mirage Cloak. I said EM wasn't the issue - MC is - and everyone disagreed. Look where we are. Unfortunately ANet will never do that because that'd actually be a design change.

Half of why Holo is so overtuned is boon spam and is heavily influenced by the concentration stat, and a good chunk of why it's OP in WvW is it runs dodge foods which procs TRV 50% more often letting it combo with its non-nerfed numbers over and over. Unfortunately the community also insists dodge food is fine and balanced because it's only "a few seconds less per dodge."

I've pushed the idea that these professions - and stealth stacking on DE - are bad of give way too much reward for their very low skill requirements/risk for what I'm pretty sure is longer than a year now. Nobody will admit these builds are overly-effective for how easy they are or are just downright OP for the real culprits. ANet doesn't want to promote a fun PvP experience and I don't think this community at large does, either. I doubt anything will change.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> > >

> > > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

> >

> > Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

>

> Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh kitten I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

It's pretty funny. One skill's cast time goes from 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds and revs act like they got completely obliterated.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> > > >

> > > > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

> > >

> > > Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

> >

> > Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh kitten I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

> It's pretty funny. One skill's cast time goes from 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds and revs act like they got completely obliterated.

Remember what happened when a few berserker skills went from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 second cast times? There were other factors that lead to the fall of berserker but rev has lost sustain since POF too and considering the class has had 1 viable build that performs a fairly specific role for since season 2 and has fallen out viability for prolonged periods of time twice, we had reason for concern. BTW sword 4 is now barely higher DPS than straight auto attacks now and is a DPS loss if it cleaves 2 or more targets since it splits damage. The only reasons it is still worth using is that it has a bit longer range than melee, that you can precast it during an enemies i-frame so it hits right as they become vulnerable again, and that it is tied to sword offhand where sword 5 is still much better than what axe or shield offer. Now sword 4 is like all the old rev "burst" skills where you are better off just auto attacking for max damage unless you can't for some reason. But hey rev is still viable for being able to win fights by outnumbering their opponent, that's too op.

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> > > >

> > > > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

> > >

> > > Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

> >

> > Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh kitten I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

> It's pretty funny. One skill's cast time goes from 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds and revs act like they got completely obliterated.

In pve they did which is what most sane Rev player was arguing. In pvp it’s a fine change as it still baits dodges early on activation.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> > > > >

> > > > > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

> > > >

> > > > Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

> > >

> > > Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh kitten I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

> > It's pretty funny. One skill's cast time goes from 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds and revs act like they got completely obliterated.

>

> Remember what happened when a few berserker skills went from 0.5 seconds to 0.75 second cast times? There were other factors that lead to the fall of berserker but rev has lost sustain since POF too and considering the class has had 1 viable build that performs a fairly specific role for since season 2 and has fallen out viability for prolonged periods of time twice, we had reason for concern. BTW sword 4 is now barely higher DPS than straight auto attacks now and is a DPS loss if it cleaves 2 or more targets since it splits damage. The only reasons it is still worth using is that it has a bit longer range than melee, that you can precast it during an enemies i-frame so it hits right as they become vulnerable again, and that it is tied to sword offhand where sword 5 is still much better than what axe or shield offer. Now sword 4 is like all the old rev "burst" skills where you are better off just auto attacking for max damage unless you can't for some reason. But hey rev is still viable for being able to win fights by outnumbering their opponent, that's too op.

So what you're saying is nerf sword autos then? Couldn't agree more!

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> > > > >

> > > > > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

> > > >

> > > > Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

> > >

> > > Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh kitten I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

> > It's pretty funny. One skill's cast time goes from 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds and revs act like they got completely obliterated.

> In pve they did which is what most sane Rev player was arguing. In pvp it’s a fine change as it still baits dodges early on activation.

In PvE power is always supposed to under perform condition on longer engagements. And renegade is in a better spot last patch than it ever has been before with the capability to do heavy heavy condition damage as well as a viable power dps support that pumps out alacrity to the entire raid with literally one push of a button. I wouldn't exactly call that "Rev obliterated in PvE."

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > > > > Seems like everybody agrees on elefication of main offenders. I'm picturing mirage/holo/boonbeast parents telling tales about turning into ele if their kids don't behave.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Better include revs in that list as they're one of if not the best roaming +1 atm....

> > > > >

> > > > > Either you continued the joke and I dont get it or you missed the joke.

> > > >

> > > > Rev mains cry like little babies over any nerf, they're kinda like the little brother of the oh kitten I'm having to explain it FeelsWeirdMan.

> > > It's pretty funny. One skill's cast time goes from 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds and revs act like they got completely obliterated.

> > In pve they did which is what most sane Rev player was arguing. In pvp it’s a fine change as it still baits dodges early on activation.

>

> In PvE power is always supposed to under perform condition on longer engagements. And renegade is in a better spot last patch than it ever has been before with the capability to do heavy heavy condition damage as well as a viable power dps support that pumps out alacrity to the entire raid with literally one push of a button. I wouldn't exactly call that "Rev obliterated in PvE."

In context, power herald was wiped off the map. That's really the point of the comments about shackling wave nerf as you're not taking it for condi rev so... ? And Alacrity Renegade is used exactly for that along with SS elite. You're there for the group support mainly and any damage is a huge step up from say, a druid. Point being, shackling wave increasing 100% in its cast time moved out power herald and with the introduction of diviners, moved in alacrity renegade.

I find alacrity renegade pretty fun and having SS keep the group topped off with rolling alacrity. Coming from playing chronomancer, it's a little refreshing.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> Unfortunately the ranger community is insistent the soulbeast is fine and needs buffs if anything.

>

> Mirage can never be balanced without just outright deleting Mirage Cloak. I said EM wasn't the issue - MC is - and everyone disagreed. Look where we are. Unfortunately ANet will never do that because that'd actually be a design change.

>

> Half of why Holo is so overtuned is boon spam and is heavily influenced by the concentration stat, and a good chunk of why it's OP in WvW is it runs dodge foods which procs TRV 50% more often letting it combo with its non-nerfed numbers over and over. Unfortunately the community also insists dodge food is fine and balanced because it's only "a few seconds less per dodge."

>

> I've pushed the idea that these professions - and stealth stacking on DE - are bad of give way too much reward for their very low skill requirements/risk for what I'm pretty sure is longer than a year now. Nobody will admit these builds are overly-effective for how easy they are or are just downright OP for the real culprits. ANet doesn't want to promote a fun PvP experience and I don't think this community at large does, either. I doubt anything will change.

>

At some point, i doubt you can adjust anything to be honest, which is probably why they function into nerfing 1 build and buffing an other. PoF specializations are mostly all OP, and if anything could be done, it would be revamping core and HoT builds since you cannot delete PoF.

What's pretty annoying is when you play with core guards and core thieves and get rolled by scourges soulbeasts and mirages, who do not seem to do much effort.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> Unfortunately the ranger community is insistent the soulbeast is fine and needs buffs if anything.

>

> Mirage can never be balanced without just outright deleting Mirage Cloak. I said EM wasn't the issue - MC is - and everyone disagreed. Look where we are. Unfortunately ANet will never do that because that'd actually be a design change.

>

> Half of why Holo is so overtuned is boon spam and is heavily influenced by the concentration stat, and a good chunk of why it's OP in WvW is it runs dodge foods which procs TRV 50% more often letting it combo with its non-nerfed numbers over and over. Unfortunately the community also insists dodge food is fine and balanced because it's only "a few seconds less per dodge."

>

> I've pushed the idea that these professions - and stealth stacking on DE - are bad of give way too much reward for their very low skill requirements/risk for what I'm pretty sure is longer than a year now. Nobody will admit these builds are overly-effective for how easy they are or are just downright OP for the real culprits. ANet doesn't want to promote a fun PvP experience and I don't think this community at large does, either. I doubt anything will change.

>

maybe you should be balance president instead

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> vote for me for balance president

> I have all the answers people

>

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > Unfortunately the ranger community is insistent the soulbeast is fine and needs buffs if anything.

> >

> > Mirage can never be balanced without just outright deleting Mirage Cloak. I said EM wasn't the issue - MC is - and everyone disagreed. Look where we are. Unfortunately ANet will never do that because that'd actually be a design change.

> >

> > Half of why Holo is so overtuned is boon spam and is heavily influenced by the concentration stat, and a good chunk of why it's OP in WvW is it runs dodge foods which procs TRV 50% more often letting it combo with its non-nerfed numbers over and over. Unfortunately the community also insists dodge food is fine and balanced because it's only "a few seconds less per dodge."

> >

> > I've pushed the idea that these professions - and stealth stacking on DE - are bad of give way too much reward for their very low skill requirements/risk for what I'm pretty sure is longer than a year now. Nobody will admit these builds are overly-effective for how easy they are or are just downright OP for the real culprits. ANet doesn't want to promote a fun PvP experience and I don't think this community at large does, either. I doubt anything will change.

> >

>

> maybe you should be balance president instead

Already giving up? Thought we were going to have some cool elections...

> @"Abazigal.3679" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > Unfortunately the ranger community is insistent the soulbeast is fine and needs buffs if anything.

> >

> > Mirage can never be balanced without just outright deleting Mirage Cloak. I said EM wasn't the issue - MC is - and everyone disagreed. Look where we are. Unfortunately ANet will never do that because that'd actually be a design change.

> >

> > Half of why Holo is so overtuned is boon spam and is heavily influenced by the concentration stat, and a good chunk of why it's OP in WvW is it runs dodge foods which procs TRV 50% more often letting it combo with its non-nerfed numbers over and over. Unfortunately the community also insists dodge food is fine and balanced because it's only "a few seconds less per dodge."

> >

> > I've pushed the idea that these professions - and stealth stacking on DE - are bad of give way too much reward for their very low skill requirements/risk for what I'm pretty sure is longer than a year now. Nobody will admit these builds are overly-effective for how easy they are or are just downright OP for the real culprits. ANet doesn't want to promote a fun PvP experience and I don't think this community at large does, either. I doubt anything will change.

> >

>

> At some point, i doubt you can adjust anything to be honest, which is probably why they function into nerfing 1 build and buffing an other. PoF specializations are mostly all OP, and if anything could be done, it would be revamping core and HoT builds since you cannot delete PoF.

>

> What's pretty annoying is when you play with core guards and core thieves and get rolled by scourges soulbeasts and mirages, who do not seem to do much effort.

That's exactly the problem, though.

The lack of effort is why the game's PvP experience is so bad.

If we just endlessly keep tuning things stronger we end up with the same gameplay experience regardless of what builds are taken.

People aren't really complaining their builds are weak (for the most part; there are some kit exceptions obviously) or require too much skill to execute so much as everything else is braindead easy and isn't fun to play or play against.

I mean the best thief in the game admits it freely even in respects to winning the recent ToL:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/825824

And mind you the best PvP conquest build right now - which he plays - is core thief, for the very reason it was buffed to deal with the PoF powercreep.

Buffs won't accomplish anything except "balance" PvE numbers. Much of PoF has to get downright gutted to even begin making steps in the right direction, and that's *literally* the only option available to uphold a reasonable degree of skill expression/balance in respects to gameplay integrity.

People want balance but it starts with hard nerfs and major overhauls. It's gotten way out of hand and no amount of numbers tweaking and buffing is going to fix the fact the game since has very limited ways to express skill and creativity in combat that warrants time/money investment into the game in general for the purpose of PvP.

why would you nerf mirage which is already underperforming?

gw2's community is so ridiculously spoiled, instead of learning how to play you go to the forum and whine about perfectly okay class with counterplay possible (unlike a certain other classes which barely get mentioned cause most of you can't even get out of platinum1 which is not the game's fault by the way) until anet gives into the peer pressure and nerfs it

mirage = no representation in tournaments

= trash in wvw cus condi is trash in wvw

= not the best 1v1 class

= requires insane amount of skill on high level, that's why good mirages kill easily and bad ones fail spectacularly

= is cute and fluffy and fair

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> why would you nerf mirage which is already underperforming?

>

> gw2's community is so ridiculously spoiled, instead of learning how to play you go to the forum and whine about perfectly okay class with counterplay possible (unlike a certain other classes which barely get mentioned cause most of you can't even get out of platinum1 which is not the game's fault by the way) until anet gives into the peer pressure and nerfs it

>

> mirage = no representation in tournaments

> = trash in wvw cus condi is trash in wvw

> = not the best 1v1 class

> = requires insane amount of skill on high level, that's why good mirages kill easily and bad ones fail spectacularly

> = is cute and fluffy and fair

>

>

Who released the kraken ?

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Chorazin.4107" said:

> > > @"Fortus.6175" said:

> > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > They both need tuned down,holo included

> > >

> > > Yeah lets not forget the holo's sustain on a non-healing amulet. Its fine if they want to do that much damage, but they gotta blow as quickly.

> >

> >

> > The problem is the sustain comes from other traitlines(Alchemy) and skill slots(Elixir S, Elixir C). If you nerf the other traitlines that hurts base engi and scrapper which are both poor atm, same if you nerf Elixir S and Elixir C.

> >

> > And this is part of the core problem with holo vs scrapper atm. I honestly do not notice any difference in survivability between the two given same stat sets. But the DPS of holo is in a different ball park compared to Scrapper.

> >

> > The Shock shield and Adaptive armour vs holo leap. I think I would take the leap because of the crazy 2sec CD, this skill is amazing for kiting around the general melee and away from dmg. It would be a 70-30 split between how often I use this for distance/mobility compared to offense.

>

> FA weaver was a problem because of stupid burst. They nerfed air traitline. :wink:

how long did that take them to nerf?

Mirage is more annoying because of the condi spam, soulbeast does physical damage which is much easier to counter and less frustrating to experience

not being able to do anything because of 20 stacks of confusion and 20 stacks of torment on you is frustrating. at the same time you can not do much damage back because the mirage is doging or invuln most of the time

> @"Cicada.6298" said:

> > @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > > @"Chorazin.4107" said:

> > > > @"Fortus.6175" said:

> > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > They both need tuned down,holo included

> > > >

> > > > Yeah lets not forget the holo's sustain on a non-healing amulet. Its fine if they want to do that much damage, but they gotta blow as quickly.

> > >

> > >

> > > The problem is the sustain comes from other traitlines(Alchemy) and skill slots(Elixir S, Elixir C). If you nerf the other traitlines that hurts base engi and scrapper which are both poor atm, same if you nerf Elixir S and Elixir C.

> > >

> > > And this is part of the core problem with holo vs scrapper atm. I honestly do not notice any difference in survivability between the two given same stat sets. But the DPS of holo is in a different ball park compared to Scrapper.

> > >

> > > The Shock shield and Adaptive armour vs holo leap. I think I would take the leap because of the crazy 2sec CD, this skill is amazing for kiting around the general melee and away from dmg. It would be a 70-30 split between how often I use this for distance/mobility compared to offense.

> >

> > FA weaver was a problem because of stupid burst. They nerfed air traitline. :wink:

>

> how long did that take them to nerf?

Less than 2 seasons I believe..or it was 3?! Anyway not only the build was rather hard to pull off but got also obliterated in no time

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> why would you nerf mirage which is already underperforming?

>

> gw2's community is so ridiculously spoiled, instead of learning how to play you go to the forum and whine about perfectly okay class with counterplay possible (unlike a certain other classes which barely get mentioned cause most of you can't even get out of platinum1 which is not the game's fault by the way) until anet gives into the peer pressure and nerfs it

>

> mirage = no representation in tournaments

> = trash in wvw cus condi is trash in wvw

> = not the best 1v1 class

> = requires insane amount of skill on high level, that's why good mirages kill easily and bad ones fail spectacularly

> = is cute and fluffy and fair

>

The real question should be: Why allow such a low skill class get so many shiny rewards?

The only people that are "ridiculously spoiled" are players that get carried into heavens by unbalanced overperforming builds thinking they're skilled.

You really believe that amount of stuff(defensive and offensive and mobility) that is packed into 1 build is totally fine and that you can let it run without any control into PvP environment?

First good balance change was a nerf to Full Counter, look at all the whine warriors spit on their forum, you know why? Because it was carrying them hard.

Same situation with you defending broken Mirage, it doesn't require skill to be successful.

If you want Mirage to keep having so many evades and detargets, fine by me, but yours damage and condition output is reduced by minimum of 80%, then we can call it "fine and somehow balanced".

You either should have Damage/Condition Damage or ability to survive or ability to run or x or y or z, not everything into 1 build, end of the story.

Now to your arguments:

1) Just because it doesn't have any kind of representation in tournaments it's not making the Mirage any less broken.

2) In WvW I only see(roaming): condi mirages, rarer power mirages, SpellBreakers, Soulbeasts, Yolosmith, teefs and even lately condi trap Druids (even condi Berserkers) and that's pretty much it.

Condi Mirage is much more broken in WvW than in PvP (evade, evade, evade, evade, spam clones, faceroll on keyboard, repeat).

3) Which class is better in 1v1 then? Core Elementalist? Tempest? Core Guardian? DragonHunter? Core Necromancer? Reaper? Core Ranger? Core Revenant? ...

4) I would agree on this only if: you were talking about core Mesmer in pre-phantasm rework state, but current the Mirage doesn't require the amount of a skill that you think of.

5) Cute and fluffy and fair are small charr cubs, Mirage is annoying fly that spam skills whenever they're off cooldown.

PS: Just because other classes are unbalanced (Overperforming) doesn't mean that yours (Mirage) can stay the same way.