Mounts mean the death of roaming

witcher.3197

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > It's easy as heck to get dismounted in PvE, people trotting by on this big mount are gonna be easy pickings.

>

> In the trailer you can see the mount breaking a gate. If one hit or two kills the mount, it's useless for siege. It has to be tanky.

ehh I don't think they'll be too tanky unless A.net plans on removing Siege entirely which if the mount was too effective would probably do unless it takes forever to get and normal people won't ever have a hope of getting one.

> @"Angel.6085" said:

> Not trying to fight you to be honest. Guaranteed 90% of "roaming" is killing group players who are ineffective alone while on the way back to their group *shrug* Such sport, much wow.

Actually if roaming is looking for small fights then a good 80% of it is defending your own side. Quite often outnumbered v the blob. But hey the blob needs mounts to chase those people down right?

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> Now everyone's gonna have a way to just speed past players and skip encounters altogether. Because the less PvP there is in a PvP gamemode, the better, right?

>

> Thank you Anet for absolutely destroying a part of your game many of us enjoyed since 2012 <3

>

Mount doesn't even move that much faster and might not even have evade frames. Not convinced it'll be better at ignoring encounters than Nike Warrior, Thieves or sword Mirage. Blessing of Elements is probably more of an issue than Warclaw.

> @"Sarrs.4831" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > Now everyone's gonna have a way to just speed past players and skip encounters altogether. Because the less PvP there is in a PvP gamemode, the better, right?

> >

> > Thank you Anet for absolutely destroying a part of your game many of us enjoyed since 2012 <3

> >

>

>** Mount doesn't even move that much faster and might not even have evade frames**. Not convinced it'll be better at ignoring encounters than Nike Warrior, Thieves or sword Mirage. Blessing of Elements is probably more of an issue than Warclaw.

The final ability is Evade. Get a quick burst of speed and evade attacks allowing you to break through enemy lines.

Holding opinion for now as a roamer and havoc lead. But there are two sides to roaming and havoc, offensive and defensive. I can see how this might impact the offensive side but while defending it might mean getting to the target faster to scout and report. Also it might change the mechanic on the havoc of do I go for wall or gates. This makes me lean more towards try the gates which is usually a no as a havoc. So will have to see. The downside is that we should expect queues if that is the only way the mount can be obtained. This also opens the door to bigger maps with more mobility and even on alpine for havoc it might mean a quicker exit from spawn to reach the north lands and get out from spawn campers & scouts. So will have to see. And no I don't know how much I believe this took away from other development, I don't think they would be using the same developer to calculate alliance matches as they would for animation. So will have to see. Warhammer Online quite successfully used mounts in RvR with maps of similar size and it did not kill the havoc or roamer, and at times it helped to get away from that incoming zerg. Lets see what happens after the PvE rush is done.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Gliding has also killed roaming.

>

> Every balance update ever killed roaming.

>

> More counterplay to stealth has killed roaming

>

> Now the same people claim that a mount we don't know anything about will undoubtedly kill roaming.

>

> Yes, I'm sure it will happen THIS time.

So are you ready to head out and catch those peeps rushing to defend bay from garri?

Now coward players have another tool to run away like chickens xD

Apart from that maybe there will be some sort of interraction, mount only usable if you are in an objective area that you server own, or maybe when you get attacked you drop off the mount (I didn't see the video so I might be wrong).

Roaming is already dead and it's only a gank from noobs who can't do anothing but 2vs1 3vs1 4vs1 5vs1, so I don't think will be that much worse.

So many things wrong with the OP...

1. Are you assuming that mounts will allow a zergling to plow throw some roamers and make it out alive whereas they otherwise would have died? There could be any number of measurements taken to ensure this isn't possible such as very low mount HP, or mounted players affected by conditions/CCs, etc.

2. Are you also assuming that mounts are going to allow someone to travel much faster than out of combat + swiftness?

3. Roaming is not just picking off slow zerg players running back to the fight from spawn. That's called ganking, and of all the way to play GW2, that's probably the playstyle we should all care about the least.

4. Roamers would have access to mounts as well meaning better ability to escape a chasing zerg.

Chasing down randoms that just want to run away regardless is not in the least bit exciting, so if mounts allow those people to escape, it won't affect my enjoyment of WvW that much. The fun of roaming is finding opponents who actually want to fight, so mounts won't actually change that.

But real roaming died years ago, so its all a moot point.