Mounts mean the death of roaming

witcher.3197

since we got to preview the actual run speed of the mount, most of you roamers should be at ease. the speed boost is only 25% (and only in own territory) which is the equivalent of a rune/trait boost and obviously slower the swiftness. there is no reason for the gloom and doom anymore. being mounted will sort of combat ganking since there is a whole other health bar plus cc immunity, which is good imo.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still going to make killing reinforcements more work( now you have to chew through 12k more hp and stun immunity), when your side is outnumbered. You can call that ganking, but its a valid strategy during prolonged fights for the heavily outnumbered side. Now all the scrub scourges and revs can get back to the zerg with far less risk, its too much of a gimmie to the side that already has a advantage in numbers.

Cracks me up. 'All people do is gank anyways. Why dont you fight someone who wants to fight you?' -My question is why none of you want to fight me.

*Obviously some of you would love to, and some of you will say you would but you'd run to your tower like 99% of other players in WvW only to come out when you have 10 friends mounted.

> @"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:

> Oh no! Mirage thief and rev wont be the only roaming specs! Roaming is dead!! How dare anet level the playing field and give the other classes a chance to chase and compete with classes tht can just perma run and disengage/re-engage when they have the upper hand/disadvantaged in terms of cd!!

And how exactly will this update do that? You can't mount up during combat, that stays the same. If anything this makes stealth even stronger because only stealthed targets will be able to escape the mounts in a scenario where you're 1v1ing and 2 mounted players show up.

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> Cracks me up. 'All people do is gank anyways. Why dont you fight someone who wants to fight you?' -My question is why none of you want to fight me.

Why would someone on a zerg build want to fight someone on a roaming build? Is that your idea of skilled PvP?

I mean I used to roam in this game long ago, but that was back when there were a lot more roamers / smallscale guilds, that was what made it fun. If you are an actual PvP player who wants vaguely decent fights then roaming has been dead in this game for years, because most of the roamers have left. "Roaming" degraded into far too much of ganking people in zerg builds, PvE players doing a daily or duels, which are boring as hell unless you are a baddie.

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > Cracks me up. 'All people do is gank anyways. Why dont you fight someone who wants to fight you?' -My question is why none of you want to fight me.

>

> Why would someone on a zerg build want to fight someone on a roaming build? Is that your idea of skilled PvP?

>

> I mean I used to roam in this game long ago, but that was back when there were a lot more roamers / smallscale guilds, that was what made it fun. If you are an actual PvP player who wants vaguely decent fights then roaming has been dead in this game for years, because most of the roamers have left. "Roaming" degraded into far too much of ganking people in zerg builds, PvE players doing a daily or duels, which are boring as hell unless you are a baddie.

Exactly What I said, this wvw outnumbered montages are just a guy with a pvp build fighting ppl trying to reach their zergs. Mounts will affect very little the roaming which is already a joke, unless they commit this huge mistake of it having a 2k+ hit plus cc on pounce, which'd be super fun due to the crying on forums cuz all those zerg guys before bullied now have their cats and cc'd the roamers to death

Classes without mobility will still have trouble disengaging even if they are the ones with the mount because you have to be OOC. Objectives closer to spawns will be more troublesome to cap if the people that own it can keep flying in at those speeds + golem PPTers.

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > Cracks me up. 'All people do is gank anyways. Why dont you fight someone who wants to fight you?' -My question is why none of you want to fight me.

>

> Why would someone on a zerg build want to fight someone on a roaming build? Is that your idea of skilled PvP?

For me, it isn't about if they wanna fight me or not. I prevent them from reaching where they want to go.... capping stuff or joining the fight against our zerg.. meaning I'm helping out by killing zerglings before they reach their destination. "Ganking" is just the means in which it's done.

> @"Magolith.9412" said:

> > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > Cracks me up. 'All people do is gank anyways. Why dont you fight someone who wants to fight you?' -My question is why none of you want to fight me.

> >

> > Why would someone on a zerg build want to fight someone on a roaming build? Is that your idea of skilled PvP?

>

> For me, it isn't about if they wanna fight me or not. I prevent them from reaching where they want to go.... capping stuff or joining the fight against our zerg.. meaning I'm helping out by killing zerglings before they reach their destination. "Ganking" is just the means in which it's done.

Funny thing, I got called out for being a noob yesterday. I killed someone that didnt fight back! Yes, I actually recieved a reply to why instead of the usual block. Apparently you're not allowed to kill people that just run.

That he was an enemy running past our spawntower, our sentry, near our camp and over the bridge on his way to orange swords inside our hills was totally irrelevant.

But he did note that had he fought he would have of course won. My roaming mirage would have stood no chance against his zerg weaver.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> since we got to preview the actual run speed of the mount, most of you roamers should be at ease. the speed boost is only 25% (and only in own territory) which is the equivalent of a rune/trait boost and obviously slower the swiftness.

Your math is off. You can easily overtake everyone that is runing with 33%.

> @"BadHealer.3608" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > since we got to preview the actual run speed of the mount, most of you roamers should be at ease. the speed boost is only 25% (and only in own territory) which is the equivalent of a rune/trait boost and obviously slower the swiftness.

> Your math is off. You can easily overtake everyone that is runing with 33%.

pretty sure that's what the devs said in their livestream, might be wrong.

> @"Warrior Xsr.1672" said:

> I am a daily roamer. And wish I had a mount every day! We will just roam faster :) Unless your not playing WvW as intended. If your looking for 1 vs 1 fights. Well then........Go pvp!

Really? I didn't know roaming only involved capturing sentries, capping empty camps and running away from 1v1 or any fair fights unless you outnumber your enemies.

> @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > @"Bigsexy.8302" said:

> > What do you mean roaming will die? Roaming has been dead since HoT.

> > Now it's terribad players running cheese builds, ganking newcomers and think they are roaming kek

>

> I always auto-translate "roaming" nowadays straight to "ganking with the cheesiest build possible" because that's really what people whining about it are talking about being gone. Funny because the mount doesn't even kill that (which it should have). Dismounting someone is easy and the CC if you get knocked off your mount makes you a free kill.

you dont just roam and concentrate hunting a human played character and do nothing else. you cap shrines, you get camps, kill npcs and guards and if you see someone then you fight him/her.

that's how you maximize finishing objectives when you roll out alone.

> @"BadHealer.3608" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > since we got to preview the actual run speed of the mount, most of you roamers should be at ease. the speed boost is only 25% (and only in own territory) which is the equivalent of a rune/trait boost and obviously slower the swiftness.

> Your math is off. You can easily overtake everyone that is runing with 33%.

He's right

But it's 'just' 25% faster then An enemy with Swiftness out of combat (and you in foreign territory)

It's funny how a lot of players, presumably those who like to speculate about "ganking" and people being lame for forcing someone to fight when they just run by, actually come back and gank you in your 1v1 when you've just let them go past you and cap your objective. Nah, thanks, imma kill you real quick so i don't risk being jumped on by you in the middle of my thing couple mins later. Why none of them brought that up ? People just need to grow some balls. And ye, spvp is way more limited in terms of gear selection, lots of players prefer to duel and generally fight in wvw as it allows you to be more flexible, stop with this "you have your spvp tab for that" complaints and go grow some balls too.