Excited and looking forward to mounts? Like me....Post here....

Warrior Xsr.1672

I see so many people with negative posts. I myself, am excited and happy with this news. But who posts in the WvW forums? People who have complaints. 9 out of 10 post are pointing out (what they see as) problems. A content WvW player won't go out of his or her way to post here with positive opinions. ---> Until now! <--- It's easy to flood the WvW forum with negative and upset feelings about the game. I love gliding and will love mounts. Change is good! Oh and I have been playing Guild Wars since 2006. 13 Years. Leaving a game "as is" is a guaranteed way to ensure extinction of GW2. Bring it on Anet! Oh and to add to this.... In WvW right now..... we have a Car that shoots walls and gates with rockets. That moves very fast. Did it ruin the game? A whole car with rockets! That's like "Sharks with laser beams on their heads!".....lol! ![](https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/10918Charr-Car-1.jpg "")

Look at me replying to this post (thread) and I am not happy with mounts. Open forums and only Anet can dictate the terms for posting.

I am reserving judgment, but I am disappointed that resources were put on this task with so many outstanding issues that have plagued wvw for years. We'll be hashing this over and over again but anets 'big announcement' is essentially a notice to players that new mount skins will be available in the cash shop. The quality of wvw gameplay to be determined later.

As a pve player: How could i not want that mount? It feels so cool on every way.

As someone that has recently started on WvW: I can't understand all the problems people are pointing about the mounts but i do know that this will come to the game like it or not then i just hope that ANET will give proper nerfs and fixes to all issues that this mount will bring.

> @"Hynax.9536" said:

> As a pve player: How could i not want that mount? It feels so cool on every way.

> As someone that has recently started on WvW: I can't understand all the problems people are pointing about the mounts but i do know that this will come to the game like it or not then i just hope that ANET will give proper nerfs and fixes to all issues that this mount will bring.

Even if they balance it perfectly and it's the best thing in the world (which they won't do), there is still going to be performance issues.

All the PVERS and gankers like it,all the serious wvw's don't like it.Wvw is gonna turn into some pve vs pve player brainless fest that spends money on shiny mount skins while the vet base is leaving to spend time on something worthwhile.We have improper balance for about a year now,downed state still being a thing in its current state but when anet does play wvw all they do is blob themselves and have no fucking clue wat roaming even is,alliances being a fucking one man project,but now we have mounts,a thing NO ONE EVER ASKED FOR.Fucking incredible.Bunch of imcompetent fucks completely out of touch with their playerbase since ANET KNOWS BEST.And its all to gain revenue.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

> All the PVERS and gankers like it,all the serious wvw's don't like it.Wvw is gonna turn into some pve vs pve player brainless fest that spends money on shiny mount skins while the vet base is leaving to spend time on something worthwhile.We have improper balance for about a year now,downed state still being a thing in its current state but when anet does play wvw all they does is blob themselves and have no kitten clue wat roaming even is,alliances being a kitten one man project,but now we have mounts,a thing NO ONE EVER ASKED FOR.kitten incredible.Bunch of imcompetent kitten completely out of touch with their playerbase since ANET KNOWS BEST.And its all to gain revenue.

You need revenue or the game goes bye bye.

Anyhow, I’ll be definitely picking up this kitty. Super pumped about this mount. Was wandering the DBL today and was just imaging what it would be like to have the mount. Very excited for next Tuesday.

I wasn't too keen on the idea of mounts in WvW, but after reading up on the skills it has, it has me hopeful that it can improve the experience and get us away from the status quo.

For one, roaming will be accessible for more classes, as now low mobility classes won't have an inherent disadvantage. However, high mobility classes will still be able to disengage, so that part won't change. What will be impacted is the ability for cloaked characters to assault the unexpected. What I believe will happen is that now these classes will hide nearby targets where opponents are likely to dismount to claim some objective, and then they'll drop their magic. This won't work for intercepting people who are just rushing back to their zergs. Unless, we get traps to force dismounting. :D

For two, that teleport ability could theoretically allow players to zap past the aoe swarms that define the current meta, and allow them to engage at close range, so that could bring an end to the current pirate ship meta.

Any possible downsides can be addressed, so I am not that worried about it. It's just going to take a while to get there.

Also.... why are people complaining that they want balance instead when next Tuesday we also get a balance patch with the update? o_O

> @"Warrior Xsr.1672" said:

> Oh and to add to this.... In WvW right now..... we have a Car that shoots walls and gates with rockets. That moves very fast. Did it ruin the game? A whole car with rockets! That's like "Sharks with laser beams on their

>

>

>

There is usually only 1 guy on map using this thing, and usually its not used at all.

Probably gonna get a lot of hate for saying this but I spend most of my time in WvW and never really bothered getting PoF cause I didn't like the concept for the elite spec of my profession (am I crazy for actually liking my pet on ranger?) and you can't use mounts in WvW. Now I am actually thinking about getting PoF so I can use a mount when I play .... if it's not gated behind a ridiculous amount of grind.