Revenat Balance Notes Preview - Discussion

Sorem.9157

> @"Ario.8964" said:

> OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

>

> What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> >

> > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

>

> Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

> @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> > >

> > > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

> >

> > Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

>

> Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

I didn't really mean that Axe needs to be reworked - Axe 5 is a great skill. Compared to sword 5 axe 4 is underwhelming (to me anyway) and needs some attention.

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> > > >

> > > > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

> > >

> > > Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

> >

> > Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

>

> I didn't really mean that Axe needs to be reworked - Axe 5 is a great skill. Compared to sword 5 axe 4 is underwhelming (to me anyway) and needs some attention.

Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

>

> Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

Out of curiosity, why do you find it to be such a bad skill? I really like axe offhand and while axe 4 isn't as impactful as axe 5, I still like it.

With that said, it feels like a double-edged sword vs specs like DH.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> > > > >

> > > > > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

> > > >

> > > > Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

> > >

> > > Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

> >

> > I didn't really mean that Axe needs to be reworked - Axe 5 is a great skill. Compared to sword 5 axe 4 is underwhelming (to me anyway) and needs some attention.

>

> Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

>

> Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

Axe 4 is also a great skill which has a feeling to it. It's impactful and is great for hybrid builds. OH Sword is nowhere near it and while OH Sword 4 could be made into 2-cast block-attack skill, the 5 should be reworked in my opinion.

OH Sword doesn't provide _anything_ Revenant didn't have before its rework.

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

> > > >

> > > > Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

> > >

> > > I didn't really mean that Axe needs to be reworked - Axe 5 is a great skill. Compared to sword 5 axe 4 is underwhelming (to me anyway) and needs some attention.

> >

> > Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

> >

> > Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

>

> Axe 4 is also a great skill which has a feeling to it. It's impactful and is great for hybrid builds. OH Sword is nowhere near it and while OH Sword 4 could be made into 2-cast block-attack skill, the 5 should be reworked in my opinion.

>

> OH Sword doesn't provide _anything_ Revenant didn't have before its rework.

I disagree. Sword 5 provide a much more reliable mobility tool that can teleport you to your opponent - it works vertically, horizontally, ignoring LoS, blind, etc. basically all the things that can make Axe 4 fail. It also makes the rev more dangerous - the opponent either has to dodge after the teleport to avoid Sword 5's damage, or move out of the way (which is harder to pull off), or eat the huge damage. It's great for baiting dodges, the damage is great, the soft CC is good, the fury syncs well with power rev. Meanwhile an enemy only has to dodge Axe 4's projectile, or blind the rev, or use LoS, or go out of range, in order for the skill to fail.

OH sword gives rev a place in meta PvP. Sword 5 is the last skill ANet should touch.

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> OH sword gives rev a place in meta PvP. Sword 5 is the last skill ANet should touch.

While I agree with this phrase and your arguments behind, it seals the reasons due condition and hybrild builds are useless in PvP and the class remains adscribed to a single build for 3+ years since the release. Power herald works because achieves a balance between burst, mobility, blocks disengagement potential and AoE cc/cleave damage and the inherent weakness of lacking in condition defense/cleasings and having a rigid skill structure and low weapon availability which makes Revenant predictable.

Meanwhile, hybrid builds don't work: the blocks essential for survability rely in weapons which don't provide condition damage, the mobility tools are lackluster if you need to go with condition focused weapons and legends, and you can't make a condi bruiser or tank/holder because the sustain provided by condition weapons and legends is meaningless, due they are designed to face PvE piñatas, not other players.

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

> > > > >

> > > > > Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

> > > >

> > > > I didn't really mean that Axe needs to be reworked - Axe 5 is a great skill. Compared to sword 5 axe 4 is underwhelming (to me anyway) and needs some attention.

> > >

> > > Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

> > >

> > > Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

> >

> > Axe 4 is also a great skill which has a feeling to it. It's impactful and is great for hybrid builds. OH Sword is nowhere near it and while OH Sword 4 could be made into 2-cast block-attack skill, the 5 should be reworked in my opinion.

> >

> > OH Sword doesn't provide _anything_ Revenant didn't have before its rework.

>

> I disagree. Sword 5 provide a much more reliable mobility tool that can teleport you to your opponent - it works vertically, horizontally, ignoring LoS, blind, etc. basically all the things that can make Axe 4 fail. It also makes the rev more dangerous - the opponent either has to dodge after the teleport to avoid Sword 5's damage, or move out of the way (which is harder to pull off), or eat the huge damage. It's great for baiting dodges, the damage is great, the soft CC is good, the fury syncs well with power rev. Meanwhile an enemy only has to dodge Axe 4's projectile, or blind the rev, or use LoS, or go out of range, in order for the skill to fail.

>

> OH sword gives rev a place in meta PvP. Sword 5 is the last skill ANet should touch.

But I didn't say that OH Sword doesn't do its job.

I don't like its design and I think it's boring. On-demand click-teleport to target is a boring mechanic to me.

Axe's for design makes sense, because if you miss it, you are punished and left with CD. Sword teleports you anyway and even if you get blinded when using Shackling Wave, the skill hits anyway, if you are blinded when using Deathstrike, you teleport anyway. This is the boring design I'm talking about. OH Sword's design is too forgiving **in comparison to other Rev's weapons**.

Again, I didn't say anything about OH Sword's poor performance. I don't think the design behind it is thoughtful and engaging for the Revenant Player, period.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

> >

> > Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

>

> Out of curiosity, why do you find it to be such a bad skill? I really like axe offhand and while axe 4 isn't as impactful as axe 5, I still like it.

>

> With that said, it feels like a double-edged sword vs specs like DH.

A good skill has the ability to generate plays--a great skill has the ability to generate multiple, different plays.

Axe 4 only allows the opposition to generate plays, because BEST CASE scenario, you're relying on the other player's inability to dodge the slowest projectile in the game for it to even do anything. And worst case scenario, they position themselves and let it hit them on purpose so that you kill yourself on all the traps/shades/staff sigils between you and the target. It's the type of skill that's fine in PvE and then gets exponentially worse as you try to use it against more competent players.

> > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > > > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn't really mean that Axe needs to be reworked - Axe 5 is a great skill. Compared to sword 5 axe 4 is underwhelming (to me anyway) and needs some attention.

> > > >

> > > > Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

> > > >

> > > > Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

> > >

> > > Axe 4 is also a great skill which has a feeling to it. It's impactful and is great for hybrid builds. OH Sword is nowhere near it and while OH Sword 4 could be made into 2-cast block-attack skill, the 5 should be reworked in my opinion.

> > >

> > > OH Sword doesn't provide _anything_ Revenant didn't have before its rework.

> >

> > I disagree. Sword 5 provide a much more reliable mobility tool that can teleport you to your opponent - it works vertically, horizontally, ignoring LoS, blind, etc. basically all the things that can make Axe 4 fail. It also makes the rev more dangerous - the opponent either has to dodge after the teleport to avoid Sword 5's damage, or move out of the way (which is harder to pull off), or eat the huge damage. It's great for baiting dodges, the damage is great, the soft CC is good, the fury syncs well with power rev. Meanwhile an enemy only has to dodge Axe 4's projectile, or blind the rev, or use LoS, or go out of range, in order for the skill to fail.

> >

> > OH sword gives rev a place in meta PvP. Sword 5 is the last skill ANet should touch.

>

> But I didn't say that OH Sword doesn't do its job.

> I don't like its design and I think it's boring. On-demand click-teleport to target is a boring mechanic to me.

>

> Axe's for design makes sense, because if you miss it, you are punished and left with CD. Sword teleports you anyway and even if you get blinded when using Shackling Wave, the skill hits anyway, if you are blinded when using Deathstrike, you teleport anyway. This is the boring design I'm talking about. OH Sword's design is too forgiving **in comparison to other Rev's weapons**.

>

> Again, I didn't say anything about OH Sword's poor performance. I don't think the design behind it is thoughtful and engaging for the Revenant Player, period.

If you’re blinded when using ANY teleport skill in the entire game (that doesn’t require an on-hit condition to be met to teleport, I.e axe 4 being required to hit) you will still teleport regardless. That’s not bad design or not engaging, it’s just following how literally the entire game has worked since release. Thieves don’t fail shadowsteps or steals due to blind, mirage doesn’t fail its jaunts, sword 3, etc. Guardian sword 2 or judges intervention doesn’t fail.

Perhaps instead of advocating for nerfs or bashing one of revenants best and most up-to-date weapons, we should be looking at bringing all the other weapons up to par with the best of Revenant and the best of all other classes.

OH sword is good as is. It does not need any changes in any game mode. Axe 4, it would be useful if they make it castable without a target (and obviously should not fail).

On another note regarding sword OH, since the remake made a new weapon completely, what I never managed to understand is why Anet just did not add a new weapon entirely and kept the old sword block in particular with a change to skill 5. It’s not like rev had tons of weapons to begin with.

Unrelated note, condi rev in PvP, still sucks. Anet, guys please STOP DOING THE RANDOM CRAP that you have been doing. Please at least try to read any feedback. This throwing darts blindly is becoming silly.

Peeked at the forums to see the latest patch note. Makes me glad I stopped playing because of their clueless balance designs.

GL for you guys having to wait ~3 months with awful changes not changing the current and previous Rev situation accross the board even after the so-called herald revamp. 3 months of wait to be disappointed yet again.

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > > @"DonArkanio.6419" said:

> > > > > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > > > > > > OH sword needs damage nerfs so it isn't a 1 shot wombo combo, shield needs the root removed from 5, and sword 2, 3, and 4 need target damage splits removed so they can be a reliable single target burst

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What OH sword needs is to remove the skill #4 attack and be replaced instead by a 2 seconds block each 10 seconds as happened at the HoT release and the skill #5 be turned into a serious hybrid damage gap closer (as ironically was axe #4 at the HoT release), so the weapon would be usable for both power and condi builds, opening a gate for condition (or hybrid) based builds to be viable in the future. Currently survability of condi builds in PvP without staff is close to 0, and if the build uses staff your damage is 0 anytime you wield that weapon. An off hand sword with block, mobility and hybrid damage would be usefull to provide the MUCH needed variety in builds that this hopeless class lacks.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why not rework Axe, which is currently very underwhelming and traditionally used as a hybrid weapon, instead of gutting the only good power OH weapon rev has?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Welp, I love Axe and it isn't underwhelming for me. I want OH Sword to be reworked.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn't really mean that Axe needs to be reworked - Axe 5 is a great skill. Compared to sword 5 axe 4 is underwhelming (to me anyway) and needs some attention.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seconded, Axe 4 is a real candidate for worst skill in the game--for any class.... Sw5 is a top 5 skill for any class. People need to stop.

> > > > >

> > > > > Some of the people complaining about OH Sword have *admittedly* (according to comments in previous posts) never even tried it since its rework and don't even play Rev anymore.

> > > >

> > > > Axe 4 is also a great skill which has a feeling to it. It's impactful and is great for hybrid builds. OH Sword is nowhere near it and while OH Sword 4 could be made into 2-cast block-attack skill, the 5 should be reworked in my opinion.

> > > >

> > > > OH Sword doesn't provide _anything_ Revenant didn't have before its rework.

> > >

> > > I disagree. Sword 5 provide a much more reliable mobility tool that can teleport you to your opponent - it works vertically, horizontally, ignoring LoS, blind, etc. basically all the things that can make Axe 4 fail. It also makes the rev more dangerous - the opponent either has to dodge after the teleport to avoid Sword 5's damage, or move out of the way (which is harder to pull off), or eat the huge damage. It's great for baiting dodges, the damage is great, the soft CC is good, the fury syncs well with power rev. Meanwhile an enemy only has to dodge Axe 4's projectile, or blind the rev, or use LoS, or go out of range, in order for the skill to fail.

> > >

> > > OH sword gives rev a place in meta PvP. Sword 5 is the last skill ANet should touch.

> >

> > But I didn't say that OH Sword doesn't do its job.

> > I don't like its design and I think it's boring. On-demand click-teleport to target is a boring mechanic to me.

> >

> > Axe's for design makes sense, because if you miss it, you are punished and left with CD. Sword teleports you anyway and even if you get blinded when using Shackling Wave, the skill hits anyway, if you are blinded when using Deathstrike, you teleport anyway. This is the boring design I'm talking about. OH Sword's design is too forgiving **in comparison to other Rev's weapons**.

> >

> > Again, I didn't say anything about OH Sword's poor performance. I don't think the design behind it is thoughtful and engaging for the Revenant Player, period.

>

> If you’re blinded when using ANY teleport skill in the entire game (that doesn’t require an on-hit condition to be met to teleport, I.e axe 4 being required to hit) you will still teleport regardless. That’s not bad design or not engaging, it’s just following how literally the entire game has worked since release. Thieves don’t fail shadowsteps or steals due to blind, mirage doesn’t fail its jaunts, sword 3, etc. Guardian sword 2 or judges intervention doesn’t fail.

>

> Perhaps instead of advocating for nerfs or bashing one of revenants best and most up-to-date weapons, we should be looking at bringing all the other weapons up to par with the best of Revenant and the best of all other classes.

But I like this kind of design. Axe 4 can follow a stun or Temporaln Rift. I don't have problem landing this skill against more experienced players. And while, as you said, this might be the mechanic of literally every skill in the game, I think that the design of Axe is great and doesn't need tweaking. People didn't talk about Axe being garbage before they got OH Sword rework which is nuts.

So, instead of bringing up everything to the level of FB, OH Sword, Mirage, so that other classes can keep up, I'd rather NERF everything that's overpowerming. Because in my opinion classes that are currently underperforming are the most balanced - because the amount of boons and condis / damage they have is okay, not OP. If something is not OP at what it's doing, it's underperforming. PvP Herald is carried by the raw damage and OH Sword easy design. You just appear near the target to nuke it with 2 skills and autoattacks and go away. That's Rev's role in PvP at the moment.

I'd bring everything down to the healthy level of **no** perma boons, 20k damage hits, stunbreaking every stun, etc. I don't see why people want to buff every other specs instead of nerfing the overperforming ones. That's why we don't have balance. People want every class to do huge damage, have huge sustain and huge everything. But that's off the point.

**_What if OH Sword didn't get a rework? Would Rev on PvP be non-viable/dead?_**

I wonder how Renegade players feel right now. Anet focuses on Herald patch after patch; they hype up a rework a few months ago but ultimately change nothing. Meanwhile, Scrapper was being silently reworked the whole time and now it's a demi-god with actually decent minion skills.

> I don't have problem landing this skill against more experienced players.

> People didn't talk about Axe being garbage before they got OH Sword rework which is nuts.

> What if OH Sword didn't get a rework? Would Rev on PvP be non-viable/dead?

I gotta cry foul here... If you are hitting people with this, then they are not experienced players. You might hit somebody good with it like ONCE in a match because they forgot it was unblockable since they haven't seen it in so long, but after that never again unless--like I said earlier--they want you to trigger a bunch of area damage on yourself.

And yes, people have always said that axe 4 was garbage... And while people might not have specifically said axe *in general* was garbage before oh sword got its rework, what they *did* say was that Rev was garbage. Initial PoF tier consensus had Herald at the bottom with the assorted Ele builds and then Renegade in its own sad tier at the bottom, way past F minus.

So I just did a few DPS tests with condi revenant. The nerfs definitely sting. Currently, using the very simple rotations, I get these numbers:

Auto attack only: 15.8k DPS

All mace/axe skills: 19.7k DPS

Whereas my [previous numbers](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/782551/#Comment_782551 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/782551/#Comment_782551") got 16.8k for the auto and 22.2k for all weapon skills. I haven't done a full rotation test, because generally things don't work for me anymore, but so far it looks like we're losing around 2.5k.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> I wonder how Renegade players feel right now. Anet focuses on Herald patch after patch; they hype up a rework a few months ago but ultimately change nothing. Meanwhile, Scrapper was being silently reworked the whole time and now it's a demi-god with actually decent minion skills.

Maybe it was easier for them to rework an E-Spec that wasn't on the spot od argument do much. That might be why they did it quietly - no hype, no disappointment on unmade promises.

But I still want that Renegade rework though.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> I wonder how Renegade players feel right now. Anet focuses on Herald patch after patch; they hype up a rework a few months ago but ultimately change nothing. Meanwhile, Scrapper was being silently reworked the whole time and now it's a demi-god with actually decent minion skills.

Why buff something that will never work? They need to completely redo the spec cause its a junk from F skills to utilities and traits. Even the bow seems awful

> @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > I wonder how Renegade players feel right now. Anet focuses on Herald patch after patch; they hype up a rework a few months ago but ultimately change nothing. Meanwhile, Scrapper was being silently reworked the whole time and now it's a demi-god with actually decent minion skills.

>

> Why buff something that will never work? They need to completely redo the spec cause its a junk from F skills to utilities and traits. Even the bow seems awful

Because Renegade probably could work if they put more effort than just adjusting numbers up and down.

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > > I wonder how Renegade players feel right now. Anet focuses on Herald patch after patch; they hype up a rework a few months ago but ultimately change nothing. Meanwhile, Scrapper was being silently reworked the whole time and now it's a demi-god with actually decent minion skills.

> >

> > Why buff something that will never work? They need to completely redo the spec cause its a junk from F skills to utilities and traits. Even the bow seems awful

>

> Because Renegade probably could work if they put more effort than just adjusting numbers up and down.

How you wanna make something work when whole traitline is all about some stupid buff, the bow itself has no escape nor any real pressure and the utilities are killable immobile spirits? See the problem with this spec now?

> @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > I wonder how Renegade players feel right now. Anet focuses on Herald patch after patch; they hype up a rework a few months ago but ultimately change nothing. Meanwhile, Scrapper was being silently reworked the whole time and now it's a demi-god with actually decent minion skills.

>

> Why buff something that will never work? They need to completely redo the spec cause its a junk from F skills to utilities and traits. Even the bow seems awful

Renegade could be a great legend if it was one of the Core legends for Revenant - having this legend in 2015 would be great. But now, I don't see anything interesting about Renegade except high PvE numbers, lol.

Our "_warband_" is just ugh.