New Warclaw requiring rank Gold or higher?

Edward H Angle.1407

> @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > >

> > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > >

> > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> >

> > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

>

> Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

>

> "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

>

> It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > >

> > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > >

> > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > >

> > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> >

> > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> >

> > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> >

> > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

>

> This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > >

> > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > >

> > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > >

> > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > >

> > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > >

> > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > >

> > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> >

> > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

>

> Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

Whether you like it or not, this is a WvW specific mount. End of story.

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > > >

> > > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > > >

> > > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > > >

> > > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > > >

> > > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> > >

> > > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

> >

> > Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

>

> Whether you like it or not, this is a WvW specific mount. End of story.

And have you been missing the point? WVW is PVP, you don't make players in a PVE centered game, do PVP for something. It doesn't get you very far.

End of story

> > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > > > >

> > > > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> > > >

> > > > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

> > >

> > > Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

> >

> > Whether you like it or not, this is a WvW specific mount. End of story.

>

> And have you been missing the point? WVW is PVP, you don't make players in a PVE centered game, do PVP for something. It doesn't get you very far.

>

> End of story

WvW is WvW, not PVP.

> @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> > > > >

> > > > > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

> > > >

> > > > Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

> > >

> > > Whether you like it or not, this is a WvW specific mount. End of story.

> >

> > And have you been missing the point? WVW is PVP, you don't make players in a PVE centered game, do PVP for something. It doesn't get you very far.

> >

> > End of story

>

> WvW is WvW, not PVP.

The acronym "WvW" is used to differentiate the game mode from structured PvP, but it is a PvP mode nonetheless.

> > > > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > > > >

> > > > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> > > >

> > > > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

> > >

> > > Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

> >

> > Whether you like it or not, this is a WvW specific mount. End of story.

>

> And have you been missing the point? WVW is PVP, you don't make players in a PVE centered game, do PVP for something. It doesn't get you very far.

>

> End of story

IT'S NOT A PVE MOUNT!!!

I'd wager, this mount (regardless of having to endure wvw) will still be easier for newbies to obtain than the beetle was.

Furthermore, I'd wager there are people that missed both free runnings of the Kourna LS and opted to not purchase it, thus missing the beetle completely.

Further, furthermore, I'd wager there are people that saw the 250 gold price tag on the griffon and said...UM no!

In exchange for a little time (not as we now know achieving gold rank as was originally dreaded in this thread) and with just owning POF anyone can acquire this mount, it could even end up being some people's first mount!

So, really what's left to argue? If you want it, get it, if not then don't.

> > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > >

> > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > >

> > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> >

> > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

>

> Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

>

> "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

>

> It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

I also believe WvW should have raid wing reward tracks along with fractal reward tracks. That way WvW players can achieve everything that would otherwise be exclusive to these instances without stepping foot inside. Perhaps the trade-off should be.. allowing PvE players to get warclaw through PvE content, while opening up all the raid wings and fractals to WvW via reward tracks. Fair trade?

You are right about the main focus being PvE but it never used to be. The first 2-3 years the game was out, WvW and PvP were the end game content, and thus we had actual better balance back then

> I also believe WvW should have raid wing reward tracks along with fractal reward tracks. That way WvW players can achieve everything that would otherwise be exclusive to these instances without stepping foot inside.

WvWers can already achieve everything that raiders can without stepping foot inside of raids, except for the skins exclusive to raids (same as any other reserved wardrobe unlocks in the game) and achievements (same as any other AP in the game).

> > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

>

> Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

>

> You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

>

> Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

>

> You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

Who’s forcing them exactly? Any PVE player that wants the mount and only the mount just needs to obtain one rank point and they have it. Not sure what the issue is here. If you want to use the mount to its full potential then you will need 125 rank points. That’s not something that will happen overnight.

Requirements: None (edit: obviously PoF because permanent mounts ALL need PoF, but no WvW rank, even people who have never done WvW can unlock the collection right away)

Collection: Easy and more of a "learn what there is to do in WvW" tour than a challenge. People who prepared a little and have reward potions from dailies saved up will have the mount within hours of patch. For the unprepared or those who don't want to do real WvW, there is almost always a daily that does not require you to ever draw your weapon or hit anyone, like the "Big spender" and "Master of monuments" ones. Even the "Land claimer" basically is PvE as you only need to kill 1 NPC guard and not a player.

After obtaining the mount, people can then choose to play more WvW to unlock the skills - or to go back to their PvE maps right away. because they will not need the mount skills there anyway. I can't even imagine how they could have done it much easier, except sending everyone the mount as mail attachment upon login ><

> > > > > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> > > > >

> > > > > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

> > > >

> > > > Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

> > >

> >

> > And have you been missing the point? WVW is PVP, you don't make players in a PVE centered game, do PVP for something. It doesn't get you very far.

> >

> > End of story

>

> IT'S NOT A PVE MOUNT!!!

It's a mount, useasble in PVP and PVE, obtainable *only* by PVP.

Not good design choice in majority PVE focused game

> @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > End of story

>

> WvW is WvW, not PVP.

Can you kill other players? Yes? It's PVP

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > >

> > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > >

> > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > >

> > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> >

> > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> >

> > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> >

> > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

>

> I also believe WvW should have raid wing reward tracks along with fractal reward tracks. That way WvW players can achieve everything that would otherwise be exclusive to these instances without stepping foot inside. Perhaps the trade-off should be.. allowing PvE players to get warclaw through PvE content, while opening up all the raid wings and fractals to WvW via reward tracks. Fair trade?

>

> You are right about the main focus being PvE but it never used to be. The first 2-3 years the game was out, WvW and PvP were the end game content, and thus we had actual better balance back then

Just because PVP was the focus did not mean the balance was better. You don't balance PVP for PVE and vice versa. If anything the balance was worse.

As previously mentioned, PVP'ers can get reward tracks for everything but the skins. Something PVE based being based in PVE exclusively is fine.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> >

> > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> >

> > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

>

> > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> >

> > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> >

> > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

>

> Who’s forcing them exactly? Any PVE player that wants the mount and only the mount just needs to obtain one rank point and they have it. Not sure what the issue is here. If you want to use the mount to its full potential then you will need 125 rank points. That’s not something that will happen overnight.

I love it when PVP'ers don't think it's forced.

If you have to PVP to obtain something in a PVE game, it's forced. People will obviously want something new and given how well mounts have gone down, yes it's forced. Considering *it's full potential* will require PVP not only to obtain but to unlock the skills, why on earth lock it behind a grind? Not to mention if what some people have been saying is correct about the ticket vendor only talking to you if you're gold rank, you will have to do more than "1 point".

Fashion Wars 2 and all that jazz.

> @"javier.9786" said:

> I'm a PvE player, because of the mount news I'm playing WvW and I don't love it, but I'm starting to.

> I'm rank 26 or so, from DB and I feel like its really kitten hard to level up fast even with boost, foods and all that stuff (I've been playing WvW like 5 hours per day since warclaw news, more or less). So I hope they ask for rank points like gliding or any other mastery point in WvW.

> And I hope they ask like 15 to 25 points to unlock first tier, 'cause if they ask 350 rank... GG WP to me, like in a year or so I'll have it.

what class are you on? I found it hard to gain ranks too at first, but then I just started to zerg fight on my scourge, with guild hall bonus, WvW enrichment and a celebration booster, the ranks just started climbing. I get like 5-6 ranks in 1 session (about 2hrs), but I guess it also depends on how good your zerg is.

> > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > > > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

> > > >

> > > > Whether you like it or not, this is a WvW specific mount. End of story.

> > >

> > > And have you been missing the point? WVW is PVP, you don't make players in a PVE centered game, do PVP for something. It doesn't get you very far.

> > >

> > > End of story

> >

> > WvW is WvW, not PVP.

>

> Can you kill other players? Yes? It's PVP

Technically PvPvE.

Sometimes it's much harder to kill a griffon than it is to kill a player.

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Who’s forcing them exactly? Any PVE player that wants the mount and only the mount just needs to obtain one rank point and they have it. Not sure what the issue is here. If you want to use the mount to its full potential then you will need 125 rank points. That’s not something that will happen overnight.

>

> I love it when PVP'ers don't think it's forced.

>

> If you have to PVP to obtain something in a PVE game, it's forced. People will obviously want something new and given how well mounts have gone down, yes it's forced. Considering *it's full potential* will require PVP not only to obtain but to unlock the skills, why on earth lock it behind a grind? Not to mention if what some people have been saying is correct about the ticket vendor only talking to you if you're gold rank, you will have to do more than "1 point".

>

> Fashion Wars 2 and all that jazz.

It would be forced if you need the mount (or other PvP exclusive stuff) for PvE. But nobody needs the mount in PvE. It won't grant any advantage there over other mounts. It is entirely optional for PvE, therefore nothing forces PvE players into PvP. Just because some players want even more shiny stuff, doesn't mean they are forced into getting it.

> @"UmbraNoctis.1907" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Who’s forcing them exactly? Any PVE player that wants the mount and only the mount just needs to obtain one rank point and they have it. Not sure what the issue is here. If you want to use the mount to its full potential then you will need 125 rank points. That’s not something that will happen overnight.

> >

> > I love it when PVP'ers don't think it's forced.

> >

> > If you have to PVP to obtain something in a PVE game, it's forced. People will obviously want something new and given how well mounts have gone down, yes it's forced. Considering *it's full potential* will require PVP not only to obtain but to unlock the skills, why on earth lock it behind a grind? Not to mention if what some people have been saying is correct about the ticket vendor only talking to you if you're gold rank, you will have to do more than "1 point".

> >

> > Fashion Wars 2 and all that jazz.

>

> It would be forced if you need the mount (or other PvP exclusive stuff) for PvE. But nobody needs the mount in PvE. It won't grant any advantage there over other mounts. It is entirely optional for PvE, therefore nothing forces PvE players into PvP. Just because some players want even more shiny stuff, doesn't mean they are forced into getting it.

Anet forcing pvers to get something which has virtually no use in pve. I stopped arguing, its not even funny anymore

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"UmbraNoctis.1907" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > >

> > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > >

> > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Who’s forcing them exactly? Any PVE player that wants the mount and only the mount just needs to obtain one rank point and they have it. Not sure what the issue is here. If you want to use the mount to its full potential then you will need 125 rank points. That’s not something that will happen overnight.

> > >

> > > I love it when PVP'ers don't think it's forced.

> > >

> > > If you have to PVP to obtain something in a PVE game, it's forced. People will obviously want something new and given how well mounts have gone down, yes it's forced. Considering *it's full potential* will require PVP not only to obtain but to unlock the skills, why on earth lock it behind a grind? Not to mention if what some people have been saying is correct about the ticket vendor only talking to you if you're gold rank, you will have to do more than "1 point".

> > >

> > > Fashion Wars 2 and all that jazz.

> >

> > It would be forced if you need the mount (or other PvP exclusive stuff) for PvE. But nobody needs the mount in PvE. It won't grant any advantage there over other mounts. It is entirely optional for PvE, therefore nothing forces PvE players into PvP. Just because some players want even more shiny stuff, doesn't mean they are forced into getting it.

>

> Anet forcing pvers to get something which has virtually no use in pve. I stopped arguing, its not even funny anymore

That hidden Shatterer - Warclaw chain pull achievement :)

> @"Neworder.7981" said:

> Seeing how Anet like collections how about

>

> Rank 200

> Skirmish Tickets = ?

> BoH = ?

> and a collection of items from each of the BL's.

>

> That will unlock basic Warclaw

Wow. Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but your prediction was almost bang on!

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> > @"Neworder.7981" said:

> > Seeing how Anet like collections how about

> >

> > Rank 200

> > Skirmish Tickets = ?

> > BoH = ?

> > and a collection of items from each of the BL's.

> >

> > That will unlock basic Warclaw

>

> Wow. Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but your prediction was almost bang on!

No insider info honest, :) Just an educated guess..

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Cerioth.7062" said:

> > > > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Its Nerfing Time.1495" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > People - mainly pve people - keep saying that the wvw mount will bring fresh blood to an otherwise neglected mode, wvw. Here's my 2 cents:

> > > > > > > > > > > Wvwers wont have issues with getting the mount, I am sure. Pvers (i will use that term just for clarification purposes) SHOULD work towards this. Saying "it should be 200-300 rank" means you go to wvw, get shiny, leave as fast as you came and the mode doesnt benefit from ANY fresh players. Why would you stay if you cant stand the mode, anyway? Thats right, you wont. You wanna get mount? Awesome! Unlock ALL other masteries first, as a prerequisite, unlock full mount mastery for another X amount of wvw ability points plus another Y amount of tickets plus another Z amount of gold plus gift of battle. Make people commit to this, as they commit to various aspects of the game. You cant stand wvw? Too bad, the mount may not be for you. Just as i cant stand pve raids and its skins are out of my reach. I am ok with it. You should be ok with doing wvw much more than "lets do 3 dailies in 10 mins and byebye".

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Or maybe don't force people into a game mode they just *don't* want to be in?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You can' stand raids, that's fine, it's PVE content in a PVE game. PVP in a PVE game should not have forced content.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No, sorry. That logic doesnt apply here. The vast majority of pvers cant stand pve raids, even tho "this is a pve game". Why force em into raids when they are clearly in their own pve element? You have no argument there.

> > > > > > > > > Wvw is also pve, according to devs (there is a video of them stating it). Plus it is a mode (one of the three) in gw2 game. The mount will not be anything else other than a cashgrab for skins, thats it. And they made it easy enough for everyone to get it in wvw, with such little effort, queues and server lag be darned.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Except it does, because it's still PVE content. Just because it dumpsters all over your own "argument" doesn't mean you can nitpick and hope to have something remain.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "WVW" is PVP, plain and simple. Can you attack and kill players? Yes? It's PVP. It's in the literal definition of PVP, aka player vs player. Anet themselves might not want to come out and admit it, but it's PVP. So there is only "two" game modes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's irrelevant if they made it easy or not, they should not be locking anything behind PVP (Gift of Battle is bad enough)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This again? You do realize that this mount is for WvW and it's abilities can only be use in WvW? The only thing you get out of it in PvE is the skin. Why do WvW players have to do PvE content to unlock the other 5 mounts? They shouldn't be doing that either, this can go both ways.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because the games main focus is PVE - not PVP. So no, it doesn't go both ways.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whether you like it or not, this is a WvW specific mount. End of story.

> > > >

> > > > And have you been missing the point? WVW is PVP, you don't make players in a PVE centered game, do PVP for something. It doesn't get you very far.

> > > >

> > > > End of story

> > >

> > > WvW is WvW, not PVP.

> >

> > Can you kill other players? Yes? It's PVP

> Technically PvPvE.

>

> Sometimes it's much harder to kill a griffon than it is to kill a player.

>

If you can attack / kill players, it becomes PVP.