Best Zerg DPS

Prophet.1584

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > snip

> > check yourself before you rek yourself. staff dd works fine. lays uses it.

>

> M8 GvG has nothing to do with zerging, like sure staff DD works in GvG we use 2 of them, that is meta. It does not mean it works in zergs, like whatver works in 5v5 or 15v15 dont necesary work across the board all the way up to 70v70, the OP is not in a GvG guild, he is a pug looking to tag alongside a random pug commander, in this care thief just sucks kitten. Thief just does not scale well with numbers because as i said the more people you fight the more dangerous it is to go melee as a thief due the small window u get hit after the vault iframe, you get corrupted+fear+death, in a 5v5 the risk of getting corrupted through within that small window is minimal in a 70v70 where the blobs cant even aproach each other it is almost certain death. Play the game a little the comment, thanks

ive seen lays use a staff teef vs twice their numbers in wvw. it was like 20 v 45ish. I don't know how many times we have to tell you, what you do is not rush straight on but hit from the sides. pretty simple.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > snip

> > > check yourself before you rek yourself. staff dd works fine. lays uses it.

> >

> > M8 GvG has nothing to do with zerging, like sure staff DD works in GvG we use 2 of them, that is meta. It does not mean it works in zergs, like whatver works in 5v5 or 15v15 dont necesary work across the board all the way up to 70v70, the OP is not in a GvG guild, he is a pug looking to tag alongside a random pug commander, in this care thief just sucks kitten. Thief just does not scale well with numbers because as i said the more people you fight the more dangerous it is to go melee as a thief due the small window u get hit after the vault iframe, you get corrupted+fear+death, in a 5v5 the risk of getting corrupted through within that small window is minimal in a 70v70 where the blobs cant even aproach each other it is almost certain death. Play the game a little the comment, thanks

>

> ive seen lays use a staff teef vs twice their numbers in wvw. it was like 20 v 45ish. I don't know how many times we have to tell you, what you do is not rush straight on but hit from the sides. pretty simple.

Exactly, daredevil is quite strong vs random squads because their positioning is bad and they dont react to anything. Whether it's 20, 40 or 70, bad players are bad players. Thief doesnt scale poorly with enemy numbers, it scales poorly with enemy quality.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > snip

> > > check yourself before you rek yourself. staff dd works fine. lays uses it.

> >

> > M8 GvG has nothing to do with zerging, like sure staff DD works in GvG we use 2 of them, that is meta. It does not mean it works in zergs, like whatver works in 5v5 or 15v15 dont necesary work across the board all the way up to 70v70, the OP is not in a GvG guild, he is a pug looking to tag alongside a random pug commander, in this care thief just sucks kitten. Thief just does not scale well with numbers because as i said the more people you fight the more dangerous it is to go melee as a thief due the small window u get hit after the vault iframe, you get corrupted+fear+death, in a 5v5 the risk of getting corrupted through within that small window is minimal in a 70v70 where the blobs cant even aproach each other it is almost certain death. Play the game a little the comment, thanks

>

> ive seen lays use a staff teef vs twice their numbers in wvw. it was like 20 v 45ish. I don't know how many times we have to tell you, what you do is not rush straight on but hit from the sides. pretty simple.

If it's organised blob, they will be stacked all the time, and u will have no possibility to hit from the side

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> If it's organised blob, they will be stacked all the time, and u will have no possibility to hit from the side

so you don't hit the blob in the middle, you hit the side... at that point your biggest problem is the 15+ un-squaded rangers pewpewing from the backline. there are ways to mitigate that pressure but I think anything bigger then 50v50 and its going to be a lot harder.

Honestly if zergs> @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> Sigh, must be noob players here giving replies to play rangers. You know its really easy to counter your pew pews with reflection walls and any decent zerg will simply soak in your damage via barriers. Theres so many counters zergs have against rangers and if youd fight a proper zerg then you wouldnt recommend ranger in a million years.

> If you want good damage in zergs then you aim to pick the classes that have the most ranged AOE damage that cant be simply countered via simple mechanics such as reflections.

> So far the top spot for power damage is taken by weaver and 2nd is revenant. The 2 classes whose main skills are hard to counter aside stepping away, dodging or simply not going nearby.

>

> A bunny thief with a staff can be a choice but for that to happen you have to go melee which is very hard in this ranged meta (plus youre heavily dependant on your own zerg), meaning youre far more better off playing ranged classes if you aim to get the most DPS.

Honestly if zergs were that great at reflects etc then I wouldn’t drop so many people as consistently as I do. Once in a rare while I get a short reflect but almost never.

Wait until the group engages, watch the enemy group up then BAM. Watch many fall down.

Call us noobs if you want but this noob dps’s the h out of groups.

So...it's not really 20v45. It's 20+x +possibly y vs 45. sounds like 2017 NA fight meta moving to EU!

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> Honestly if zergs> @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > Sigh, must be noob players here giving replies to play rangers. You know its really easy to counter your pew pews with reflection walls and any decent zerg will simply soak in your damage via barriers. Theres so many counters zergs have against rangers and if youd fight a proper zerg then you wouldnt recommend ranger in a million years.

> > If you want good damage in zergs then you aim to pick the classes that have the most ranged AOE damage that cant be simply countered via simple mechanics such as reflections.

> > So far the top spot for power damage is taken by weaver and 2nd is revenant. The 2 classes whose main skills are hard to counter aside stepping away, dodging or simply not going nearby.

> >

> > A bunny thief with a staff can be a choice but for that to happen you have to go melee which is very hard in this ranged meta (plus youre heavily dependant on your own zerg), meaning youre far more better off playing ranged classes if you aim to get the most DPS.

>

> Honestly if zergs were that great at reflects etc then I wouldn’t drop so many people as consistently as I do. Once in a rare while I get a short reflect but almost never.

>

> Wait until the group engages, watch the enemy group up then BAM. Watch many fall down.

>

> Call us noobs if you want but this noob dps’s the h out of groups.

>

I disagree, but I must say that I notice there are few groups that have good reflect uptime for whatever reason.

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> > ive seen lays use a staff teef vs twice their numbers in wvw. it was like 20 v 45ish. I don't know how many times we have to tell you, what you do is not rush straight on but hit from the sides. pretty simple.

>

> So...it's not really 20v45. It's 20+x +possibly y vs 45. sounds like 2017 NA fight meta moving to EU!

>

>

EU makes the metas, NA tries to follow EU metas but still sucks at it.

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > Honestly if zergs> @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > > Sigh, must be noob players here giving replies to play rangers. You know its really easy to counter your pew pews with reflection walls and any decent zerg will simply soak in your damage via barriers. Theres so many counters zergs have against rangers and if youd fight a proper zerg then you wouldnt recommend ranger in a million years.

> > > If you want good damage in zergs then you aim to pick the classes that have the most ranged AOE damage that cant be simply countered via simple mechanics such as reflections.

> > > So far the top spot for power damage is taken by weaver and 2nd is revenant. The 2 classes whose main skills are hard to counter aside stepping away, dodging or simply not going nearby.

> > >

> > > A bunny thief with a staff can be a choice but for that to happen you have to go melee which is very hard in this ranged meta (plus youre heavily dependant on your own zerg), meaning youre far more better off playing ranged classes if you aim to get the most DPS.

> >

> > Honestly if zergs were that great at reflects etc then I wouldn’t drop so many people as consistently as I do. Once in a rare while I get a short reflect but almost never.

> >

> > Wait until the group engages, watch the enemy group up then BAM. Watch many fall down.

> >

> > Call us noobs if you want but this noob dps’s the h out of groups.

> >

>

> I disagree, but I must say that I notice there are few groups that have good reflect uptime for whatever reason.

I’m speaking only about how it’s working for me. You can disagree I guess based on your own experiences but from my side this is how it goes most of the time.

> @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > ive seen lays use a staff teef vs twice their numbers in wvw. it was like 20 v 45ish. I don't know how many times we have to tell you, what you do is not rush straight on but hit from the sides. pretty simple.

> >

> > So...it's not really 20v45. It's 20+x +possibly y vs 45. sounds like 2017 NA fight meta moving to EU!

> >

> >

>

> EU makes the metas, NA tries to follow EU metas but still sucks at it.

EU makes the builds, which get overrun by better NA tactics. Does EU still take turns for even fights in open field? Or have they learned to stack servers for an omniblob, nuthug, and driver snipe in wvw? Oh let me guess, they still trying to carve out that highly skilled game mode called GvG cause they can't handle actual wvw!

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> > @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > > ive seen lays use a staff teef vs twice their numbers in wvw. it was like 20 v 45ish. I don't know how many times we have to tell you, what you do is not rush straight on but hit from the sides. pretty simple.

> > >

> > > So...it's not really 20v45. It's 20+x +possibly y vs 45. sounds like 2017 NA fight meta moving to EU!

> > >

> > >

> >

> > EU makes the metas, NA tries to follow EU metas but still sucks at it.

>

> EU makes the builds, which get overrun by better NA tactics. Does EU still take turns for even fights in open field? Or have they learned to stack servers for an omniblob, nuthug, and driver snipe in wvw? Oh let me guess, they still trying to carve out that highly skilled game mode called GvG cause they can't handle actual wvw!

Actually NA makes plays the low effort gimmick builds, but EU does strange things.. but still works...

EU player in NA. :}

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > @"Arctisavange.7261" said:

> > > > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > > > > ive seen lays use a staff teef vs twice their numbers in wvw. it was like 20 v 45ish. I don't know how many times we have to tell you, what you do is not rush straight on but hit from the sides. pretty simple.

> > > >

> > > > So...it's not really 20v45. It's 20+x +possibly y vs 45. sounds like 2017 NA fight meta moving to EU!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > EU makes the metas, NA tries to follow EU metas but still sucks at it.

> >

> > EU makes the builds, which get overrun by better NA tactics. Does EU still take turns for even fights in open field? Or have they learned to stack servers for an omniblob, nuthug, and driver snipe in wvw? Oh let me guess, they still trying to carve out that highly skilled game mode called GvG cause they can't handle actual wvw!

>

> Actually NA makes plays the low effort gimmick builds, but EU does strange things.. but still works...

>

>

> EU player in NA. :}

Na player EU

Primetimes are practicly the same

1. 'best fight guilds' form a ball of dead and overblob the enemy

2. Offtime 'fightguilds' mostly Just run over pug

3. 'hardcore guilds' run meta with a few adjustments to ran classes and traitlines