Easy Gemstore 'wins' for Anet

Fade.5904

More voice options and emotes sounds great!

However a new mechanic in a future update can bring a lot better opportunities. Take gliders and mounts + their skins after, for an example. Both gliders and mounts are core mechanics in today's gameplay. I would like to see something similar. It can be housing, airships, underwater combat/movement system, charr vehicles, can be something completely different but it should bring real use cases in the world of Tyria.

I am ok with more monetization methods because I love the game and want it alive, that is why I spend some money every once in a while for gem cards (not counting the expansions), doing my part supporting it :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to obtain the Oil Reclamation Pump backpack from the Thunderhead Peaks southern meta. It is just a grey backpack that looks like the body of a vacuum, but it would suit to many futuristic designs and a couple of engineer-outfits where the slickpack does not fit. I do not care if it is for gems, map currency, karma, gold, laurels

![](https://i.imgur.com/7xc4Gpb.jpg "")

And maybe the Zephyrite Backpack from the Smyphony's Haven Renown Heart. You get the skin when you carry a Practice Crystal

![](https://i.imgur.com/3UPhsiD.jpg "")

> @"Roksiel.6123" said:

> Or how about just let me buy an armor skin whenever I want instead of having to wait for like half a year until it's back on sale, thus making me lose interest in it by the time it's up again.

This is a marketing strategy which serves Anet very well. I don't see that they would change this anytime soon, else they would have done so well before now.

EDIT: See [scarcity](https://sumo.com/stories/scarcity-marketing "Scarcity")

these big packages with lots of stuff in it to buy at once like the war eternal packages convinced me to put some money down. Something i only do every few years. (expansion usually.)

Kind of wished it was more exclusive to newer items rather than older already released items. Making such a package really themed to its release.

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> 1. Character combat voice packs

> 2. Parody weapons/skins (Banana greatsword?)

> 3. Parody armor/skins ([Paper bag hat?](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paper-Bag_Helm_Skin_(Blush) "Paper bag hat?"))

> 4. new /emotes

I agree on 1 and 4, but disagree on 2 and 3 (because we already have too many skins that break immersion). Although... the banana scythe would be a nice GW1 reference item. ;)

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> Ranged weapons with matching sound and projectile effects.

:+1:

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > 1. Character combat voice packs

> > 2. Parody weapons/skins (Banana greatsword?)

> > 3. Parody armor/skins ([Paper bag hat?](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paper-Bag_Helm_Skin_(Blush) "Paper bag hat?"))

> > 4. new /emotes

>

> I agree on 1 and 4, but disagree on 2 and 3 (because we already have too many skins that break immersion). Although... the banana scythe would be a nice GW1 reference item. ;)

>

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > Ranged weapons with matching sound and projectile effects.

>

> :+1:

I mean overwatch and other games have parody armor/weapon skins and they turn out fine. Why can't I fight elder dragons with a banana suit?

:angry:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > 1. Character combat voice packs

> > > 2. Parody weapons/skins (Banana greatsword?)

> > > 3. Parody armor/skins ([Paper bag hat?](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paper-Bag_Helm_Skin_(Blush) "Paper bag hat?"))

> > > 4. new /emotes

> >

> > I agree on 1 and 4, but disagree on 2 and 3 (because we already have too many skins that break immersion). Although... the banana scythe would be a nice GW1 reference item. ;)

> >

> > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > Ranged weapons with matching sound and projectile effects.

> >

> > :+1:

>

> I mean overwatch and other games have parody armor/weapon skins and they turn out fine. Why can't I fight elder dragons with a banana suit?

>

> :angry:

Overwatch is not a mmoRPG. Those are supposed to have consistent and immersive fantasy worlds. Although money seems more important that artistic integrity in the industry these days so you may get your banana sets....

> I mean overwatch and other games have parody armor/weapon skins and they turn out fine. Why can't I fight elder dragons with a banana suit?

>

> :angry:

Heh heh heh. :p Maybe, some day, they _will_ release SAB World 3, and it will be a banana world for you to dive into and live your dream. :3

> 1. Character combat voice packs

> 2. Parody weapons/skins (Banana greatsword?)

> 3. Parody armor/skins ([Paper bag hat?](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paper-Bag_Helm_Skin_(Blush) "Paper bag hat?"))

> 4. new /emotes

I would personally be strongly against them.

While joke armour may be fun for the user, they can ruin the aesthetic for many other players who also have to look them.

I think allowing SAB graphics as joke weapons, gliders, and backpacks have already done a lot of damage, and adding more joke armour won't improve the game's visual.

Some small items like your suggested paper hat skin can be fun, but don't overdo it.

Like doing a serious event chain in the story domains, and then seeing someone in clown armour and gift wrapped weapons really ruins whatever seriousness you were supposed to have.

Because of that, i find myself playing on lowest model quality quite a lot

> @"Aridon.8362" said:

> The Agent of Balthazar outfit, and Avatar of Grenth outfit Anet promised to the people years ago.

Promised?

When?

Where?

Besides we already have a Grenth outfit, and even three Balthazar outfits.

I want something from Melandru, first

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > > > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > > and I dont even play much, all I do every day is just following this exact pattern, start from 6PM AEST

> > > > logon → Teq → AB (taxi into loot map) → Palawadan (no GH) → VB (kill Matri and leave) → TD → daily 3 PvP tasks → (fit in daily WvW if was super quick ones) → Karka Queen → daily 3-4 WvW tasks → logoff

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm gonna be square with you, that's a lot of playing on a daily basis for most people. Earning 1400 gold without TP shenanigans in 2 months is well beyond the scope of most average players.

> > >

> > > In fact, you're only earning that much precisely because other's aren't doing that. All the value of that loot would crater if everyone else was doing that as well.

> >

> > really? :open_mouth: guess a lot of my guildies are no lifers :lol: they do like double the amount of meta contents than me

>

> I think the issue is simply 2 hours a day is "a lot of playing" to some, as 1,400 in 2 months is doable even if someone only played 2 hours a day without constant trading. Even just doing Fractal Dailies, less than 1 hour a day, will get you more than 1,400 gold in 2 months; 1,200 if you're unlucky.

First off, that was more like over a 90 day period(not 2 months, if you figure it out properly) and that turns out to around 16g per day, which your average player can make without problem...I believe that is the point being made here.

> @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > > 1. Character combat voice packs

> > > > 2. Parody weapons/skins (Banana greatsword?)

> > > > 3. Parody armor/skins ([Paper bag hat?](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paper-Bag_Helm_Skin_(Blush) "Paper bag hat?"))

> > > > 4. new /emotes

> > >

> > > I agree on 1 and 4, but disagree on 2 and 3 (because we already have too many skins that break immersion). Although... the banana scythe would be a nice GW1 reference item. ;)

> > >

> > > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > Ranged weapons with matching sound and projectile effects.

> > >

> > > :+1:

> >

> > I mean overwatch and other games have parody armor/weapon skins and they turn out fine. Why can't I fight elder dragons with a banana suit?

> >

> > :angry:

>

> Overwatch is not a mmoRPG. Those are supposed to have consistent and immersive fantasy worlds. Although money seems more important that artistic integrity in the industry these days so you may get your banana sets....

oh come on, it's a fantasy world

pretend it's a magical banana or something. Elder banana dragon will be the final boss of this game mark my word

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > > @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > > > look at tera online... they have all sexy stuff i want ... for both females and males

> > >

> > > and it looks awful. No immersion whats so ever. Maiden costumes for Elins ... kitten.

> >

> > as if GW2 has any immersion in it :lol :lol :lol

>

> Guild Wars 2 should never, ever, ever look like Tera with it's Elins.

no, it's worse, they got asura

> > @"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:

> > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > > > 1. Character combat voice packs

> > > > > 2. Parody weapons/skins (Banana greatsword?)

> > > > > 3. Parody armor/skins ([Paper bag hat?](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Paper-Bag_Helm_Skin_(Blush) "Paper bag hat?"))

> > > > > 4. new /emotes

> > > >

> > > > I agree on 1 and 4, but disagree on 2 and 3 (because we already have too many skins that break immersion). Although... the banana scythe would be a nice GW1 reference item. ;)

> > > >

> > > > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > > Ranged weapons with matching sound and projectile effects.

> > > >

> > > > :+1:

> > >

> > > I mean overwatch and other games have parody armor/weapon skins and they turn out fine. Why can't I fight elder dragons with a banana suit?

> > >

> > > :angry:

> >

> > Overwatch is not a mmoRPG. Those are supposed to have consistent and immersive fantasy worlds. Although money seems more important that artistic integrity in the industry these days so you may get your banana sets....

>

> Elder banana dragon will be the final boss of this game mark my word

Truly, a horrifying thought. An eldritch abomination for sure.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > The Agent of Balthazar outfit, and Avatar of Grenth outfit Anet promised to the people years ago.

>

> Promised?

> When?

> Where?

>

> Besides we already have a Grenth outfit, and even three Balthazar outfits.

> I want something from Melandru, first

PAX East 2016, and no we don't have the Agent of Balthazar outfit, and Avatar of Grenth outfit. We even adopted some of the other outfits from gw1, why can't we just have the rest? Here's a list of all of them.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Costume